Ch. 38- The Villa

The Raven and the Dove

(A/N: Some of you guys might want to read Ch. 37, if you haven't yet, because I accidentally erased it last night! I'm sorry once again!)

 

Sungyeol's POV:

Right now were are driving to my family's villa which is like two hours away from Seoul. I didn't even agree with this, well actually there were two people that didn't want to go and that other person was Myungsoo. Let's go back a few days ago shall we?

FLASHBACK:

 

" We are going to the villa this weekend." I looked at Hoya-hyung when he said that.

" What! What do you mean this weekend! You know that I'm busy with the fundraising event!"

" Yes I know that Sungyeol, but I think you and Myungsoo need some free time. All of us could tell you guys are stressed about something, so we agreed to go the villa on Friday." When I looked at everybody, excluding Myungsoo, they were nodding their heads in agreement. I just shook my head in dismay at them.

" Then you guys can go by yourself! I don't want to go over there anyways!" Hyung began to pull my ear, and it hurted a lot. I tried pulling myself away but it was futile. Everybody was laughing at me too, but Myungsoo was looking away. I scoffed at him and it seemed like he heard me because he turned around to look at me.

" You are going whether you like it or not! You got it Lee Sungyeol!" I gulped when he said my full name. He only says my full name when he wants to say something or when he gets angry. Let's just say I didn't want to anger him any further.

" Fine I will go! Let go of me ear hyung!" He finally let go of my ear, and I rubbed it to ease the pain. Then Sunggyu-hyung spoke to Myungsoo.

" Myungsoo, you are going too right?" I felt shivers go down my spine when Sunggyu-hyung smiled at Myungsoo, and I could see fear in Myungsoo's eyes.

" Y-Yes I am."

" Good then! That's settle it! We are going to the villa this weekend!" Everybody, excluding Myungsoo and I, were cheering about the trip. Myungsoo and I just groaned.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Now here I am, in the car with Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung while the others were in Sunggyu-hyung's car. They were both talking while I was listening to my music. Myungsoo and I haven't talk at all during this whole week after the incident at my office. He would avoid me and I would do the same. Even in class we wouldn't dare look at each other or make any sort of contact. The others must have suspected that we weren't on good terms, so that's why they organized to take a little vacation to the villa.

The villa was up in the mountains a bit, but it wasn't so deep that it was practically in the trees. My family used to go there every summer, but ever since my parents.......died, we haven't gone there since. The last time we went was when I was twelve and we stopped since then. We have had somebody clean the place every week so that it wouldn't get dusty or dirty. I could tell Hoya-hyung was a bit nervous because once we got there, it would bring up so many memories of the past. I didn't want to experience the memories of the past, but I knew I would have to move on. Also this is the place where I got my scar when I was 12 years old, and for some reason I felt like there was somebody else too I met, but I don't remember.

After two hours, we finally arrived at the villa, and I cautiously got out of the car. I looked at the villa I once used to love coming to, but now it's a place that is part of the past. Everybody else was getting out their luggage, and hyung handed mine. He smiled at me knowing what I was thinking and I smiled back. I saw Myungsoo, but I looked away right away. I took out the key Hoya-hyung handed to me, and entered the place. The air inside slammed right into me, and I smelled the scent of the past. I stood there as everybody went inside ahead of me, but then I felt somebody's hand on my shoulder.

" Let's go in Sungyeol. It's okay, I'm here, don't worry."

" Thanks Hoya-hyung." He let go of my shoulder and we both walked in. I didn't know what I was expecting, but I guess I will just let things go wherever it goes.

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

" Okay everybody gather! We need to decide who is going to room in which room." Everybody gathered in a circle, but when I looked at Sungyeol, he looked....sad? Then I turned to Hoya.

" Hoya where are the rooms?"

" There are two on this level and there are three on the second level." He pointed them out as he said it.

" Okay then. Well if you guys want to sleep with other people that is fine just say who."

" I want to room with Dongwoo-hyung!" Hoya shouted loudly and I rubbed my temples because he was so loud.

" I get to sleep with my Gyu-baby!" I blushed when Woohyun said that, and I punched him lightly in the arm.

" I want to sleep with Myungsoo then!" I rolled my eyes at Sungjong; I was expecting for Sungyeol to have some sort of reaction but I noticed he wasn't next to us.

" Okay I guess Sungyeol will have a room to himself. Myungsoo, Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Hoya will get the two bottom rooms. Woohyun, Sungyeol, and I will get the top rooms. Is that fine with everybody?"

" Yes!" Everybody, excluding Sungyeol wherever he is, screamed at once. Then they broke off into two and went into their respective rooms. Woohyun and I went to ours and we were shocked at how big it was. There was a king size bed, the bathroom was all marble, and there were two walk in closets. Not to mention the room was huge as well. We were used to this life too, but I guess we were still shocked.

I began to unpack some of my clothes and placed them in the drawers. Woohyun was doing the same until he placed his arms around my waist. He began to place light kisses on my neck, and I nudged him to release me. Instead of backing away, he just gripped onto me tighter, and nuzzled his face into my neck.

" I have to put away my clothes Woohyun-ah."

" No. I want to stay like this for a little bit." I sighed, placed my hands on his hands, and leaned into his embrace. He smelled like strawberries and I really liked it.

" Hey guys come dow- oops! Sorry, did I just ruin your moment?" We both turned to see Hoya standing in the doorway with Dongwoo behind him. They were both smiling at us, and I threw a pillow at them. Unfortunately they both dodged it.

" Now, now, now Gyu-baby don't be like that. Let's do downstairs," then he leaned into my ear and whispered, " don't worry, we will have more time together later." I shyly pushed him away and grabbed his hand. We made our way downstairs and at the same time Sungyeol walked inside the villa.

" Hi Sungyeol! Where have you been?"

" I went to the lake." He passed by us and went to sit down the couch. I sighed at him but I felt a strong, reassuring grip on my hand. I looked to see Woohyun smiling and I smiled back.

I hope this vacation will help patch things between Sungyeol and Myungsoo. All of us hate the tension around them, and we have no idea what made them lke this. Maybe it has to do with Sungyeol's feelings for Myungsoo that they are like this. I will just ask Sungyeol later.

 

Hoya's POV:

 

The reason why I suggested for all of us to go on a little vacation is because I could sense tension between Sungyeol and Myungsoo. I spoke to Sunggyu-hyung about it, and it seemed like he noticed it too. The both of us decided for all of us to take this vacation, and I suggested to coming to my family's villa. Sunggyu-hyung agreed with me and the decision was final. One problem was though; Sungyeol would not want to come here because it had too much memories of parents back then. When I told noona this, she was a bit worried, but she knew that Sungyeol would have to face it sooner or later.

Dongwoo-hyung and I got a room to ourselves, which I'm very happy about, and I was even more happy when there was only one bed in the room. I knew it was going to be a bit awkward between us when we go to sleep, but hey, I don't mind it at all. The both of us went downstairs before the Woogyu couple, and sat down on the couch. Myungsoo and Sungjong were playing cards on the dining table, and Sungyeol was still nowhere to be seen. The only place I could think where he was was the lake since he loved playing there when he was younger.

A few seconds after the Woogyu couple came down, Sungyeol walked inside. Sunggyu-hyung asked where Sungyeol was and replied saying he was at the lake. I was right, he would be there out of all the other places. Then he sat down on the couch across from us and I stared at him. It seemed like he could feel my stare and stared back. Sungyeol was giving me what-the-heck-do-you-want face, and I just waved my hand at him and he turned his head away. I knew he was mad at me for bringing him here out of all the other places we could have gone, but hey,  you can't blame me for trying.

" Hoya." Dongwoo-hyung was nudging me on my side as he tried to get my attention.

" I'm hungry! Let's make some food please!"

" Alright, alright. Hey everybody let's go outside and grill for a bit!"

" Okay!"

We all went outside to the patio, and started grilling. Sunggyu-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung were grilling the meat. Woohyun-hyung and I were chopping up vegetables and fruits for us to eat. Myungsoo and Sungjong were still playing cards and arguing saying the other person cheated. Then there was Sungyeol who was tending to the small garden we have in the backyard. I was still surprised to see my mother's garden still alive after all these years. It's small but my mother and Sungyeol love it dearly like the one back at the house. While I was staring at Sungyeol, I didn't notice that I cut myself with the knife until Woohyun-hyung pointed it out.

" Hoya! Your finger is bleeding!" I looked at my finger and saw a little cut on my finger. It didn't hurt but then Dongwoo-hyung had to make a big deal out of it.

" Hoya come with me!" Dongwoo-hyung was dragging me inside the house, and placed me on the couch.

" Where is the first aid kit?"

" Over there in one of those cabinets in the kitchen." He started to look through each one and after a few minutes he finally found it. Hyung was walking over to me and started to take out the wipes, ointment, and a band-aid.

" Give me your finger." I gave him my finger and he used the anitseptic wipe on it to wipe away the blood. Then he used the ointment on the cut and placed the band-aid on it.

" Thank you hyung."

" No problem. Now make sure you aren't distracted when you are cutting again." He went to put away the first aid kit, and I blushed when he left. I was happy that he was worried about me and then he tended to my cut.

" Hoya you alright?" Dongwoo-hyung was waving his hand in front of me but I didn't notice it.

" Y-Yeah I'm fine. Let's go back shall we?" He just laughed at me and we both walked back to the others.

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

Sungjong and I were playing cards while the others were preparing food for us. While Sungjong would reshuffle the cards, I kept looking back at Sungyeol who was still tending to the garden. He looked happy and peaceful at least. Though he kept on looking at the yellow roses with the red tips which I don't know why. I was getting a bit suspicious as to why Dongwoo-hyung and Hoya-hyung were taking such a long time. After what seemed like forever, the two finally came back. I decided to tease them a bit for fun.

" So what took you guys so long?" Hoya-hyung glared at me while Dongwoo-hyung just kept on walking.

" Be quiet Myungsoo!"

" Whatever you say Hoya-hyung! I'm sure you and Dongwoo-hyung were having a good time." I winked at him and he started to come after me. I kept on running away from him and dang is he fast. I wasn't looking where I was going but I knew I bumped into somebody when I fell to the ground. I groaned in pain when I landed on my , but I also heard somebody else groan too.

" Ouch that hurts." The person I bumped into was Sungyeol and he landed on his hand instead of his behind. There were roses scattered on the ground and I was about to pick them up until I felt somebody slap my hand away.

" It's okay, you don't need to help me." I just stared at him as he picked up the roses but I saw his hand flinch for a second. Then I saw his face contort in pain, and I was about to say something until Sungjong called out for my name.

" Myungsoo-hyung! Let's play another game! Hurry!" I looked back at Sungyeol and Sungjong and decided to go to Sungjong. I stood up and walked to Sungjong and we began playing another round of go fish.

" Sungyeol is there something wrong?" I heard Hoya-hyung speaking to Sungyeol.

" It's nothing. I just fell, I'm fine. I'm going to place these roses in a vase."

" Okay, be careful." I saw Sungyeol walk pass me and into the house. Then he came back out and went back towards the garden.

" Everybody the food is done!" I dropped my cards onto the table and ran over to grab a plate. I was waiting in line to grab some food, and since I was really hungry I was getting really impatient. I was the second person while Sungyeol was the last person in line. We got our food and sat down on the around the table.

The Woogyu sat next to each other, Sungjong and I sat across from them, Hoya-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung sat next to us, and Sungyeol sat way on the other side away from me. Woohyun-hyung would start some of the most random questions, Dongwoo-hyung would laugh, and Sunggyu-hyung  would just roll their eyes at them. Hoya-hyung listened and laughed at times, Sungjong and I joined in the conversations too, but the odd person out was Sungyeol. It seemed like all of us noticed it too, we were about to say something until Sungyeol stood up. He was already done eating and none of us noticed it.

" I'm done eating. I'm gong to take a walk around here." Sungyeol went to put away his plate, and we all watched him as he left. Then they all looked at me.

" Myungsoo." Sunggyu-hyung was the one to speak up first.

" W-What do you want?"

" Go follow him." Hoya-hyung then spoke up.

" Why? Why me!?"

" Because we know something is going on between the two of you, and we want the both of you to resolve it." Dongwoo-hyung said to me as he was eating.

" Sungjong? A little help?" He shook his head though.

" Sungyeol is my cousin and I worry about him. Since you two are really good friends you should talk to him. Do it for me please? Do it for your boyfriend please?" I sighed at him and nodded my head. I got out of my seat, grabbed a jacket, and ran to catch up with Sungyeol. I spotted Sungyeol in the distance, and ran even faster.

" Sungyeol!" He didn't turn around and kept on walking. Then he walked onto this path that led deeper in the forest.

" Wait up!" I ran up to him but kept some distance between us. I silently walked behind him but I could tell he noticed.

" Leave Myungsoo. You don't know your way around here, you will get lost."

" Then let me follow you."

" No. Now leave."

" No."

" Myungsoo, leave now."

" NO!" I didn't know why I was screaming, but I couldn't help myself.

" MYUNGSOO! LISTEN TO ME AND LEAVE!"

" NO YOU LISTEN TO ME SUNGYEOL! I HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR ATTITUDE THESE PAST FEW DAYS!" Then he yelled back at me and turn around to face me.

" I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF YOUR ATTITUDE EITHER! YOU HAVE BEEN IGNORING ME THESE PAST FEW DAYS TOO!" He turned around and kept on walking. I followed him but I kept trying to get his attention.

" Sungyeol! Listen to me for once!" He didn't respond back to me, so I pulled onto his sleeve. I didn't notice that we were on a big hill, and I almost lost my footing.

" What do you want Myungsoo! What do you want!?" He pulled away from me and kept on walking.

" Wait! Sungyeol wa-" I felt myself lose my footing, and I could feel myself falling but I felt somebody's arms around me protecting me.

" Myungsoo!"

I could feel us tumbling down the hill, I could feel sticks scratching at my face, and my mind went back at to what happened back then. Images of me falling down on a hill and somebody's arms were around me. I remember somebody falling down with me, I remember the person protecting me by shielding me with is body, and I remembered the person was a boy, around the same age as me but taller. Then images of the boy's back kept going through my head; a gash in his back, he ripped off his sleeve and tied it around me]y arm, and I saw blood coming from his back. That was when I lost conciousness back then.

After a few more tumbles, we finally stopped, and I slowly opened my eyes. Where we landed was the same place I remembered back then. This is the exact place where I fell down when I was 12 years old. I heard soembody groan in my ear, and that's when I noticed Sungyeol's arms were around my waist. I looked up to see Sungyeol's face in pain, and I pushed myself away from him. I looked over my body only seeing a few scratches on my hand and I could feel some on my face and neck. My jacket was a bit teared up, but Sungyeol was the one who was in more pain.

" Are you okay Myungsoo." I could hear a bit of pain in his voice, and I looked over his body.

" I should be asking you that. Are you okay?" His shirt was a bit teared up, and he got a bad cut on his knee. It wasn't deep, but it was bleeding quite a bit.

" My knee.....It hurts a lot." All I could think of was ripping off the sleeve of my shirt and tying it around his knee. So I took off my jacket, ripped off a sleeve of my long sleeve shirt, and tyed it around his knee.

" W-What are you doing Myungsoo?"

" I'm helping you here, so don't move." I saw him nodding, and I contiuned tying it around, and made sure it was good so that blood won't be falling down his leg.

" Thank you Myungsoo."

" It's nothing."

" Myungsoo."

" Hm?"

" Let me rest for a bit."

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah, I'm tired. Can I lay my head on your lap?"

" Y-Yeah." Yah! Why are you stuttering for!

I placed Sungyeol's head on my lap, and place my jacket over his body. Then after a few minutes he drifted off, and I just sat there wide awake making sure nothing attacked us. There was still bit of sunlight still before night came, and I decided to wake him up a little before it got dark. I looked down to see how he was doing, and his eyebrows were furrowing. I didn't know what I was doing, so I rubbed his head for a bit, and it seemed like it helped a little bit. I looked at his hand and I saw bandages around his wrist- it was the hand he landed on when I bumped into him. All of a sudden flashbacks were going through my mind once again.

 

FLASHBACK:

Back to when Myungsoo was 12 years old......

 

I was taking a walk in the forest by myself when I noticed a boy ahead of me. I ran up to him and introduced myself, but when I saw his eyes they looked empty and........sad?

" Hi my name is Myungsoo!" I lend out my hand for a handshake and he hesitated whether or not to shake my hand. 

" Hello my name is Sungyeol."

" That's a nice name! Can I call you Yeol then!? You can call me Soo!"

" U-Um sure." We started to talk about our hobbies, what we like, and our families. But when the topic about our families came up, his face went all sad. He told me it was okay, and we talked about something else. Also I found out we were the same age but he is a few months older. Yeol started to laugh at some of my stories I told him and laughed at my jokes too. We were finally walking up this big hill until I could feel myself slipping a few times.

" Be careful." Sungyeol warned me and I smiled back at him for reassurance, but then once I took another step, I slipped.

" Hey watch out!"

I could feel myself tumbling down, sticks scratching me, and I felt pain on my arm. Somebody was holding me though, and the only person I could think of was Yeol. I couldn't open my eyes because I couldn't take the pain on my arm. I felt something warm fall down my arm but then I felt something cover it. It felt like a piece of cloth and I couldn't feel it fall down again.

" Are you alright? Can you hear my voice?" All I could do was nod my head in response. I couldn't make out his face because of the tears I was shedding because of the pain, but when he turned around I saw something red on his back. One of his sleeves was ripped and then he turned back to me. He was saying everything was going to be okay and that was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

That's right! I remember now! I can't believe I forgot the person who saved me at the time was Yeol who is actually Sungyeol! How could I have forgotten about him? Though when I did wake up the next day, I totally forgot what happened, and my parents said I fell down. I tried remembering, it hurted a lot, but an image of a boy kept going through my head.

So that means Yeol, whose full name is Sungyeol, does that mean that Sungyeol from back then is the Sungyeol who I am with right now? I remember back then there was a deep cut on Yeol's back because I saw blood on the back of his shirt. Then when I saw Sungyeol changing in the car one time, there was a scar on his back, and he told me when he was younger he fell down.

I gasped as I realized that the Yeol back then and the Sungyeol whose with me right now, are the same person. I looked at Sungyeol's face and then I remembered the boy back then had a scar the side of his forehead too. That was when I finally realized that they were the same person, and I never remembered him at all.

I-I can't believe that we met before. Now we are in the same situation as we were back when were 12 years old. I-I can't believe it.