Ch. 42- Breaking

The Raven and the Dove

Myungsoo's POV:

When I woke up this morning, I thought I would see Sungyeol downstairs. I was quite worried when he came back home because.........because he was confessed to last night. I didn't expect for Kris to confess all of a sudden, and I didn't expect for Sungyeol to like somebody. Even more, him liking a guy! I guess there are some things I still don't know about him. Sungyeol must be stressing because of the confession from a person who has been his friend.

As I walk downstairs all ready, the place was empty. Sungyeol wasn't downstairs and all there was a plate of food on the counter. It seemed like he left before me, made breakfast for me, and it felt like he was avoiding me. I ate the food silently and all by myself, and when I was finished I placed it in the sink, and headed out. I got into the car, told the driver to go to school, and closed my eyes for a little bit.

Since last night he came home, I wasn't able to go to sleep. All I could think about last night was about Kris's confession to Sungyeol. It got on my nerves everytime I thought about the confession. It didn't make it any better when I conveniently heard it too. When I passed by Sungyeol's room, I heard little sobs, but I didn't dare to walk in. I wasn't sure if he was crying about the confession, or about something else. Overall, I was not able to get any sleep last night.

Finally, I arrived at school, and headed to my classroom. Then when I passing in a hallway, I saw Sungjong walking with Minwoo. Then Minwoo left Sungjong's side, and Sungjong walked up to me and said hi.

" Hey, Myungsoo-hyung!"

" Hi, Sungjong-ah. Have you seen Sungyeol?" He put his finger on his chin and shook his head.

" No, I haven't. Why? Didn't you come to school with him?"

" He left before me." I looked down when I said that, and continued walking. Sungjong said goodbye to me and went to his class while I went to mine. When I arrived at my class, I saw Sungyeol sitting at his desk, and Kris was sitting at his. I could sense the awkward atmosphere between them, but I didn't want to interfere. Though I thought it would be good to at least say hi.

" Hey, Sungyeol." He turned around, and from what I could tell, he did not get any sleep at all. His eye bags were deep and big; almost like a panda.

" Oh......Myungsoo. Sorry, I had to finish some business earlier."

" No, it's okay. But you don't look so good." Sungyeol looked down at his feet, but then he looked up at smiled at me. Behind that smile though, I could tell he was very stressed.

" I'm okay. I didn't get enough of sleep. That's all." I nodded my head because I knew how stubborn Sungyeol can be. Especially things like these when he doesn't want anybody to bother him. I turned to the front of my seat, and decided to ask him later when we get home.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch........

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

Today I decided to sit with Myungsoo and the others. I haven't really sat next to them since the day I realized I love Myungsoo. Now I'm sitting with them because I need to have some space between Kris and I. When he confessed to me last night, that was all I could think about. I didn't, or couldn't, get any sleep last night because of Kris. I never knew he had those sort of feelings for me, and all this time he has been supporting me. Sometimes I wanted to think it was a dream when he said he liked me, but it was reality. When we made eye contact this morning, it was awkward as heck.

Then in fourth period, I couldn't look at him at all. I couldn't even look at his back being afraid that if he turned around, then our eyes would meet. I was afraid of losing our friendship the most, but what could I do? If I rejected him then could we go back to being friends? Then if I accepted him, then wouldn't I be doing it out of pity? These sort of problems; I hate to deal with them. I'm not good at feelings, and that is why I keep them to myself.

" Sungyeol?" I jumped when I heard my name being called out, and I realized it was Hoya-hyung calling for me.

" H-Hyung. Do you need something?"

" I was wondering if you are okay? Did you get any sleep last night?" I smiled at him to reassure him because I didn't want him to worry.

" I'm okay hyung. I got plenty of sleep! This pizza is so good!" I took a huge bit out of my pizza and did a thumbs up to him. He laughed at me and continued eating and talking with the others.

After a while, all of us finished eating, and I went to put away my tray. Though I just had to bump into somebody that I really didn't want to see at the moment.

" S-Sorry!" Kris walked passed me and put his tray away. Then I walked up and put mine away, and made sure I was few feet away from him.

I felt guilty to make Kris feel this way, but what could I do? I have always thought of him like a friend, and I never thought of him more than that. Ever since I met him last year, he was like a good friend to me. We didn't get close to each other right away, but after a while I got close to him. He was the first person I ever told about my parents, and he listened to me. The thing is, I didn't cry in front of him. I wasn't able to cry my tears of despair in front of him, but when I told Myungsoo, I cried a river. There are some many different things about them, but they are important people to me. They are the most important people after my family.

When I got into my next class, I decided to rest my head for the rest of the hour. Also I'm glad that Myungsoo didn't bother me about it, because he was also part of the problem. I didn't want to think of him too especially when I had to think about Kris's feelings. To think that Kris knew that I liked Myungsoo yet I never noticed. The teacher finally came in, I looked at him, he nodded his head, and I laid my head on my desk.

------------------------------------------------------------------

After school......

 

I was making my way out of school until I heard some noises coming from the gym. I ran over there when I heard Sungjong's scream. Then I heard MInwoo's sceam, and I began panicking. When I finally got to the gym, I noticed that Sungjong was on the floor with a bloody lip, and Minwoo had some bruises on his face. Then I looked over to see Donghyun standing a few feet away from them, and that was when my anger rose.

I threw my bag onto the ground, ran up to Donghyun, and punched him right on the side of his face. He turned to me, smirked, and kicked me in the stomach. He kept on throwing punches at me, but I kept on dodging them. When I saw an opening, I kicked the left side of his body, and he stumbled a few feet. Then he came running at me, and I kicked him right in the stomach. He was clenching his stomach, and started yelling. From what I could tell, he was yelling in frustration.

Donghyun came running towards me at full force, but somebody stood in his way. Right in front of me was Myungsoo who had his arms out, and caught between those arms was Donghyun. Myungsoo kept on kneeing him, and pushed him away. Then I saw Myungsoo run over to Sungjong and Minwoo, and I wasn't being careful because I felt somebody punch me right in the gut. I turned to see Donghyun looking at me, and he whispered me into my ear.

" You should be careful. You took away one of the most important person in my life. Now, I will make the most precious people to you......suffer." I clenched my body when I felt his fist pull away, and I fell to my knees. Donghyun walked away from the gym, and I could see two people standing my the doors. They were waiting for Donghyun, and left with him.

I stood up when I felt the pain go away, and turned around to see Sungjong trying to stand up. Myungsoo and Minwoo were trying to help him up, and my heart hurted. It didn't hurt because of Myungsoo and Sungjong; it hurted because the ones who were important to me are getting hurt because of me. I walked up to them to make sure they weren't hurt that badly.

" Sungjong, are you alright? Did he hurt you anywhere else?" He shook his head and smiled at me. Though his lips were still bleeding, he still smiled.

" I'm alright. I just have a bloody lip, and maybe some bruises in other places of my body. I'm just going to go to the nurses for a little bit, and I will head home." I shook my head, and I hugged him.

" I'm sorry. I'm sorry hyung wasn't able to protect you. If only I ran a little bit faster........I'm sorry." I patted his back, and I pulled myself away. Then I turned my back to them, and walked to the car. There was only one thing on my mind.

" Take me to the Kim's residence."

" What about work?"

" I will go after I meet the Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim."

" If you say so." The driver drove off, and I sat there with so many thoughts running through my head.

I took the most important person away from him? It's my fault? Why is he hurting the people who are the most important to me?...............It's my fault that Sungjong and Minwoo got hurt.........it's my fault.

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

After Sungyeol left, I helped Sungjong getting to the nurse's office. Minwoo was hurt too, and I could tell because bruises were already starting to form. When we got Sungjong to the nurse's office, we put him on the bed, and Minwoo tended to his injuries. He sprained his wrist, but it wasn't that bad, so it only needed some bandages. Then Minwoo cleaned up his bloody lip, and I walked out of the room to go get my bag from my locker. I was glad that Minwoo was helping Sunjong with his injuries because all I could only do it help with small things.

Though when I saw Minwoo tending to Sungjong, I saw Sungjong smiling at Minwoo. I could see tenderness in his eyes as he watch Minwoo tend to him. The last time I saw those kind of eyes to me were..........Sungyeol when I helped out with his bloody lip. What really worried me though was when I saw Donghyun whisper into Sungyeol's ears. When Donghyun left, I could tell Sungyeol was frozen throughout his body. I wanted to reach for him, but my hands were already helping Sungjong. Then as Sungyeol turned towards us, I saw sadness, confusion, and mostly of all.......guilt. As I was coming back from my locker, I overheard Sungjong's and Minwoo's conversation.

"Sungjong.....I like you, no I love you! I love you so much! We have known each other since we were kids, and my feelings for you kept on growing and growing. I couldn't stop them, but now, now you are already taken. I-I love you so much. I can't stand seeing you hurt."

" Don't cry Minwoo. Please, give me some time to think about it. I like Myungsoo very much, but I need to figure out my feelings for you. When I saw you get punched by Donghyun-sshi, all of this anger just shot out of nowhere. So please, let me figure out where that anger came from, and let me figure out my feelings for you."

" A-Alright. I understand......I will wait."

" Thank you." I sighed as their conversation ended, and I opened the door.

" We should get going Sungjong. Minwoo, we can take you home too." They both nodded their heads at me, and we walked out of the school. Then we got into the car, and the whole entire ride was quiet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We dropped off Minwoo first, and then we made our way to Sungjong's house. We both got out of the car, and I led him to the door to his house. I took his hands into mine, and sighed. I looked into his eyes seriously because this was something I had to do.

" Sungjong, how about we skip school tomorrow?"

" What?"

" After what happened today, I think you need a day off. So how about it?"

" Hm.......Okay! Sounds good to me! Why though?"

" I just want to be with you.......and I need to talk to you about something."

" Okay then. I will see you tomorrow."

" I will pick you up from your house tomorrow then." I watched him go into the house first, and I made my way back to the car. Then I took out my phone, and dialed a number I thought I never would.

" Minwoo-sshi. I need to talk to you."

----------------------------------------------------------------

At the Kim's residence.......

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

I was up in my room when I heard somebody come into the house. I walked out of my room, and I saw Sungyeol come in. This was quite a surprise because this he isn't the type to make these kind of visits. I stood on the top of the stairs as I watched my parents lead Sungyeol to the living room.

" Is there a problem Sungyeol-sshi?" I heard my dad speaking first.

" Yes there is."

" What is it?" Then my spoke up after Sungyeol.

" I want to talk about the marriage contract." Why would he want to talk about that? Does it have to do something with Myungsoo? With Sungyeol's feelings for Myungsoo?

" The marriage contract? What about it?" My dad spoke up again, and I could hear some worry in his voice. Though I didn't expect what came out of Sungyeol's mouth next.

" I would like to break the marriage contract."

" WHAT!?"

WHAT!?

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey guys I won't be updating for a while because I will be on vacation. I will be gone for about three weeks? Until then please patiently wait and I hope none of you guys won't unsuscribe me! I promise once I come back things will get better........or worse......who knows! So please wait! Thank you guys so much!)