Dream

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Luhan's POV)

Whenever you suffer and are wronged I'll wipe away your tears

"Lulu~" I heard a voice half sing behind me.

With a large smile that automatically came to my lips, I turned around just as a taller shape slammed into me, tackling me and knocking me down to grassy field. It made sure to cushion my fall though, so it didn't hurt at all.

"Hi, Hunnie." I said between laughs. The flowers around us swayed in the wind and I felt a nice spring breeze around me. It was such a peaceful and beautiful day.

"Lulu, you're really cute when you have petals in your hair." the boy on top of me said.

"You make me sound so girly, Sehun." I told him but didn't move to push him off.

"But you really are pretty."

"And that's the only reason you like me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course not!" he said with wide eyes. "I'm not that shallow. You're a really nice person too, Lulu. And you're fun to be around, and--"

"Okay, you don't have to go on." I told him and quieted him by putting a finger to his lips.

"What about you? Why do you like me?" Sehun teased mischievously.

I felt myself blush when Sehun asked. "W-well I find that you're really comforting to be around... And that I feel safe around you." I told him. "And I feel that you'll be the first one who really understands me."

Sehun's eyes widened in surprise. "Nobody understands you?"

"No." I admitted. "Prophets have always been somewhat isolated. They just seem to be... Too different. Nobody really understands them. Not even themselves."

"Prophets... It must be hard." Sehun said sympathetically.

"Sometimes. But my brothers try their best. I don't feel left out." I smiled.

"You seem to love your brothers a lot."

"I do." I said firmly. "They're the most important things in my life."

Sehun frowned and I realized what I said.

"I-I mean you are too! After I met you, you're just as important." I quickly added.

"You seem to have completely forgotten about me." Sehun said disapprovingly.

"It's not that. It's just..." I felt my face turn a brighter red.

"Embarrassing?"

"No... Well, yes. I'm not used to this... It's just that... My brothers have been with me my whole life and..." I trailed off.

Sehun let out a deep breath and rolled off to to lie beside me instead. But I noticed that his hand was still on top of mine.

"I understand how you feel. I've been with my brothers all this time too." Sehun said.

"But I hope that we can get close though." I said.

"Me too." Even if I couldn't see his face, I could hear the smile in his voice.

I sat up and grabbed his hand. Surprised, he sat up as well. Sehun tilted his head slightly as he was asking for what I was doing silently.

"Let's go walk around." I said.

"Sure."

We stood up and started walking around. Soon, just to liven things up, I let go of his hand and ran ahead. I felt a confused Sehun behind, be a grin quickly spread across his face and he sprinted towards me. Out of instinct from the games I used to play as a kid, I began to run faster.

Suddenly, I saw trees in front of me. They weren't incredibly tall or anything, but they had wide-spreading branches which were a dark brown. When I got closer, I saw that they were cherry blossom trees. Surprised at the rather sudden appearance of the trees, I slowed down into a walk as they loomed over me.

This scene... Green grass... Blue sky... Pink blossoms... Pictures suddenly flashed through my mind.
 

"I'll wait if you catch me first!"

 

"What does that cloud look like to you?"

"A frog."

"Let's get married!"

"Let's pinky promise!"

"A promise is a promise."

"I love you."
 

The sudden flicker of images made my head feel like it was about to explode. The pain was almost unbearable, and I fell to my knees clutching my head.

Where did they come from? How come I've never seen them before? What's happening?

"Lulu?" Sehun's voice called worriedly behind me. "Luhan! What happened?!"

Sehun ran up to me and knelt down in front of me, covering my hands around my head with his own. The pain was still there, and when he touched it, it seemed to intensify. I flinched when his hand came in contact with mine, and he jerked it back immediately. I could feel guilt coming off him as if he was the one causing my pain and I felt bad, but I couldn't do anything with the splitting pain in my head. An unfamiliar voice was speaking in my voice.

"It's coming."

Coming? What is?

"You must prepare."

Prepare for what?

"If you don't... It will all end."

What? For what?!

"You know what to do."

Do?! Do for what?! What is it?!

The pain disappeared as suddenly it came, and I was finally able to move. The once clear blue sky was now dark and cloudy. I could hear thunder rumble in the distance and the clouds were moving fast above me. I looked up at Sehun, and he had an extremely worried worried look on his face. He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, I beat him to it.

"We have to get out of here."

"Why? What happened?" he asked as I took his hand and began dragging him behind me.

"No time to explain we have t--"

"No, Luhan."

Confused, I looked back at him. Why is he suddenly not listening to me?

"Sehun? Let's go! I'll explain later. We really have no time!"

"I said no."

"Wh--"

Suddenly, Sehun's face changed. His once handsome face suddenly had blood dripping down it. It came from his mouth, his eyes, and it didn't look like it was anywhere near stopping. I let go of his hand and stumbled back, swallowing a scream. Sehun opened his mouth to speak, and a large pool of blood splashed out when he did. I felt my eyes widen when I saw how much blood he was losing yet he still managed to stay standing. The lightning that flashed behind him made the scene worse.

"No, Luhan." he repeated. "I won't go with you."

I just stood shaking as I couldn't get any words out between my lips. Though I'm ashamed to admit it, I was scared. So scared. So scared that Sehun would leave me.

"I won't go with you. I won't go with you.... The person who betrayed us." Sehun echoed several times.

Then he suddenly lunged at me and a scream left me. I shut my eyes tightly out of instinct and threw my hands up to protect myself. I waited for the impact of him crashing into me to come... But it never did.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was alone. I was still in the dark and stormy field with the cherry blossom trees, but Sehun was no longer there.

"Luhan."

I froze. That voice... So familiar.

"Grandpa?" I said hesitantly, not daring to turn around.

"Yes, it's me." the voice confirmed.

I didn't have to turn around, as Grandpa walked around to stand in front of me instead. I had been afraid that he would be covered in blood like Sehun had been, but he wasn't. He was just how I remembered him, except much healthier.

"Grandpa... What are you...?"

"I don't have much time, Luhan. You must prepare." Grandpa told me. "Darkness is coming, and you must be prepared to face it... Alone."

I didn't like the last word. I don't like to be alone.

"I know it's hard, Luhan. But you're the only one who can." Grandpa continued. "There's nobody else who can help you."

I nodded.

"You must find the source and stop it, Luhan."

"How? How do I stop it?" I asked.

"Do you remember that spell I taught you all those years ago?"

"The spell...?"

"The one I told you is dangerous. The one that I told you never to use unless absolutely necessary."

I bit my bottom lip as I remembered what he was talking about. That one...

"You must use it. There is no other way." Grandpa said with sad eyes. "I'm sorry."

"I understand. I'll be all right." I told him quietly.

"You must be prepared. There's not much time."

Then Grandpa began to fade away and I panicked.

"Grandpa!" I yelled, then ran forward to grab him. Except it only made him disappear faster, disintegrating like sand in the wind.

The next time I knew, I was sitting up in my bed, breathing hard and with sweat coating my face. Lay was sitting on the other side of the room, and he was staring at me with large eyes.

"Luhan!" he shouted in surprise and joy. "You're awake!"

When I didn't respond and he saw the expression on my face, his face darkened.

"What happened?" he asked. I still didn't respond. "Luhan?"

"Get ready." I mumbled almost inaudible. "It's almost time."