Ch. 34- Let Me Enjoy This Moment

The Raven and the Dove

Kris's POV:

I carried Sungyeol bridal style, and brought him to my place. Since I went running I didn't have a car to drive, so I had to run all the way back home as fast as possible. I could feel Sungyeol's body heat and he was burning up. While I was running, all these sort of thoughts were appearing in my head. These thoughts wanted to make me punch something and let out my anger.

How could Myungsoo do that to Sungyeol!? How dare he hurt Sungyeol right in front of his eyes! I warned him once and it seemed like he didn't take it seriously. I will make him regret letting Sungyeol go: I will make Sungyeol fall in love with me.

It wasn't until another fifteen minutes that we arrived at me place. I knocked on the door with my foot, and luckily Tao was still awake. He opened the door and he had on a shocked expression. I was getting impatient so I gently pushed my way through and went upstairs. Slowly, I laid Sungyeol on my bed, and went in my bathroom. I grabbed a small towel and wet it with cold water. Then I went back to Sungyeol and patted his face with the towel. I didn't hear somebody come in until they spoke.

" Kris-gege, is Sungyeol-sshi okay?"

" He has a really high fever. Can you go bring some medicine from downstairs?" I heard Tao leave and I went back to tending Sungyeol. From his face, I can tell he is in pain, not just physicall but mentally too. Just seeing in so much pain makes my heart brake.

" I have the medicine." Tao gave me the medicine when he entered and he grabbed a glass of water too.

" Thanks Tao." He smiled and nodded at me. I took out the medicine and held Sungyeol's head up.

" Sungyeol, you have to take some medicine so open your mouth okay?" He must be able to hear me a little bit because he opened up his mouth. Then carefully I put the medicine in his mouth and gave him some water to down it. Luckily, he was able to swallow it and go back to sleep.

" Will he be okay?" I look at Tao who was standing there playing around with the apron he was wearing.

" Yeah he will be. He just needs some rest. Sorry too, you were probably cooking and I interrupted you."

" No it's okay. How about make some ramyun for us then?"

" That will be great. Thanks Tao." He smiled at me and left to go cook some ramyun for us.

I sat next to Sungyeol and kept patting his face with the towel. Sungyeol would groan in pain at times and there were a few times that some tears slipped from his eyes. Gently, I would wipe them away and kiss his eyes hoping to take away the pain. I kept hearing something though, I heard him saying somebody's name so I leaned in a bit.

" M-Myungsoo..........Please.........D-Don't leave me......M-Myungsoo...I-I love you." Anger boiled inside of me when he called out for Myungsoo.

Why Sungyeol? You shouldn't be calling out for his name anymore, don't look at him anymore, and just look at me. Call out my name, look at me, and say you love me! I want you to stop hurting yourself, but you keep it inside of yourself. All I ask of you is just give me a chance.

" Kris-gege, the food is ready." I turn around to see Tao with two bowls of ramyun and I heard my stomach grumble. After all of the running, I must have got really hungry.

" Thanks Tao." I grabbed the bowl that was in hand and he sat down in the chair next to me. We began eating our ramyun when Tao spoke.

" Do you like him?" I started to choke on my noodles and Tao helped me by patting my back. " S-Sorry I didn't mean to make you choke on your noodles."

" N-No, it's okay, that was just a bit unexpected." It went silent for a while until Tao brought the topic back up again.

" So do you like him?" I sighed and decided to finally tell him.

" Yes, I do like him.....but I think I love him too." I looked from the corner of my eye to see Tao intently staring at Sungyeol, but then he smiled.

" Well, he is lucky to have somebody like you to love him. I'm going to go to bed." He took my bowl on ramyun, but I noticed that he didn't even touch his ramyun. Once he left the room, it was only Sungyeol and I.

Carefully, I sat down next to Sungyeol again and made sure I don't disturb him sleeping. I touched his forehead and it seemed like his temperature went down a little bit. Without trying to wake him up, I brushed away his bangs and caressed his face. My fingers traced his eyes, nose, and then his lips. My curiousity got the better of me when I thought of how Sungyeol's lips would feel like against mine. Our faces got closer and closer as I leaned forward but something stopped me in my tracks.

" M-Myungsoo." I back away immediately, and stood up. I was feeling frustrated again so I decided to go take a shower and go to sleep for the night. I went into the bathroom and slid down on the bathroom door.

" When will you stop saying his name Sungyeol? When will you stop your feelings for him?" I put my head in my hands for and sat there for a while.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The next day....

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I felt so tired when I woke up this morning. Though something felt off, like the bed didn't feel like mine, and I didn't feel like I was in my own room. I opened up my eyes to see myself not in my room. When I got off the bed too quickly, my head started to spin around, but luckily somebody caught me.

" Are you okay Sungyeol-sshi?" I looked up to see Tao holding onto my arms, and he was already in his school uniform. Taking in my surroundings, I finally realized I was in Kris's home.

" W-Why am I here?"

" You don't remember? Kris found you about to pass out, and brought you here when you did pass out." Oh yeah, that's right. I remember now.

" O-Oh right. Where is he anyways?"

" He left for school already. He called in for the both of us saying we are going to be late for school. Also don't worry about Myungsoo-sshi, Kris-gege sent a text to him through your phone saying you had some business to deal with last night." I only nodded as my response. Tao then left me in the room to grab me something and came back. In his hand was a uniform and he handed it to me.

" This is your uniform, Kris had it cleaned for you."

" Thank you, Tao." His eyes grew wide when I said that.

" Is there something wrong, Tao?"

" N-No! It's just this is the first time you have called me with using formality." I laughed at his response and stood up.

" Then you can call me Sungyeol-hyung then! How does that sound?"

" T-That sounds good." Tao was looking down at the floor and I could notice a little faint blush on his cheeks.

" Haha! Anyways I'm going to quickly change and we can head out." Tao then left the room for me to change into my uniform. I was still feeling a bit sick, but I felt fine enough to go to school.

I quickly put on my uniform and headed downstairs where Tao was waiting for me. We then headed out the door and walked to the car that was waiting for us. My head was getting a bit dizzy from the car ride, but I tried dealing with it as best as I could. Sometimes I would cough, but I felt fine so far. Though that didn't go past Tao.

" Are you sure you want to go to school? I can you send you back and you can rest a bit more."

" No, it's okay. I should go to school or else my hyung would get paranoid as to why I wasn't at school." He just nodded his head in response to me and continued to stare out the window. The only thoughts that were passing through my head though was what I saw last night.

So....I guess that does mean Myungsoo and Sungjong are together. Maybe the times when Myungsoo got interrupted was when he was going to tell me Sungjong and him got together. Maybe I saw it wrong?............Why are you kidding yourself Sungyeol? Of course they are together! You saw them kissing!

Before I knew it, we were already at school and I did not want to go in. Truly, I didn't want to face Myungsoo right now because I was afraid I might just brake down or worse......Punch him right in the face. I got out of the car slowly, and made my way to the the school doors. Tao was right next to me so I guess I felt a little bit better. He told me we just arrived during lunch so we headed to the lunchroom. As we entered I saw Myungsoo and the others and I saw Kris with some of his friends at one table.

" Well, I will see you later Sungyeol-hyung." Tao walked towards Kris, and Kris looked at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Then I walked to the other table and sat down next to Hoya-hyung.

" Oh Sungyeol! Where were you this morning? Myungsoo said last night you had to go to the office for some last minute work."

" U-Um yeah! I had to finish up some things that I forgot. I just arrived because I slept at the office and accidentally slept in." Hoya-hyung seemed to bought it and I let out a sigh of relief. What caught me though was Sunggyu-hyung's stare at me. His eyes seemed sad and guilty for some reason, but I don't know why. Then my eyes drifted over to Myungsoo and Sungjong who were talking to each other and they were like really close to each other. Jealousy was boiling inside of me, and I let out some words I didn't want to say.

" So, Myungsoo and Sungjong, you guys are going out with each other right?"

Woohyun-hyung spit out his drink, Hoya-hyung started choking on his food and Dongwoo-hyung had to pat his back to help him. Sunggyu-hyung stared at me with big eyes, well as big as they could go, and his mouth was closing and opening. Myungsoo and Sungjong just stared at me with shocked and surprised faces, and I just stared back at them. I didn't feel like saying anything more so I took Hoya-hyung's pizza and took a bit out of it.

" H-How did you know?" Myungsoo spoke up first it seemed like.

" It's quite obvious. You guys are so close that it's impossible not to think you guys are together, and let's just say I had a feeling." I continued eating the pizza as I spoke and right now I didn't give a care in the world that I was talking with my mouth full of food.

" R-Really? How come nobody else figured that out then? The only person who knew was Sunggyu-hyung!" I dropped the pizza onto the tray and looked at Sunggyu-hyung. I saw him looking down at his lap but I couldn't blame him. He is the only one who knows that I like Myungsoo, and I know he couldn't do anything between his little brother and Sungjong.

" Because the others are dense that's why! Anyways I have to go and get something, seeya." I stood up from the table and walked out from the lunchroom. I continued walking until I was in the garden that was behind the school. Usually I would go to the roof but I since it was a pretty nice day, I chose to go to the garden.

The garden has bunch of different type of flowers; lilies, daisies, sunflowers, and my favorite flower- roses. I walked towards the area which had roses and found the same roses that are in my garden back at my parent's house. The one rose that stood out to me though were the yellow roses with red tips: friendship with the promise of love. I scoffed at that rose because I didn't believe in that sort of meaning. I took one of those roses though and held them in my hand though.

Then I sat down on the fountain that was close by and looked at myself through the reflection. I ripped each piece of the petals from the rose and dropped them into the fountain. With each petal that fell, they made little rings, and my face became distorted. This is how I exactly feel; I'm all over the place with my feelings, I want to be happy for Myungsoo but then I want to cry my eyes out, and right now I feel so confused. After ripping out each petal, all I had left was the stem.

" Sungyeol?" I looked up from the stem to see Kris walking towards me.

" It's you Kris."

" Were you hoping for somebody else." Yes. Yes I was hoping for somebody else, but I can't tell you that.

" No I wasn't. Anyways, why are you here?"

" I thought you might need some company so I followed you."

" You are such a stalker."

" Yah! I am not a stalker!" He lightly punched my arm and I punched him back.

" Haha! Sorry, I just wanted to crack a joke between us. Also I wanted to thank you for carrying me back to your house. I must have been heavy."

" Yeah, you weighed like one thousand pounds!" It was my turn to punch him in the arm.

" Yah! I don't way that much! Anyways, I wanted to say thank you. It must have been horrible for you to see me is such a state." I was playing around with the stem until he grabbed my hand.

" Yeah it did. It broke my heart to see you in such a state." I was surprised at his reponse because I thought he was going to make joke again.

" W-What? What does that mean Kris?"

" It means that I-"

" Sungyeol! What are you doing over there!?" Kris and my head turned around to see Myungsoo walking towards us. From what I could see, he didn't look too happy at all.

" What do you want Myungsoo-sshi?" I heard anger in Kris's tone, and I didn't like where this was going.

" What do you want with Sungyeol, Kris-sshi?" I also heard anger in Myungsoo's tone, and I needed to stop this before it leads to something.

" Stop it you guys! Calm down the both of you!" They both looked at me and the anger in their eyes disappeared. It seemed like they calm down a bit, and I let a sigh of relief.

" Let's go Sungyeol, I don't like seeing you with Kris." What's that supposed to mean? Myungsoo grabbed onto my wrist and started to walk away.

" I-I will talk to you later Kris!" I shouted that to him before Myungsoo dragged me away, but Kris's expression didn't leave my mind though- he looked sad. Myungsoo's grip on my wrist was starting to hurt though.

" It hurts Myungsoo!" He let go of wrist and looked back at me.

" S-Sorry, I didn't notice that I was holding onto you too tightly."

Instead of grabbing onto my wrist, he held my hand with his and we walked towards the school. The warmth of his hand felt perfect, and tears were on the brim of my eyes. I knew better though because this would probably the last time he would ever hold my hand. From on he will hold Sungjong's hand and walk down a path with him. That thought made me want to cry out loudly, but I bit the inside of my cheek to keep my tears from spilling. What surprised me though was when Myungsoo spoke.

" I'm sorry."

" F-For what?"

" I didn't notice that you were sick, yet all of those syptoms were showing during school. I'm sorry for not being able to take care for you." His grip on my had tightened but it didn't hurt at all, I could feel his guilt from his hand, and I could feel something different but I couldn't pick it out.

" It's okay. I forgive you so don't worry about it anymore." I gripped onto his hand tighter and I felt him grip back.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, but please let me enjoy this moment with you. I promise after today I will get rid of these feelings for you and move on. I know I will cry everyday until these feelings disappear, but I don't want to lose you as my good friend. So for today, right this moment, let me enjoy it to the fullest, and let me imagine that you love me back.

 

 

I love you so much Myungsoo, but I'm afraid I won't ever be able to tell you.

 

 

 

 

(A/N: WOW I REACHED 102 SUSCRIBERS! THANK YOU EVERYBODY! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I'M SO HAPPY! THANK YOU!!!!!! <3 HEARTS FOR EVERYBODY <3!!!)