Heart to Heart

Saranghae Day Dreams

Our gazes locked. His right there. Trying to figure out what to do, a plate of aromatic food intercepts our gaze. I look up to find D.O. with two plates of food.
“Knowing you weren’t going to eat I got it for you.” D.O. said handing me the plate and took a seat in front of me.
“Thank you Umma! You are the best!” I said taking the plate. I can’t thank you enough. I love you, Kyungsoo umma!! I began to dig into the food. It was so good. Moments later Sehun, Luhan, and Tao joined in.
“Your favorite, banana milk.” Luhan said giving me the milk.
“Woah!! Thank you oppa!~~” I said excitedly taking the milk from him.
“Aigoo. My eggie is so cute.” he said ruffling my hair.
“Oppa! My hair!” I said laughing.
“Oh sorry!” he said giving me a wink, fixing my hair.
“Everyone! Its time for Heart-to-Heart!” BoA unnie said clapping her hands. Soon everyone were sitting in a huge circle with blankets and pillows. It looked like a giant sleepover. The lights suddenly dimmed a little. Looking around, I found mangaers sitting outside of the circle.
“Sehunnie~ What is going on?” I asked.
Seeing the confusion on my face he giggled. “It’s a little segment where the sunbaenims give us and each other advice. Then we each share stories of things that are on our minds. At the end, we play truth or dare, the clean version of course and have a calling session.”
“Ohhh, I see. Sounds like fun.” I said giving him a smile, “You should join everyone already.”
“But I don’t want to leave you alone.” Sehun said grabbing my arm.
“Yah! Oh Sehun! Get you over there.” I said giggling.
“Okay Okay.” Sehun said pouting.
“I will be right here, where you can see me. Okay?”
“Okay. You better stay. Right here. Don’t move.” he said.
“I know. I know. I promise I won’t go anywhere. I am going to sit here and watch.” Smiling, he ran over to the circle, where he sat between Luhan and Kai. Everyone was sitting with their members. My EXO members were sitting facing me. Sehun looked up from his spot and waved at me. Luhan joined in as well. Together the two made a big heart. Giggling I waved back. Smiling, I turned my gaze to Kai. He was looking back and forth at HunHan and me, laughing. Catching his gaze, I stuck out my tongue at him and waved. Surprisingly, he waved back. I turned my head to find Taemin staring at me. I quickly looked away. Just face him, babo. He means nothing you right now, right?! He said so himself. Aish! This is so frustrating. I need some air. I get up and walk to the door.
“Elle-ah!~” Someone called. I turned around to find Sehun getting up, running over to me.
“OH! Sorry. Sorry. I forgot.” I said rubbing my hands together, begging for forgiveness. Taking my hand, he dragged me back to my spot. I sat down and looked up at him. Sehun ruffled my hair and handed me a juice box.
“Don’t move.”
“Promise.” I said, motioning him to go back to his spot.
-------
Almost everyone had finished sharing some heartfelt stories. Some of which almost made me tear up. I sat there staring at the group with a slight feeling of sadness and regret. To think I could have joined this special family.
“Taeminnie!~ Its your turn.”
Taking a deep breath he began to talk. “I need some advice.” Everyone nodded. Kai put his arm over Taemin’s shoulder.
“During our training days, I met this girl. We shared the same passion for dance, music, and dream. We hung out together almost 24/7.” Ohmy~ Please don’t.
“One the week of vacation as trainees, we decided to go back home for the week and rest. Before we separated, she told me she was going to perform at a school for her parents. We promised that we would call each other everyday during the break.” Knowing where this was going, I began to shake violently.
“But, I didn’t get a call from her. When vacation was over, she was no where to be seen. A couple days later, she showed up, a different person. She had a blank expression. She had no desire for dance or music. Every time I tried to talk to her, she gave me nothing. A week before our debut, I overheard that she was going overseas. I was devastated. Before we promised each other we would be there for each other for whatever and whenever, especially for our debuts. It made me sick just thinking about her leaving.” Guilt rushed through me. I couldn't bring myself to move. Please stop... that's enough...
“She finally told me that she was moving. But before I could let her finish, I pushed her away, telling her to go and never come back. I told her that she was someone I didn’t know anymore, and that she was nothing to me. After that, she left quietly. It wasn’t until after I told her to leave that I found out what happened to her during the break. I felt and still feel like a complete idiot. I only cared about me and my debut. I was so roused up in her not being there for me when I wasn’t there for her during what should have mattered most. What makes things worse was that she was my best friend and my first love.” He looked straight at me. With those experessionless eyes searching me for the anwser. Ohmygod.... My whole body felt numb. Cold sweat began to form.  How can he bring this up now after four years. We are nothing now. Its too late.

"What should I have done? What do I do now that she came back? Should I forgive her? I am so confus-."

"Should you forgive her? You should be asking yourself if she would forgive you?" I said trying to hid the quiver in my voice.

"Why? She is the one who left me first." he retorted.

"Are you sure? Are you postitive?" I asked looking up at him.He turned away. I knew it. Stupid... Everyone was staring at us now. Especially the EXO boys. I could see the counfusion in their eyes, especially Kai.

"She broke our promise. What was I supposed to do? The only thing I thought of was to let her g-."

"You should have waited... babo." There was a long silence. No one moved, no one said anything. It felt like time froze for a second. "You know, she never broke the promise. Before she left, she watch you debut. She just couldn't bring herself to say 'goodbye'." Taemin looked up at me, this time there was guilt and shock in his eyes.

"I am sorry." he finally said.

"Yeah me too.... Don't blame yourself. She forgives you, but what happened has happened. Nothing can change how she feels about you now." I said wiping away a loose tear. It's over.....

Silence

"Thanks for the advice" he finally said giving me a small smile.

"No problem." I smiled back at him. I am sorry, Taemin.