Ch. 53- You're Back

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

It has been three days since I got out of the hospital. Sunggyu-hyung told me to come back home so that way there would be somebody to watch me at least. I didn't want to, though. Instead I went to Sungyeol's place and stayed there. I thought that maybe if I waited at his place, he would eventually come home. The others think I'm a bit crazy to do that and that I should just go home. The thing is, when I got to Sungyeol's place I was able to get in easily- Sungyeol never changed the password to his place. I thought he would after he said he wanted to break the marriage contract, but he never did. Doesn't that mean that he wanted me to come back? That's what I want to believe.

On the first day I left the hospital, I stayed Sungyeol's place for the whole day. I didn't feel like going out because everything was black and white to me. In between the black and white, I was in the middle- a world of grey. Sungyeol's stuff are everywhere, and it seemed like he didn't pack a lot of stuff for a year. When I stepped into his room, a couple suits were gone, and some other clothes too. Then I saw the music box I bought for him a while ago. I opened it and it started to play music and I just stood there and watched it. My eyes focused on the raven and the dove as they dance about. Once it was over, I closed it and went to my room.

After two days, Sunggyu-hyung called me saying that I should go to school. He thinks that instead of staying in here I should go to school. He also said that some other students are worried about me too, but I didn't care for them. The only one I care about is Sungyeol. I did what I was told though because I didn't want him to keep on nagging me. Today, I did my usual routine, and made breakfast for myself. On accident I made too much food because I usually made a lot for Sungyeol and I. Since he isn't here, I made too much food for one person. I didn't throw away the food because I ate it for Sungyeol.

As I sat in the car on the way to school, all these sort of thoughts ran through my head. Why is Sungeol in China for such a long time? Why couldn't he wait until I woke up to leave? Does he love me as I love him? All of the questions are unanswered, and I want somebody to give me the answers. I'm getting impatient, and I don't know how long I will be like this. I have to endure, though. I have to keep walking another step because Sungyeol will come back soon. I know because deep in my heart Sungyeol will come home to us....to me.

" Yah! Myungsoo-ah!" Once I got out of the car the others were standing by the gate for me. I waved at them and the Yadong couple came up to me and took me by the arms.

" Cheer up! If Sungyeol knew you were going to be like this, then he will regret leaving for China!" I smiled a little bit and they gave me a comforting look.

" Hyung?" Sungjong was standing next to me and holding onto my arm too.

" What is it?"

" Sungyeol, I'm sure he didn't want to leave either. You have to believe that okay! Fighting!" I chuckled and nodded my head.

" Fighting!"

" It seems like my little brother is a little bit happier." Sunggyu-hyung slung an arm around my neck and ruffled my hair.

" Yeah, just a little bit though. Thanks for asking, Grandpa-hyung."

" Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Don't call me Grandpa-hyung!" I ran away from his before he can hold me down, and went to the classroom.

I could feel it. I could feel everybody's eyes on me as I passed them in the hallway. The way they looked at me made me a bit nervous and uncomfortable. I didn't like the way they looked at me with pity. I didn't want or need their pity. Somebody was coming up to me, their hand was reaching for me until somebody else grabbed their hand right in front of me. I looked at the person to see th person who is friends with Kris- Tao-sshi.

" Don't get close to him. He needs his personal space."

" S-Sorry!" The person ran off and I bowed to Tao-sshi.

" Thank you very much."

" It's nothing." He seemed like a pretty nice person, unlike Kris. Though it was weird seeing him without Kris.

" Wait, where is Kris?"

" Oh......He is in China with Sungyeol-sshi and Suho-sshi."

" W-What!? How come you aren't with them?"

" You don't know? It's becau-" He wasn't able to finish because somebody just had to call out for him.

" Hey Tao! Come over here! We need your help!"

" Sorry, Myungsoo-sshi, but they sort of need my help. I hope you are feeling better!" He waved goodbye to me and I limply waved back. Just when I thought I could get some more information, but no! Life doesn't favor me at all.

I went to class and sat down in my seat. I could feel everybody's eyes on me, and I started to feel uncomfortable. Where was Sungyeol when you needed him to scare away the others with his glare. Seriously though, I don't really need everybody to be looking at me. I know I got kidnapped, was shot, and almost died. I lived, though. The reason why I tried to get out of the darkness was so I could have Sungyeol in my arms. I'm willing to do anything to have Sungyeol next to me, but he isn't even here. Kind of pointless isn't? The teacher came in, but I didn't pay attention. They gave me some slack since I just got back, and I'm glad they did. I was so not ready to listen to boring lectures at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During lunch......

 

When lunch rolled by, I went up to the rooftop and ate there instead. The fresh air sounded better than being in a room full of people, and I really needed my space at the moment. I was eating my sandwhich as I watched the sky. There were clouds but the sky was really blue. It was a beautiful color blue, a kind of blue that makes you want to fly up to the sky. At that moment I saw two birds flying together- a raven and a dove. Weird. I have never seen that before, but I guess it's like a miracle or something? Well, whatever, it must have some sort of meaning right?

" What are you doing up here?"

I turned around to see the others on the rooftop. They had their lunch in their hands, and I sighed. I rolled my eyes and motioned them to come over. All of them came over and we sat in a circle. Dongwoo-hyung was telling some lame jokes, but we laughed along. If we didn't, then Hoya-hyung would probably choke us with our food if we didn't. Some of them were funny, though. Sungjong and Minwoo were feeding each other, and to be honest, I was jealous. Seeing them feed each other makes me want to feed Sungyeol and vice versa. Woohyun-hyung was of course using his over bearing grease on Sunggyu-hyung, but he obviously liked it because his cheeks were red. All that was missing was having Sungyeol sitting with us.

" Let's go guys! Class is about to start!" We followed as Sunggyu-hyung stood up but I stopped in my tracks. Right in front of me, two feathers fell from above- one white and the other black. I picked them up and examined them. My eyes grew wide when I figured out they were from earlier ago, but I didn't want to believe it either. I would just think about it later, and put them inside my blazer.

" Myungsoo, hurry up!"

" Coming!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 days later........

 

The weekend went by fast, but I stayed inside instead of going out with the others. For some reason, the place felt dead if I left it alone. Just without Sungyeol makes the place feel empty- it really is big for one person. It was finally seventh period, which means the last period of the day, and I would go home. I wasn't listening to what the teacher was saying until she threw a piece of chalk at me. I rubbed my head in pain and looked at her. The other students were laughing at me, and the teacher had to yell to get everybody's attention.

" Okay, I'm passing the project you worked on with your partners. All of you should be very proud of you got on your score. I will be passing them out right now." She stared to pass them around, and I was the last one. The bell rang right when she gave me mine, and I was about to book it out of there until she called for me.

" Myungsoo-sshi!"

" Hm?"

" Good job on your guy's project. I like yours the best."

" Thank you very much. I totally forgot about the project, but luckily Sungyeol was able to finish it. Most of the grade should go towards him anyways." I bowed to her but she had to say something before I left.

" I want you to look at that when you have time. I'm sure you will understand what Sungyeol's true feelings." I looked at the photobook and put it in my bag.

" I will! Thank you very much!" I ran out of there and headed to the car. For some reason I had a good feeling today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I entered in the password, and stepped inside. Before I took off my shoes, I saw two pair of shoes right in front of me. I was sure nobody else knows the password, and I'm sure Sungyeol isn't home. It could be some robber or whatever, but I guess I will have to figure that out myself. Quietly, I took off my shoes, placed my bag on the sofa, and right then I saw Sungyeol's office door open. Slowly, I tiptoed over to the room and peeked in there. In the room I saw somebody's back facing me and he was taking off his jacket. I didn't noticed tears were falling down my face when the person turned around- Sungyeol was standing right in front of me. He looked a bit tired but other than that, he looked perfect. I didn't care if he could hear me or see me, but I ran over to him and hugged him.

" M-Myungsoo! W-What are you doing h-here!?" I pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes.

" I should be asking you that! I thought you were going to be in China for a year!?" He had on a confused expression on and I got confused too.

" Wait what? A year? Forget about for now! Y-You are awake? Am I dreaming?" I pinched his arm and he hissed in pain.

" Does it seem like a dream now!?"

" Haha, no it doesn't." He pulled me into a hug and placed his head on my shoulder.

" What?"

" I'm glad you are okay. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. I'm really, really, really sorry."

" Idoit, I forgive you."

" Thank you. Anyways, how about I make some food for us?" He pulled away from me and dragged me to the kitchen. He sat me down at the counter and he started cooking. I had a weird feeling though, almost as if he was keeping something from me.

" Sungyeol."

" Hm?"

" Are you keeping something from me?" It looked like his body stiffened, but then he turned to me and smiled.

" Why would I keep anything from you? Weirdo." I got off from the counter and went to chop an apple up. I cut it into slices and fed them to Sungyeol. When my fingers brushed against his lips, electricity ran through my whole body. I could feel myself turned red and I looked away from him. Then I remembered about the thing about Sungyeol being in China for one year.

" Hoya-hyung said you were going to be in China for a year. He even showed us the text."

" Are you sure? I'm sure I texted him saying I was going to be gone for a week." Sungyeol took out his cell phone and then slowly turned to me.

" Haha! Oops!"

" Oops, what?" He showed me the text and I facepalmed myself. Then I facepalmed him and he stumbled back a few steps.

" You! Y-You! Are you an idiot or something! Instead of saying a week, you accidentally said a year! How can you mess up like that!? You know how worried all of us were!? What am I going to do with you?" He shrugged his shoulders and I rolled my eyes at him.

" Sorry!" He bowed and I hit him in the head. He rubbed it in pain, but I didn't care. I took another slice and popped it into my mouth. Though before I ate it all, a little piece that was sticking out, Sungyeol took it from my mouth. He ate right in front of me and my body got all hot.

" Yah! Lee Sungyeol!"

" You really are like your brother, with all your yelling and nagging."

I started to chase after him and he ran away from me. We played around like that until we smelled something burning, and we both went to the stove. Luckily, nothing was badly burnt, and once it was done, we ate at the dining table. After we were done eating, I volunterred to do the dishes, and then Sungyeol's cell phone started to ring. He looked at the caller id, and he went to the other room. Finally, I was done with the dishes, and I went to the living room to see Sungyeol sitting there.

" Who was that?" Sungyeol jumped a little bit when he heard me and clutched his shirt.

" Don't scare me like that! Almost gave me a heart attack. It was just somebody talking about work and other things. Anyways, I'm really tired, so I'm going to bed. You should go to bed too. Night."

" Night......Yeol." He stopped in his tracks, turned around, and gave me one of the most beautiful smiles ever.

" Night, Soo."

When Sungyeol entered the bathroom, my cell phone started to ring. I looked at the caller id, and I don't remember seeing this phone number before. I answered not knowing who it was, and I was surprised to see who it was.

" Who is this?"

" It's me, Kris."

" Kris? What do you want?" There was dead silence and he spoke.

" It's about Sungyeol."

" Okay." I'm not liking the sound of this.

" Be prepared for this. Sungyeol, he is-"

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Yeah, I'm just going to leave a cliffhanger there. But OMG I HAVE 152 SUSCRIBERS! I'M SO HAPPY! IT'S ONLY MY SECOND FIC AND I HAVE 152 SUSCRIBERS FOR THIS FIC! YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME! LOVE YOU ALL! COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!!!!!)