A whiny baby Tiffany

The Story of Six People

Chirp~ Chirp~ Chirp~

The sound of birds singing could be heard from the window. The whole mansion was wrapped in silence. Snores echoed in each room. Everyone was sleeping soundly except for two people; one was jogging outside the park, and one had to wake up to prepare breakfast.

Tiffany groaned loudly as soon as she heard her alarm go off. She sat up from her bed and sighed. Her body felt a bit numb.

“It's a bit warm," she mumbled as she placed her hand on her forehead. “I don't think I should go under the rain like last night anymore.”

As much as she wanted to lie down again, she couldn't. She had to get breakfast ready before the shikshin got up and whined for her food. With heavy footsteps, Tiffany successfully reached the kitchen. Every step worsened her headache.

“I should take some medicine after this. It's probably just a light headache,” Tiffany mumbled while she cut the vegetables.

The front door opened, and Siwon stepped in. He had finished 20 laps around the park, and now he just needed a refreshing shower. As he entered the kitchen, he saw Tiffany mumbling to herself.

“Good morning," Siwon smiled and greeted the girl brightly like everyday. But the younger girl didn't greet him back and just focused on her pot of food. She seemed to be deep in thought. Siwon frowned after not getting a reply.

“Good morning,” he tried again, but Tiffany still didn't respond; she was too tired to notice that she wasn't the only person awake in the house. Her head was heavy and refused to acknowledge that fact. A light push on her shoulder made her turn around to see Siwon looking at her with a worried expression.

“Good morning, Oppa. When did you get home?” Tiffany asked. She tried to smile although her head was killing her.

“Just a few minutes ago. I greeted you but you didn't reply back,” Siwon answered and came closer to Tiffany. “Are you alright? Your face seems a bit red.”

Siwon placed his palm on the younger girl's cheek. “Are you sick? I told you to call me last night. You shouldn't walk alone under the rain like that,” Siwon said with concern.

He knew that Tiffany wouldn't let anyone know if she was sick or hurt. “Hm, your head is a bit warm. Make sure to drink some medicine,” Siwon mumbled as he placed his forehead against Tiffany's. “Don't over work yourself, ne?” He placed a kiss on her forehead.

The kiss was their special cure. The six of them always did that when someone was hurt. It was their tradition since they were young. One pain will be cured by five kisses. Well, most of them did it, except Yoona and Kyuhyun.

You know, those maknae, they will let their elders kiss them but not the other one. Can you imagine Kyuhyun kiss Yoona without receiving any scratch on his face and vice versa? Even though, the other four made them receive their kisses by force.

“If you're sick, just tell me. We can take a day off for you,” Siwon Tiffany’s cheek lightly as she nodded docilely inside his palms. Even though she nodded, Siwon knew she wouldn't tell him; she doesn’t like to burden people with her problems.

  “AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

A scream from upstairs echoed down to the kitchen and ruined the sweet moment. Siwon and Tiffany quickly turned their heads to the stairs and ran up. They guessed that it was Donghae’s voice.

Before the elders could reach Donghae's room, the door beside it slammed open. Yoona and Kyuhyun ran out from the same room with messy hair and their pajamas. The scream must have ruined their sleep.

“What happened?!!” Yoona shrieked when Tiffany and Siwon reached them.

“I heard someone screaming. Where is the robber?!!” Kyuhyun’s eyes darted from side to side while he held a fake sword from his game.

“Donghae-ah, what happened?!! Open the door!!” Tiffany slammed violently into the door as the boy inside didn't open it.

“Stand aside. Let me handle this.” Siwon ordered. The other three quietly obeyed. He moved backward a few steps before running up and slamming a hard kick into the poor door. The two broken halves laid pitifully on the floor.

“Wow, now I believe that Boa Noona and Siwon Hyung are siblings,” Kyuhyun said in admiration. Yoona nodded. But they snapped back from being in awe when they saw the elders run into the room.

“What happened?!!” They saw Donghae sitting on the floor beside his bed with his hands clutching his blanket to cover his bare chest. Shock was written all over his face.

On Donghae's bed was Jessica who was still sleeping soundly. She wasn’t disturbed by the commotion at all. The four stood dumbfounded. If Jessica wasn't fully dressed, the others might have thought about dirty things.

“Really, Hyung? You woke us up because of this 'thing'?” Kyuhyun exclaimed and pointed to the sleeping beauty. “Come on!! This is not the first time we caught her sleeping on your bed!!”

“Yah!! Kyuhyun!! Where are your manners?!” Yoona shouted and slapped the boy's hand. “She is your Noona!! Don't call her a 'thing'!!”

“Yah!! Are you my wife?!! Why you keep nagging at whatever I do?!!” Kyuhyun turned around and shouted. “Stop nagging!! You sound like an old naggy wife!!”

“Mwo?!! Mworagu?!! (What did you say?!!) Who's your wife again?!!” Yoona shouted as her face reddened. “Yah!! I'm not OLD!! I'm younger than you!!”

The maknaes started their first round of their morning fight. Seriously, a morning wouldn’t be normal without their fights. In their house, there are no peaceful mornings.

Tiffany and Siwon sighed. This was the reason why they had to run upstairs?

“Aigoo, Sica-ah, wake up. How can you sleep in this situation?” Tiffany shook Jessica lightly as the younger girl whined and opened her eyes slowly. “Are you sleep-walking again?”

Jessica yawned and stretched her arms as she sat up. “No, my bed had a cucumber smell so I came here.”

“You should tell Donghae first. You startled him.” Tiffany smiled.

Jessica turned back and saw Donghae sitting on the floor. His face was still frozen in shock. “Donghae? I thought you slept on the bed last night. Why did you end up there?” she asked innocently.

Did she know? He fell off the bed as soon as he saw her face besides him.

Donghae crimsoned in embarrassment as he remembered what had happened.

He was in deep sleep until a light snuggle moved beside him. Not wanting to wake up, Donghae turned around and hugged his Nemo, ready to fall asleep again. But his ‘pillow’ wasn't like his Nemo at all. It had hair and smelled pretty good. It was soft too.

It felt weird but he just shrugged it off and hugged it since he felt really comfortable. The 'pillow' moved again and snuggled closer to him. Its breath kind of tickled his bare chest.

WAIT A MINUTE.

IT BREATHED????!!!!!

Donghae opened his eyes, and he almost passed out when he saw Jessica sleeping in his arms. After a few minutes of being shocked, the boy finally recovered from his frozen state. He screamed while he moved backward, thus falling from the bed.

Before he knew it, his door was in splinters, and the others four ran into his room.

“Donghae-ah, she slept in your room a million times now. And you’re still surprised?” Siwon asked with a smile and patted Donghae's shoulder.

“The second door of this month,” Siwon sighed and picked up the smashed pieces. “I think I have to call the repairman,” He walked out of the room and Jessica and Tiffany followed.

“Kyuhyun!! Yoona!! Do you want to eat or not?!! Stop fighting!!” Tiffany shouted to the maknaes. As soon as they heard about breakfast, they immediately stopped and ran to the kitchen. “My food, I'm coming!!”

The four of them walked out of the room, leaving Donghae still sitting in his state of shock.

“Donghae Oppa~ Mianhae~ (Sorry~)” Jessica said cutely while tilting her head.

‘Why does cute side of her only appear when she asks for help or apologizes?’ Donghae wondered.

----------------------------------------------------

They were on their way to school; the morning commotion had woken everyone up earlier then usual.

“Mianhae~ Oppa~ I didn’t know that I startled you~ Forgive me, ne?” Jessica showed her puppy eyes and blinked. Donghae was screaming 'not fair!!' inside his head. If she did that for one more minute, he didn't know what he would do to her.

“Okay, you've forgiven. Stop apologizing,” Donghae commanded with his calm voice, although he was trying to keep his cool. “Just promise me not to sneak into my bed suddenly like that.”

“Wae~ I can't promise that~ Your bed is warm and comfortable~” Jessica continued to pout.

Donghae turned his head away and screamed silently. “This is TOTALLY unfair!!!!”

“Kyuhyun, why does your bag seem so heavy? What did you put into it? Games?!” Tiffany asked and caught everyone's attention. Kyuhyun pulled his bag over his shoulder, opened it, and showed the contents to the others.

“No, I brought snacks. This one is really good. Do you want some?” Kyuhyun pulled out his snacks one by one, and handed to the others, but Yoona happily took it all.

The other four turned their head to Yoona with an understanding look. Yoona looked up and protested. “What?! Why do you guys look at me like that?! I didn't do anything!!”

Siwon shook his head and sighed. “Yoona, don't influence Kyuhyun. Having one shikshin is enough.”

Suddenly, Yoona tripped over a rock, and her bag opened causing some of her items in it to fall out. Donghae kneeled down and picked them up. After closely examining them, he exclaimed in disbelief, “You've got to be kidding me!!!”

Jessica took the objects from Donghae's hand, frowned, and turned to the younger girl. “Really, Yoona? Games? Since when you become a game addict?”

“Uh... Um... last night...” Yoona stuttered and smiled sheepishly.

“We were kind of having a midnight snack and game marathon last night,” Kyuhyun said and scratched the back of his head.

“So that explains why you two came out from the same room this morning,” Tiffany pointed out.

“I thought only Donghae and Jessica sleep together but you guys are too?” Siwon asked in disbelief. “Aigoo, youths these days.”

“Hyung, you talk like an old man. You are the same age as us too!” Kyuhyun exclaimed while putting his snacks back into his bag with Yoona's help.

“Just ignore him, Kyuhyun,” Donghae suggested and turned around. They continued walking to school.

-----------------------------------------------------

RRRREEEEENNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!

The bell rang, and third period ended.

“My head is aching again. I remembered to take two pain-killers before coming here. Why does it hurt so much?” Tiffany mumbled and rubbed her forehead, trying to endure her pain.

“Eonnie! Let's go to cafeteria. I'm hungry!!” Yoona happily skipped towards Tiffany. Recess time is her heaven. “Bbali~”

Tiffany faked a smile and tried to stand up. Her head was seriously killing her; the scene in front of her was spinning. Her feet couldn't stand straight; she stood up but fell right back into her chair. That scene didn't escape Siwon's eyes.

“Are you alright?” Siwon came closer and asked. “Did you check your temperature this morning? Did you drink medicine?” Tiffany just weakly smiled and nodded. She checked her temperature, and it was 37.9°C so she thought she would be fine.

“Are you sure?” Siwon asked again. She just nodded. “Okay, if you're tired, just tell me, ne?” Tiffany nodded again. She thought, 'Just bear with it a few hours, Tiffany. You don't want them to worry about you right?'

---------------------------------------------------

“Here is the food,” Yoona smiled widely and placed down two trays full of food in front them. They handed out the food and started to eat. Everyone was chatting or fighting during lunch, except two people. Tiffany tried hard to endure her pain while Siwon sat and looked at her with worried eyes.

“Yah! Kyuhyun, stop putting carrots in Yoona's dish!!” Jessica shouted and slapped Kyuhyun's hand as the boy was about to throw carrots to the younger girl.

“But Tiffany Noona, I hate...” Kyuhyun whined but stopped as soon as he realized he addressed the wrong person. “Eh?!”

Tiffany was mother figure in the group and of course, her character was also like one. She always nagged at them if they didn't eat their food, clean their room, or stayed up late. So whenever they heard someone nagging at them, they immediately knew it was Tiffany.

“Jessica Noona? Were you the one who just talked?” Kyuhyun opened his eyes wide because he heard nagging from somebody else, not their so-called Eomma.

“That's odd. Tiffany's always the nagging one,” Donghae put down his spoon and said as the rest turned their head to the mentioned girl.

Tiffany lifted her head up and smiled weakly as she saw everyone looking at her. “Wae? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Eonnie, you seem pale. Are you okay?” Yoona put down her spoon and scooted towards the older girl.

“Omo, you're burning!” Yoona exclaimed loudly as she touched Tiffany's forehead.

“What?” Siwon immediately stood up from his seat and walked to Tiffany. “You have a fever?”

Tiffany just smiled and shrugged. “No, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me.”Although, she said she was fine, her expression told a whole different story.

Her face was getting paler and paler. She started to sweat more and more. Her breathing became uneven. She felt like fainting soon.

“Really, I'm fine. See, I'm fine…” Tiffany was about to stand up but her legs betrayed her as she fell down on the floor.

“Eonnie,” Yoona came to Tiffany and helped her stand up. “You're not well. Let's go home,” the younger girl said to Tiffany in concern, but the elder kept being stubborn.

“Ani! I'm fine. We just have a few more hours. I can bear it.”

Siwon bit his lip. He was at his limit; Tiffany kept saying that she was fine when she really wasn’t, and somehow he felt annoyed. Siwon came to the two girls. He pushed Yoona's arm off of Tiffany before lifting Tiffany up and carrying her like a rice sack on his shoulder.

“O-Oppa, what are you doing? Put me down,” Tiffany yelled from his shoulder as the rest opened stared with their eyes wide open and looked at two elders. They didn't expect Siwon to do that.

Siwon ignored Tiffany's protest and turned to Jessica and Donghae. “Donghae, Jessica, go to the principal’s office and say Tiffany is not well. We will take a day off.” They quickly nodded and ran out of the cafeteria.

“Kyuhyun, Yoona, collect our bags. We are going home.” Siwon pointed with one hand and held on to Tiffany with the other.

“Oppa, I'm fine, put me down, please. Everyone is looking. This is embarrassing,” Tiffany said and covered her red face. She didn't like getting attention like this.

“Fine,” Siwon complied and switched their position. Before Tiffany knew what was happening, she was being carried bridal style by Siwon. “There, you're not embarrassed anymore.”

“No, this is worse!! I liked the previous position more!!” Tiffany shouted as her face reddened. She struggled to get out of Siwon's arms but that only made him tighten his hold.

“Oppa!! Put me down!!”

----------------------------------------------------

“Did Tiffany fall asleep?” Donghae asked while they were on their way back home. Siwon his head back to look at the girl on his back. Because Tiffany whined too much, Siwon had to piggyback her in the end.

“Yeah, I think so,” Siwon replied as he felt the younger girl's even breaths on his neck.

“No wonder I felt that Fany was acting weird this morning. Seriously, this girl always hides it when she's sick,” Jessica said and rubbed Tiffany's back in circles.

“She's afraid that we'll worry,” Kyuhyun replied as he struggled with their bags.

“I remembered she once collapsed because she was too tired,” Yoona said and helped Kyuhyun with the bags.

“That's right. This pabo... (This idiot...)” Jessica hit Tiffany back lightly and made the older girl move in her sleep.

“Oh, we're home,” Donghae quickly ran and unlocked the door. The rest helped Siwon bring Tiffany to her room.

As soon as they stepped in, everyone except Siwon widened their eyes. They couldn't believe it. Pink, pink, pink. Everything was pink. This was the first time they stepped into Tiffany's room.

“Wow, Tiffany Noona really likes pink,” Kyuhyun exclaimed loudly. Nobody could shut their mouths.

“No, not like. She LOVES it,” Donghae corrected.

“I don't know that she was obsessed with pink this much. It's kind of creepy,” Jessica shuddered.

“Siwon Oppa, you knew about this before?” Yoona asked the lad who was laying Tiffany gently down onto her bed.

“Yeah, I knew from when we were 10,” Siwon replied nonchalantly as he pulled up the blanket to cover the younger girl's body. Tiffany moved in her sleep. She opened her eyes and looked at the five people in her room.

“Fany-ah, you're awake?” Siwon inquired while Jessica came closer with the thermometer.

“Fany-ah, let check your temperature, ne?” Jessica said softly. Tiffany nodded. As soon as they took the thermometer back, they all stared at the girl on the bed.

“40°C?!! Tiffany!! Your fever is high!!” Donghae exclaimed. They were expecting some protests from the elder girl, but instead, she started sobbing.

“Are you guys... *sob*... mad... *sob*... at... *sob*... me?” Tiffany cried, leaving the rest dumbfounded. Tiffany looked them with watery eyes while holding the blanket close to her chest.

They swore they saw her growing puppy ears from the sides of her head; she looked so much like a lost puppy. Tiffany continued to sob as the rest wondered, ‘Was the girl in front of them really Tiffany?’. If it were Jessica, they wouldn't feel like this. Tiffany was not the type that cried easily, except when she met bugs or ghosts.

Seeing no one reply to her, Tiffany asked again, “So you're... *sob*... really mad at... *sob*... me?”

Siwon was the first one to recover from shock. He stepped closer to the sobbing girl and rubbed her head. “No, we're not mad at you. Don't worry.”

“Really?” Tiffany opened her larged eyes, blinked, and asked innocently. Omo, is she showing aegyo?

“Really. Don't worry,” Siwon said softly and smiled. Tiffany smiled back like a kid with her half moon eyes. Siwon felt an electric shock go through his body. What was this feeling?

“Just rest, ne? We will be outside if you need something,” Jessica finally spoke up. The rest stood up and were about to go outside, but before Siwon could walk away, Tiffany quickly grabbed his shirt and tugged on it. The lad turned back, and saw Tiffany pouting at him.

“Wonnie~ Where are you going?~ Don't leave me, please~” Tiffany showed her rare puppy eyes while Siwon stiffened in front of her.

'Wonnie?!' the rest exclaimed in their head but in different ways. Jessica and Yoona were squealing while Donghae and Kyuhyun narrowed their eyes in disbelief. The addressed boy just stood there.

What was with this cuteness-overloading?

“Wonnie~ Stay here with me~ Don't go anywhere~” Tiffany whined and swayed her hand childishly, all the while still holding on to his shirt. “Wonnie~ please~”

 

That day, the five members of the group had witnessed one important thing for the first time. Tiffany would turn into a whiny-baby if she has a fever. If you can’t handle her cuteness, you better stay away before you get a heart attack.

---------------------------------------------------

Annyeonghaseyo, Lucia is back. Miss me? No? I'm such a lonely author. *Fake sob* Just kidding.

Hey guys, I want to introduce to you my lovely beta-reader, nerdscandy ^^ She have edited this chapter for me. She is good, isn't she? Let's thank her with big applause for this wonderful chapter. *clap* *clap* Love you so much, Lily-ah <3

I'm thinking about bring more SM artists into this story. What do you think about it? Since I don't have official poster. I will use picture of each character in each chapter. ^^

After checking my ideas for this fic, I think it would last more than 30 chapters, maybe, it could reach 40 chapters. Do you think it too long? Should I shorten it?

I'm sorry for not replying your comments, but from now on, I'll. Mianhae C: Tell me what you think, ne?

Saranghaeyo <3 Kamsahamida ~