[New Year Special] Quotes

The Story of Six People

“You know that place between sleep and awake; that place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I will always love you. That’s where I will always be waiting.” – Peter Pan.

 

They swore, before falling asleep, they ate very normal food, did very normal thing and lied on their bed in a very normal position.

 

But, why the heck they travelled here?

 

“Where are we?”

 

Surrounded them was whiteness. Seriously, a complete whiteness. There was no a single spot or even a small dot. It was empty and white.

 

The door a head them was the only thing in this horizon.

 

Usually, when they got into this situation, the six would probably figure something out and help each other. But, now, they weren’t in the mood.

 

They had a quite big fight today, for some reason…

 

Siwon and Donghae got into an argument because Donghae felt that Siwon was too bossy and never let him decide anything. Jessica ignored Yoona because the younger girl used her thing and got lost. Kyuhyun was angry at Tiffany because she accidental collected his favorite games and took to the garbage dump.

 

They hadn’t spoken to each other any single words for the rest of the day and just gone to bed. Before sleeping; anger, dissatisfaction, frustration, annoyance, guilt, regret were mixing together.

 

When they woke up, here they were.

.

.

 

The six approached the door and there was a sign on it.

 

Think carefully before doing because you can’t rewind the time.

 

Sure, if the time could be rewind, there would be nothing like them were now.

---------------------------------------------------------

First door opened.

 

 A scene appeared and they could see the six-year-old Donghae fighting in the school yard.

.

.

 

“Yah! Hit him more!” Kids always tent to bully the one who was weaker than them to prove their power. Unfortunately, Donghae was one of the victims. He had been a weak boy since he was young.

 

“Who do you say weak?! I’m not weak!” However, he had always been a stubborn one as well.

 

Donghae had bruises and scratches all over his body for fighting back when he looked to the right, the boy could see there was Jessica staring at him since the beginning.

 

His face was pushed down and stepped on by one of the boys there. “Ha! Now, who is the weak one?!”

 

It was embarrassing. Although in adults’ eyes, it was just a child’s play, at least for Donghae, it was. It was embarrassing for being watched beaten in front of his crush like that.

 

Donghae pushed the other and ran away. On his way, he bumped into Siwon.

 

“Donghae, what happened? Who did this to you?!” Siwon grabbed his shoulders and asked but the younger boy just pushed him off. “Why do you care?! You wouldn’t understand anyway!”

 

Donghae was really jealous of Siwon. Even though they were at the same age, Siwon always looked more mature than him and stronger too.

 

Donghae locked his door and sobbed inside.

 

“Donghae-ah, Donghae-ah, open the door and tell me what happened?” Siwon’s voice sounded extremely worried.

 

“Go away!”

 

“Open the door for me quickly!”

 

“I said go away! Why are you so annoying?!”

 

The knocking stopped. Siwon had left.

 

Donghae continued sobbing on his bed and fell asleep since when he didn’t know. But he remembered waking up with swollen eyes and extremely surprised when he saw Jessica was sitting in the living, eating his afternoon snack.

.

.

 

“Oh, you’re awake?” Jessica said while mumbling on the cookies. “Come here and have a bite.”

 

Donghae sat on the chair hesitatedly. He glanced at the girl opposite him. “… Don’t… you think I’m weak?”

 

“What?” Jessica asked with her mouthful.

 

“… You know… this morning…”

 

“Oh, that.” Jessica said, hand took another cookie. “Yeah, you’re weak.”

 

Donghae pouted. Is she here to laugh at him?

 

“But I don’t like bully.” Jessica continued. “At least, you had fought back. So it’s ok. It’s not your fault for being weak.”

 

Donghae finally found his smile. Jessica was not a sweet-taker but she was definitely not a liar. Every thing came out from usually the truth.

 

“When I grow up, I will be stronger and I will protect you.”

 

“That’s not gonna happen…”

 

“Wae~~”

 

Ding Dong! A bell rang, interrupting their snack.

 

As soon as the door opened, a small figure ran into the house. Siwon appeared in front of them with bruises. There was some blood at the corner of his mouth.

 

“Hyung,” Donghae couldn’t close his mouth. “What did you do?”

 

“Nothing. I just paid back to them what they should receive.” Siwon wiped the blood off his mouth. “They hurt you.”

 

“You went to revenge for me?” Donghae felt a bang of guilt in his heart when he remembered his words a few hours before.

 

“Wae? I’m your Hyung, no?” Siwon sat on the chair poured himself a cup of water. “That’s what a Hyung supposed to do.”

 

“Hyung,” He launched toward Siwon making both of them end up on the floor. “I’m sorry.”

 

Siwon rubbed his head. “Don’t worry. Next time if there is anyone hurt you, tell me. I will go and beat them up.”

.

.

 

Donghae almost forgot. It was because of him that Siwon took the responsibility of protecting him. He almost forgot he was the reason. Although he and Kyuhyun were both considered as Siwon’s younger brothers, he needed more protection than Kyuhyun since the youngest always managed to take care well of himself.

 

“Let your conscience be your guide.” – Pinocchio

 

Donghae was a sincere boy. He lived truthfully with everyone. Sometimes he could gone silly but most of the time, he was a good one because he lived with his heart. Let everything out, no worry for a thing.

 

It was complete opposite for Siwon, he was like Simba in Lion King. Brave and Responsible. But, to be a King, it was stressful. There were many emotions they had to suppress. He couldn’t do anything without thinking before. He always acted carefully which made him a strict personality.

 

But together, they backed each other up well.

------------------------------------------------------

 

The second door opened.

 

There were two little girls playing together.

.

.

 

“Yoona-ah, can I borrow your teddy bear?” Jessica picked up Yoona’s favorite stuffed toy. She always carried this beside her even when she slept, ate or played.

 

“You can’t. This is very important to me.” Yoona snatched the teddy back. “Here. You can take anything you want.” She put her toy box in front of Jessica.

 

“But I like this better.” Jessica grabbed on the bear leg.

 

“No, you can’t!” Yoona pulled it back. “It’s mine.”

 

“I just borrow it a little bit. Why are you so stingy?!” Another pull.

 

“Let it go!” Grabbed it back.

 

RIP~

 

A painful sound prolonged in the air. As soon as they realized, they had half of the stuffed toy each one.

 

“I’m so—” Jessica was about to apologize but she was caught off guard when seeing Yoona tear up.

 

The younger girl ran off without turning back. She even left her precious bear behind.

 

Jessica was dumbfounded. This was the first time she saw Yoona cry like that. The youngest girl had always been happy-go-lucky. She didn’t ask much for anything, well, except for food. If anyone gave her anything, she would gladly receive and be content with it.

 

But now, to make Yoona tear up like that, Jessica knew she was in a big trouble.

.

.

 

The day after, Yoona didn’t go to school. The day after that, she didn’t go either, which made the other four worry.

 

“Noona,” Jessica was about to visit Yoona’s house when someone called her.

 

It was Kyuhyun.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked.

 

“Yoona’s house. Wanna go?” She replied.

 

Kyuhyun tilted his head, thinking for a while before nodding. And the two kids headed to their maknae’s house.

 

“Good morning, Auntie. Is Yoona home?” Jessica smiled when she saw Yoona’s mother open the door.

 

“Oh, Good morning, dears. You’re here for Yoona?” The older woman smiled back. “Yoona had been hiding in her room for two days already. She didn’t want to go out or go to school no matter how hard I convince her.” She looked upstairs, face was worried. “She just lost her teddy bear. It was from her grandma.”

 

“Her grandma?”

 

“Yes, her grandma just passed away last year. Yoona was the closest to her so she was very sad. The teddy bear was the last thing that her grandma made for her.”

 

Ok, guilty much. Jessica felt something weight heavily on her heart. What to do? She just destroyed Yoona’s most precious treasure.

.

.

Yoona was pouting inside her room. Although she was sad, it had been two days so the sadness wasn’t overwhelming anymore.

 

A loud noise was coming from outside. Kyuhyun practically slammed the door open. There was a big camping-bag on his back.

 

“Hey, let’s play.” Still holding the door knob, Kyuhyun said, voice like a tyrant. No one was allowed to refuse him.

 

“What?” Yoona sat up on the bed, watching the boy open her closet to find something.

 

“Come here and play.” Kyuhyun plugged in the play controls and handed her one. “This is my favorite game.”

 

Yoona glanced at the bag. After Kyuhyun took out the game, he left it open and some of the contents fell out. It was all video games, Kyuhyun’s favorite ones which he would never lend it to Donghae.

 

“Hurry up! Your character will be K.O if you don’t play immediately!”

 

That afternoon, the two kids spending their time playing video games, from this one to another.

 

And when Kyuhyun went home, he left all of it behind.

 

“Hey, your games are still here.” Yoona called after at the door.

 

“I leave it there! Play as much as you want!” Kyuhyun shouted back. “Remember not to break it! If there is any games of mine broken, consider yourself unlucky!” With a threat at the end.

 

After Kyuhyun disappeared at the end of the corner, there was an unexpected person visit Yoona.

 

“Jessica Eonnie?” The older girl stood there with her hand on her back, fidgeting.

 

“I’m sorry… I heard it.” She said. “It was from your grandma, isn’t it? It was my fault.”

 

“Here…” She gave to the younger girl, Yoona’s very own teddy bear. “I do it myself.”

 

It was messily sewed back. The leg was hung awkwardly at the side but it was an excellent job for someone who didn’t like doing housework like Jessica.

 

“Actually, I didn’t do it myself… I asked Tiffany since she is good with this. But I swear, I only followed Tiffany’s instruction and did it by myself. So~”

 

“Forgive me?”

 

Yoona had never seen Jessica like that. She didn’t often lower herself in front of anyone. Duh, hello, the Ice Princess is here.

 

 Yoona reached out her hand and accepted the teddy bear. The cotton inside it could fall out anytime. “Thanks.”

 

Jessica’s face lit up.

 

“I like it very much.” Yoona smiled.

.

.

 

“They say if you dream a thing more than once, it’s sure to come true.” – Sleeping Beauty.

 

Sleeping Beauty had waited for her whole lifetime for one thing. But Jessica wasn’t the type who waited. Every time she closed her eyes, the image of Yoona crying kept eating her inside. She was not a princess from fairytales. She didn’t wait. She made decision on her own.

 

In Jessica’s dream, she always saw Yoona with her bright smile not with tears and she disliked seeing tears on the younger face.

 

Jessica had promised to herself, to keep that smile always on Yoona’s face but she just broke it today. Yoona was always a carefree one. It was just a mere mistake she made every single day.

 

If Jessica was Sleeping Beauty then Yoona would be Snow White. An extremely optimistic girl. She didn’t need anything, she only need happiness and so is Jessica.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

The third door opened.

 

Appeared a playground with six of them.

.

.

 

“Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf~ Big bad wolf~ Big bad wolf~”

 

They were playing. Kyuhyun was chosen as the wolf and blindfolded and the other ran around him. The boy’s job was to catch someone so that they would replace his place.

 

As always, the clumsy Tiffany was caught. Kyuhyun loosened his blindfold and as soon as he saw the older girl, he always made an awkward face.

 

Out of six, Tiffany and Kyuhyun were the ones who felt not uncomfortable to each other. It was not that they hated or something. They just felt awkward… that’s all.

 

Sometimes, Tiffany wished he could open himself to her more. If only there was a chance.

 

And the sky granted her wish.

.

.

Tiffany was humming on the way to her house. Today, her mother would make a strawberry cake so she was very happy now.

 

There was a growl in the desolate house at the end of the road.

 

Tiffany stopped immediately. She was always scared of ghost. She and Jessica, two scaredy-cats of the group.

 

“Hold on. Hold on.” Tiffany was about to ran away when a voice sounded and made she run to the opposite direction, the empty house.

 

It was Kyuhyun’s voice.

 

Tiffany was worried Kyuhyun being captured by the ghost.

 

“Kyuhyun, are you ok?!”

 

Kyuhyun was stunned. He didn’t expect someone would find him in here.

 

“Eh?” Tiffany made a face when she saw the street dog next to him.

 

The awkwardness kept going on~

.

.

 

“This is the dog I found last week. There is a collar but I can’t found who the owner is.” Kyuhyun sat as he watched the animal eat the food he brought.

 

“How did you find the owner?” Tiffany had her face on her knees, leg folding in front of her chest.

 

“I ask.”

 

“Who?”

 

“The houses nearby…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

No wonder he couldn’t find.

 

“How about setting up poster?” Tiffany suggested. “I will help you. We will need about twenty posters.”

 

“How can we make a poster?” Kyuhyun asked with hope twinkling in his eyes.

 

“Draw maybe.”

 

“But how can we draw that many posters?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

Ok, it was quite exhausted for two little kids.

 

“Don’t worry. Leave it to me. I will do it.” Tiffany stood up and said enthusiastically. “I will do it because I’m your Noona!”

 

“Goodbye. See you tomorrow.” Tiffany ran off without letting the boy say anything.

 

Is she serious?

.

.

 

The day after, Tiffany slept in the lesson and the teacher was extremely mad at her. She got scolded in the office for about half of hour. The girl had stayed awake last night to draw posters. So far, she had got six.

 

Tiffany pouted as she was walking outside.

 

“Mind telling me what happened?” Siwon leaned on the wall opposite the door, waiting for the girl to come out. It was unusual for Tiffany to sleep in the class like that. It must be something important.

 

“Nothing happened!” Tiffany almost shouted. She didn’t want her plan with Kyuhyun to be discovered. “Really, nothing happened!”

 

“Your voice gets high.” Siwon raised an eye brow, looking unconvinced. “You always raise your voice when you lie.”

 

“Did I?” Tiffany looked down. Try to lower her tone.

 

“And you don’t look at me when you lie.”

 

Tiffany tried to glance at Siwon. Whenever she looked up, she suddenly felt startled and looked down but still put effort to open her eyes wide, looking at the older boy.

 

With that, she looked like a frog.

 

Siwon sighed. “Ok, I will believe you this time.” He patted her head. “Let’s go. It’s lunch.”

.

.

 

Tiffany was running. She just finished twenty posters and she was eager to show it to Kyuhyun.

 

There was a rock on the road which Tiffany didn’t see. As a result, she fell down and the wind had blown away most of her poster. “Noooooo!”

 

Tiffany wanted to cry right now. She sat on the ground sobbing while collecting what was left.

 

“I know it.” A pair of shoes appeared in front of her eyes. “You are up to something.”

 

“Oppa… the wind…” Tiffany whined with her tearful eyes. “My posters…”

 

“It was your fault, no? You tripped.” Siwon sighed as he sat down to Tiffany’s level.

 

“But… but…” Tiffany cried. “My posters…”

 

“Stop crying. Your nose is running. Look.” He used the handkerchief and wiped Tiffany’s face. “Come, I will show you the magic.” He tried to pull the girl up.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Uh?”

 

“I can’t walk…” Her knees were bleeding.

 

In the end, Siwon had to piggyback her. And the magic Siwon talking about was the printer. Tiffany’s eyes shone brightly when she saw the paper looked exactly like her poster coming out from the machine.

 

“Oppa, you know magic?” Tiffany looked at the poster-lookalike while Siwon carried her on his back. “This is awesome. If I know this, I would have asked you.”

 

“There, I told you.” Siwon said. They were walking toward the empty house. “Tell me in the beginning.”

 

“Ne, next time, I will tell you everything.” Tiffany nodded cutely and used her aegyo voice. “No more secrets from now on!”

 

“You promise?”

 

“I promise!”

 

When they reached the desolate house, Kyuhyun was already there, waiting. The youngest was startled when he saw them. “Hyung, Noona, what happened?!”

 

“Nothing, just Tiffany tripped.” Siwon put Tiffany down and said.

 

“Noona, are you ok?”

 

“Of course I am. It’s just a bit hurt though.” Tiffany smiled and Siwon snorted behind. Who was the one crying how hurt it was? Yep, definitely not him. “Here are the posters.”

 

“Are you sure you can go?” Kyuhyun received the poster but still worried. “Your legs don’t look ok at all.”

 

“Don’t worry,” Siwon said. “She can’t go but they can.” He pointed to the behind. “Come out guys, I know you followed us.”

 

“See! I told you we shouldn’t buy ice-cream on the way! He discovered!”

 

“Hey, hey, it’s not my fault. Yoona wants it!”

 

“If you don’t let me eat, my stomach will growl and he will know anyway.”

 

Three little figures came out from the wall, bickering.

.

.

 

They spent an afternoon to put up those posters, well, mostly with Jessica’s I’m tired. I’m not gonna go anymore, with Yoona’s Is lunch ready yet?, with Donghae’s Neeemmmoooo~ every time they went to pet shop. But, despite all of it, they managed to do the job well.

 

Two day after, the owner appeared and took the dog with her. Kyuhyun was reluctant to let go although it was his idea to look for the owner.

 

He was the one who spent the most with the puppy and he had grown closer to it a lot.

 

“Thanks for taking care of my Ken.” She bid them goodbye. “Thank you very much.”

 

“Bye-bye!” She was kindly inviting the six of them to the restaurant to express her gratitude. So the others were very satisfied when she left.

 

“Bye-bye, Ken.” Kyuhyun put on a sad smile. “See you around.” He hugged the dog, rubbed its head and got a friendly in return.

 

“Are you crying?” Tiffany looked at Kyuhyun’s teary eyes when they were going home. The others’ houses were closer than them so there were only two of them on the road.

 

“Aniyo… why would I cry?” Kyuhyun said but the tears betrayed him by falling down. “I’m… just… sweating through my eyes!”

 

“Ok,” Tiffany smiled but it looked so unconvinced. “I won’t tell anyone.”

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Tiffany before mumbling. “Noona… thank you.”

 

“No problem, Kyuhyunnie~” She smiled with her half moons.

 

“Please, don’t call me by that name.”

 

“Wae~ It’s cute!”

.

.

 

“You want something done. You’ve got to do it yourself.” – Little Mermaid.

 

Tiffany did it. She got closer to Kyuhyun with her effort. Tiffany was like Ariel in many aspects. She was stubborn. She was determined and she would do anything to archive what she wanted. Her emotion expressed clearly on her face when she was mad, sad or happy.

 

While Kyuhyun had Peter Pan’s character. He was sneaky. He was carefree and he was emotional but he was not good at showing feeling. All children grow up, except one. Kyuhyun couldn’t get out of the shell and opened more to outside. Deep down inside, he loved all of the other five. He just didn’t know how to show it.

 

Tiffany had succeeded of pulling Kyuhyun out. Like in the quotes, Kyuhyun-ah~ “So come with me, where dreams are born and time is never planned. Just think of happy thing and your heart will fly on wings forever in Never Never Land.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

At the last door, there was a sentence.

 

“Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Lion King.

 

Today was the last day before New Year. They were regret for having fought because of some silly mistakes. But it was also a memory, along with other beautiful memories. They were not a quitter. They were not cowards.

 

They were never going back. The past is in the past. Left everything bad behind in the old year and started with the New Year.

 

“I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” – The Incredibles.

 

Oh, by the way, remind them to apologize when they woke up in real life, ne?

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi~ Lucia is texting~

Ugh, brain freeze! OTL This chapter costs me so much strength and time. My heart almost stopped when my laptop suddenly not working while I hadn’t saved anything. Thank goodness, I didn’t lose it.

I swear I had many different versions of this chap but this is the only one completed /cries/ My fairy tales crossover prompt /cries/

*throw confetti* HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! *throw confetti*

Happy New Year! ^^ What is your resolution this year? Mine is I can eat KFC all year without getting fat. Not gonna happen =.=

Hope you will still support me in the next year! Goodbye \o/