Nightmare

Saranghae Day Dreams

Breathe Elle Breathe. I walked up to the sidewalk and looked at the main entrance. It is currently 2:28 p.m. and I have been back and forth on this street for the pass 2 hours. Way to spend your Saturday Elle.  Outside to the right is a long line of people, waiting for the weekly auditions to begin. I start to feel a light headed just figuring out what am I going to do when I go in. Its been years since I have been here. So much has change since I left to study in New York. Minutes pass by when someone bumps into me, hard.
“Ohmygod! Watch were you are going!” screamed a girl who looked my age. Seventeen. Unlike me, she was very beautiful with milky white skin, tall, and she had perfectly wavy hair. I, in contrast, is short, have freckles and straight boring hair.
“I am really so-”
“Save it loser.” she said cutting me off. She walked away filled with frustration and anger before I could come back to my senses. Confused and shocked I turned around trying to look for that girl. But the building in front of me taunted me and I realized again that there are more important things to do and why I am here in the first place. Still flustered, I walked to the front entrance. I squeeze between the nervous people to get into the main lobby. As I step in, a cold current hits my face and once again I feel uneasy. Taking a deep breath I slowly make my way to the front desk.
“Excuse me” I say.
“May I help you?” said the clerk, “Omo! Elle sweetheart, you’re here! How have you been? Its been how many year? 4? You look so beautiful and grown up now!”
“Whoa! Auntie Kim! What are you doing here?” I said as we hugged. Auntie Kim took care of me when I was little ever since my parents died and grandfather was too busy to take care of me. She is like a mother to me.
“Well, I was told to wait for you and so I decided to take over the desk. Lets go upstairs. Your grandfather is waiting.” she said heartedly.
“Oh. Okay.” I smiled, hiding what I really was feeling. Anxious. As we head up to the top floor I start to shake.
“Hon, are you alright?”
“Yeah I am fine. Its just a little cold.” I lied.
“Don’t worry. Everything is going to be fine.” Said Auntie Kim seeing right through me. I nodded. Finally, we arrived. Auntie Kim opens the door and we enter a large, luxurious office. Its still the same.  I thought to my self. I look up to find my grandfather sitting in his boss chair.
“Hello grandpa” I said quietly.
“You are here. Hello princess!” he said in a cheery voice. Teary eyed I walk up to him and give him a bear hug. “Whoa! I missed you too princess.”
Wiping away my tears I asked, “So why did you tell me to come home?” There was a silence. This was the nerve wrecking part I tried to avoid. Times like these always ruin everything for me. Breathe Elle Btreathe. Everything is going to be fine. He just misses you that’s all.
“Truth is,” he begins, “I would like you to do something for me.”
“What is it?” I said.
“What I want you to do is to manage and take care of a couple of rookies for me.” What?!
“Grandpa! You know that I can’t do that.”
“Why not?” he said.
“Well, because…. I have school and am running the clothing line.” I stuttered.
“I know that won’t be a problem.” he said. “You will go to school with the rookies and leave when they do. You already know most of the lessons so catching up won’t be a problem. As for the clothing line, you will run that on your free time.”
“But-”
“No buts. If you want take over this business you will have to do what I tell you and work hard to do so.” But I don’t want to run the company!~~
“What about New York?”
“Oh that, we pulled you out of that school already?!”
“WHAT!? Grandpa, you can’t just do that!”
“I can do anything I feel is best for you” he said calmly.
“I didn’t even pack all of my things or say goodbye to my friends!”
“Don’t worry about your stuff, its being sent over as we speak. As for your friends, for get about them. They are nothing to you.” Shocked and frustrated I shut my mouth and closed my hand into a tight fist. I couldn’t hear what he was saying anymore. I want to disappear. This was what I feared. This right here was why I was so nervous in entering this building. Everything is gone.. once again.
 “Know go to the practice room and introduce yourself to them” he said interrupting my fit. I turn around not saying anything. I want to get out of here. I can’t stand looking at him for a second. “Oh! One more thing. You will be dorming with them. You need to forget about things in New York and just worry about the company. Now go.”
I lose the feeling in my hands. All I remember is staggering out of the door and out into the hall. How can he be so cruel? He can’t just decide things like that for me. He can’t take away everything from me again.
“Hon, how was it? You don’t look so good.” said Auntie Kim interrupting my thoughts.
“I am fine. I think its jet lag.” I lied.
“Oh really. What did the old man say?”
“Nothing much. Just to go meet the rookies.” I laughed. She always knows how to lighten up the mood.
“Well, let’s go to the practice room. Shall we?” We head to the practice room. It is dark. It seems that no one is in there.
“It doesn’t seem that no one is in there. I guess I will go in and wait.”
“Okay, I am going to go down to the audition room. It is too packed today. Call me when you go home.”
“Alrighty then, bye auntie.” I said disappointed. I really did not want to be alone.
“Bye sweetie. See you tomorrow.” She leaves me alone in front of the practice room. Taking a deep breath I turn the handle and go in. I turn on the lights and it illuminates the room. Its good to be back. I closed the door and head to the center of the room. Staring at my reflection I begin to break down.
“I hate this. Its not fair.” I whispered behind my tears. Suddenly, someone embraces me from behind.