Ch. 18- Sick

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

The warmth of the sun was beating on me, and I woke up. My body hurted a bit because I fell asleep on the couch that was in Sungyeol's room. Then I realized that I almost forgot that I found out the truth about Sungyeol. That the two Sungyeols I know were actually the same person. I couldn't help be amused that I actually thought that there was two Sungyeols. I must have been so slow that I couldn't piece together pieces.

" I still can't believe that you guys are the same person." I looked over at Sungyeol who was still asleep. I walked over to him to feel his temperature, and it didn't get better, instead it got even worse. I ran downstairs and looked in the cupboards for medicine and after a few tries I found some pills for fever reducers. I took the bottle and went back upstairs. When I came back in Sungyeol's expression looked like he was in pain.

" Sungyeol can you wake up? You need to take some medicine." He opened eyes a little bit and looked at me. His eyes looked so empty but I could tell he was in pain. His eyes looked so deep and I feel like I could just jump into them, but at the same time it was if I jumped in I would just fly back.

" Open your mouth." He opened his mouth and I gave him the pills and some water. He swallowed and he closed his eyes again and fell back asleep. I carefully laid his head down and got off the bed. When I laid him down, I saw the bruises that he recieved yesterday from the fight. The bruises weren't as visible last night because it was dark in the room, and I was more preoccupied on how the two Sungyeols were actually just one.

" You know, you are a pain to take care of." I went back downstairs and took an ice pack out of the freezer. Then I wrapped a towel around in it and went back upstairs to Sungyeol. I saw the bruise on his face was pretty bad and gently put the ice pack on it. Sungyeol flinched at the touch of the ice pack but then it softened.

" That feels better doesn't it?" I laughed at myself because it felt like I was talking to myself. The sight of the sleeping Sungyeol was better than when he was always looking with distant eyes or when he was pissed off most of the time. Even though he didn't tell me the truth about who he really is, I felt like he had a good reason as to why he couldn't. My mom said I have to be understanding of people and that when they want to tell me something, they will tell me on their own time.

The question is, when was he ever going to tell me? After the six month marriage contract? After the school year was over? I took off the ice pack and placed it one the table. I walked around his room with nothing to do, and looked at some of the stuff he had. All of the books in his room were about business and books for studying. There were no magazines or books that you read for fun, and it made me question how he really lives his life. Then I stumbled upon a picture of him and his family, and he was smiling in the picture. He looked happy, more happy than he does now; its almost as if this kid in the picture and the present him are two different people.

I walked back over to him and put the ice pack on his bruise again. It felt like I was taking care of a giant kid and I was the mother. The bruise looked like it swelling down a bit. I touched his forehead again and it seemed like his temperature went down a little bit too. It was almost lunch time so I decided to make some soup for him. It took me a while to find the ingredients since his kitchen was pretty big but empty too. The soup was almost done so I took a taste of it, but I accidentally burnt my tongue.

The pain I have to go throught to take care of him. He totally is taking me out to eat once he gets better!

The soup was finally done and I brought it upstairs carefully afraid I would spill. I put the soup down on the nightstand and tried to wake him up.

" Hey wake up. You need to eat." He opened his eyes a bit and tried to sit up.

" Here let me help you." I helped him sit up and put pillows behind his back so that he sat straight up. I got the bowl but then I realized something.

He wouldn't be able to eat it by himself. Aish. So tiring.

I took the spoon and dipped it into the soup and lifted it up for Sungyeol to eat. First, I blew on the soup and put it in his mouth, and luckily he was able to eat it without much difficulty. I gave him more spoonfuls and pretty soon he ate all of it and I was quite impress that he ate it all. I put down the bowl and laid him back down, as I was about to leave to put away the bowl, he grabbed onto my wrist.

" D-Don't go." He was looking at me with pleading eyes but I had to push away his hand.

" I will be back, don't worry." I went downstairs and put the bowel and utensils in the sink. Then when I was back in his room again, he was already asleep.

" Really? You tell me to go and you fall asleep. I don't get you at times." I went over to his bookcase and chose a random book to read. I sat down on the couch and started to read the book. It got a bit boring after a while and I decided to close the book and close my eyes for a few seconds.

---------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later..........

" AHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP! MOM! DAD!" I woke to the sound of somebody screaming and I saw Sungyeol thrashing about. I ran over to him and tried to hold him down but he was pretty strong himself. He landed a few punches and kicks on me but they were dangerous.

" Sungyeol stop! It's me! Myungsoo! It's Myungsoo!" He opened his eyes and they were full of fear and sadness, and he looked at me for a few seconds and he calmed down a bit. He loosened up a bit, I let him go, and I was about to leave until he grabbed onto me.

" Please stay." I didn't say anything and crawled into bed with him. He snuggled up to me and after a few minutes he fell back asleep.

What did I do to deserve this?

---------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

" Mom! Dad! No! Don't hurt them! Please let them go!" The men were snickering at me and then everything in my world crashed down.

" MOM! DAD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Tears were running down my face and I cried out for them. I cried for them to wake up and smile at me. I cried for them to stand up and pick me up and take me out of here; but my cries were futile.

I was never heard and they never opened up their eyes.

-----------------------------------------

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP! MOM! DAD!" My body started to thrash about and I didn't know what was happening. I heard a voice though; a voice calling for me.

" Sungyeol stop! It's me! Myungsoo! It's Myungsoo!" I opened my eyes to see him on top of me and I looked into his eyes and calmed down a bit. My body started loosening up and he let me go. I was scared,  I was scared to be by myself, so I grabbed onto him.

" Please stay." He looked at me for a little bit and he crawled into my bed. I snuggled close to him and for once I felt safe: I felt safe with somebody that I haven't known for a long time.

Thank you for staying with me, Myungsoo.