Nicknames

Saranghae Day Dreams

I went down to the practice room. The door was slightly open and I hear music playing quietly inside. I walk to the door and see Kai. He is sitting on the floor with his hood up. He is bobbing to the now fast-paced music trying to better grasp the rhythm of the song. Suddenly he stands up and starts to dance. I couldn’t bring myself to look away. I have never seen anybody dance like this before. And that is saying something since I am the granddaughter of a president of an entertainment agency. There is just something in the way he moves that is so smooth and graceful, something in the way he whirls and gestures his arms that barely suppress any tension. It’s like if at any moment he will fly away and in a way gracefully land right in front of me. Its magnetic.
Abruptly, he stops. With his back still to you, he speaks out, “If you are going to watch, you might as well come in.” Startled I step forward into the room. Behind the door I find the others sleeping peacefully across the floor. Kai casually walks over and picks up his water bottle. He throws his head back and drinks until he is satisfied. The way he did that enchanted me. I couldn’t move my gaze off of him. There is an awkward silence.
“Breakfast is ready.” I interrupted.
“Oh, alright.” he said.
“Umm. I will wake up the others.” I said turning around. Why so you have to make everything so complicated? Grr..
“Here, I will help you.” He comes over. He bends down next to me and starts to shake D.O. “Yah. Wake up! Kyung-soo-ah. Wake up.” No effect.
“What time did you guys sleep last night?” I asked.
“Uhhh.. 4 a.m. …”
“4 a.m.!! You were supposed to be in bed upstairs by 2!”
“Look, mom. We just lost track of time.” MOM! This is ridiculous. Forget about it Elle. Its not worth fighting about. I looked up at Kai and then at the others, it reminded of the times I was down here practicing. I can’t really blame them. Especially when I used to do it all the time. That’s it. The can!!
Smiling, I walk over to the drawer near the couch. I opened the drawer taking out a white can.
“What is that?” Kai asked.
“You might want to close your ears.” I said still smiling.
“What are you-” I pressed the button cutting him off. A loud burst of noise came out of the can. The horn still works! Auntie Kim bought it for herself to wake me up when I was down here practicing. The boys sit up, with their eyes open from shock.
“GOOD MORNING SLEEPY HEADS! BREAKFAST IS READY!!” I yelled. They all stared at me trying to clear their heads. One by one they headed up out the door, rubbing their eyes. I turned to Kai who was amazed and a little irritated.
“You could have warned me you know.”
“I did. You chose not to listen.” We looked at each other for a minute and started to laugh.
After laughing for a couple of minutes we were sitting in the center of the dance floor.
“You keep a horn in the practice room?” he asked looking at me skeptically.
I giggled, “Yeah, my aunt bought it to wake me up when I was practicing down here. I would always fall asleep practicing so late at night.” I turned to Kai to find him staring at me. We locked our gaze there for what seemed like a century. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. We torn our eyes away from each other and looked at the knocker. It was Luhan.
“Kkamjongie, hurry and get ready. The others are going to eat all of the food.”
“Okay okay.” He said standing up. Fixing his shirt he held out a hand to me. I took it. His touch was warm and soothing. His hand was soft and fit perfectly into my own. Snap out of it Elle. I stood up and we started to walk out the room following Luhan.
Back upstairs, there was a loud argument over something. I guess everyone is awake now. Suho, looked up as we walked in. Kai went straight to his room. “Goodmorning Eggie!”
“Goodmorning!” I smiled. Everyone was already digging in and was immersed into eating. “How’s the food?”
“This is so good, I haven‘t had home cooked food in months.” Xiumin said.
“Eggie-ah, can you make us meals everyday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner?” Tao plead.
“I don’t know..” I said.
“Buing-Buing” Tao said repeatedly doing some aeygo. Sehun eventually joined in. Next thing you know they were competing.
Laughing to their adorableness I agreed. “Okay okay I will cook for you guys, on a couple of conditions.”
“What is it?” Lay said looking up at me very interested.
“Firstly, you have to tell me what you guys want the day before so I can go grocery shopping. Secondly, Make a list of your favorite foods. Third, you guys have to do the cleaning. Lastly, nicknames.”
“Nicknames?” they all said in unison. Kai finally walked in dress with his hair wet. Ohmy..
“What’s going on?” he asked looking at me.
“Eggie said she would make us meals everyday if we apply to her conditions.” Kris answered.
“Nicknames? Don’t you already have a nickname? Keke” Chen giggled.
“Not for me. For you guys. If you guys call me Eggie I want to call you guys something too. I figured this way it will be fair.” There was a silence. Then D.O. started to giggle. Soon, everyone else joined in. “What? Did I say something funny?”
“Eggie-ah, what do you want to call us? You can make call us any nickname you want, just tell us first.” Suho said, smiling.
“Hmmm.. Okay then” I said walking up to Tao. “Tao, Panda oppa or Taotao?”
“Both” he replied. “I like them both” he said grinning wide.
“Okay both it is.” smiling I turned to Lay. “Hmm… Lay, because your real name is Yixing, what about XingXing ge/oppa?”
“I like it” Lay said satisfied.
“Yay!” Next was Baekhyun. “Oppa, when you debut I think everyone is going to call you Bacon” All the guys giggled.
“Mmm.. Bacon?” he said blushing.
“What about Baekie? Or Baekhyun oppa?”
“Hmmm.. Both. Just not bacon since fans will start calling me that?” he said winking at me. Smiling I turned to the leaders.
“Kris appa and Suho appa… what do you think?”
“I like it.” Kris smiled, “But why appa?”
“Well, you both are the leaders and you both are very caring like a dad. It also feels nice to call someone appa.” I said looking down.
“Appa it is.” Suho said, smiling at me sympathetically. Grinning I turned to Chen.
“Chen, hmmm, ChenChen?” I looked at Chen.
“Hmmm.. I.. hmm… ChenChen it is” he said. Xiumin was next.
“Xiu-”
“BAO ZI” Luhan yelled. I look at Luhan and started giggling.
“That was what I was thinking.” I laughed. The others joined in as well.
“I am satisfied.” He said with an exaggerated sigh. Chanyeol what next.
“Chanyeol oppa?”
“Yes?” He said smiling. “I like that one. Simple.”
“Chanyeol oppa it is” I grinned. This is so much fun. D.O. was next.
“Hymjapuja oppa (Person who is rich with white)” I suggested giggling.
“Keke okay.” D.O. agreed. Next was Luhan.
“Hmm… Lulu oppa?”
“HAHA Okay. I love it.” He said smiling. “At least its not baby face.”
“Sehun, what do you think about Sehunnie?” I asked facing him.
“Cute. I like it. Keke^^”  Finally it was Kai’s turn. Hmmm… what about Bipolar poophead, or jerk face, or …. I turned to face him. Our gazes lock and without knowing I knew what I wanted to call him.
“Oppa… Jonginie Oppa.” I said. Smiling he took a step forward and bent down.
“Thanks for the nice nickname, babo eggie.” he whispered into my ear. Frustrated I pushed him away.
“Jerk face!” I whispered back. Laughing he walk to the couch in the living room. Frustrated I turned back to the others. They were whispering also among themselves looking at me than at Kai. I look up at the clock. 9:30. I look down again at the boys. Suddenly, I remembered about the meeting. “Ohmygosh!! We are have to go now. Hurry hurry. I will clean up the dishes and you guys go get your stuff.”
----- 10:30 a.m. -----
We were finally at the back entrance of the agency. For so reason everyone was nervous and was pale.
“Are you guys alright?” I asked concerned. They shook their heads. Right then I remembered what I said last night. “Guys, about the comment last night… I was joking.”
They looked up at me with wide eyes. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to. I…” Suddenly Sehun hugs me, tight.
“Don’t you ever do that again.” he said letting go.
“I am so sorry.” I said to the other members.
“You are forgiven.” Baekhyun replied with a smile.
“Let’s go in now. It is still not right to keep the president waiting.” Kris said. We all walked in. Like my clumsy self I tripped. Waiting for the impact, I opened my eyes to find Kai had caught me.
“Babo eggie” he whispered. I glared at him and our eyes once again lock in place. His eyes changed from cold to gentle and warm. I couldn’t look away. Suddenly, he turned his head. “The elevator. Hurry up!” The other members were already in the elevator. Kai and I ran to catch up but we were too late. I looked around and realized we were alone.