The Possible Future

The Story of Six People

 

 

“You can’t go home until you finish it.” Mrs. Kim spoke from the teacher table, palm on the side of her jaw. “You two are the last one.”

 

Two heavy sigh was released. Jessica and Donghae sat on their chair, fidgeting on the seat. “Can we hand in tomorrow?”

 

“Nope. Right now. Give me your paper and you can go home.”

 

They had to write an essay. Future Dream was the title.

 

“You’ve not done yet?” The other four started to be impatient.

 

“Fany-ah, what is your dream?” Jessica suddenly asked the sleepy girl next to her.

 

“Me?” It was quite off-guard. “Um… I have taken interest about sweet and desserts. Maybe, a patissiere?”

 

“What about you?” It’s Yoona’s turn.

 

“A kindergarten teacher, of course.” Yoona pat her chest with a proud face. “No one would be suit for kindergarten teacher than me.”

 

“I will have my own game company.” Kyuhyun claimed.

 

“An athlete or an actor, maybe.” Siwon smiled.

 

“I see,” Donghae sighed. “You all have your decision.”

 

“You can be a comedian.” Kyuhyun laughed. “You just need to show face and you will get a huge sum of money.”

 

“Get out!” A bag was awarded into his face.

----------------------------------------------------------

 

In the end, because the six of them made a big fuss in the classroom, Mrs. Kim chased the four home which finally left some peace for Donghae and Jessica to think.

 

“Hey, what did you write?” Jessica asked. They were on their way home.

 

“I was thinking about dancer or photographer.” Donghae looked at the sky. A plane just flew pass. “What about you?”

 

“Me? I don’t know. I just write down Tiffany’s and Yoona’s dream.” Jessica yawned. “I don’t have any particular.”

 

“I think you just need a job which leave you time to sleep as much as possible.” Donghae joked.

 

Jessica laughed along. “I was thinking like that.”

 

They were too busy talking with each other to notice that there is a shadow approaching them behind.

 

“Hey, kids.” A voice caught their attention. They turned around and found a woman in black standing there. She looked like No-face in Spirited Away but one thing different is she actually had a face.

 

“Yes? You call us?” Donghae pulled Jessica behind. She looked a bit suspicious.

 

“Do you want to see the future?” She asked.

 

“Ne?” They frowned

 

“I will let you see the future but only in two hours. Do not do any thing has deeply involve in the future because it will have affect on the history.”

 

“What?” The confusion showed more on their face.

 

“Grab tightly on this star and run pass that train station over there.” She pointed to the station which had been left forgotten for long. “You will know what your future jobs are.” She gave them the star.

 

“Hey, this is children’s toy.” Donghae looked at the stuffy yellow star in his hand. “You say if we do that, we can see our future—Eh? Where did she do?”

 

The street in front of them is empty, like no one had been there.

 

“Ahjumma?”

 

Jessica tugged on the back of his shirt. “Yah, do you think she is a ghost?” Face was pale.

 

“I don’t know either.” Donghae felt shiver running through his body. “Do you wanna try?” He asked, hand holding on the star.

 

“Do you think she tricks us?” She asked back.

 

Donghae looked at the left-over station and shrugged. “Only one way to find out.” 

 

Donghae grabbed on Jessica’s hand and used all their strength to run.

-------------------------------------------------

 

A wall appeared and as expected, they bumped into.

 

“What the…? Why is there a wall here?” Donghae tried to stand up.

 

“Girls’ Generation Kindergarten?” Jessica rubbed her head as she read out loud.

 

“Interesting choice of name~” Donghae made a funny face. “Who would come up with that?”

 

“Yoona sesaeng-nim, look at what I cook!” A kid voice came out from the house.

 

“Did I just hear Yoona sesaeng-nim?” Jessica asked.

 

“Oh God, let’s sneak in.” Donghae opened the gate as they quickly hid behind the bush.

 

“Yoona sesaeng-nim, here you go. It’s my new cake.” A small girl ran with her chubby feet, handing Yoona a sand cake.

 

“Woa, it looks so delicious.” Yoona was fake-eating. She was wearing a hoodie, hair tied into a bun. Face had become prettier and more mature but his baby feature hadn’t faded yet.

 

‘“OMG! OMG! Is that Yoona?! So cute! %$$^&TIE%$IOTR%%” Jessica almost shouted but Donghae shut her up in time. “Ssh! Do you want to announce people that we’re here?”

 

“Is that Yoona?” They changed to whisper mode. “I’m not sure—” Donghae hadn’t finished his line when worried shout came from the yard. “Omo, Yoona sesaeng-nim, are you ok?” Yoona just tripped.

 

“—Yep, it’s her.”

 

“Sesaeng-nim, are you ok? You should keep your beautiful face unhurt.” A little tried to help Yoona up.

 

“Aww~ Thanks, Siwan. You’re so much like your father.”

 

“Is it just me or that polite way of talking is sooo much familiar?” Jessica frowned.

 

“Do you think he looks like Siwon Hyung?” Donghae used the binoculars to zoom in the boy’s face. “Especially that dimples.”

 

“Yah! Where did you get that?”

 

“Yoona sesaeng-nim, do you have a boyfriend?” This time another little girl running to her.

 

“Yah! Ye Eun, you shouldn’t ask that!” The boy said.

 

“Wae?~ I’m just curious. Mommy said sesaeng-nim had a boyfriend so I’m just asking.”

 

“But daddy said it’s impolite.”

 

“Are they siblings?” Jessica asked. “I have an extremely strange feeling. That girl looks like Tiffany.”

 

“Guys, guys, don’t fighting.” Yoona smiled and pat their heads. “Of course, I have a boyfriend.”

 

“Oh My God!” A voice shouted from the bush, startled the three.

 

“Yah! Have you gone mad?!” Donghae whispered-shouting while covering Jessica’s mouth. “Stop that!”

 

“But, Yoona has a boyfriend!”

 

“Oh, I know.” The little girl’s voice started again. “Is that Kyuhyun ahjusshi?”

 

Donghae’s and Jessica’s eyes popped open wide. Jaws were about to fall.

                                         

“Kyuhyun ahjusshi is cool.” The boy approved.

 

“What about me?” Speaking of the devil.

 

Donghae had to cover Jessica’s mouth tighter, preventing her from getting any excited.

 

“Kyuhyun ahjusshi!” They ran toward Kyuhyun and hugged his legs. “Did you bring?” They looked up with puppy eyes.

 

“Here,” Kyuhyun threw two video games to them.

 

“Omo, thank you very much!”

 

“You’re spoiling them,” Yoona looked at him in disapproval.

 

“Kyuhyun seems not to change much.” Jessica whispered.

 

“Yeah, because he has an old man face.” Donghae snorted.

 

“Did you just eat?” Kyuhyun held Yoona side jaw, sweeping away chocolate crushes on her face. Although it was nothing, from Donghae and Jessica’s angle, their faces were closed to each other and it looked like they were kissing.

 

“Sorry,” Yoona grinned shyly. “I was hungry.”

 

“Figure.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes when he turned to the kids who were covering their eyes, sometimes trying to peep through their little fingers.

 

“Sorry to disappoint twins,” Kyuhyun flicked their foreheads and grinned. “We’re not your parents. Let’s go home.”

 

They pouted, picking up their backpacks.

 

Behind the bush, Donghae and Jessica still didn’t dare to move. Too shock to recover after witnessing the scene.

 

“I have chill running down my spine.” Donghae shivered.

 

“Me too.” Jessica nodded. “Who would have thought the maknaes will…”

--------------------------------------------------

 

“Mommy!” The twins running toward as soon as they saw a woman standing in front of a coffee shop, sweeping.

 

“Wow, Tiffany owns a coffee shop.” Donghae stared at the building in awe. “I saw this name on the way here. It seems like there are a lot of branches around.”

 

“Hi, sweetheart, how was your day?” Tiffany smiled, knelled down and hugged the little ones. “Did you listen to sesaeng-nim?”

 

“Of course!” Siwan nodded vigorously. “Is daddy home?”

 

“No, he is not.” She smiled while rubbing his head. “But he will be here soon. Come in. I prepared snack.”

 

“Yay, snack time!” Four of them shouted in excitement, both children and adults.

 

Jessica and Donghae were hiding behind the tree. When Tiffany announced snack time, Donghae almost instinctively ran toward them if Jessica hadn’t stopped him.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?” Jessica grabbed the back of his shirt. “Why? Tiffany said it was snack time.”

 

“Not for you in this world.” She knocked him on the head.

 

They didn’t notice that Tiffany saw them from afar. “They looked familiar…”

--------------------------------------------------

Ring~ Ring~

 

The door opened. A tall man with sunglasses and a black cap stepped in.

 

“Daddy!” The twins ran toward the big figure.

 

Jessica and Donghae were sitting at the corner, hiding their faces in big masks and sunglasses. “It’s real! It’s their kids! Siwon and Tiffany have twins!”

 

Donghae felt his head about to explode. “My brain consumes too much information today. I need a rest.”

 

“Hello, kids.” Siwon kissed them on both cheeks before walking toward Tiffany. “Darling, I’m home.” With the same peck on the cheeks.

 

“Welcome home.” Tiffany smiled while pouring a cup of water for him. “Are you tired?”

 

“Daddy, today my friends said you were cool!” Ye Eun exclaimed. “They watched yesterday drama and were very jealous of us! They want to have a handsome dad like you too!” She said with a proud tone while Siwan nodded along.

 

 “Aww~ They aren’t jealous when you have an uncle owning a game company.” Kyuhyun teased the kids. “I give you many games. And you didn’t even think of me.” He faked pouting.

 

“Aniyo! Aniyo! They are jealous too!”

 

“Don’t tease my kids.” Siwon hit Kyuhyun’s head jokingly. “Where is Donghae?”

 

“He just came back from America. This morning, when I called him, he said he will pick Jessica Eonnie up from the airport then come here.” Yoona paused and looked at the clock. “He will be here in a few minutes.”

 

As a cue, the door opened, revealed two people bickering at each other.

 

“I told you my plane landing at 3 P.M. and you’re late for 2 hours? Where have you been? I thought I was going to die at the airport!”

 

“I’m sorry, ok? It’s not my fault when there is traffic jam on the road.”

 

“There is no traffic jam than lasted for 2 hours! Spit it out, who did you go with? Is it that woman flirting with you every time you go the park, isn’t it?”

 

“Goodness, ok, I over-slept.”

 

“Yah! I told you to wake up early, didn’t I?!”

 

Jessica and Donghae sat there, staring at the future!Jessica and future!Donghae, wondering what kind of relationship they had.

 

“Hi, guys,” Jessica walked gorgeously into the shop, with Donghae carrying a big bag behind.

 

“Yo Hyung, I read this morning newspaper. Congratulation on winning the first prize!” Kyuhyun called out the older man. “I would’ve never thought you would be talented in photography.”

 

“Should I take this as a compliment or contemn?” Donghae put down his precious camera bag.

 

“How was your Paris fashion show, designer?” Tiffany smiled as she handed Jessica a piece of cheese cake.

 

“Horrible.” She stuffed the cake into while saying, unlike her elegant image on fashion magazine at all. “The models were unprofessional. We have a problem about clothes transportation and there are few technical errors during the show. Luckily, no one realized but still, it’s horrible.” She stopped to gulp down the cake. “This cheese cake is always brilliant. There’s nowhere as good as yours. Pack me a dozen after this.”

 

“You’re going to get fat.” Donghae said from his coffee.

 

“Not your business!”

 

No one noticed there were two people at the back listening to everything they said.

 

“A photographer, huh?” Donghae whispered out loud.

 

“They said that you’re talented. Wanna give a try?” Jessica smiled.

 

“What about you, eh? Fashion designer, no?”

 

“Of course.” Jessica flicked her hair back. “I know I’m always good with style.”

 

A knock on the glass caught their attention. As soon as they turned back, the woman in black was there. “Two hours is up. Come on, guys.”

 

“Already? Can we watch a little more?” Jessica felt reluctant to leave somehow.

 

“Sorry. Two hours is two hours. Let’s get out of here.”

 

No matter how big their unwillingness was, they still have to leave. Little did they know, if they stay back a little bit, they would hear something much more interesting.

 

“Hey, when will you guys announce your engagement?” Siwon sipped his coffee, asking the two. “I think the reporters would be dying to know it.”

 

Donghae looked at Jessica and smiled. “Well, since you guys are special. Here it is.” He handed them cards.

 

“Wedding invitation? Seriously?” Kyuhyun exclaimed. “That was fast.”

 

“Well, we need to welcome friend for Siwan and Ye Eun, no?” Jessica smiled shyly.

 

“Aigoo, more jobs for me then.” Yoona sighed at the table. “You’d better pay me well.”

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Remember your future might not look like what you just see. It depends on you; whatever you do would have affect on it.

That was the woman’s last words before she disappeared.

 

“Hey, where have you been? Tiffany Noona was worried so she told us to find you.” Kyuhyun shouted as soon as they reached home. Yoona was behind him, putting on her shoes. If they didn’t arrive in minute, they would leave to search for them.

 

Donghae stared at Kyuhyun for a few moments before smacking his head.

 

“Yah! What’s that for?!” The younger boy was angry.

 

“That’s for telling me to be a comedian!”

 

While Jessica pulled Yoona and whispered the girl. “Don’t worry, Yoona. What you wish will come true soon.” And left her with a big question mark on her face.

 

About Tiffany and Siwon, when the two see them, they couldn’t hold back their grin, a very wicked one.

 

“Fany-ah, I like the name Ye Eun.” Jessica grinned at the clueless girl while Donghae pat Siwon’s shoulders. “Way to go, Hyung. Who thought it would be a twin.”

 

That night, the other four couldn’t figure out why these two had such a stupid smile on their faces like that.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi~ Lucia is texting.

This is an overdue thank-you gift for kielaa . I passed the course well :) Sorry for the late. I would never thought school be such a Cruella De Vil on me like that. I’m so glad that I’m able to find my inspiration or else I was thinking of quitting ;A; because my sense of humor is leaving me ;A;

Anyways, sorry for the late /bows

P.s: I’m sorry for the grammar and spelling. It has been long since I last wrote.

Enjoy reading~