Recovery

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Sehun POV)

Heaven is any time and any place.

Beep... beep....

Asides from the annoying beeping that kept repeating themselves, all I could think of was the pain in my chest. It was hard to breath and I didn't want to move, not even open my eyes.

"How is he?" a worried voice asked. I recognized it as Kai's.

"He'll be fine. He's a strong boy." another voice answered him.

"Are you sure? He bled so much..."

"I'm sure. See his heartbeat? He's awake right now." Who's voice is that? Suho's?

"Sehun? Sehun, can you hear me?" Kai's worried voice asked.

I slowly opened my eyes to look at him. He had bags under his eyes and looked like he hadn't slept in days. On his face was a look I've never seen him with before. Usually he's the easy-going, playful type, but now he had a look of pure worry and... almost fear.

"I can." I croaked.

A look of relief passed through his face before he leaned back to sit on his chair.

"How are you feeling, Sehun?"

I turned my head to the other side and saw my father, Suho, Chanyeol, Chen and Tao. None of them looked any better than Kai.

"I'm... fine, I guess." I answered. "What happened?"

"What happened?" Chanyeol's deep voice boomed with rage. "That guy almost kill you! Why were you even out there?! You could have died!"

"...Sorry."

Father stared at me for a few moments, as if trying to figure something out. Suddenly, realization lit his eyes and he smiled slightly. "Boys, can you give Sehun and I a moment please?"

Tao, Chen, Tao and Suho almost had to drag the raging Chanyeol out of the room. Once they shut the door, Father sat down beside me. We just sat there in silence for a while. I wondered what he wanted to say to me. If I hadn't seem his smile earlier, I would have thought that he would give me a lecture, but I did. Although I did and didn't want to hear his words at the same time, curiosity was chewing away at me as I waited for him to go on.

"So... why were you out there that day, Sehun?"

That day?

"Wait, how long was I out for?" I asked.

"About four days." he told me.

Uh oh... Luhan...

"Sehun? What's wrong?" Father asked.

"N-nothing." I lied.

He didn't seem to believe me, but went on.

"So why were you out in the woods? I know you usually go there anyway because you like heights but... why were you attacked that day? From what I heard from Chanyeol... you've been meeting someone from the Sun Clan?"

I didn't answer.

"Who is he?"

No answer.

"Do you know what happened to him after?"

Still no answer.

Father sighed. "I'm not going to yell at you for meeting up with him, Sehun. I'm just worried about you."

".... I know. I'm sorry." I whispered.

Father patted my head like he used to do when I was younger. "So are you going to tell me why you're meeting up with him?"

I thought about it for a few moments. "I don't know, actually. I just want to see him."

"For no specific reason?"

I shook my head, deciding to drop the fact that I felt like I've met Luhan before.

Father grinned, surprising me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." he said,trying to hide his smile.

I was confused, but didn't ask further.

Suddenly there was loud footsteps coming down the hallway towards us.

"Please, you can't just barge in like that!" I heard Suho call.

The door to the infirmary room was slammed open and a man in his sixties stood at the door frame with a furious look on his face.

"Is it true? Someone from the Sun Clan attack you? On our territory?!" he yelled.

I didn't answer, since I've never been good with words, and let Father take over.

"I believe it was a misunderstanding. We don't know exactly what happened, and Sehun doesn't remember clearly." Father told him. "Maybe we can just drop it this time?"

"Drop it? How can you even ask such a thing?! And it's your own son too!" the older one continued to shout, causing my head to start pounding. Father noticed.

"Can we speak outside please? Sehun is still recovering. All this noise isn't good for him."

The elder and Father let the room, and I could hear them talking the whole time until they went down the stairs and out the front door.

I sighed. I didn't mean for this to happen. What happened to Luhan? He must have gotten punished... It's my fault for not watching out. I should have been on guard while we were having our meetings. This is horrible. Will we ever be able to see each other again? What am I suppose to do now?

About half an hour passed as I just talked to myself, and suddenly Kai burst through the door with wide eyes.

"What's wrong, Kai?" I asked.

"T-They-- I heard them talking. The Elder is going to declare war on the Sun Clan!" Kai yelled in a hushed voice.

"What?!" I, on the other hand, was not so quiet. Kai slapped his hand over my mouth.

"Shhh!!"

I nodded against his hand and he removed it.

"I'm not really sure though. I just heard him talking about it." Kai said.

"You were eavesdropping?"

"Eavesdropping? Is there a need? I can hear him from a mile away." Kai rolled his eyes and I laughed a little.

"I guess so."

"So, why were you meeting with whoever it was?" Kai asked, then took a seat beside my bed.

I sighed, not wanting to answer the same question again when it was so complicated. When I didn't even know myself.

Kai held his hands up. "It's okay. I know you're tired. You can tell me when you're ready."

I smiled. "Thanks."

"You're always welcome." Kai said and lightly punched me on the arm.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked. "How did you find me?"

"You remember that Chanyeol's Phoenix is really sensitive to blood right? I guess he sense you bleeding to death in the woods. He basically dragged Chanyeol with him into the woods to where you were." Kai explained. "Chanyeol carried you back and Father treated you. If Chanyeol's Phoenix was just a few minutes later, you probably wouldn't have survived."

"Ah... I see. I have to go thank Chanyeol then. And his Phoenix."

"You know, Chanyeol was really worried about you. He's always been the protective type. When he saw that one of his brother was near death, he was really upset." Kai told me. "We didn't sleep for days to make sure you were doing okay."

I smiled happily to have such a kind family. "Thank you. Sorry for making you guys worried."

"Things happen. I'm just glad you're alive."

"Me too."

Though I was talking to him, I wasn't even paying attention to what was coming out of my mouth. All I could think about was the coming fight. It would mean that we have to fight the other Clan. Which meant I might have to face Luhan. Though there was a chance that I wouldn't go at all because of my injuries, Luhan was sure to be there. Unless he was still receiving his punishment, which was possible.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Kai shifting uncomfortably in his chair at first. When I did, I knew something was on his mind. He only fidgeted like that when there was something bothering him.

"Kai, is there something you want to talk about?" I asked. Since we were the two youngest out of the family, we were naturally closest.

"Huh? O-oh. Um..." Kai looked down at his hands that were intertwined on his lap.

"You can tell me. I won't tell anyone else." I promised him.

"I know you won't. It's just that I don't know how to say it."

"Try."

"Well... Chanyeol and Chen took me out to the market the other day to get groceries because Father wanted to stay with you. When we were there, I saw this boy..." Kai trailed off.

"Did he try to steal your wallet?" I joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere. Kai gave me a look that told me he wasn't in the mood for his usual joking. "Sorry. Keep going."

"Well, he looked... really familiar. I don't know why. I don't think I've ever seen him before, but... I don't know... I feel like I know him." Kai told me.

I blinked a few times in surprise. That sounds like the exact same situation I was in with Luhan.

"Maybe you've seen him on the streets?" I suggested.

"You know I haven't been outside the house many times before." Kai reminded me.

"Right. So... what else happened?"

"He must've felt me staring, because he looked towards me. He looked confused for a second, then he just looked away. We finished shopping and came back. That was pretty much it." Kai said.

"How does he look like?"

Kai thought about it for a few moments. "He has really big eyes. Almost like a deer caught in headlights."

I laughed slightly at his description. "I'll keep an eye out for him."

"Thanks." Kai said with a smile. "I'll leave now so you can get more rest."

"Okay. See you in a bit."

"Bye."

With that, I was left alone in the room.

I still couldn't get Luhan off my mind, and I really wanted to go warn him. However, I wouldn't be able to get far with my wound.

Father must have given me painkillers, because I could feel my eyelids growing heavier. Soon, they forced themselves shut and I was asleep.

- - - - -

Second couple finally appeared. xD Sorry for the long wait. I originally made it around mostly Luhan and Sehun, but since you guys are interested in other parings too, I'll include them more. ^___^ The next chapter will probably 'introduce'  most if not all pairings... If things go according to plan. :P

Thanks to lunexotic for making the poster and background!