Part-time Jobs

The Story of Six People

“What?! What did you say?! They cut off our money?!”

A cry echoed the classroom.

 

“Yeah, I was checking and found out that all of our bank accounts are frozen.” Tiffany said, one hand in front of the chest, the other held six credit cards, waving in the air.

 

“I just received a call from my parents. They said that because we were late again so they won’t give us this month’s living expense and it looks like we have to make it ourselves.” Siwon came into the classroom and said.

 

“So… so… you said that, we have to work?” Donghae stuttered, staring in disbelief at the two eldest. “Can money just fall from the sky?”

 

“Seriously, Donghae, you should quit watch your ridiculous sci-fic movies and fairy tales.” Siwon frowned.

 

“Umm… guys, I think the maknaes lost their souls.” Jessica waved to catch attention. “They have been sitting like statues since Fany announced the big news.”

 

The maknaes were frozen at the state when they were eyes-open wide, jaw-slacking and both hands on their cheeks. They looked like the twin Scream pictures and just needed a light wind to cast them away.

 

(Scream picture xD A lot of people use this mask for Halloween)

 

“…” The four stared at them for a moment before ignoring them completely and turning back to the conversation.

 

“I think there are some part-time jobs introduction at the supervisor’s room. I saw Mrs. Kim stick them up on the bullet board this morning when we had a detention.” Tiffany offered.

 

The three stared at her. “What? I was bored so I read it. Excuse you!”

 

“It’s not a bad idea though. Let’s go there.” Siwon sighed.

 

“Great… working… it and I never get along well…” Donghae winced.

 

Jessica snorted. “Yeah, you just get along with those crap movies and games in your room.”

 

“Hey! Don’t offend it. Those are good ones. Kyuhyun just lent me yesterday!”

 

“What about these two?” Jessica poked Kyuhyun’s side. “They’re not moving.”

 

“Pack them with some burlap sack then sell them to the museum? Their faces made a masterpiece and it can be a lot of money.” Donghae frowned and thought. “My God, I’m a genius! I just thought of a way to save our living!” He shouted when his own words actually sank in.

 

Not bad idea. The other three mumbled in his mind. But when they thought of the scenario when Kyuhyun and Yoona being exhibit with a huge sign of newly-discovered: the twin Scream people for people to take picture of and with and later, when they woke up in a strange place, or worse, in a expensive museum, their curiosity rose up as the next morning newspapers’ top headline will be ‘Museum disappeared over night with no evidence'.

 

So~

Yeah.

No can do.

 

“Let’s find a way to drag them to the supervisor’s room, shall we?” Siwon sighed. “Because from what I see, they’re not gonna be conscious back in any time.”

 

“I have a dog chain.” Tiffany said.

 

They stared at her again. “What? I took my dogs out for walk yesterday and forgot to take it out. Stop staring at me like that!”

 

“Do we just put those on them and drag them away?” Donghae asked. “It might be hurt if they hit something on the way.”

 

“I have sleeping bags.” Jessica offered.

 

The two guys stared at her. “Seriously, your girls should bring something really necessary for you. Not those random things.”

 

“Hey! These are necessary for me when I need my beauty sleep!”

 

“Let me guess. Your beauty sleep occurs around ten times per day?” Donghae snickered.

 

“… maybe…”

 

“Hey! Are you going to pack them up or not?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What about the supermarket?” Tiffany offered.

“Too crowded. I will be exhausted.” Jessica declined.

“The gym?” Siwon asked.

“Hell no! With those smell? I’d rather die!” Donghae strongly protested.

 

They walked on the hallway, discussing about part-time jobs – ignoring all the weird stares thrown at them which meant ‘Oh God, those people gonna get part-time jobs? Bless whichever shop they will work in.’ or ‘What the heck are they pulling along? I see something budge. Are there some corpses inside or something?’

 

Despite all those thought and mumble and whispers and pointing, the four walked from the principal office to the classroom to the campus to the garden, pulling the poor maknaes in the bag who they didn’t even give a single mind…

 

“WATCH OUT!”

Until a shout brought them back.

 

There are a shout of some heavy metals things collided each other and fell out with a loud thud. They looked up and found their new neighbor-friends standing on the stairs with the pose like they were trying to catch something.

 

And on the floor, laying a yellow-haired boy on the top of their maknaes.

 

“We’re so sorry!” Yunho clapped his hand together and apologized. “Junsu passed out so fast that we couldn’t react.”

 

“God, Junsu, are you ok?” Jaejoong hurriedly lifted the boy up.

 

“Yep. Totally. Because he is sleeping so well.” Changmin laughed before receiving a smack on the head by Jaejoong.

 

“Hey, mind you!” He shouted to the elder.

 

“Nice bag.” Yoochun complimented. “We should buy one someday.”

 

“See!” Jessica pointed. “I told you my bag is necessary!”

 

“What the hell just hit me?!” Kyuhyun flared up and kicked the bag of him, shaking Yoona who was next to him. “Yah! Wake up! Kyuhyun’s emergency red code 115: Food shortage!”

 

“Hey, she looks like the Scream picture.” Yoochun smiled and pointed.

 

Yoona snapped out from her state, joining Kyuhyun screaming. “Oh my God, oh my God, we’re about to die in starvation! We’re about to die in starvation!”

 

“Die in starvation?” The five guys chorused and stared at them. “Did a storm just sweep through your house or something?”

 

“Nah, our parents cut off our pocket money for one month.” Siwon began.

“Because we’re late for school again,” Tiffany continued.

“Which is the thirteenth time of this month,” Donghae added.

“And the maknae just passed out after hearing the news.” Jessica ended.

 

“Then why they don’t worry about the fees, the bills or something but the starvation?” Jaejoong asked.

 

Donghae snickered. “I think the only vocabulary in their dictionary is food.”

 

“My God, Donghae.” Jessica gasped dramatically. “You know what vocabulary and dictionary mean? I’m so proud of you.”

 

“Aww~ you’re so sweet~” Donghae said. “Not!”

 

On the other side, Kyuhyun and Yoona were practically being two koalas clinging on Siwon’s and Tiffany’s body. Normally, people will go like aww~ when they saw koala hanging on the three but in the case when the koala was nearly and above from one meter and seventy tall, no, they won’t.

 

“Hyung, Noona, what are we gonna do? The starvation, the starvation is coming near!”

“Eonnie, I don’t want to die yet! I still have a lot of things haven’t eaten and a lot of games haven’t played yet!”

They kept on holding and crawling up on the elders’ body despite all the effort of them to swing them out.

 

“Shesus, they’re like zombies coming up from the six feet under ground.” Yoochun commented.

 

“I know, aren’t they interesting?” Changmin said excitedly. “I’m soooo in love with this town.”

 

The eleven of them were quite attracting a large crowd around them.

 

Yunho looked at the job application on their hands, thinking for a while before offering. “Hey, how about you guys working in our shop? We are short of people.”

 

“Really? We can?” Siwon tried to trail his legs to Yunho but it was a difficult task, especially with a human-sized koala-Kyuhyun clinging on his torso.

 

“Of course, our coffee shop is at the third street around the park.” Yunho drew the map. “You can see it when you go down at the city central.”

 

“Your guys own a coffee shop?” Jessica said. “Cool~”

 

“No, actually it belongs to Jaejoong’s sister. She is on vacation with her family so we are in charge of it.” He said and point to the boy next to him.

 

“Your sister has coffee shop in the central? It must be cost a lot of money.” Donghae asked.

 

“No, his sisters have a lot of shop around Korea. One has a restaurant, one has a market in Seoul, and other has some in Busan and so on…”

 

“Wait, his sisters?” Tiffany finally managed to drag to their place with Yoona attaching on her back. “How many sisters do you have?”

 

“He has eight.” Yoochun added. “And he is the youngest.”

 

“Ooohhhh~” The six chorused together, finally found the reason for his pretty appearance.

 

“How about going now?” Jaejoong asked. “Since the school has ended.” As a cue, the bell rang clearly.

 

“Sound good.”

 

“By the way, since your maknaes have woken up. Can we borrow your sleeping bag?” Yoochun looked at the pink string connect the bag to Siwon hand. “Is that dog chain...? Yeah… can we borrow it too?”

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

At then end, eleven of them went together to Jaejoong’s sister’s coffee shop. But~ some situation had changed. For example…

 

The two koalas on Tiffany and Siwon had switched their trees and moved to… Yunho’s arms, each side of his body had one koala.

Plus, there was also another one on his back… Changmin.

 

“Yunho Oppa, can I call you Yunho Oppa? I’ve been hungry since this morning. Do you have anything to eat?” Yoona on the right side asked.

 

“Yeah, Hyung, it’s coffee shop so I supposed it has a lot of sweet right? Do you mind if we eat?” Kyuhyun on the left side added.

 

“I’m absolutely sure he won’t. Jaejoong Hyung’s sweet is the best. You should try it. Junsu and I had sneaked and took some every time.” Changmin clinging on the back, butted in.

 

“So that’s the reason why the desserts kept disappearing. You guys ate everything!” Yunho must have given Changmin a head-smack but for the two koalas attaching on him.

 

“Oh! We arrived!” Changmin jumped from Yunho’s back to the ground. “Come on, guys, I will show you good desserts,” He waved at Kyuhyun and Yoona and they did follow.

 

“Why I don’t have a good feeling about this?” Yunho and Siwon sighed at the same time before looking at each other, grinning and shaking hands in sympathy, ignoring the words from the others ‘What the hell are you two shaking for? You go for a business meeting or something?’

 

Jaejoong patted their shoulders from behind. “Don’t worry. Though they’re kinda a little bit active. But, how bad it could be?”

 

After Jaejoong’s line finished, a crash sound echoed with the three maknaes feel backward on the road opposite the entrance.

 

The handle of the door was broken off and it was in their hands.

 

“You do realize the sign say push, right?” Yoochun snickered.

 

Dark cloud and thunder appeared around Jaejoong’s head.

 

Three heavy smash landed on their heads.

 

“Yoochun, fix the door for me.” He threw a tool box and a hammer which he used to hit the maknaes with to the said boy.

 

“Can you give me a hand? I can’t fix it by myself.” Yoochun asked.

 

This time, the sleeping bag contained Junsu was threw to him, along with a bag of cookies.

 

“Is it alright to leave him like that?” Donghae asked. “Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for him,” Jessica nodded. They glanced back to the glasses boy, stuffed a bunch of cookies inside Junsu’s mouth and the blonde boy woke up confusedly, asking something like ‘Why are you crying? What happened?’

 

“You want it?” Jaejoong turned around, face dark. “Then help them,”

 

Ok, image ruined much. They always had impression that Jaejoong is an easy-going sweet boy.

 

Yeah, people are right. Beauty always goes with temper.

 

Jaejoong went into a room and locked it and they could see that the sign on it called kitchen.

 

A loud metal-punching glass-breaking and a bunch of every annoying noise on the world echoed out. And when Changmin, Kyuhyun and Yoona hugged a quite amount of sweet passed by, a pale hand reached out and pulled Changmin in, making all the sweet in his arms drop. But, no worry, Kyuhyun and Yoona managed to catch them and continued moving to find a place to eat.

 

And the sound continued.

 

“He is releasing his stress.” Yunho turned around and smiled. “Don’t worry. They’re not about to die. It happens everyday. So~ How about I showing you the job around? Where would you like to start?”

 

What kind of leader he is? He just let kill each other like that? Ooohhh~ Is that the sound of knife stabbing on the table they’re hearing?

 

“I will show you around, ok?”

 

Glancing from the outside where Yoochun just dropped a hammer on Junsu’s head and started to apologize as the younger boy stuck out his tongue and tasted the blood dripping down on his own face, to the door where the noise continued to come out but this time there were some shouting and whining with it, then back to the only person standing near the cashier, smiling and checking the preparation before opening the shop; the four (Kyuhyun and Yoona had a sweet time, enjoying their desserts on the table nearby, humming every time they got the delicious cakes) started to wonder which the hell of job they had just taken up.

 

Hopefully, nothing bad will happen~

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hi, everyone~ Lucia is texting~

Long time no see. I feel so bad for being rarely update like this. I wonder if there is any reader still remembers the story line of this since I keep disappearing and reappearing out of nowhere /bows

P.s: FanyGG baby, thanks for your care ^^ Love you \o/

Enjoy reading~