Decision

When the Sun and Moon Meet
Kris' POV
Because now you are now my eternity, eternally in love
 

There was a tense silence as we waited for Lay to say something. However, as always, he was distract and didn't notice how nervous the rest of us were with his plan. Eventually, I knew I had to say something. 
 
"Lay," I said. 
 
He looked over and then put on his usual gentle smile. "Yeah?"
 
"Are you sure this plan of yours is going to work?"
 
"If they show up, and nobody except us and them know about it, we should be fine," Lay told me. 
 
"But what's actually going to happen?" 
 
"We're going to go with them to find Luhan."
 
"We know that part," I sighed. "But why do we need them to find Luhan?"
 
"The more of us the easier it is," Lay said. 
 
"Is that it?" I asked, suspicious.
 
Lay didn't say anything for a while as he probably tried to sort out his thoughts. "I don't know. It's just that... We've beein fighting the other Clan for so long. Do we even know why anymore? Maybe if we team up this time, we might be able to end this war." 
 
"I don't think it'll be that easy." 
 
He smiled at me sadly. "But it'll be even harder if we don't even try," Lay said.
 
It was my turn to be silent. 
 
"Maybe this is a chance to form some kind of bond between us. Eventually those above us will pass on, and we'll be able to start a new life," Lay said.
 
I sighed again. I didn't have to say it out loud for him to know it wouldn't be that simple. "Okay. I can see where you're coming from." 
 
"They're here," Xiumin announced.
 
The rest of us turned and looked at what his eyes were focused on. It was hard to see at first because of the dense forest, but they soon came into view and were standing in front of us, keeping a cautious distance away. I could see the the hesitation and uncertainty in their eyes. 
 
"Are we late?" Suho asked, trying to start a conversation.
 
"Early, actually," Lay told him. 
 
Within their ranks was a young man with tanned skin who looked towards our side then at the back. When he found who he was looking for, his eyes lit up.
 
"Chanyeol!" he called. 
 
The called one looked up along with Baekhyun, who was beside him and making sure he didn't run away. However, he was oddly well behaved and didn't struggle or try to get away despite only having his wrists tied in front of him. Chanyeol gave the man standing across the invisible divider an smile. 
 
"Hey, Kai," Chanyeol said. 
 
"Are you okay?" Kai asked. 
 
"I'm fine." 
 
"They didn't treat you poorly, did they?" Tao asked, glaring at everyone from the opposing Clan.
 
"No, it was... Okay," Chanyeol said. 
 
Suho scanned Chanyeol with his eyes to check on him, then at me, as if deciding with one look that I was the leader. He cleared his throat before beginning to speak hesitantly. 
 
"Is it okay if... Um... Chanyeol comes back to our side?" he asked. 
 
"Sure," I said. Even I was surprised at how reasonable I was being. "He hasn't been causing any trouble so it should be fine." 
 
Baekhyun, upon hearing my words, untied the rope around Chanyeol's wrists. It came off easily, since it had been tied loosely to begin with. The taller of the two stepped forward slowly and stretched before calmly walking back to where the rest of his family was. The rest of them were watching us carefully, as if afraid we would attack Chanyeol's back when he wasn't watching. 
 
"Thank you," Suho eventually said when Chanyeol made it safely to stand behind him. Relief was clear in his voice. "I'll make sure he doesn't cause trouble again." 
 
Tao smiled at Chanyeol and then clung onto his arm, as if afraid that he would get caught by something again. Then without anybody else noticing, he also flashed me a grateful smile, his dark eyes curving slightly. I felt a bit of the tension leave my body at the sight. Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I thought. At least I would get to spend more time with Tao. 

Wait. 
 
What am I thinking? He's from the other Clan! I can't look forward to spending time with him! I mentally scolded myself.
 
Then I quickly looked away, breaking eye contact with the other dark haired boy. He eyes turned confused, but didn't try to meet my eyes again, and I was grateful. Things would get messy if my brothers notice our exchanges. 
 
"Where should we start looking?" Xiumin asked. 
 
Suho turned around to look at Sehun, who seemed to be doing his best to appear as small as possible. However, it was hard since he was standing behind someone shorter than him. The top of his head clearly showed. When he noticed the eyes of his brothers on him, he fidgeted uncomfortably. 
 
"Do you have any ideas?" Suho asked. 
 
"Um... I think he's somewhere in the mountains..." Sehun said hesitantly. 
 
"Why mountains?" D.O. asked.
 
"If I try hard enough, my power can vaguely locate an object or person," the tall boy explained. "Right now it tells me that he's in the mountains." 
 
"Which one?"
 
"The one that has snow on it all year long, Mount Klarent." Sehun said. "The one we're told to stay away from." 
 
"Are you sure?" D.O. asked, his usually wide eyes narrowed. "That's pretty far. What if we get there and it turns out to be the wrong location?"
 
"It's there," Lay said, calmly. "Sometimes Luhan would have nightmares, and he would mumble about mountains and snow in his sleep." 
 
At the sound of Lay's reasonable tone, nobody objected to his words. 
 
The rest of us exchanged looks. "I guess we'll have to go back and get more things to wear then," I said. "And pack supplies for the trip." 
 
"How will we make sure that nobody else notices we're gone?" Xiumin asked. 
 
"That will be the tough part," I said. 
 
"We can just tell father that we're going on a camping trip together," Tao said. "He's been telling us to go on one anyway." 
 
I stared at them with wide eyes, shocked. I could tell that the rest of my family members were as well. The ones from the other clan seemed to notice this and gave us confused looks. 

"What's wrong?" Suho asked. 

 
"Your Father will let you off so easily?" I asked. 
 
"Yes, of course. He trusts us. We're well behaved. Well, most of the time," Suho said. "Most of us." The last few words were spoken while his eyes were fixed on their flame user, Chanyeol.
 
"Hey--!" the tall man began, but was cut off. 
 
"Anyway," Suho said. "Are you implying that your father won't let you go?"
 
"We'll have to come up with a much better excuse than camping," D.O. said. "He rarely even lets us out of the house." 
 
"Then how come you're at the grocery store so often?" Kai asked. 

We all turned to look at him, our silent question clear, but nobody voiced it out loud.

 
"I-- I mean-- When I went to buy bubble tea materials for Sehun, he was there. And when I passed by to buy snacks another time, he was there again," Kai said quickly. "There's nothing going on." 
 
I wanted to narrow my eyes and ask him about it, but decided that I was in no position to accuse someone else of meeting secretly when I wanted to do the same. Luckily for Kai, nobody else asked anymore questions.
 
Xiumin suddenly snapped his fingers. "I know! Remember that training session Jae was offering?"
 
Lay nodded. "I can ask him to cover for us."
 
"That would put his life in danger," I said. 
 
"It would," Lay agreed. "That's why we have to be back within a week at most."
 
"Can any of you drive?" I asked, looking at the other side. 
 
"Chen and I can," Suho answered. "But we can only take one van, or else it would be suspicious. It can fit eight people max." 
 
"I can fly there," I said. 
 
"I can get there by myself," Chanyeol added. 
 
"Me too," Kai said. 
 
"That leaves eight of us," Suho said. "Perfect." 
 
"How long do you think it'll take to get there?" Kai asked. But he was looking at Tao.
 
"About thirty four hours and sixteen minutes," he said. My brothers and I stared at him with bewilderment. 
 
"He's very good when it has anything to do with time," Suho told us. "Judging from that, the earlier we start the better," Suho said. "Let's go home to pack, the meet back here tomorrow at five am."
 
"Wait," I said. "If we tell our Father that we're leaving so suddenly, he would get suspicious. Give us three days. It'll also give us time to come up with a better plan than to rush in blindly." 
 
"How will we communicate?" Suho asked. "We have to piece our plans together." 
 
"I can send my Dragon," I suggested. 
 
"Yes, because that huge thing isn't noticeable at all," Chanyeol said with a roll of his eyes. 
 
"Maybe we can meet at the grocery store," Kai said quietly. "We can exchange plans there and say we're getting snacks." 
 
I was hesitant. It was difficult for us to leave the house, and to do so so often would raise suspicion. But it was our best bet. I looked back at my brothers and they all nodded in agreement. 
 
"Then we send one person to meet tomorrow and on the third day at five p.m. at the grocery store close to the elementary school, one day to exchange plans and one day to make adjustments. Then leave on the forth day from now. We'll meet at five a.m. here and we can come up with a final decision," Suho said. "Does that sound good to everyone?" 
 
We all nodded. 
 
"If one side doesn't show up... We'll just assume something happened and continue with the plan," Suho said. 
 
"Make sure you're not followed," Chanyeol added. "I'm sure we're all here for the same reason. There's no need for fighting." 
 
"You're right," I told him. 
 
"Then let's leave it at that for now," Suho said. "Best of luck to you." 
 
"And you too," I said. 
 
Then we parted ways. I could sense the tension in all my brothers on the way back, and I could tell they were worried. What if this turns into an ambush instead? But when I thought about it, there was really no point in ambushing us there. They could easily enter our territory at anytime and corner us. Though it would require less struggle if they really were to ambush us, the sincerity in their eyes told me they really did want to stop the fighting. 
 
We had to at least give it a chance. 
 
- - - - - 
 
Wow it's been a really long time since I've updated. I'm sorry for the extremely extremely late update! 
 
Thank you so much for those who have stuck with the story and especially to those who left encouraging messages/comments! I likely wouldn't have even tried to update without your support. : ) Thank you so so much for waiting patiently for so long.
 
A note that my writing style has changed a little and I will likely be writing in 3rd person POV for most of the remaining chapters. I would've made this 3rd person too but I started writing it a while ago, so I just continued. 
 
Once again, thank you for your support! Even if I don't reply to all comments, I do read all of them and appreciate all of them! I will try to update soon. : ) I really do intend to finish this story!