Ch. 52- Come Back

The Raven and the Dove

 

A day ago......

 

Sungyeol's POV:

It was finally the last period of the day, and we were handing in our projects. I stayed up these past days trying to finish our project, and luckily I was able to finish on time. I was going to use Myungsoo's camera, but I just couldn't pull myself to look at the pictures. I thought that if I looked through his pictures, I would become sad. So I decided to just use the pictures I took on my camera and finish the project. We weren't able to take many pictures together, but I think the day we went to the beach made it up for us.

The teacher was coming around the aisles collecting our photobooks, and I was the last student. She looked at me, gave me a small smile, and I handed it to her. I was reluctnat to give it to her because all of my feelings were in there. It looked like she was going to ask me something, but she didn't say anything. She went back to her desk, and the bell rang at the same time. All of the students were running out of the classroom and I was the last student to leave.

" I'm sorry to hear about what happened to Myungsoo-sshi. He will be fine, I'm sure of it." She gave me a reassuring smile and I smiled back at her. I believed her words because I know Myungsoo will wake up. He has a strong will and he will wake up, I'm sure of it too. As I was walking to the car, Kris came up to me and stopped me before I could leave.

" Kris! Is there something you need?"

" Both of our companies need to do some work together." From what I could see, Kris was acting a little weird.

" Okay. When and where?"

" Tomorrow and it will be in China. My dad and Suho's dad will be there too, and Suho will be coming along as well." I couldn't believe what he was saying. Tomorrow and in China!?

" W-What!?"

" I knew you were going to be like this. I will just tell them to postpone it until a later date." I knew that if I let Kris do that then the relationship between Lee Corporations and EXO Companies would falter. Just when I was finally able to establish a good relationship with them, they have to ask for us to work out of nowhere.

" Wait!"

" Yeah, Sungyeol?"

" I-I will go. How long will it be for?"

" I don't know. I will text you the information. At least be at the airport by 10 AM because we board at 12." I nodded and I stepped into the car. The driver drove to the hospital and all that was on my mind was that I was going to leave Myungsoo. I promised to myself I was going to stay by his side until he woke up, but what if he wakes up while I'm away. Why does life have to be so hard!?

" Sir, we are here." I looked out the window to see we were at the hospital and thanked the driver.

I was like fast walking to Myungsoo's room because I couldn't run since it's a hospital and I would be disturbing other patients. As I got close to his room, I could see the door was opened a little bit. When I peeked in, there was nobody there, and dragged the chair over next to Myungsoo. From what I could see, it looked like he was doing fine and the scars were healing up a little bit. I placed my hand on his face and traced each scar. At least these scars won't scar his life forever like mine. I would hate it if he had to have a scar like mine because a face like his should never be touched. Then I held his hand in mine and kissed each knuckle. I uttered sweet words after each kiss and prayed he would wake up before I left.

Then I remembered something and dug something out of my bag: Myungsoo's raven keychain. Carefully, I placed it next to the vase that is on a nightstand. I looked back at Myungsoo and I knew tears were starting to form already. I wiped them away but more and more kept on falling. To be honest, I was scared, I deadly scared he would never wake up. I even had nightmares that he never opened his eyes and left this world. He would keep on saying that he love me forever and then he disappeared into the light. I would always reach to him but it was never enough to grab his hand from leaving.

" Sungyeol?" I turned around to see the others standing by the doorway and motioned for them to come inside. I quickly wiped away my tears and smiled at them.

" How have you been?" Hoya-hyung and gave me a warm hug.

" I have been better." He patted my head and went to sit next to Dongwoo-hyung on the couch. It seemed like they brought some food for all of us and put it on the table.

" How about Myungsoo?" I turned to Sunggyu-hyung and shook my head.

" No, though, I think he can hear me. I believe he can hear me."

" I believe he is hearing all of us being noisy in his room," he then looked everybody behind us, " YAH! BE QUIET!" All went quiet and then Dongwoo-hyung started laughing first. After that we all started laughing and it felt great to be laughing like this. The only thing that can make it better is Myungsoo laughing along with us. Sunggyu-hyung replaced the flowers with new ones but they were always the same: yellow roses with red tips.

All of us hanged out in Myungsoo's room and a nurse came in a few times to tell us to be quiet. It was getting pretty late and everybody was starting to leave. Sunggyu-hyung is the one who stays with Myungsoo at night while and we all go home. I hesitated, though. I didn't want to leave at all.

" Sungyeol, is there something wrong?" Everyone was looking at me as they waited for me to leave the room while my eyes were locked on Myungsoo. I walked up to Myungsoo and gave him a kiss on the forehead. At the same time I wished for him.

I wish that you would wake up a soon. I wish that I could be with you once you open up your eyes.

Slowly, I walked back to the door and I waved goodbye, no a see you, to Myungsoo. The others were talking about some sort of party for Myungsoo when he wakes up and gets out of the hospital. I had to question it though: when will that be? Will it be tomorrow? Will it be next week, month, or year? When will it be!? We went our separates ways, and I went home to pack up my things for China. Kris texted me the details about the meeting and how long I was going to be gone. Even though it was like one in the morning, and Hoya-hyung was probably asleep, I decided to send him the text that I was going to be gone. After like 30 minutes, my things were finally packed, and I went to sleep. I was tired but I didn't want tomorrow to come at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day........

 

I was waiting in the airport and glancing at the timetables every now and then. I was waiting for Kris and Suho-sshi to come back from getting food and something to drink. Then I dig out my wallet and looked at the picture of Myungsoo. It was the picture I took of him when we were in the garden at my old home. I smiled as I thought about that day and I could feel a tear slide down my face. So that nobody would see, I quickly wiped the tear away and put my wallet bag into my bag. Truthfully, I didn't want to go but I couldn't deny it either. Suho-sshi and Kris finally came back and we checked that we had our passports and tickets. Just then an announcement came on.

" All those boarding for the flight to China, please come to gate 10." The three of us headed to the gate first since we were first class. We waited in line to get our tickets and passports checked, but I hesitated for a bit.

" Sir, I need your ticket."

" S-Sorry." I handed my ticket to him, and then went to board the plane.

Please, wait for me. I will come back soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoya's POV:

 

I woke up this morning and when I looked through my phone it seemed like I got a message. My eyes grew wide as I read it and I jumped off my bed and got dressed as quickly as possible. I started calling everyone, even though I knew they were probably still sleeping in, but it was an emergency. I was tripping everywhere as I got myself dressed, and right when I got to my door, Dongwoo-hyung was there already. I looked outside and it seemed like he drove here. He looked a bit messed up, and I was surprised because Dongwoo-hyung barely drives, even though he was the first one out of all of us to get his driver license.

" We can take my car! Let's go to the hospital and meet up with everyone else!" I quickly locked my door and he took my hand and dragged me to his car. He pushed me into the passenger seat and he got inside on the driver's seat. Before he turned the engine on, he gave me a kiss on the lips.

" W-What was that for?" 

" To calm us both down. Also I really wanted to kiss you too." 

Dongwoo-hyung turned the engine on and drove to the hospital as fast as he could without speeding. I had to hold onto my seatbelt as he drove because I was scared for my life. This is like the first time I got in the car with him driving, and I'm really glad that I'm the one who drives in the relationship. Right now, though, I have to think about what Sungyeol texted me earlier. While I was trying to sort out my thoughts, Dongwoo-hyung interrupted me.

" Do you think what he said is true? Did he really leave for China? For a year at that too?" I shook my head not wanting to believe it. I didn't want to believe that Sungyeol would suddenly leave to China for a year, and for business at that too!

" I don't know Dongwoo-hyung, I don't know."

We were finally at the hospital and we ran to Myungsoo's room. We didn't care that the nurses and doctors were telling us not to run because we had to see the others as fast as possible. I could feel the walls close on me and I almost tripped until Dongwoo-hyung grabbed me. He smiled at me and held my hand, and we headed to Myungsoo's room. As we got there, everybody was already standing about. I could tell from their expression that they were very worried. I felt like I just ran a marathon, and sat down on the sofa. Dongwoo-hyung sat next to me and began to rub circles on my back.

" Is it true Hoya? What Sungyeol texted you.......is it true?" I looked at them and nodded my head. They groaned in frustration and sighed.

" Why the heck did Sungyeol leave!? He said he was going to be by Myungsoo's side until he wakes up! He.....I don't know anymore." Sunggyu-hyung flopped onto the chair that was next to Myungsoo's bed and look at all of us. To be honest, I was lost, I was really lost as to what we should do.

" When is his flight?"

" He leaves at 12. Even if we leave right now, especially with the heavy traffic, we won't be able to get to him. We wouldn't even be able to pass security!" I placed my hands in my hands and groaned.

" Hoya, are you sure he texted he was going to be gone for a year?" I took out my cell phone and showed them the message.

" It's true. See here is the text."

" I-I can't believe that he is going to be gone for a year!" Sungjong looked away and sat on the edge of Myungsoo's bed.

" Tch. Out of all the times to leave!" Woohyun-hyung kicked the trash can and back hugged Sunggyu-hyung.

" I'm here for you, Hoya-ah. I'm here for you."

" Thank you, Dongwoo-hyung." I laid my head on his shoulder, and I got startled when Sunggyu-hyung yelled.

" MYUNGSOO! ARE YOU OKAY!? MYUNGSOO, CAN YOU HEAR ME!?"

" H-Hyung? W-Where am I?" We all gathered around his bed as we watched Myungsoo wake up. Finally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

Where am I? Why is this place so dark? My body hurts so much. I feel like I'm......dead? Am I dead? If I'm dead doesn't that mean that Sungyeol is alive and safe? If that's true then I'm fine with it. I'm fine because Sungyeol gets to live his life to the fullest, even though I want to be the one who walks next to him for the rest of his life. Life is cruel isn't? Why does life have to be so cruel to me, especially to me. Some of it is my fault though because I didn't realize my feelings for him until the last minute.

I keep on hearing somebody saying ' Please, wake up. Open up you eyes. Please, wake up.' The person keeps on telling the same thing over and over. Also, this person keeps on talking to me and holding my hand. It feels warm, it feels like Sungyeol. This person's hand feels just like Sungyeol's hand. Hey, maybe it is Sungyeol's hand: I guess I will just think it is Sungyeol. I feel kisses all over my face, and they are full of feeling and warmth. The person's lips does feel like Sungyeol's lips too.

Sungyeol, do you know that I want to be with you right now? Do you know that I want to hold you hands, go on dates with you, and kiss you everywhere. I must be weird because I'm even thinking of marriage too. Aren't I weird, Sungyeol? Only if I was able to speak, I would let out all of my feelings at that moment. I pray that I will wake up soon. Even though I can't see the night sky, I pray on each star to see your face. So, please, grant my wishes.

Huh? What's with this light? It's so bright, it blinds me, but it feels warm. I can hear voices. I can hear Sunggyu-hyung and the others. I feel somebody's hand on mine, and I feel a presence around me. Somebody is yelling at me, and it sounds like Sunggyu-hyung. Of course. I don't hear Sungyeol's voice, though. I can't feel his presence. I-It scares me. I guess it's time to wake up, huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

" MYUNGSOO! ARE YOU OKAY!? MYUNGSOO, CAN YOU HEAR ME!?"

" H-Hyung? W-Where am I?"

" You are in the hospital. Do you need anything? Myungsoo?" I shook my head. I looked around the room and the one person I wanted to see wasn't there.

" Where is he? Where is he? W-Where is S-Sungyeol?" I frantically looked around the room for him. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me or something.

" I-I'm sorry." Sorry? Why is Hoya-hyung sorry for?

" What do you mean you are sorry. Please tell me where he is! I-I want to see him!" They looked at each other and I was confused on what was happening. What were they keeping from me?

" H-He....He left for China..."

No.

" H-How long?"

No.

" A year."

No. I-I don't believe it. N-NO! NO! NO! NO! S-Sungyeol, come back, please, come back!

" Myungsoo! Why are you crying? Myungsoo!" I couldn't wipe away the tears away because my body felt so weak. I felt weak emotionally and physically. The tears wouldn't even stop no matter how many times I told myself to stop. My heart just wouldn't listen to me.

Sungyeol, come back......Please.