Ch. 50- In Your Arms

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

Today was the day I was going to go to the warehouse to find Myungsoo. Sunny-noona said that Kim Namjoo is heading into surgery right now, and it will be successful. I paid for the bills so it should be alright, but I'm still going to bring money just in case it doesn't go according to the plan. My plan was: to find Myungsoo, tell Donghyun that his sister is getting the surgery, and maybe he will let Myungsoo go. If that doesn't go right then.....well I will just have to figure it out myself. The only thing that was on my mind was to save Myungsoo, even if I do get injured.

Hoya-hyung made me go to school today even though I kept on protesting. He wanted to keep an eye on me before I went to the meeting place. My secretary is supposed to bring the case of money to me right after school, and then I will go to the warehouse. In all of my classes all I could think of how was Myungsoo is doing right now. Is he afraid? Is he hurt? Is he okay? I hated the thought that Myungsoo was in the same place where my parents and I were taken to when we were kidnapped. I didn't want to revisit the place, but I had to for Myungsoo. I can't think for myself because right now the most important thing was to bring Myungsoo home safely and sound.

In order to make sure the teachers and students were wondering why Myungsoo wasn't at school, we told the office that he was sick. We didn't want everybody to know that Kim Myungsoo got kidnapped by Kim Donghyun. If that were spread, who knows what will happen to the school. Honestly, I felt lost and lonely without Myungsoo. We would always be talking in class or pass notes to each other when the teacher wasn't looking. When I walk in the halls to the next class, I felt scared. Myungsoo would always be walking right next to me blocking off everybody who tried to get close to me. I was truly grateful for having Myungsoo next to me.

As I was making to my way to the last class of the day, two freshman came up to me. They were twins, and if I'm sure, I thought I saw them with Donghyun the day when he beated up Minwoo and Sungjong. I could tell they were really nervous so I dragged them to an empty classroom. Whatever they had to say to me, I wanted nobody else to hear. Just in case it was something about Myungsoo and Donghyun.

" S-Sungyeol-sshi."

" Yes?"

" My name is Youngmin and on my side here is Kwangmin. Our brother....Donghyun.....please stop him." My eyes grew wide when they said brother in the same sentence with Donghyun.

" B-Brother? So you guys are his little brothers?" They both nodded at me and I sighed in frustration.

" Please stop him. We don't know how to stop him anymore. He is pushing things too far, and I'm afraid he will hurt somebody or himself. Please stop him, we don't want to see him hurt anybody or himself." I placed each of my hands on one of their shoulders, and looked at them.

" I will do my best. Until then, I want you to go to Lee Hospital and wait for your sister to come out of the surgery room. Got it." It wasn't meant as a question but an order.

" She is getting surgery for her eyes!?" I smiled at them and nodded. I could see tears in their eyes, and they bowed to me.

" Thank you very much!" They ran out of the classroom and I stayed in there for a few minutes. To be truthful, I don't know if I can keep that promise to them. I don't know if I will be able to keep any harm off Donghyun because when I see him I might just want to kill him. The pain and fear he is putting in Myungsoo angers me, and this time I will do something about it. I will not just lay there helpless: I will protect the people who are important to me.

After I let the empty classroom, I went back to my classroom even though I was late. I didn't really care, but I would see a worried expression on the teacher's face. I went to my seat and stared out the window. This is the last class of the day, and once it's over, I'm running out of here and heading to the car. My heart was beating really fast during class. The thought of being able to have Myungsoo in my arms once again makes me happy, but the thought of him seeing hurt makes my heart wrench in pain. I promised that I would never let the most important people get hurt because of me, but now this has to happen. This is why I don't like getting close to others, but I guess that was inevitable.

The bell finally rang, and I headed out of the classroom. Then I went outside and waited by the gates for the others. I could see them running to me, and the first one to come to me was Hoya-hyung. He pulled me into a hug, and I could feel him shaking. I placed my arms around him and hugged him tightly. I wanted to tell him that everything was going to be okay and I will come back home safely. I will bring Myungsoo home safely too, and I will put Donghyun in his place. I wanted to tell him all of that, but the words weren't coming out of my mouth. Tears were soaking through my shirt, and that was when I knew Hoya-hyung was crying. I know that he doesn't want to see his little brother get hurt and go through the same experience again.

" Be careful okay?" I nodded and he finally released me. Each one of them gave a hug to me, and I got into the car. They all had a scared and worried expression on, and I was scared too. I was scared for what was going to happen, but I know what I had to do.

" I will come back safely with Myungsoo. I will see you guys later. Remember the plan right?" All of them nodded to me, and the car drove away.

" Mr. Lee, here is the case of money. Please, be careful." My secretary gave me the case, and I opened to check that it looked good.

" Looks good. Thank you." I closed up the case, and waited until we got there.

I'm coming for you Myungsoo. Wait for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I was on the floor with bruises all over my body. When Donghyun came back from wherever he was last night, he beated me up to the point I was unconcious. I had a few cuts on my body, but luckily none of my bones weren't broken. I crawled to the wall and tried to sit up straight. It really hurted trying to sit, but it was better than lying on the cold cement. Then I noticed there was a little blood where I just moved from, and I wiped my mouth with my shirt. There was dried blood, but at this point I didn't care. As long he didn't kill me then I still had a chance to get out of here.

From the limited light, I could at least tell it was at least a bit later than noon. It felt like I have been in here longer than two days, but maybe it's the pain I have experienced. Then a thought came across my mind- this is how Sungyeol must have felt when he got kidnapped. How he got hit in the guts, and to see his parents get hurt right in front of his eyes. Just thinking made myself be more in pain. All I wanted right now was for somebody to find me and get me out of here. Though the reality might me that I die here. Sad isn't?

" It seems like you aren't hurt that badly." I looked up to see Donghyun sitting on the chair I was tied to. He had a smirk on his face and I scoffed at him.

" Why didn't you kill me yesterday?"

" Hmm.....because Sungyeol wouldn't come then." My eyes grew wide when he said Sungyeol.

" S-Sungyeol?"

" Yep! Lee Sungyeol! The one and only!"

N-No! Sungyeol can't come here! This must be a trap to lure Sungyeol out here. I can't warn him though! I'm so useless! Sungyeol......I can't let him get hurt. I don't want to lose him.

" What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

Shut up.

" Can't speak? Shocked that Sungyeol is coming here. Let's just say he will get a little surprise."

Shut. Up.

" I feel bad for your friend because he doesn't know what he is getting in to."

" SHUT UP! LEAVE SUNGYEOL ALONE!"

" Oh! It seems like you can speak. Whatever. Not my problem if he gets hurt. He should be here soon anyways."

No! Sungyeol please don't come here! I beg of you! Don't come here! He is going to kill you! I-I can't lose you.........

" I'm going to go out for a little bit. Okay?" Donghyun left and I sat there.

Why? Why does it have to be Sungyeol who has to save me? Sungyeol shouldn't even be helping me! I don't want him to go through the same thing again! That night when he told me about his past- I don't want him to go through it all over again. I want to be able to protect him even if that means that I have to use my body. My body might be in pain right now, but I would do anything to protect him. Even if all of my bones get broken.......or even if I die.

Then all of a sudden I heard the door open once again. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer. I tried to stand up and was going to fight off Donghyun. My body was a bit unstable, but if I was able to do anything to stop Donghyun, then that's fine with me. I couldn't let him hurt Sungyeol at all. My steps were a bit off, but I heard a voice. He was saying my name, but it didn't sound like Donghyun's voice. The person was getting closer and then I fell to my knees. I felt warms around me. I know this warmth, and I'm very sure it wasn't Donghyun.

" S-Sungyeol."

" Myungsoo! Are you alright!?" I looked up at him to see tears falling down from his face. I wiped them away gently and placed my hands on his cheeks.

" I'm fine now that you are here." He hugged me once again, and I placed my head on his shoulder. 

" I'm so sorry! It's my fault that you are hurt! I'm sorry." I shook my head in disagreement.

" I'm fine Sungyeol. It's not your fault. Not your fault at all.........Sungyeol."  He pulled away from me and I looked into his eyes.

" Hm?"

" Sungyeol.....I lo-"

" Well, well, well. What do we have here? It seems like you found each other." We turned around to see Donghyun with two other men. They were getting closer, and I stood up to protect Sungyeol.

" Leave him alone! He has nothing to do with this!"

" He does though. He has the money I asked for. Give me the money." I looked down at the floor to see a silver case. Then Sungyeol stood up and pushed me away a little bit. He was about to give the case to him, but then I saw the other two men drawing out their guns.

" Sungyeol! They have guns!" Sungyeol used the case to knock their guns away from their hands, and hit their heads.

I used all of my strength and ran to Donghyun. I gave him a punch right in the face and he stumbled a few feet away. He wiped the blood from his lips and smirked at me. Then he came running at me and luckily I was able to dodge him, but then I felt somebody hit the side of my body. I turned around to see one of the men who punched me. Sungyeol then came at him with a kick in the stomach, and the other guy was coming right at him. Before he could even touch Sungyeol, I pushed the guy into a pile of boxes. The boxes fell on him, but that wasn't the end of it; Sungyeol was still fighting off the other guy and Donghyun was still standing up.

Without thinking, I ran up to Donghyun and gave him a kick in the stomach. He clenched his stomach from the pain, and I smirked at him. It didn't make him give up though. He started to come at me and before I knew it he landed a punch on the side of my face. I could feel my body get weak, and I was stumbling a bit. When I looked over at Sungyeol, the guy had him in his arms. I jumped on the guy and he let go of Sungyeol. He threw me off his back and I landed on the ground very hard. Sungyeol quickly came over to me and helped me up. Now our backs were pressed against each other, and Donghyun was facing me and the other guy was on Sungyeol's side.

" Myungsoo."

" Hm?"

" At the count of three we both go down onto the floor."

" What!?"

" Just do it!" I nodded my head and waited for him to count.

" 1......" Both of them were coming right at us with death glares.

" 2......" They were holding out their fists.

" 3......" They were right in front of us, and then we both went down to the floor. We rolled away from them, and it seemed like they punched each other. Donghyun's punch must have been effective because now the other guy was on the floor unconcious.

" Bastards. You are going to pay for this!" He kicked me in the stomach and I clenched in in pain. Then he grabbed Sungyeol by the collar and gave him a few punches. My body wouldn't stand up no matter how many times I told it to. Sungyeol was able to land a few punches on him too, but I can tell Sungyeol was getting tired. At this point, who knows who was going to fall first. Sungyeol then looked at me, and my eyes grew wide. He shouldn't be looking at me, instead he should be looking at Donghyun. I grew in panic when I saw Sungyeol fall down to the floor. I got up immediately but my body froze when I saw Donghyun pull out a gun.

No! No! NO! I can't let that dream come true! I can't let that happen!

" Say goodbye to your life!"

" Sungyeol!" The gun went off, and I ran over to him.

" SUNGYEOL!"

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I could feel get myself get tired. Both of our punches had little effect on us, but we wouldn't back no matter what. I was going to protect Myungsoo no matter what, even if I die. From the corner of my eye, I could see Myungsoo on the floor looking at me. I could tell he was scared and worried about me, but I promised to myself I was not letting him get hurt again. Donghyun landed a punch on me as I was looking at Myungsoo, and I fell down to the floor. I started to panic when Donghyun drew out a gun.

" Say goodbye to your life!"

I closed my eyes waiting for impact of the bullet to him when I heard somebody call out my name. This was the end of me, and I would never have the chance of being able to tell my feelings to Myungsoo. The gun went off, and I heard my name being called out once again. I waited and waited for the pain to surge through my body- it never came though. Instead, I felt something warm and wet on me. I felt somebody's body on me, and I opened my eyes to see Myungsoo on me.

" Myungsoo!" I turned him over and went I touched him, my hands felt something warm and wet. I lifted my hands to find blood.

" S-Sungyeol. Are you a-alright?" I loked back at him, and he was in pain. He was in so much pain and I wasn't able to do anything.

" Idiot! I should be saying that to you! Why did you take the bullet for me!? I'm the one who was supposed to get hit, not you!" Tears were falling like a waterfall at this point, and I felt him wipe them away.

" D-Don't cry. S-Smile okay? Please smile." I grabbed onto his hand and held it close to my face.

" How can I smile when you are bleeding. Don't speak anymore alright? The others are going to be here soon." He smiled at me but at the same time tears were falling down from his face.

" Sungyeol, I have to tell you something."

" Can't it wait?" He shook his head.

" No it c-can't. I want to tell you that....."

" Tell me w-what?" Both of us were crying, and both of us were in so much pain. I kissed the palm of his hand to try to take away the pain, but he coughed out a bit of blood.

" I love you. I love you so much Sungyeol. I love you." He smiled at me, and his hand dropped from my grip. His eyes started to close, and my heart started to beat really fast. I could hear Donghyun mumbling something, and in the distance I heard police cars. That didn't matter though, because the one person I love is losing his life at a rapid pace as I held him in my arms. I held him close to me, and craddled his head.

" Myungsoo. Myungsoo wake up! Wake up! MYUNGSOO OPEN YOUR EYES! DON'T LEAVE ME! I LOVE YOU TOO, YOU IDIOT! D-Don't go....."

" Sungyeol! Myungsoo!" Voices were coming closer and closer. I looked up to see the others running up to me, but at the moment I out.

Myungsoo, I love you so much......Please, God, don't take him away from me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: *tears* OMG! Myungsoo just confessed his feelings! But now what will happen? Will Myungsoo live...or maybe not. Such a hard time writing this chapter!)