TV Fans

Precious Three Months

Hyomin kept sighing as she looked at Chan Sung being interviewed by the Arirang DJ on TV. His smile just brought hearts out of Hyomin's eyes she didn't notice that her co-teacher Eun Jung was eyeing her in scorn.

"Yah, Park Sun Young-Seonsaengnim, you look very weird looking at that idol on TV. It's as if he'd come to notice you anyway." Eun Jung said as she drank her coffee from her cup while looking at Hyomin.

"Oh, but Chan Sung Oppa is just a cutie!!!"

"You are one crazy gal. Oppa this, Oppa that...that guy is your junior!!!"

Hyomin turned to Eun Jung who was seated beside her and looked at her in spite. "Yah, are you jealous because you have no inspiration of your own? If ever I get to see Chan Sung Oppa, I'd really ask him if he wants to be my namja!"

"Suit yourself, PArk-Seonsaengnim. Idols have their own lives. Get over it," Eung Jung replied as she began checking her students' test papers. She sighed as she listened to Hyomin squeal when Chan Sung did and aegyo.

"Hyomin-ah...can you not make this faculty room your living room?"

"Ham Eun Jung-Seonsaengnim, it's lunch break! Chill!"

"Aigoo...." was the only word Eun Jung can utter.

 

***

 

Eun Jung walked down the high school department's corridors, ready to give her grueling test to her students. On the way there, she met Jiyeon and Hwa Young giggling as they went out of the girls' restroom. When they saw Eung Jung's stern face, they kept quiet and greeted her.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Ham-Seonsaengnim."

"What time is it, girls? Isn't it time for you to be in class?" Eun Jung said as she confiscated the magazine Jiyeon was holding. It had the One Day guys' picture on the front page.

"2AM, 2PM..One Day? What a stupid name for a group," the teacher commented. Both girls remained silent as the teacher scanned the magazine. In a page, someone had written 'Jiyeonnie loves Jin Woon-Oppa' beside the guy's picture. Adjacent to that picture, written across NichKhun's picture was 'Oppa, Saranghe!-Hwa Young'. Eun Jung looked at her students.

"You're too young to be thinking of love. If you have to be thinking of something else, it must be making good grades on your CSAT. Now get back to class," was her stern warning.

"Ne," were the two girls' laconic reply.

Then Eun Jung tucked the magazine inside her class record and followed the two girls to their classroom. When she came inside the classroom, the students fell silent. They all stood up and greeted the teacher. When Eun Jung bade them be seated, she took out the magazine.

"From this time on, all magazines, cellphones and gadgets have to be deposited in a safety box I will be passing around during the start of the day. You came here to school to study, not to slack off. As is it, your CSAT may be too far away, but I don't want anyone caught not taking school seriously. Take it from me. You'll be very thankful when you pass your CSAT and when you will be able to go to college. Close your books and I'll be passing your testpapers now."

 

***

"HAm-Seonsaengnimis very strict!" Jiyeon whispered to Hwa Young when they left the school grounds. Hwa Young turned around to see if no one was listening. To her shock, she saw Eun Jung standing behind them.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" EUn Jung asked. Hwa Young was glad the teacher didn't hear Jiyeon's remark. As Jiyeon heard the teacher's voice, she immediately made an about-face and greeted her teacher. Then Eung Jung handed Jiyeon her magazine.

"Take that with you and don't ever bring it here again," Eun Jung said as Hyomin came running behind her, panting.

"What is it again, Park-Seonsaengnim?"

"Have you heard the news?"

Eun Jung shook her head. "What news?"

"2PM's activites had been cancelled due to a mishap that happened at the Melon Awards last night."

Jiyeon and Hwa Young looked at each other and then back at Hyomin. "What happened, Park-Seonsaengnim?"

Eun JUng shook her head and smiled at Hyomin. "Mianhe, but I am not interested what will happen to their carriers. It's as if it will give food on my table or increase my salary. Now, I got to go. Annyeong," she said as she excused herself. 

Hyomin frowned as she looked at Eun Jung heading towards the school gym. "She really has no life. All she does is teach and exercise. Aish, I feel like I'm out of place around her being so strict and all."

Then facing her two students, she finished her  news. "Apparently, some person managed to sneek in his way to the guys' dressing room and made snide remarks against 2PM. In his anger, Taecyeon-ssi boxed the guy. Now, the guy was demanding a redress as he was talking to his lawyer. He wanted Taecyeon to be apprehended for causing physical injuries. But JYP's lawyers also made a counter attack, saying that the guy was out of his mind, and that they'll sue him too. Because of that, Park Jin Young-ssi mandated that 2PM would temporarily cease their activites for three months while the issue is going on. The other half, 2AM, however, will still continue with their activities."

Hwa Young pouted. "Poor Taecyeon Oppa. I Wonder why the guy came in in the first place. Now, all the members had to suffer." She said as Hyomin suddenly got the magazine from Jiyeon. The teacher leafed thru the pages and was amused at the notes written on Jin Woon and Nichkhun's pages. Then he leafed through again and came to Chan Sung's picture. Then Hyomin kissed the picture before returning it to Jiyeon. Then she bid farewell.

"Hyomin-Seonsaengnimis very cool, unlike Ham-Seonsaengnim," Jiyeon commented as she looked over to Chan Sung's page. She was amused to see the teacher's lip stick smeared on Chan Sung's chest in the picture. Hwa Young nodded. Then they decided to go home.