Crystal Ball

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Luhan POV)
 

A white breeze will surround you


Breath hard from the long and hard run, I arrive back at the mansion I lived at. I slowed down to catch my breath before opening the door so I wouldn't get weird looks once I walk in. After a few minutes of panting outside on the porch, I finally got my breath back. I pushed open the door and walked inside. Surprisingly, there was nobody there.

Perfect. Now I can get to work. I thought with a smile. Nobody can disturb me.

I walked up the stairs to the bedroom I share with Lay and open the lowest drawer in my closet. Slowly and carefully, I pulled out a big black box with an ancient padlock on it. It had been a while since I last opened it, and it confused me for a second when I saw that there was no key hole on the padlock with runes scribed onto it. Then I remembered that there was no need for a key.

Gripping the lock loosely in my hand, I closed my eyes and focused my power into it.

Click.

I opened my eyes again and saw that the lock had opened. I let out a breath of relief. I hadn't been sure if I could open it.

I carefully opened the lid of the box and lifted the perfectly round glass ball from inside. Trying my best not to scratch the delicate material, I set it on my pillow and sat facing it. I bit my bottom lip nervously. Will this work? What happens if it doesn't? I sighed and shrugged. I wouldn't know I unless I try, right?

Closing and placing my hand on the smooth round ball in front of me, I tried to tell it what to show me with my mind.

Sehun. Show me his past. Have we met before?

I felt a small chill flow through my fingers and I opened my eyes, surprised that it actually worked. I stared at the crystal ball, waiting for a scene to show up. It eventually did, but there was a thick, white fog surround it that I couldn't see anything.

"Maybe my power isn't strong enough?" I wondered out loud. I glanced at the clock. "There's still time to go see him...." Without hesitating any longer, I quickly but gently put the glass ball back to its storage place, grabbed a jacket, and sprinted out the door.

A few minutes of sprinting later, I reached the main mansion for the Sun Clan. Since they never lock the door, I silently crack open the door and peek inside. When I saw that there was no one in the hallway, I pushed the door open fully and stepped inside. It gave me a chilly feeling, but from what I heard, it's normal.

From the silence of the house, I guessed that it was empty. With a grin, I ran up the stairs to where I knew Grandpa would be. Well, he's not my real Grandpa, but what's what I call him since he's the current Prophet. I would have to take over his role once he's gone... but that's not something I enjoy thinking about. I don't know where I would be without Grandpa. Without him, I would feel so lost and confused.

"Grandpa?" I called into a closed, ancient wooden door.

"I was expecting you, Luhan."

The voice came from a shadowed figure sitting next to a window.

"Hi, Grandpa. How are you doing today?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"I'm doing well. How about you?" he told me with a smile.

"I guess I'm okay."

Grandpa stared at me with his ancient, wise eyes. "I have a feeling you didn't come here to talk about your father today."

I shook my head with a slight smile. "No, I didn't."

"I would say my idea of why you came, but I think it'll be better if you said so yourself."

Grandpa was always like that. He knows exactly what people go to him for, but he makes them say it themselves anyway because they often find the answer while talking. It was his way for them to find out themselves.

"Well..." I then launched into the story of how I had this... gut feeling... that I should go into that forest. About how I met the boy named Sehun how I found so familiar. "Who is that, Grandpa? How come I feel like I've met him before?"

When my Grandfather was silent, I continued with my questions.

"I tried to see him in the Crystal Ball, but there was this fog blocking me from seeing clearly. Why?"

"Luhan. Some things just... aren't meant to be found out. If the Crystal Ball wouldn't should you, then there must be a reason. Wasn't that one of the first things I taught you?" he asked me.

I thought about it. "You're right, Grandpa. I'm sorry for prying."

He gave me a sympathetic smile. "I was like that before as well. Don't worry. It's natural to feel curious. Being a prophet and not pry is a difficult thing to do."

"Being a prophet... Does that mean I can prevent deaths and help people?" I realized I have never asked that question before, and it surprised me. Usually when I'm with Grandpa, I'm drowning him in questions, yet I haven't asked this important one.

"You'll find out in time, Luhan." was all he told me.

Grandpa is one mysterious person.

Suddenly, I heard the front door click shut. Someone had returned to the Main Mansion and I'm not suppose to be here.

"I think I better go, Grandpa." I said as I stepped towards the door.

"I think so too. It was nice to see how you're doing, Luhan. Be careful."

"I will. Bye, Grandpa!" I whisper as I opened the door and slid into the hall.

I listened carefully for any sounds coming from the entrance, and when I heard none, I sighed with relief before quickly scrambling down the stairs and out the front door. I tried to close it as quietly as possible behind me. After that, I dashed into the woods surrounding the Mansion and back towards my own place. In the front yard, I saw Kris and Lay discussing something, and they looked quite serious.

"Hi Kris, hi Lay." I called as I got closer.

"Hi, Luhan." they said in union.

"What are you two doing?"

They stepped apart to reveal a small, red bundle wobbling around on the grass. It had a short little snout and tiny talons on its small paws. It had a wings on its back, but it was barely visible as it was not yet fully grown. A long tail that ended in a shape similar to a triangle was wrapped around its paws as it plopped down on the soft green lawn. It was no bigger than a soccer ball. When I got closer and stared at it, it peered back at me with big, hazel coloured eyes and blew a soft puff of air towards me.

It was adorable.

"Is it a dragon?" I asked.

"We think so." Kris told me.

"Where did it come from?"

"I don't know. I just found it here."

"What are you going to do with it?"

Lay smiled at that. "It seems to have... found an attachment to Kris."

"Attachment?"

"Every time Kris tries to walk away, it would follow him. I think one of the animals brought it here because of Kris' power." Lay said.

"Likely." I agreed.

"What do I do with it?" Kris asked, then knelt down to look at the baby dragon more. The little creature seemed delighted to get attention from him and wobbled towards him on its unsteady paws, then tried to climb onto his lap. With a boost from Kris' hand, it managed to get onto his legs.

"Keep it." Lay and I said. "Obviously," I added.

"How am I suppose to keep a Dragon? They grow huge you know." Kris asked.

"Think about that when it actually does grow huge. Get inside before it starts raining." Lay said.

I glanced at the sky, and it didn't seem like it was going to rain. However, after years of experience of living with Lay, I wasn't about to doubt him. Every time he predicts the weather, it was always accurate.

Kris picked up the little dragon easily in his two hands and rushed inside with it and Lay at his heels. Before I followed, I looked back into the woods once more, thinking about the strange boy I met again. Grandpa's words echoed in my head.

Some things just aren't meant to be found out.

His words only made me more curious.

- - - - -
Sorry for not updating for so long. >__< My exams are finally over though. I can update more often now. :D
(I didn't proof read this... and I wrote this like a week apart. If there's anything weird or confusing, please tell me and I'll fix it.)