Ch. 20- Office

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

" Let me go to work with you."

" No."

" Why not?"

" You will only be a bother for me."

" Pleaseeeee!" I gave him my best puppy eye look and he stared at me but then he kept on walking away from me. I got angry and yanked on his sleeve.

" Myungsoo, stop being like this."

" Take me with you then! Please! I just want to see how you work as Lee Sungyeol of Lee Corporations!" I stared at him for a while and he rolled his eyes at me. He walked off again but then he yelled for me.

" Well are you coming or not!?" Being so happy that he agreed, I ran to the car and got in first. This was going to be my first time going to Sungyeol's work place, and I was going to see how he worked. Even though my dad and him have similar jobs, this was more exciting than visiting my dad. I was looking out the car, and I didn't notice that Sungyeol was changing his clothes.

" W-What are you doing!?"

" What does it look like? I'm changing my clothes. I change my clothes in the car everyday after school." He proceeded changing and I turned away. Though I didn't want to look, I turned around to see him without a shirt on and I saw his scar perfectly.

" That scar. How did you get it?" I saw his body freeze when I said that but then he put his shirt on and turned towards me.

" I fell. That's all." I wasn't very convince of his answer, but I guess I will just have to wait until he tells me. His body is pretty good for somebody who doesn't get enough sleep, eats very little, and somebody who doesn't get much excercise. The scar kept on bothering me though, it was as if somebody dragged a sharp object on his back and th scar grew over time.

" Can you stop staring." I immediately turned red and looked away from him.

It's his fault that I'm staring! Who would even change in the car anyways? Somebody could easily see you............oh wait I forgot the car is tinted, so people won't see you outside. He still doesn't need to change in the car right in front of me!

" Okay, you can look now." I looked at him; he had his suit on, hair styled up, glasses on, and the cover was wiped away showing his scar. Sungyeol didn't look at me, but kept on looking straight. I never noticed his features and if I did, I would have noticed that the two Sungyeols were the same person. Sharp jawline, chubby cheeks, tall, lean but muscular, and his smile. The both of them have the same features yet I never put the pieces together. 

" We are here." While my attention was towards Sungyeol, I didn't notice that we were already here. He got out of the car and I followed him. I had to walk a bit faster to keep in pace with him since he was already inside once I got out of the car. The building was decorated modern yet inviteable feeling to it. We entered the elevator and rode to the top floor where the CEO's office is. Sungyeol didn't speak the whole time and the moment we stepped into his office, there was a horde of people surrounding him.

" Sir, we need you to look over this."

" Sir, we need you to sign this to finalize it."

" Sir, somebody will be coming to see you in a bit."

I saw Sungyeol sigh but then his face got serious all of a sudden.

" Put that over there and I will look over it. Here give it to me right now and I will sign it." He got a pen from his desk, signed it in a flash, and handed it back to the person. Then he looked at the other person. " Call me when they get here." They all nodded, thanked him, and left the place. I was quite surprised to see such a side of him: a responsible side of him that I don't see at school or at home.

Wow. So this is why he is mostly tired when he gets home, and never has time to make dinner for us. Yet he wakes up before me and leaves before me when I didn't know that the two Sungyeols were the same person. I'm quite surprised that he can handle all of this, and that just happened in like 30 seconds! I have to give him some props for being able to handle all of that.

" Well what are you doing? Come over here." I walked towards him and he motioned me to sit over there where there was another desk. " Do your homework."

" You're not my mom."

" Myungsoo." I can tell he was being stern and I didn't want to anger him any further so I did what he told me to. I sat down at the desk and took out my homework, and when I sat down there was a strawberry milk on the desk.

" I know you like drinking that stuff so I had somebody bring it up for you." My face turned red and I didn't know how to react, but all I did was say thank you.

" T-Thank you."

" No problem." We both returned to our work until Sungyeol's phone rang.

" Hello?"

" Sir, the person is here to see you."

" Send him in here. Thank you." From what I was looking at he looked worried about something. I was about to say something but then somebody entered at the wrong time.

" What's upppppppppp Sungyeol!"

" Really Kris? Now you are going to visit me here?" I saw that Kris guy walk over to Sungyeol and he slung his arm around his shoulders. When I saw that I got a weird feeling inside of me and I just wanted to rip Kris off of Sungeyol.

What the heck? He should at least properly introduce us, or else I would just feel awkward. Almost like a third wheel.

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I almost forgot that somebody else was in the room and I knew because I felt lasers pointing at me. Myungsoo was glaring at me and I knew why.

" I almost forgot! Kris this is Myungsoo, Myungsoo this is Kris." Myungsoo got up from his seat and walked over to Kris and held his hand out. Then I saw Kris take his hand but it looked like they were going to crush each others hand. Though it did quite amuse me to see them like this even though I have no idea why they were being like this.

" Okay you guys, you guys can let go of each other." They let go of their grip on each other when I said that and Myungsoo returned to his seat. " Myungsoo, can you leave the room for a few minutes." He gave me a confused look but then he got the message and he left.

" Why is this guy here? I don't like him."

" His name is Myungsoo and he is here because he asked me."

" Does he know? Do they all know?"

"............Yes they all know."

" What!? What do you mean they all know!? Isn't it supposed to be a secret?"

" Yes, but I wasn't able to keep it a secret. What's your problem anyways?"

" I'm......I'm just worried for you! Can't I worry about you?" I looked at him with a speculate look and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

" Thanks for worrying about me, but I will be fine." Kris looked at me and gave me one of his genuine smiles. Then it look like e was leaning forward but just then the door opened and Kris leaned back. Right at the door was Kris assistant: Tao and right next to him was Myungsoo.

" Tao! When did you get here?"

" I just got here this morning," he said to me as he bowed. " I'm here to get him because we have a meeting with his cousin." I looked at Kris as he sighed and he walked towards the door.

" Bye Kris. Bye Tao." Tao bowed at me and Kris waved at me with his back at me. Then they left which left Myungsoo and I, and then I felt a tug on my sleeve.

" Hm?"

" I don't like him."

" Who?"

" That Kris guy. He gives me a bad feeling." I laughed at him and returned to my desk.

" I'm being serious here! I'm just looking out for you because we are friends." Friends, huh? Friends really do care about each other and look out for each other. Though I feel different when Myungsoo says friend than when Kris says friend. Weird.

" Just go and do your homework." He pouted at me and returned to his desk and started on his homework.

----------------------------------------------------------

 

I checked my watch and it said it was 8 o'clock. I streched my body out and yawned and looked over at Myungsoo who had already fell asleep. I nudged him but he wouldn't budge.

" What a deep sleeper." I packed his stuff into his backpack and lifted him onto my back. " You are heavy you know that." The car came around the corner and I put him into the car carefully. Then I slid in the car and when I sat down, I felt something heavy on my shoulder. On my shoulder was Myungsoo's head and he was sleeping peacefully.

" He is really like a kid." I patted his head, laid my head on his, and fell asleep too.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody's POV:

 

" D-Do you want to hang out with me this weekend?" The person was nervously playing around with his fingers and looking at the ground when he said that. Though he didn't know that the other person was happily smiling at him.