Awkward...

Precious Three Months

Eun Jung took Jiyeon, Gong Minji, and Bae Suzy to the Busan for an interschool quizbee. They left for Busan at ten in the morning. The three girls were chosen among the top 30 students to compete, and EUn Jung had personally coached them everyday. As the competition would last for three days, Eun Jung decided to ask her cousin Qri if she would permit them to sleep over at her house. Qri agreed since her parents were in MAcau having their annual vacation.

"Well, Eun Jung-ah, I could see the girls are going to be very much like you in terms of their studies!" Qri commented as she sipped her coffee while the girls were eating cookies. Eun Jung declined to eat anything, saying she was still full from her early lunch.

"I'm proud to say these girls are the best in the batch. I'm anticipating how they'll fair in the CSAT."

"Of course you're expecting it, because you managed to top the exam yourself and beat Juntaro-kun to it. You were amazing."

"Eonnie, you're embarrassing me in front of my students!"

"It's all right, Seonsaengnim, we are very proud to have you as teacher too," Jiyeon said.

***

The first part of the activites started at two in the afternoon. The different schools had a camaraderie-kind of activity. The organizers said its purpose was for the seniors to know their peers in case they'll get to be classmates in college soon. Then, there were also some students who did presentations. Some sang, some danced, and some displayed their knack for declamation. And to make the celebration special, some kpop stars and actors were also invited. The first day was like a party. The second and third days would be the battle of the fittest.

Eun Jung watched her girls dancing to JYP's Dream High. She wished she could also join them as it had been a month since she last danced with Sung Mo. A teacher from a private school in Mungyeong approached her and they began to talk about different topics: politics, the world news, economics, etc.

***

Jiyeon arranged her hair in a ponytail as the practice room became hotter. She listened to the sound coming from the symposium arena wherein Sistar was doing a dance number. Minji and Suzy were practicing their dance steps too. Finally, Jiyeon joined them.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Jiyeon," a voice cut off their  practice. Jiyeon turned to the sound of the voice.

"O, Ji Kwon Oppa, annyeong hasaeyo!" she greeted as she bowed. Then the other guys approached them. Minji and Suzy stopped dancing to greet their visitors too.

"What are you doing here?" CHang Min asked. Minji answered for her friends.

"Geurae? Wow, you must really be intelligent girls!" Seulong commented.

"Ani. It's our Jiyeonnie here who's very intelligent. She's the top of our batch," Suzy said.

"You're embarrassing me!" Jiyeon said as she held her cheeks. Suddenly, her eyes landed on Jin Woon.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Jiyeon.." Jin Woon greeted. The other guys were already exchanging meaningful glances among themselves. And Suzy and Minji were kind of curious about it. But Jiyeon kept her cool and bowed.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Oppa."

"I've heard about you being the top of your batch? Chukhahae.." was Jin Woon's sincere greeting.

"Gamsahamnida."

"O, Jiyeonnie, how come you're very close with the 2AM guys?" Minji asked. Jiyeon glared at her and told her to be quiet. Looking at them was Eun Jung. She was observing everything that had happened.

"Wae?" Minji asked again.

"BEcause I can't tell you, that's why." Jiyeon said exasperatedly.

The guys were listening as the girls were having a minor confrontation. When they saw EUn Jung walking towards them, the guys bowed and greeted her.

"Girls, get ready, it's almost your time to perform. And Minji, I'd like to have a word with you after you girls are done. Guys, I want to have a word with you too."

Seulong and Jin Woon were trembling in fright as the Lioness had her claws out again. But Chang Min and Jo Kwon just nodded. When the girls were called, Eun Jung pulled the guys to a corner where there were no students watching. Eun Jung began her lecture with a sigh.

"Jin Woon, I know very well how you felt for my student. I believe you still remembered our rules?"

"N..ne, Seonsaengnim."

"Good. I'm quite disappointed that you crossed the line by giving Jiyeon your number. Moreover, I overheard her conversation with a friend. You seemed to be quite rude too, don't you think?"

"Eh?" Jin Woon asked, quite confused.

"You gave a girl your number, yet when she called you, you didn't even recognize her? Knowing that you were interested in her and knowing that you crossed the line, you should had asked her number too. I know it hurts Jiyeon to know that you forgot about her. But then again, I'm wondering if you idols are even sincere when dealing with your fans."

"I...I apologized to Jiyeon last night. I know it was my fault not asking her number too because I feared you so much Seonsaengnim. I admit I did give her my number against your directive. But I'm really sincere. I just wanted to get to know Jiyeon because I like her."

Eun Jung remained silent. Somehow, Jin Woon reminded her of Taecyeon. Their willingness to get to know the women they admired made them risk even being scorned. 

"Just..just don't be too involved with Jiyeon, arrasseo? You could text her or even invite her out if you want, but you have to meet her parents first. And Jiyeon is the type of student who puts her studies above anything else. Don't waiver her attention. She dreams of becoming an accountant someday."

Jin Woon nodded. He was beginning to admire Jiyeon even more.

"Gamsahamnida, Eun Jung-SSaem. I promise I won't get in the way of Jiyeon's studies."

***

Eun Jung called Minji. Jiyeon and Jin Woon were having a small talk near the door. Suzy and Jo Kwon were also talking.

"I believe you understood our secret about 2PM?"

"Ne," Minji answered.

"Very well. Listen well, and listen good. I don't want any rumors to leak out about 2PM just because you saw Jiyeon talking with Jin Woon even though he's from 2AM. Just last month, JYP allowed the 2AM guys to visit their friends at my house. Incidentally, Jiyeon happened to be there because she gave something to my mother. And so, Jiyeon and Jin Woon met. Are you with me?"

Minji nodded.

"It's a given that 2AM were not punished along with 2PM, but knowing that 2AM visited their friends would warrant any form of eavesdropping from the press if ever they found out where 2PM guys were. I'm trying to protect everyone here. I'd answer to JYP if news leaked that someone knew about 2PM. So, if ever someone askes you how come Jiyeon is close to Jin Woon, you are to say you don't know. Pretend that you never knew. I'm going to tell Suzy about it too since there are many students here who saw you talking with them. Arrasseo?"

"Ne."  

***

It was a good thing that Suzy didn't ask much about why 2AM knew about Jiyeon, so that when Eun Jung coached her too, she understood right away.

***

"I was amazed when I heard you were first in your batch," Jin Woon said, smiling. Jiyeon just gave a smirk.

"Don't be. It's all because of Eun Jung-Seonsaengnim. I aspired to be like her. I wasn't like this in middle school. I started hearing about her way back then. So when I started highschool, I strived hard to be where I am now. And I aspire to top the CSAT."

"Jinjja? You're being like me then!" Jin Woon said. "I also topped the CSAT when I was in high school!"

"I didn't know that," Jiyeon said, smiling now. 

"Well...why not make me your inspiration too?" 

"You really know how to bluff, don't you?"

"A..ani...Ji..Jiyeon-ah, that's not bad, isn't it?"

"No, it isn't. But then again, i get to choose who inspires me. I wanted to really be like my teacher. Even though she's strict, I know she's not like that outside school. Actually, yes, she can be stern, but she had her reasons, and as much as I want to know what her reasons are, I just won't. Sometimes, people had reasons that they tend to keep for themselves, and we have to respect that."

Jin Woon nodded. He had spoken to Seo Hyun a few times but all she talks about are girly stuffs and her hobbies. Now that he had spoken to Jiyeon, he thought she was too deep. Well, that makes a difference between a city girl from a country bumpkin.

"I just wish we could go out together sometime. I mean, I'm serious. I really want to get to know you."

Jiyeon looked at her teacher who was still talking to Minji. She bet it was an arduous talk to get Minji to keep everything a secret. Then, she looked at Jin Woon again.

"You know, Oppa, I didn't realize my foolish fantasies would be fulfilled."

"Foolish?" JIn Woon asked, confused. He was even more confused when Jiyeon took out her magazine and showed Jin Woon the page she wrote her folly. Jin Woon smiled as he looked at Jiyeon. Grabbing a pen from his pocket, he wrote something on it. Handling the magazine back to her, he said.

"Don't open it while I'm here. By the way, see you around. I hear us being called already. I got to go. Good luck, Jiyeon." And the 2AM maknae walked towards his hyung.

Jiyeon looked at them walk towards the stage. Then she opened the page where Jin Woon's picture was. Beside his picture, he wrote something that made her blush.

"Jiyeon loves Jin Woon..geurae? Is this fan love? Or for real? I'd rather have the latter, and by the way..the feeling's mutual. I like you."