Change

Saranghae Day Dreams

Being locked out, I decided to go get the boys‘ schedule. Stupid Kai. He couldn’t go to the restroom or something. Boys man. Lazy punk. Upon arrival at grandpa’s office, I found Auntie Kim on the secretary’s desk.
“Auntie Kim!” I chirped.
“Oh Elle! How have you been? Are the rookies tough on you?” she said looking up with a wide smile.
“Just a little.” I said playfully.
“What bring you up here?” she said giving me a big hug.
“Nothing much, just looking for the boys‘ schedule for the month.” I said.
“Hmm.. Oh here it is.” she said handing me an agenda. “The boys just have practice today and etiquette lessons in the practice room. Keke^^ I took a peek.”
Laughing, we talked for a couple of minutes more until she had to go run some errands. I miss her a lot. Okay, make plans with Auntie Kim when free.  I turn around to find a young man,  about in his early 30s, glaring at me. Oh crap.. I turned around as fast as I could, but he picked you up and began to run. Screaming at the top of my lungs we arrived at the place I knew he would drop me off. Still screaming he opened the door. The boys were already practicing when I came in screaming and flailing. He set me down in the middle of the dance floor and threw me a pair of clothes.
“Hyung..” Lay said looking surprised like the others.
“Go change.” he said in a calm voice, ignoring Lay.
“NOOOO! Why?!” I argued. “This is not the time. I am not in the condition for this right now.”
“GO!” he snapped. With a dramatic sigh, I stomp into the closet to change. This is so stupid! WAE!? Adfjkl; A few minutes later, I stepped out with a guy’s t-shirt and sweat pants, which I rolled up to my knee. Scratching my head, I walk over to the boys, who were in the middle of the dance floor stretching. I immediately sat down and put my head down.
“Stubborn as always I see.”
“Nice to see you too, Uncle Greg.” I said in a monotonous voice.
“Missed you too, sweetheart. Come on now. Get to stretching. Practice is waiting.”
“Greg, you know I can’t do this.” I said looking up at him.
“No, I don’t. Why not?” he replied looking at me in the eye.
“You know that it has been a while.” I said taking pause.
“That’s not an excuse.” he said.
“But-”
“Just because of the incident, it doesn’t mean you have to quit doing what you love and throw away your happiness.” Silence stretched across the room. Head down on my knees, I looked away from everyone.
Greg had always had this effect on me. He always says things that mak eme think. Ever since I was training to become an idol. He was the one who really encouraged me to dance and follow my dreams. He taught me the language and art of dance, then he introduced me to singing and song writing. He put me under his wing and has always supported every step I decided to take. He kept my training hidden from grandpa and took care of me like his own child… like family
Fighting back my tears, I stand up and walk to the other side of the room. I looked at Uncle Greg and begin stretching.
“Okay, today we are going to figure out new choreography for your upcoming teasers and MVs.” he said turning to the boys. “As you can see, we have a special guest today who is going to contribute to the these new choreographies.” The boys turned to me in disbelief and surprise. “Anyways, I bet you are all wondering who she is and her capabilities. Elle-ah come introduce yourself.” Walking over, I turned and faced Greg.
“Hello! I am EXO manager Elle.” I said, bowing a 90 degree bow. Suddenly Greg burst out laughing. I looked at the boys. They were looking at me, with still surprised faces.
“Wow! This is going to be fun. Aigoo! My Elle is growing up. Keke! Daebak!” He giggled. “Okay, let’s start with Elle first. Show me what you remember. Music Cue!”
“Wait! Greg.. I can’t do this.”
“Just feel the rhythm and move.” he said calmly.
“But-”
“Ehh. What did I say earlier?!”
“Aish~” I said taking a deep breath, running a hand through my hair. How am I supposed to do this? Adfjkl;
“Eggie, you can do it. Fighting!” Chen said.
“We are one! Fighting! Fighting!” The boys whispered, giving smiles of encouragement.  Smiling back, I turned and nod to Greg. Okay, breathe. I am not alone. Its just one dance. Its nothing. Breathe.
A easy tempo song came up. Surprisingly, I catch up to the beat and begin dancing. Everything around me disappears. It is only me and the music. Everything feels relaxing. My mind is clear and my body feels light and free.
*Flashback*
It was the day of my performance at school. This would be the first time that I would be dancing and singing on stage for my parents. Knowing of grandpa’s strict rules, they supported me on and on. Outside waiting for my parents arrival, I look out into the ocean view. I am so nervous and excited. I can finally show my parents what I have worked hard for and dreamed of. Daydreaming of their reaction, I see them coming in their car across the street. Excited, I start jumping and waving at them. They wave back, with smiles on their faces. Then suddenly… everything happens at a blink of an eye. My legs are numb. I can’t breathe. There is fire and water… blood…. Everywhere….

“EGGIE-AH!!” Someone yells. I blink a few times, my body cold as ice. Covered in sweat, I couldn’t bring myself to move.
“Are you alright?” Kai asks looking down at me, holding my shoulders.
“I’m fine.” I nodded, giving him a slight smile. I slowly turned to the others and gave them a reassuring smile.
“You are doing it again.” D.O. said.
“Sorry Umma. I am fine, really. Its just a little overwhelming to dance on this floor again. So, how was I?” I asked shyly.
“Ummm.. Really DAEBAK!” Sehun said.
“WOW!” Tao and Lay yelled.
“Yah, eggie-ah! Why did you not tell us about this before?” Xiumin asked with a grin.
“I just figured” I giggled.
“It was amazing Elle” Suho said.
“Jiang!” Kris said giving me a thumbs up. Smiling, I give him a thumbs up too. The boys began to playfully cheer, laugh, and dance around.
“Okay, boys its your turn. Please start on the warm ups.” Greg said clapping his hands.
Still trembling, Kai walked me over to the other side of the room and set me down on the floor.
“Thanks” I said look up at him.
“Babo!“ he whispered  flicking me on the head. He turns back and begins practice with the others.
“Better than I expected.” Greg said, handing me a bottle of water.
“Really?” I said raising my eyebrow at him.
“Its good to see you dance again. It needs a little work though.” he said. Smiling, I lightly punched him on the shoulder.
“The incident.. Still there hmm?” I nodded.
“You know I didn’t expect you to dance today. I figured you would rebel like always. I was surprised when you complied to my wishes.”
“Think of it as a ‘thank you’ for always being there.” I smiled, nudging him. “I finally remember what it feels like to dance again, instead of regretting. You know.. The incident will never get out of my head. But maybe, just maybe, things will change.”
“Hopefully they do. Believe in yourself and things will change. Follow your heart. Don't let anything bring you down. And know that you are not alone.” Greg said giving me a pat on the head. I looked up at the boys and smiled. We are one! Fighting^^