Dragon

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Tao's POV)

If anyone is unjust to you I will definitely not allow it.


It's been two weeks since the fight, and since their side's Healer treated all our wounds, we recovered much faster. I know that our sides are suppose to be enemies... but for some reason, I can't get the face of the one I fought with out of my head. I didn't even hear his name, but oddly enough, I knew it.

Kris.

His face that was so much like the pride and joy of a master sculptor, the way his dark eyes shone despite their colour. His deep voice that was so familiar. It's like I've met him before.

Ever since the fight, I had been trying to remember where I met him before. But after several tries and failing, I was certain that was the first time I've ever seen him. I've rarely ever been out of the house before anyway, so it was impossible for me to have met someone from the Sun Clan.

But that aside, I can't get him out of my mind.

Today, Father had asked me to go down to the market and buy some fruits. My brothers were busy, and I was the only one available, so I agreed. After a half an hour walk to civilization, I finally reached my destination. Going inside, I saw something that made me freeze.

It was him.

I quickly hid behind a shelf as he passed by. He didn't seem to notice me, so I followed him. When he stopped to look at some apples, I found myself staring at his features. When I caught myself acting out of line, I pinched myself on the arm. I decided that it was best to just grab some fruit and leave, so I headed out into another section to pick out some grapes.

As I was examining them for rotten ones, I saw a shadow fall over me. Surprised, I turned around and felt my face smash into something solid.

"So I was right." I heard a deep voice say.

Looking up, I saw that it was Kris. Once again, I was frustrated by how he seemed to familiar, yet I couldn't remember where I met him.

"You were right what?" I asked, trying to sound uninterested.

"You're the one I was fighting. The Time controller." Kris said.

"So?"

"I've been wondering... Have I met you before?"

"N-no. Why do you ask?"

"You seem very familiar." Kris said, staring at my face. Taking that as an excuse, I stared back.

"Deja vu?" I suggested.

"...Maybe."

"Well, we aren't suppose to be seeing each other like this. The higher ups will get mad." I said, breaking the eye contact.

I heard his chuckle. "Seeing each other? You make it sound like we're meeting on purpose."

Hearing those words, I felt my face grow hot. "I- I meant--"

"Doesn't matter. I should get going anyway. Bye."

"Bye," I said as I looked up. The last I saw was a faint amused smile on his face before he turned around and disappeared behind an aisle.

After getting the fruits, I paid the right amount and headed home. Having just met Kris, I was somewhat blanked out on my walk as I thought about our meeting. When I was in the woods, I didn't even realize that a monster was stalking me. I only noticed when it swiped a large paw at me and sent me flying into a tree. My head was the first thing to hit the trunk, and I could see stars blinking into my vision.

The monster didn't give me a break though, and just leap straight at me immediately. My vision was still partially out as I pushed myself off the ground to dodge it. As soon as its paws hit the ground again, it turned towards me and made another jump. The hit on my head must have been really hard, for my vision left me at a rapid rate as I slipped into unconsciousness. The last thing I saw was a burst of flames and something crimson fly in front of me.

Chanyeol?

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫

Slowly, I opened my eyes, woken by the sunlight shining on my eyelids. I lifted a hand to shield my eyes, and felt my hand knock into something that flinched away with a large puff of air. Surprised, my eyes snapped open.

Right on top of me, looking down, was a large rectangular snout. A Dragon. 

I sat up, almost ramming my head into the little creature. It looked at me with curious eyes and tilted its head. I smiled at the cute gesture and raised my hand to pat its head, but held it a little away at first to judge its reaction. When it stretched its head closer to my hand, I lowered it and began petting it.

"That's unusual." a deep voice beside me said.

I spun around to find its owner, as I didn't feel anyone with me earlier. "Kris?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Shouldn't you be thanking me? If it weren't for me and Hiou, you would probably be dead by now." Kris told me.

"No I wouldn't." I lied in defense.

Kris just sighed, then got up from his sitting position. Hiou looked up at him curiously.

"Let's go, Hiou. The others will be expecting us now." Kris told her. Then he began walking away, and Hious trailed after him after giving me another longing look to be petted.

"Wait!" I called.

Kris looked back.

"T-thank you."

Kris' lips curled up into the faintest smile. "You're welcome."

Then he disappeared around the corner. But that didn't mean he was out of my mind. After he saved me without a reason, I was more curious about him than ever. After that day, I couldn't get him off my mind.

- - - - -
And I'm back! Eeek, sorry for the extremely short chapter though. Q___Q