Ch. 23- Nightmares of the Past

The Raven and the Dove

" Mom! Dad! Please don't do it! Please don't! Please! Mom! Dad! Please don't hurt them! Don't hurt them!

Tears were falling down my face, and I felt like the air was taken out of my lungs. I could see my mom and dad being held back by two men. I could see tears falling down their faces, but they were trying to be strong for me.

" I love you. Be strong okay? We will always be watching over you."

" Don't say that mom! You guys can't leave me! Please I beg of you! Don't hurt them!" More tears fell down my face, and I couldn't see them. I ran over to them but a man held me back. The man made me face my parents but the tears made it impossible for me to see. Then I saw them fall to the ground and I screamed out for them. I kept on screaming but they never stood up, they never uttered out a word to me, and they never breathed. Tears constantly fell and the man came over to me. He was smiling at me and I saw knife in his hand.

" Please don't! Don't! Don't!" The man never heard my pleas and the knife was pressed against the side of my face. I could feel the knife press into my skin and slide down. The pain was excruciating and I screamed loudly. Before he can do any more damage, the police barged through the door, and pinned down the men. Somebody came over but before I can say anything, everything went blank.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol's POV:

" RINGGGGGGGG!"

I heard my alarm go off and I woke up immediately. My head was spinning and was in pain. I took out pills from the drawer again and swallowed them. The pain went away after a while. I sat there on my bed with my head in my hands when I noticed that my body was covered in sweat. I took off my sweaty clothes and took a shower right away. The shower washed away the sweat from my body and took away the shakiness in my body. After I was done, I put my uniform on, and walked downstairs. I checked the time and it was only 7:00 AM and school didn't start until 8:00 AM. I made some breakfast for us and when Myungsoo came downstairs, I was finished cooking.

" Good morning!"

" Oh.....good morning." I placed the food in front of him and sat down next to him. I tried to eat as much as I could, but I didn't have much of an appetite.

" Is there something wrong?" I looked up at him and noticed that he was already done, and was looking at me and my full plate of food.

" It's nothing. Here let me put out plates away and we can head to school." As I reached out for his plate, he grabbed my wrist. I stiffened at the feel of his hand on my wrist and froze.

" Tell what is wrong. You can trust me, you know that. We are friends, and friends are there for each other." My body felt warm because I was happy that he was worried about me, but I wasn't ready to tell him yet. Not yet.

" I'm fine, really, I'm fine. Now come on, we have to get to school." I pulled my wrist from his grip and headed into the kitchen to put our plates into the sink. Then I grabbed my bag and headed for the door with Myungsoo following me. We entered the car and it was silent the whole ride there. In the car I was looking out the window, how everything we pass by everything fast. It made me realize that so many years have passed by since then, but I haven't been able to let go. To be more exact, it wouldn't leave me.

" Are you sure you are okay?" My attention went towards to Myungsoo who was seriously worried for me.

" I'm fine so stop worrying." I ruffled his head and looked out the window again.

--------------------------------------------------

At school.......

 

Myungsoo and I walked to our class in silence. It was awkward actually since we would usually talk on our way to school, but I guess I didn't have the energy to say anything. While we were passing by people in the hallways, I bumped into somebody. I turned around to see who it was and the person was with Minwoo-sshi. Minwoo-sshi gave me an apologetic face and continued walking with that guy. Then the guy turned around and glared at me and I remembered that he was the one who was bullying Sungjong and Minwoo-sshi.

Why is Minwoo-sshi with him? It couldn't be that they are dating are they? If they are, why would Minwoo-sshi agree?

I looked away from the guy and continued walking with Myungsoo to class. When we got into the classroom, I sat down at my seat and placed my head on my desk. Then I heard somebody come in and yell for Myungsoo.

" Myungsoo-hyung!"

" Oh, hey Sungjong-ah!" I lifted up my head to see Sungjong walking towards Myungsoo and I, and he gave me a worried look. I knew that he was going to ask me if I was okay, so I smiled at him to make sure he doesn't ask me. Sungjong smiled back at me and he continued talking with Myungsoo.

" Myungsoo-hyung."

" Hm?"

" I just wanted to say thanks again for hanging out with me yesterday."

" No problem. Anything for you!" I could feel my heart tightening at their conversation, but I couldn't figure out why.

So that's why Myungsoo ran out of the house so fast yesterday. He wanted to be with Sungjong yesterday. How typical. Of course he would go hang out with his crush and leave me alone.........Wait, I'm not jealous at all! Not jealous!

" Sungyeol" I look around to see Kris in front of me holding something in his hand. Then he held in front of me and I took it. I opened and it said that there was going to be a birthday party for Kim Joonmyun, known as Suho, this weekend. It seemed like all the big companies were invited to it and I was invited. I couldn't really deny it since their company is one of the few relationships we try to keep together.

" Is it this weekend?"

" Yeah. You know how Suho can be.....He tends to exaggerate things a bit. So you coming or not?" Kris was smiling at me while he was talking to me.

" I wouldn't miss it for the world."

" Good. Also I need to see you during lunch. Meet me on the rooftop." Then he went back to seat before I can ask him why. Myungsoo then got my attention when he took the invitation out of my hand.

" You got one of these too? My dad texted me earlier saying that I have to go to this with Sunggyu-hyung. Well, it seems like we will see each other than." I grabbed my invitation from his hand and looked through it again. Then I read the line that said I can bring a guest with me to the party.

The more the merrier huh? I guess I should bring Hoya-hyung with me then since he is my brother. I will ask him about it later.

Class started as soon the teacher walked in and Sungjong ran to his class. The teacher was explaining something that I had no care for in the world, but then I felt something hit my head and land on my desk. It was a piece of paper that was crumpled up and since I was curious I opened the piece of paper.

There is definitely something bothering you.

      -Myungsoo

I looked towards Myungsoo, and he motioned me to write back. Being me, I just threw it back at him without writing a reply. He pouted at me, which was cute, and looked back at the board the teacher was writing on. Again, I didn't pay attention to the teacher and just laid my head onto my desk. I could feel somebody, or two people, staring at me, but I didn't feel like dealing with them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

During lunch.....

 

I was walking up towards the roof because Kris said he wanted to talk to me. He usually doesn't call out for me unless it's an emergency or he just randomnly wants to hang out with me. It must be one of those random days when he wants to be with me. When I opened the door he was already sitting down with some food and two drinks in his hand. His back was faced to me, so I decided to play a little trick on him. I slowly and quietly walked over to him and poked his sides, which made him jump.

" W-What the? Sungyeol!? Don't scare me like that!" He pushed me over and I fell onto the ground laughing.

" Haha sorry but I just had to do it. Aw come on, don't be like that!" I grabbed onto his arm and started shaking him and he started laughing. Then we were both a laughing mess and clutching our stomachs. I could feel tears falling from my face, but they were tears of laughter. After a while we stopped laughing and he handed me a drink a some bread.

" It's good to see you laugh because I knew you were feeling down since this morning. Well more like I had a feeling you were going to be down, so I called you up here to talk to you."

" Thanks Kris. You are a really great friend: somebody I can count on."

" You're welcome. So tell me, what is wrong. Could it be......you are having those dreams again?" I felt myself stiffen when he was dead on as to why I was down in the dumps since this morning.

" Yeah.....but they aren't dreams.....more like nightmares." My thumb was tracing my drink as I tried to find something that will get my attention of the topic. Unfortunately he wouldn't let it go.

" You know you can tell me. I'm here for you.....always."

" I had the nightmare of that day again. It keeps replaying in my head, and it won't go away. It...hurts." Tears were threatening to fall again but I bit my the inside of my cheek to stop them. Then I felt something warm embrace me, and then the tears fell right away. I cried into his shoulder, which was I was afraid was going to get soaked, but it seemed like he didn't mind it. We heard the bell ring so I pulled away and wiped my tears.

" T-Thanks."

" No problem. Now how about we get to class before we are late." He stood up and offered my hand, which I happily took, and headed off to class. Kris dropped me off at my class, but then I remembered to ask him something.

" Kris!"

" What?"

" Who is the person you like?"

" That is for me to keep to myself and you to figure out." Then he left me there still wondering and curious as to who he likes. I went inside the classroom and sat at my seat, and then I felt somebody nudge me. I turned around to see Myungsoo trying to get my attention.

" What do you want Myungsoo?"

" Where were you during lunch? We were worried, well actually Hoya-hyung was more like panicking, but yeah. Where were you?"

" You can tell Hoya-hyung to stop worrying about me, and I was with Kris on the roof."

" W-What? You were with Kris!? Why!?" He scooted even closer to me, and it started to feel uncomfortable. His face was inching closer and I could feel his breath on me, and on reflex I pushed him away. He fell onto the floor and everybody was looking at him and he was red in the face.

" W-What! I just fell!" Everybody turned around by the sudden rise of his voice and he sat back on his seat again. He went back to his desk and didn't speak to me for the rest of the hour.

After the hour was done, Myungsoo and I usually walked together to our next class, but he headed out before me and left me. I realized that I must have embarrassed him and made him angry. So I decided to avoid him for the rest of the day, then as 7th period rolled around I remembered something: the project! We haven't started the project at all and the deadline was in two months!

I entered the classroom to see Myungsoo playing around with his camera and approached him. I poked him but he didn't seem to feel it, so I kept on poking him again and again, until he turns to me. At like the millionth time I poked him he turned to me.

" What do you want Sungyeol!" My eyes grew wide at the sudden loudness of his voice and it made me feel small.

" I-I just wanted to say that we haven't started on our project."

" .........Oh yeah....right.....well we can start it this weekend." It seems like he forgot the party.

" We still have the party though."

" Oh...right.....we can start the day after it then." I was going to say sorry but the teacher stepped in and commenced class.

Great timing! This is why I hate teachers a times, they have impeccable timing! Aish! I guess I will tell him later. He probably thinks that I don't trust him or that I hate him. Why am I always misunderstood?