Ch. 24- Birthday Party That Comes Along with a Kiss

The Raven and the Dove

Sungyeol's POV:

Today Hoya-hyung and I were going to Suho-sshi's birthday party which was going to have a bunch of other people too. I don't know Suho-sshi except through business, but from what Kris told me.....he liked to do things big. Though one thing has been bothering me this whole week, and that is that Myungsoo has been ignoring me. I don't know what I did to him at all. All I know is that I pushed him, he fell onto the floor, and then he was angry at me for the rest of the week. Even though I was going to try to talk to him about his attitude, I decided to eat with Kris the whole week because I didn't want Myungsoo to feel uncomfortable with me around. Let's just say I didn't know what to do exactly.

" Sungyeol talk to me." I looked over from the passenger seat to Hoya-hyung who was focusing on the road.

" What do you want me to say?"

" What's with you and Myungsoo? Did something happen?"

" I don't know. I don't get what's with him this past week. You should ask him not me." Hoya-hyung could tell I wanted to end the questioning there and put his attention back onto the road. My mind was filled with too many things that I didn't want to be questioned by my own brother.

After a good 30 minutes, we arrived at Suho-sshi's house, mansion to be more exact, and there was a lot of people when we got there. The birthday party is supposed to be more formal like, so I had to bring out my nice suit out when I attend events like these. My suit was a simple black with jewels on the collar of my jacket. Hoya-hyung was wearing a similar outfit as to mine, but his didn't have jewels on it because he was to manly for them.

I got out the car with hyung walking beside me, and once we stepped in, some people stopped talking and were looking at me. It seems like they were surprised to see me at this sort of event since I don't always attend birthday parties. I had to make an exception since it is EXO Corporations that I'm dealing with right now, and I wouldn't like to lose them. I just had to hold in my emotions and deal with all this crap and hope that the night will go by fast. As we were walking towards the center of the mansion, my eyes caught the site of Myungsoo with Sungjong. Also Woohyun-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung, and Sunggyu-hyung were standing next to him too, but my eyes didn't leave Myungsoo. Myungsoo was wearing an all white suit and wearig a white v-neck shirt under the suit jacket. He looked like so handsome in his outfit that even as if the lights were fixed on him, and my eye were too: like an angel. Though the way he was talking to Sungjong was upsetting me a bit, he was too close to Sungjong to my liking. Then somebody tore my attention away from Myungsoo by calling out my name.

" Sungyeol."

" O-Oh it's you Kris. I didn't see you coming up towards me."

" Come on, you still haven't greeted Suho yet. He has been expecting you." As he was trying to pull me, my eyes were still fixated on Myungsoo. Myungsoo then looked over at me for a few seconds but then turned away. I took it as a sign that he didn't want to be around me or even look at me, so I let Kris drag wherever he wanted to go to.

" Hoya-hyung, I will see you guys later. Tell them I have to greet the birthday boy."

" Okay be careful." Then I left Hoya-hyung who was walking towards the others. I wasn't watching where I was walking since there was so many people and I tripped but Kris caught me on time.

" Be careful there. Don't want you hurting yourself." I blushed at his statement, he let me go, and continued leading me to Suho-sshi. I was looking around to see if I can see Suho-sshi but since there was so many people it was quite impossible. After we kept looking around, we finally found him surrounded with 10 other people. They were all smiling and laughing at some joke somebody told, and then their eyes turned towards me. My body started to heat up because of their stares, but I was Lee Sungyeol of Lee Corporations so I couldn't be nervous. I walked up towards them and I was able to figure out that Suho-sshi was the one in the middle.

" Happy birthday Suho-sshi." I offered my hand to him and he shook it happily.

" Thank you very much for coming today, it makes me very happy. I hope you enjoy your evening and if you have any questions just come ask me. Also I hope you stay here long enough because towards the end of the night we are going to play a little, innocent game. Well then I must go greet my other guests! Nice meeting you!" Then he left like that and walked away with somebody following him, which looked like the person was his assistant.

" Don't worry about the game. He is responsible person but sometimes he just likes to have fun so relax, okay? Stay here while I get you a drink."

 " Um..okay.."

Tonight is going to be a long night.

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I was standing around with Sunggyu-hyung and the others until I saw Sungyeol walking over. I was looking at him while Kris-sshi was talking to him and his outift made him look....perfect. A black suit with jewels on the collar made him look much more handsome than any ordinary human could look like. The way how the suit fitted his body just made it more captivating; I couldn't tear my eyes away from him until he looked back at me. I looked away then looked back at him and gave him a cold stare and looked away again, and I saw his mouth turn into a frown.Then I saw Sungyeol get dragged away by Kris-sshi.

" Hyung is there something wrong?" My attention went back towards to Sungjong who I was talking to before my attention was fixated on Sungyeol.

" It's nothing. I was just looking at something." Sungjong didn't really buy it but he knew better than to ask me any further questions. For some reason I could feel somebody next to me stiffen, so I turned around and it was Dongwoo-hyung. I looked towards where he was looking at and he I smirked when I knew he was looking at Hoya-hyung. I pushed Dongwoo-hyung towards Hoya-hyung and he was about to trip until Hoya-hyung caught him.

" T-Thanks Hoya."

" N-No problem."

Those two really need to confess their feelings before they grow too old. Seriously, they are just to stubborn to admit before the other person. Maybe I will deal with them later, but right now I'm just going to enjoy my time.

I looked back at Sungjong again and I was blushing at the sight of him. He was wearing a simple black suit, which I thought looked really good on him. Even though it was just a simple black suit, it made him shine in my eyes. I saw that his glass was empty so I took it to refill it.

" Thanks hyung." I smiled at him and went towards the drink section. My hand was reaching for the ladle but someone else grabbed it- Kris-sshi.

" Hello Kris-sshi." I tried my best to sound nice and look nice by smiling.

" Oh! I didn't see you there. Well here you go. I hope you have a wonderful night." He handed me the ladle and headed back towards his group of people. I poured some more punch into our cups and walked back. Then as I was walking back, through the cracks of people, I saw Sungyeol with Kris-sshi and his group and he was smiling. The smile that I haven't seen all week, the smile that disappeared for a whole week, and now all of a sudden it reappeared. The smile wasn't towards me though, it was towards Kris-sshi and his friends. From the sight of them, I walked back angrly and handed Sungjong back his drink.

" Is there something wrong hyung? You look mad." Sungjong was worried for me and that made my heart feel a little better. I'm glad I have him next to me or else I would be dying here

" I'm alright since you are here. Thanks though."

" A-Anything for you." I could see him blushing and I felt myself blushing along. Then all of a sudden the room went dark and the lights fixated on somebody in the center of the room. 

" Hello everybody! It's Suho! I hope you guys are having a wonderful time tonight! Since it's my birthday today, I would like to play a little game that involves everyone. Right over there is a box that has slips of paper in there and on each of those slips has writing on it. What the writing says, you have to do it then hold that person's hand. If it says a different action then you must do that action! Thank you for playing along!"

The Suho guy got off from the stage and approached the box with the slips of paper. He stuck his hand in and pulled out a piece and I saw him smiling to himself. Then everybody started lining up to get their slips of paper and then it was finally our turn. I grabbed mine and then everybody else followed suit. I looked back at the box to see Sungyeol pick out his and it looked like he was frowning. I turned back to my slip of paper and opened it.

Find the person you like. Well that is going to be easy; he is right beside me! What an easy game!

" Okay is everybody ready!? Ready. Set. Go!" Everybody started scrambling around and immediately I held onto Sungjong's hand.

" H-Hyung."

" Hm?"

" Y-You are holding my hand."

" Yeah so."

" What's yours, hyung?"

" Mine says hold a friend's hand."

" Oh...okay."

I was not going to tell him that I have to find the person I like...not yet.

 

Sunggyu's POV:
 

I opened up my piece of paper and I smiled. Find a childhood friend and hold their hand for the rest of the night.

I looked around for Woohyun and luckily he wasn't too far away from me. I walked over to him and held his hand, and he jumped at the contact.

" S-Sunggyu-hyung. How come you are holding my hand?"

" Well mine said find a childhood friend and hold their hand. So I came looking for you!"

" I see." I saw him blushing and I couldn't help but smile too.

Aish. What is this kid doing to me?

 

Dongwoo's POV:

 

When I grabbed my slip of paper I opened it immediately and my eyes grew wide at what it said.

Find the person who you are always looking at. My eyes went towards Hoya who was already walking towards me. He grabbed my hand and we stood there awkwardly but after a while it got more comfortable. Somebody bumped into me and my face was against Hoya's chest. I was about to pull away until Hoya held me on my waist.

" Let's stay like this for a little bit hyung." I felt my heartbeat increasing and I was praying that he couldn't hear or feel it. I was glad though, I was glad that I could be this close to Hoya. When I closed my eyes for a second I could hear Hoya's heartbeat and it was beating fast.

Why is his heart beating so fast.....Does he maybe?.......No it couldn't be.....He would never like me.

 

Woohyun's POV:

 

I opened up my slip and I was blushing like mad.

Find the most important person to you. This was the easiest game I ever played. I was looking everywhere for Sunggyu-hyung and that is when I felt somebody's hand in mine. I looked at my hand and looked up at the person to see it was Sunggyu-hyung.

" S-Sunggyu-hyung. How come you are holding my hand?"

" Well mine said find a childhood friend and hold their hand. So I came looking for you!"

" I see." I was blushing like mad and I saw Sunggyu-hyung blushing too.

Sunggyu-hyung, you are the most important person to me. But why can't I tell you? I hope someday I can tell you my feelings.

 

Hoya's POV:

 

My eyes grew wide when I opened my piece of paper.

Hug the person you are in love with. My eyes lifted up to see Dongwoo-hyung looking at me, and my feet walked towards him by themselves. Once I was next to him I grabbed onto his hand even though the slip of paper told me to hug him. It was silent for a while but it got a little bit more comfortable. Then somebody bumped into Dongwoo-hyung and his face was against my chest. I felt my body grow hot and he was about to pull him away but I held onto his waist. I didn't want to lose this chance to hug him like this.

" Let's stay like this for a little bit hyung." He didn't try to pull away so I was happy. I could feel my hearbeat grow faster and I prayed that he couldn't hear or feel it.

It feels nice to be able to hold onto you like this hyung. I want to tell you everything but I'm afraid. I'm afraid what you would think of me. I love you so much.

 

Sungjong's POV:

 

I opened my piece of my paper and I was blushing.

Find the person who is always there for you. I looked towards Myungsoo and before I knew it he was already holding my hand. I was blushing like mad just at this sort of contact with him and I was hoping it wouldn't end.

" H-Hyung."

" Hm?"

" Y-You are holding my hand."

" Yeah so."

" What's yours?"

" Mine was hold a friend's hand."

" Oh...okay."

Thank you hyung for always being there for me.....I think I'm starting to like you.

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I was frowning at the slip of piece of paper I got.

Tell the person you love that you love them.....How the heck was I going to do that when I don't love anybody!? This is a useless and stupid game!

I put the piece of paper in my pocket and when I looked back up I saw Myungsoo holding onto Sungjong's hand. For some reason my heart was clenching and my vision was stuck at the sight of them. Almost like no matter how much I wanted to turn away, my body wouldn't listen to me. Myungsoo and Sungjong looked so happy just holding hands, and here I am by myself. Myungsoo was smiling because of Sungjong, and I was the one who made him mad this whole week. I guess the person that can only make him smile is Sungjong.

I was about to walk away because I couldn't stand being here anymore until I felt somebody's hand on my wrist. I turned around to see Suho-sshi holding onto me. He smiled at me and pulled me towards the stage and he called out to everybody.

" I guess it looks like everybody found somebody! Okay well it's time to do mine and mine is..............Kiss somebody on the lips who has caught your eye since the beginning of the night. And here he is! Lee Sungyeol-sshi!"

Suho-sshi was getting closer to me and I couldn't move away. I felt frozen onto the stage and I couldn't dodge his kiss. He was getting closer and closer to my face and I closed my eyes. I was embarrassed to face all of the stares everybody was giving to us. Then I felt something on my cheeks and not my lips. Suho-sshi kissed my cheek and not my lips and I was shocked like really shocked.

" Haha, everybody I was just kidding! It was cheeks not lips! Well I hope everybody had a great time tonight thank you for coming!" Then his attention went back towards me.

" Sorry Sungyeol-sshi but you did catch my attention tonight. Well got to go before two people come kill me. Thanks you for coming!" Then he left me like that and I felt somebody guiding me down from the stage.

" You alright Sungyeol?"

" K-Kris.......I don't ever want to get close to your cousin ever again."

" Haha! I understand ya. Now come on, how about we get you something to drink. I let him lead me to the drink section and on the way there I looked at Myungsoo: he was glaring at me again. To be more exact he looked mad at me and then his attention went towards Sungjong again. I felt my heart clench again but I didn't know why.

" Kris."

" Hm?"

" It...hurts."

" What!? Does your head hurt? Do you need some fresh air?"

" No.....my heart hurts."

" S-Sungyeol." He left the drinks at the table and led me to a corner where nobody would see us. Then I felt his arms wrap around me and I let the tears fall once again. This time I didn't know why I was crying or why I was in so much pain. All I know is that I needed to let my tears out.

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Dang that was quite a bit. Well I hope you enjoy! Comments are appreciated!)