LEE JINA, FIGHTING!

Sibling love.

 

Jina’s POV.

It was a cold and dark morning. The thick mist in the atmosphere formed dewdrops on the grass. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed. The feeling and atmosphere here was way different from Hongdae. Come to think of it, I miss the boys so much. And it has only been a day. So, I decided to text Sungjae.

Good morning sweetie! I’m guessing you’re still asleep. It is 4 in the morning after all. Well, today is my first day of being an official filial daughter to my mother. I hope everything goes well. I miss you and the guys so much…

Your favorite girl – Jina.

I scanned through the text and clicked send. I slipped the phone into the front pocket of my hoodie as I dragged my feet to the kitchen to begin my household chores.

To my surprise, there was a list of things to do, stuck on the fridge.

It read:

1.     Wash the clothes. Separate them according to colour.

2.     Hang the clothes.

3.     Feather dust the furniture.

4.     Sweep the floor.

5.     Mop the floor.

6.     Make breakfast.

My eyes widened at the number of things to do. I took a deep breath and pouted. It’s time to get this show on the road!

I reread the first thing mentioned on the list: 1.Wash the clothes. Separate them according to colour.

This should be easy…” I told myself pleasantly. I walked over to the pile of clothes sitting in the basket at the corner of the kitchen. I sat down and began separating them into colours. Thank goodness, Changsub oppa and umma didn’t have much striking coloured outfits. It was much easier for me to separate it then. After separating them, I laid them in the basket and placed the basket on the washing machine.

“The whites should go in first, I think.” I guessed as I shoved the white clothes into the washing machine. “What’s next? Oh yeah! The soap powder and softener! Now, where is it?” I questioned myself. I searched the top shelves but it wasn’t there. So I wanted to bend over to check if it was at the cupboard below. However, my big hit the tray of cups at the corner of the kitchen counter.

The tray of cups landed on the floor causing a storm of clinging sounds throughout the entire house. I bit my lip in frustration and scolded myself softly, “I can’t do anything right. Tsk..”

Just then, I heard footsteps coming closer.

“Who’s there?” I heard Changsub oppa ask. I slowly straightened my back and nervously smiled at him, “Heh.. Good morning..”

“What happened?!” he asked.

I hopped on to the kitchen counter to tell him my intentions and got hit in the head by the cupboard above. I swear, nothing was going my way.

After explaining myself, Changsub oppa gave me an uncertain look.

“You could’ve approached me for help! It would’ve done less damage.” he joked.

“B-but I just explain-“ I tried to say.

“Just shut up and get me the broom and dustpan.” He ordered.

I put my hand on my forehead, just like the soldiers did and voiced out, “YES SIR!”

Changsub’s POV.

“Silly brat. It’s times like these that remind me of how fun our childhood was.” I thought to myself.

Just then, it hit me. The lovey dovey feelings I had were gone. There was no major heart pumping, just normal heart beat. Was the weeks she was away helpful? Did I really get over her? Or maybe, I just gave up and the love became kinship. Whatever it was, I was ecstatic!

“Here you go!” she giggled as she handed me the broom and dustpan. I took the items from her and began giving her a tutorial on how to sweep the floor in a proper manner.

Then, I realized, our mother had been watching the whole time. I turned to look at her and called her out, “Umma!”

She smiled faintly but sincerely as she walked towards us. Not wanting to cause her too much trouble of walking over, I set aside the broom and dustpan and dragged Jina with me. We stood by her sides, each grasping on to her warm yet tender hands.

“This reminds me so much of when you were young. Time really flies, doesn’t it?” she faltered. She took her hands that contained our grasps and put them together in the middle as she urged, “Promise me that you will always look out for each other. No matter what happens, don’t leave the other in the lurch when problem arises. You are the only kin she has, and you are the only kin he has. Promise me that you’ll live well and happy.”

“We promise.” the both of us said in unison. Jina and I planted a kiss on my mother’s cheek as she caressed our faces and pulled us in for a family hug.

It had been such a long time since we had such a special bonding time. It was definitely one to treasure and remember.

Jina’s POV.

I couldn’t help but jerk a tiny tear at such a beautiful family moment. I knew my mother didn’t have much time to spare, so I appreciated every moment. Also, I have learnt not to dwell too much on her sickness. Life goes on, doesn’t it?

So I am going to lead a happy life, no matter what. I will be happy in front of everyone! Especially, my mother.

Just then, there was a vibration coming from my pocket. I pulled away from the hug and nervously smiled and apologized, “One second. Heh…”

1 New Message.

I looked at the message in disbelief. Who could be texting me at 4.20 in the morning?

Hello baby! I hope you’re doing well! I miss you so so so so sooo much! I couldn’t sleep well so I stayed up writing songs. Junhyung hyung just came in and gave me an earful. T_T But he said hi! Ilhoon hyung just buzzed into my room when he found out you texted, he misses you too! Hmm, I’m guessing you’re going through a lot now huh? I wish you all the best in fulfilling your duties as a filial daughter!! LEE JINA FIGHTING~

Your handsome(as always) boy – Sungjae.

P.S. HI JINA! IT’S ME ILHOON! I MISS YOU LOADS kekeke. And eugh, handsome boy. What a joke! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

This was slightly different than my original idea for this chapter. I was gonna click update chapter previously, but the website died all of a sudden and i had to retype it. Imagine the frustration. Oh well. Enjoy ^^