Sweet Potatoes

Sibling love.

Upon hearing the question, I choked on the sweet potato that I have to swallow properly.

Sungjae's face looked offended, "Ya! I just asked.. You could've just said no instead of giving such a reaction!"

I waved my hands infront of his eyes and pointed to my throat as I widened my eyes. He tilted his head sideways and pouted his lips trying to figure out what I was imitating. I continued showing him weird arm gestures, hoping he would figure it out soon. It took him almost a minute to figure out what I was implying before he stood up and patted me on the back trying to make me cough it out.

I coughed so hard that I believe that small chunk of sweet potato flew out somewhere on the ground. Ack, gross!

I quickly grabbed a bottle of mineral water from the counter and drank in big gulps. Sungjae stood by the table and laughed so hard that he almost over the chair.

"YA! THAT IS NOT FUNNY! I could've died!!" I yelled.

"Eh, but you didn't now, did you?" Sungjae said in a sarcastic manner.

I gave him the evil eye and grabbed the first thing I could see on the counter, which happened to be a box of tissues and threw it at him. However, he caught it before it even hit him. I stomped my feet with anger and tried to find more things to throw at him. While I was ruffling and making a mess of the counter, his long arms hugged me from the back.

"Be mine?" he asked as his head rested on my shoulders. A pair of scissors and a crushed paper ball that I held in my hand fell onto the floor.

"You're not serious...... Are you?" I questioned. 

He spun me around and looked me directly in the eyes. I gulped and pursed my lips tightly.

"Well, let me see.. I asked you earlier, you choked and started throwing a fit, yet I'm asking you the same thing. What do you reckon?"

I looked to the floor and blushed. My heart seemed to have skipped a beat.

Just then, a group of people from the back voiced out in harmony, "Just say yes already!". Both our heads turned to look at them. Dongho oppa looked over and jokingly said, "If you don't say yes, I might steal him from you!"

I chuckled at what he said and looked at Sungjae who seemed rather stunned at what Dongho oppa had said. He smiled nervously and looked at me, confused. I bit my lip and sheepishly nodded, "Yes......."

Sungjae jumped, "What'd you say?". He wanted to make sure that he heard me right.

"I said yes, you goofball!" I shouted in his ear. 

He lifted me up and started to spin me around. I focused my eyes on him and beamed a huge smile. Roars of applause could be heard in the background. It was as if they just watched some ending to a movie. But, to me this special encounter was only the beginning. 

He finally put me down and kissed me on the cheek and he ran over the guys at the back. Sungjae bowed to them and thanked them graciously. I couldn't help but giggle. 

I walked over to Changsub oppa who stood by the kitchen doorway, smiling at me.

Changsub's POV.

I literally felt happy for them. The happiness inside me was infinite. This is the first time I had seen my sister smile like this in ages.

"This boy is the key to her happiness. At least for now. I don't know what'll happen in the future. But I only hope for JiNa to be happy and nothing else. Hmm, maybe I should bring him over for dinner to meet umma.", I thought to myself.

"Oppa! Can I sleep over tonight? It's getting late and there's no way I can go back to Hongdae now.." JiNa bubbled.

"Pabo! Of course you can! That's your home after all!" I answered with much delight.

"What about-"

"Bring Sungjae along too! I'm sure umma would love to meet him as well. Her potential son-in-law." I winked at her. She pushed my shoulder and cried, "Eh, oppa don't tease me! Hehe."

Not long, the rain had finally stopped. The cafe was cleared and spotless. I hung my apron on the hook and stretched myself as I walked out of the cafe to see Sungjae and JiNa waiting for me in Sungjae's car.

"OPPA! COME QUICK! I WANNA SEE UMMA! WALK FASTER YOU SLOW POKE!" JiNa yelled at me.

"I'm coming, I'm coming...." I panted as I ran lazily to the car.