Family Party Pt. II

Saranghae Day Dreams

ELLE’S POV
Lock out…. Again?! Wae!? I am at the back door waiting for Kai to come open the door for me. So much for avoiding him. Gahhh! Suddenly, the door opens and there he is. He was amazingly stunning and hot. He had his hair gelled up which made him look even more… Ohmygawd. He was looking at me with a shocked expression.
“Hi.”
“Hey” he whispered.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing!” he turned around and started walking to the elevator.
Catching up to him, there was a really awkward silence.
“You look nice. Is that really Baek‘s shirt?” he said, know standing in front of me, studying my outfit.
“Thanks and yeah it is.” I turned away trying to hide my blush. I slightly altered Baekhyun’s shirt. It goes down to my mid-thigh, therefore I paired it off with a silver loose chained belt, white shorts, and my statement pumps.
“Hey, does that say EXO on it?” he said taking the pendant attached on my necklace in his hands.
“Oh. I was going to show you guys these. Cool huh? I designed it myself. I think it’s a perfect logo for you guys. Its still in needs of improvement though.” I said smiling up at him.
“It nice.” he said looking at me. We lock eyes for a moment. There was a tingling feeling. Damn… he’s gorgeous. Yah! Lee Elle get a hold of yourself. There was a silence again, but this time it felt very comforting. The elevator abruptly stopped and we were finally on the ‘party floor’. Breaking away from his gaze, I realized that it was time to confront my old friends, him, and business people all in one room, in a couple of minutes. I begin to rapidly shake. My legs felt weak. What if they…. Suddenly, my legs lose feeling and I being to fall. Before I hit the floor, Kai swoops me up and hugs me tightly. We stay like that for a moment. His body heat made the shivering stop. In his arms, I felt safe and unharmed by the world around me. What is this feeling? Why is it that you are the only one that see me like this? Why do you always save me? Why? Trying to catch my breath, I break away from the embrace, but tripped again. Oh gosh, why am I such a klutz? So many questions.. adjkl;
“Nervous?” Kai said holding my arm.
“Just a little.” I managed to let out.
“Just a little?” he said with a smirk.
“Okay.. A lot.” He let out a burst of laughter. Its been a while since I have seen him like this. Its always been that stupid hot smirk.
“Its going to be fine. EXO will be there for you.” I nodded. Leaning on Kai for support, we were now at the front of the door. Okay breathe.. Kai looked down at me with a raised eyebrow, slightly opened that door and walked in first. The door was closed just enough to hide me from the people inside. Through the open crack, I heard laughter and grandpa talking.
“Yah! Kim Jongin! What took you so long?“ I heard someone say. Suddenly I heard Kai speak up.
“Sorry to interrupt President Lee, but can you excuse my fellow members and I for a few seconds. Something came up that I need to talk to them about.”
“Is everything alright?”
“Everything is fine, just a little thing we have to discuss.”
“Well alright then. Hurry back.” Still hiding behind the closed part of the door, Kai walk back out. One by one the others come out as well, surprised to find me outside.
“Wah!! Eggie-ah you look really pretty!” Chen said.
“I like what you did with my shirt.” Baekhyun said winking at me.
“So what’s up. Why are we all out here? Are you alright?” Suho said with a concerned tone.
“She’s nervous. I figured we should all introduce her to the sunbaes together.” Kai said plainly.
“Okay let’s do this.” Xiumin said excited.
“Wait.” I managed to get out, stopping Lay from opening the door.
“Don’t worry. We are all in this together.” Kris said giving my shoulders a squeeze. Nodding, ran behind the guys. The guys turned to me and gave me ’Fighting^^’ signs. Then they opened the door and began walking back inside. The time is finally here. Calm. Happy thoughts happy thoughts. Okay I can do this. Suddenly, I was almost at the opening of the door. On second though maybe I can’t.
“Don’t you dare.” Kai said, holding out his hand. I stared at his hand and back at him. He is just slightly out of the room, signaling me with his eyes to take his hand. I shook my head, motioning him to go back in and leave me outside. Rolling his eyes, he took a step and grabbed my hand. “Babo!” he whispered.
Taking a hold of my hand, he walk in, opening the door wider. Slowly, I followed hiding behind Kai looking down at my feet. By the time, we all went into the room, grandpa was already done with his speech. Now everyone was enjoying the night and chatting among themselves.
“Oh guys, what up? Come and eat some food.” Sunny said.
“Kai-shii! Who is that behind you? Is it that girl the phone?” Eunhyuk said in a loud voice. I blushed putting my head on his back still hiding from everyone.
Clearing his throat, Suho spoke up first. “We wanted to introduce a special member of our group tonight.” There was a silence.

Suddenly, Kai turns around and tries to drag me to the front.
Yah babo! Stop hiding and introduce yourself.” he whispered.
I’d rather not.” I whispered back resisting his effort to get me to turn and face everyone else. We continue like this for what seemed like ages.

"Yup, that is totally his girlfriend. I have never seen Kai act like that before." Kyuhyun suddenly spoke up. Everyone started to giggle and agree. We both looked at each other and blushed.

Luhan suddenly takes my other hand and pats me on the head.Leaning forward, he whisper “You have us. We are here with you.”
Looking up at him, Kai and the others, I took a deep breath and very slowly turned around and walked by Kai’s side.
“Hello, I am EXO manager Lee Elle. Please take care of me.” I said bowing a 90 degree bow. Stumbling a little, I grabbed a hold of Kai’s arm. Turning to the others, they gave me a secret thumbs up.
I looked back at everyone else. They were still staring up at us, whispering.

"So you are not his girlfriend?" Sooyoung said curiously.

"NO!" Kai and I said in unison. We turned and glared at each other.

"Yeah. They are going out." She said confirming to the others.

"No we are not." We both said again.

"Point taken." She said. The other EXO members began to giggle, followed by everyone else listening.
“ELLE-AH~! My cute dongsaeng!?” someone perked up from the back of the room, saving Kai and I from further embarassment.
“Oh! BOA UNNIE!!~” Letting go of Kai’s arm, we hugged.
“Aiya! My cute dongsaeng. I miss you so much. Wah! You have gotten prettier and prettier.” she said letting go, smiling.
“Aish!~ Look at you. Every beautiful as always.”
“Ai!~ Shush up. I see you have gotten the jackpot.” she whispered, pointing to the boys. I blushed. BoA unnie took my arm and turned me to the now surprised people. “Yah, everyone. Why are you all so quiet? Don’t you guys remember Elle? The president’s granddaughter? You know the one that used to train with most of you guys and help most of you guys debut.”
“That’s her!” Key said appalled.
“Who else babo~” she said.
“Hello everyone.” I said in a quiet voice.
“Wow! Its been really long. Come over here. We have so much to catch up on.” Jessica and Tiffany said.

The boys were already in the back getting food with their other friends. Sehun spotted me and waved. Signaling the others to look back and do the same.
Make sure you get food and eat. D.O. umma mouthed. Nodding, I gave him and okay sign.  Maybe this won’t be such a bad party after all.  There were no business people here. Thank god. And grandpa had to leave early. Before he left though, he told me to check my email for reports and paper work I had to help him fill out. *Sigh* More work. Looking around the room, my eyes landed on the area where some boys were hanging out and having fun. I spotted Kai among them. He turn to look at me and gave a small smile. Smiling, I gave him a slight wave in return. I turned my gaze to the person next to him, wishing I didn’t. I stopped smiling. There he was, staring at me with those familiar eyes, the person I wanted to avoid, the person I never wanted to have any connection with ever again. Taemin.