Ch. 37- Almost Kissed

The Raven and the Dove

(A/N: this the chapter i accidentally erased so if people have already read it, don't read it again!"

 

Sungyeol's POV:

Today I went to the office because I didn't want to see Myungsoo after what I did last night. I didn't know what I was doing when I hugged him all of a sudden like that. When I he caressed my hand like that I couldn't help but just hug him like that. All these sort of feelings resurfaced and I just couldn't hold myself back. Everything he does just makes me love him all over again. The way he caressd my hand I hated it, yet I love it, the way he was worried about me I hated it, yet I love it. I leaned into my seat as I spun around. Then I recieved a call from my secretary.

" Sir, you have a call from EXO Companies."

" Put him through."

" Hello, this is Suho from EXO Companies. I was wonder if I could come over and speak you about the fundraiser event."

" Yes you can come over right now."

" Thank you. See you in a bit." I hung up on the line and leaned back into my seat.

In two weeks is a fundraiser event that EXO Companies and Lee Corporations are teaming up with. This is one of the things I have to deal with in my life including my feelings for Myungsoo. Suho-sshi and I both thought that this event could bring our companies together. The fundraiser is for the people who live in poverty and are in hunger. We have decided to invite the higher ups from business in Korea and some other countries as well. One thing is Suho-sshi wants to do something else, but he has informed as to what it is.

I started to feel sore from sitting down, so I walked up to the window and looked at the view. I could see the city of Seoul as I drank my Americano. My office was on the top floor which meant I got the whole view of Seoul which was pretty nice. I stared at the cloudless sky and sighed. I wouldn't mind being up there and feeling the wind on my face.

After I was finish with my Americano, I walked over to the table and grabbed the camera. I thought maybe I could choose some pictures for our project since Myungsoo hasn't done much. When I was looking through the pictures, I didn't realize that most of them were of Myungsoo. There were some of him sleeping on the sofa or his bed. There there was one of him doing his homework and it looked like he was struggling on one of the problems. Also there were some when he didn't notice I was taking any. I truly never realized I love him for a while, and now looking through these pictures I realized I have been in love with him for a while.

Then I went to put down the camera back on the table and at the same time I got another call from my secretary.

" Sir, they are here."

" Okay you can let them through." Suho-sshi entered my office, but he also entered somebody I didn't recognized.

" Hello there Sungyeol-sshi. I'm afraid you haven't met my assistant Yixing, but you can call him Lay."

" Hello there Lay-sshi, it's nice to meet you."

 " It's nice to meet you to Sungyeol-sshi." I offered my hand to him and I could tell he was nervous. I chuckled to myself as he took my hand in nervousness, but I also felt somebody glaring at me. I looked over to see Suho-sshi glaring at me, and then looking at our hands. Luckily, Lay-sshi let go first and we got down to business.

" We should start discussing about the fundraiser event now."

Lay-sshi grabbed two folders and place them on the table. I grabbed one and started to look through them. We talked about who we were inviting, what food to cater, and about the money as well. While I was reading through the folder, one thing caught my eye, it was a human auction. I didn't know anything about this but it seemed like Suho-sshi added this in.

" What's with this human auction?"

" Oh that? I was thinking another way to make more money would be a human auction. For example, if I were to be auctioned and somebody bid a high price, then I would spend one whole day with them." I nodded my head as he described what it was.

" I guess it sounds like an idea, but who would want to volunteer?"

" Oh that? I got that handle with, right Yixing?"

" Yes, Joonmyeon." That's right, I forgot Suho-sshi's real name was Kim Joonmyeon. I looked over to see Lay-sshi playing around with his fingers, and it seemed like he was nervous about something. Then I went back to look over the plan again.

" Well, everything seems good to me except for the human auction, but I can trust you with that right Suho-sshi?"

" Of course you can! Don't worry about it. Well we will get going then. Let's go Yixing." They both bowed to me and I bowed back to them as they left. I laid on the sofa for a bit and closed my eyes.

A little sleep won't hurt.

I closed my eyes and let sleep get through me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody's POV:

 

" I would like to see Sungyeol."

" He should be in his office. I didn't see him walk out, so you can go in."

" Thank you."

The person began walking to the doors, and slowly opened it. They saw Sungyeol sleeping on the sofa, and quietly walked to him. The person sat down on the edge of the sofa and caressed from his eyes to his lips. Then they leaned closer and closer until their lips were centimeters apart. The person's breath was lingering on Sungyeol's lips, and they knew they were doing something wrong, but they couldn't hold it back. The person examined Sungyeol's face because this was the first time seeing him up so close. They were about to kiss him until somebody pulled them off.

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I was worried when Sungyeol didn't come to school today. When I didn't see him at all at school today, I ran out of school once it was done. I told the driver to drive to Sungyeol's office since that is probably the only place he would be right now. Once I arrived at the building, I bolted out of there, and ran to the elevator. I pressed the button of the level Sungyeol was on and waited until I got up there. Sungyeol's office was on the top floor, and I was getting really impatient. Once the elevator dinged signalling we were on the floor, I ran out of the elevator to the secretary.

" I would like to see Sungyeol."

" Well he did say if you came to his office, just to let you in. So I guesss you can go into his office."

" Thank you very much!" I walked over to the doors that led to his office, and slowly opened the doors. When I opened the door I saw something I didn't want to see. I pushed the door open, pulled the person off, and punched him. I was so angry that I didn't know what I was doing, neither did I know the person I just punched was Kris.

" What are you doing to Sungyeol! You were taking advantage of him!"

" You have a pretty good punch there." I saw Kris wipe off the blood from his lips using his hand. Then he stood up and punched me right back in the face.

" What do you know! You are only his friend! Unlike you, I have feelings for him!" I touched my lips and saw blood on my hand. I stood up, was about to punch Kris but he blocked it with his hand, and I was about to use my other hand to punch him until I heard a voice.

" What are you guys doing!?" We both looked over to see Sungyeol wide awake. Kris let go of my hand and I let my other hand go limp. Then Sungyeol walked over to us, pushed me away from Kris, and stood in front of him. The way he stood in front of Kris made it seem like he was protecting him.

" What are you doing here Myungsoo? You too Kris."

" I wanted to talk about the fundraiser event." Kris spoke up first, but I knew he what he just said was a lie.

" What about you Myungsoo?"

" I just wanted......I don't know."

" Then why do both of you have bloody lips then!" Kris and I both looked at each other not wanting to say anything.

" He is lying Sungyeol! He was about to kiss you! He was about to take advantage of you without you knowing it!" I spoke out without thinking, and Sungyeol looked back at me.

" What do you mean? Kris wouldn't do that because he is my friend! Don't say things like that Myungsoo!"

" I'm not lying! You have to believe me Sungyeol! He was about to ki-" I felt a slap on my face, and I stumbled back a few steps. I touched my cheek where he slapped me and it hurted, not just physically, but emotionally too.

" Leave Myungsoo. I need to talk to Kris about some business stuff." Sungyeol's back was turned to me, and I wanted him to face me. Without a choice, I ran out of there as fast as I could, and entered the car.

" Home. Take me home."

" Yes, sir."

I sat in the car as things began going through my head as to what just happened. I was shocked, so shocked that Sungyeol slapped me.

Why doesn't Sungyeol believe me? Why is he protecting Kris? Aren't Sungyeol and I friends? So why doesn't he believe me?

Once we arrived home, I walked inside and went to my room. I didn't feel like eating, doing homework, or doing anything productive. I took off my uniform, put a t-shirt and sweats on, and laid in bed. Events today kept on replaying through my head, and I just waited until sleep overtook me. The slap truly hurted me but I didn't know how to handle it at this moment. Soon my eyes were beginning to close, and I let sleep take me in. Without noticing it, a single tear fell down my face, and landed on the pillow.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the office......

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

" Sorry about that. Does your lip hurt?"

" Just a bit." I walked over to my desk and took out the first aid kit that was in the drawer. Then I walked back to Kris and sat down next to him. I took out the antiseptic wipes and a bandaid. I used the wipes and dabbed the area where his lip was bleeding.

" Tch."

" Deal with it."

This feels familiar. Oh yeah that's right, I remember Myungsoo doing this to me when Hoya-hyung punched me. Wait! I shouldn't be thinking about him at this moment.

" Sungyeol?"

" H-Huh?"

" The bandaid."

" O-Oh yeah, sorry, haha, let me put the bandaid on you." I took out the bandaid and carefully put it on the side of his lips. Then I went to put away the first aid kit back in my drawer and I grabbed the folder.

" Okay let's talk about the event then. We were thinking of doing th-"

" I did want to kiss you." I dropped the folder I grabbed, and my eyes went wide.

" W-What did you say? So Myungsoo wasn't lying?"

" No, but I have a reason as to why I wanted to kiss you!"

" What is it!"

" I-I....I lo-" Then my secretary came in before Kris could finishe what he wanted to say, and at that moment I really wanted to kill my secretary.

" Sir, you have a meeting with a CEO of a business that is from the States."

" Alright then, I will be there in a few minutes." She left the room, and I walked back to my desk to grab my stuff.

" Sungyeol." My back was facing him because I just couldn't face him right now.

" I really did want to kiss you." I heard him walking away, the door opening a closing, and I turned around.

What do you mean you wanted to kiss me? Why me anyways? Why me?

I began walking to the meeting room I had with the CEO from the States. I threw all of these thoughts before I entered because I couldn't have these thoughts running around in my mind. Right now what was important was the meeting, and I would have to deal with these thoughts later. Even though I was tired, I made myself deal with the meeting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

At the house.....

I finally arrived at home after the meeting was over. When I entered I notice that Myungsoo's bag was on the ground, and all the lights were turned off. I walked up to my room, and went to go check on Myungsoo. I saw him sleeping peacefully on his back, but I noticed that there was dry blood on his lips. I just sighed at him and went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. When I walked back in, I the nightstand light, and quietly sat on the edge of the bed.

Then I began to take out the antiseptic wipes and a band-aid out. I used one of the wipes to wipe away the blood and dabbed the place that was bleeding. His expression looked like it was hurting a bit, but he would have to deal with it for now. After I was done using the wipes, I placed the band-aid on the side of his lips carefully so I wouldn't wake him up or hurt him. I put the stuff away on the the table and I caressed his face for a bit. I began leaning closer and closer and examined his face. I never realized he looked so handsome up close because I never seen him up so close or I just didn't care. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I couldn't hold myself back. As I leaned closer I could feel tears falling down from my face onto his. Instead of kissing his lips, I kissed the band-aid on the side of his lips. I could feel my stomach doing flips, but the tears wouldn't stop falling and I knew why too. I had to force myself to get away from him too.

I got up carefully and went to put the first aid kit back in the bathroom. I took off my clothes and entered the shower. I let the water wash away my thoughts, feelings, and the things that happened today. The shampoo and soap helped me too by clearing up my mind with it's scent, but it didn't last for very long. After I was done taking a shower, brushing my teeth, I went to change into a t-shirt and sweats. Then I laid in my bed for a while until sleep could overtake me. The thoughts began running through my mind again though.

You should stop yourself right now Sungyeol! You are only going to hurt yourself more! Your feelings will never be reciprocated, so just give up! You are only putting yourself through pain.

" What am I doing to myself?" I closed my eyes and soon sleep overtook me.

 

 

(A/N: I'M SO SORRY THAT PEOPLE WHO CHECKED THIS FIC AND NOTICED THERE WASN'T A CHAPTER WAS BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT! I WANTED HIT MYSELF SO HARD AND WANTED TO CRY SO BADLY WHEN I DELETED IT! SO IF YOU GUYS HAD ALREADY READ THIS CHAPTER I'M SORRY TOO BECAUSE I MIGHT HAVE NOT WRITTEN THINGS IN THERE THAN I DID BEFORE! I'M SO SORRY EVERYBODY! I DIDN'T EDIT THIS EITHER SO YEAH!)