Starting

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Sehun POV)

Closing then opening my eyes again, afraid this is all just a dream.


I woke up in familiar place. The same  lights, the same old ceiling staring back at me. I looked around and saw my older brother, Suho on the bed beside mine. He was still sleeping, so I got out of bed as quietly as I could and struggled to close the door silently behind me.

When I was in the hallway, I met another one of my brothers. It was Kai. Well, Jong In, but he prefers to go by Kai.

"Good morning, Kai." I said while holding back a yawn.

"Good morning, Sehunnie," he greeted, and ruffled my hair. "You're up early."

"I'm not sure why. I just woke up." I explained. We walked to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

Our adoptive father was there, so Kai and I instinctively gave a deep bow. "Good morning, Father. Did you sleep well?" we ask in union.

The man smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling up. "I did, thank you. How about yourselves?"

"Very well, thank you." we said firmly, as if reporting to an army officer.

"Aww, come on. No need to be so mannerly. Relax, I've told you to many times now." our Father said.

"But how can we? You've been so kind to us all these years, we can't possibly be rude to you." Kai protested.

"I didn't say rude, but I don't want you acting as if you're part of the military." Father said.

Just then, our older brother Chanyeol walked in. "Hey, dad. How are you this morning?" he slapped Father on the back.

"Great, thanks. How about you?"

"As good as can be." Chanyeol replied. I noticed that Chanyeol gave Kai and me a surprised look before turning away.

"See? Be more like your brother. Loosen up, you two. And to think you two are the youngest too." Father laughed, and I felt a smile find its place on my lips.

"Okay," I said.

"That's better! Now, what do you want for breakfast?" Father asked.

"Thank you for offering, Father, I'm fine with--"I received a stern look from Father. "Sorry, I mean-- I want waffles."

"No, no, it's not your fault. I should be happy to be blessed with children with such nice manners, yet here I am, complaining for them to slacken up." Father sighed.

"We'll do anything to make you happy, Father." Kai and I said at the same time.

"Thanks, kids." Our Father turned back into his usual, smiley self.

I went to wake up the others when Father told me to, and Kai ran off too.

"Suho, time to wake up and eat breakfast!" I called, shaking my older brother. He mumbled something into his blanket but didn't sit up. "Hurry, Father is waiting."

Suho's eyes opened, and he gave me the same look Chanyeol did before. Surprised, he sat up slowly without taking his eyes off me.

"You..."

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing. Um.... name..." Suho still had that weird look on his face.

"Are you that sleepy? It's me, Sehun. What's wrong?" I asked, my lisp appearing again.

"Sorry, I'm very tired. Go first, Sehun. I'll catch up in a few minutes." he told me. Obediently, I left the room and headed back to the dinning room.

We had breakfast mostly in silence, with the occasional question and answers. I noted that Chanyeol, Suho, Father, and my other two brothers Chen and Tao exchanged weird glances during the meal. Kai and I looked at each other in confusion. It was unusual for the seven of us to eat so quietly. Normally, there would be lots of random chatter.

Another odd thing I noticed was that everybody, except for Father, was treating Kai and me really weirdly. They were acting as if they didn't know how to behave around us, as if they suddenly forgot who we are. I think Kai noticed too, because he kept giving me uncomfortable glances.

"Excited for your first day of training, Sehun, Kai?" Father asked.

"Yes!" we both replied, instantly forgetting about our other problem. The two of us were one of the youngest, and since we were born in the same year, we start our special power training in the same year. All our other brothers, except Tao, have started quite a while ago, so it was only us two that have yet to learn to harness our special abilities. The training was structured so those who have just started to develop their powers will be able to control it better, so it wouldn't be harmful to anybody.

"Sehun, your power is Wind right? Have you thought of a cool name for it yet?" Father asked. I thought about that for a while.

Everybody here had a power, and if the name of it is lame, they were able to choose another 'codename' for it to sound more... superhero-like. Chanyeol's power, which is fire, is called the power of the Phoenix. Chen's lightning is now Divine Judgment. Suho's water power is called Reflection. I wondered what mine and Kai's will be called.

"No, I don't have any ideas..." I admitted.

"How about Silence?" Kai suggested.

"No bad," I said. "I'll take it. What about yours?"

"...I'm not sure..." he looked deep in thought for a few seconds.

"Teleportation right?" Chanyeol asked, and Kai nodded. "Let's see how it looks like before we decide a codename for it."

We finished the rest of the meal quickly as Kai and I excitedly imagined our powers. We quickly dumped our dishes into the sink and headed towards the practice room in the basement. It was my first time down there, and I could feel a huge smile hanging on my lips. I looked towards Kai and saw that he had the exact same expression.

"Suho, Chanyeol, Chen, please train with them." Father said. "I have to go do some work."

"Sure."

Tao looked at Kai and me with disappointment. "I wish I could start now too."

"Don't worry, you're still young."

"You're younger than me!" he complained.

"I got it sooner. Just wait a few more week, I'm sure your power will be awesome." I told him. He smiled in response and quietly went to sit in a corner and watch us train.

"Do you know how to use your power at all?" Chanyeol, who was my instructor, asked.

"Kind of," I said.

"Show me."

I focused all my energy into creating a soft breeze in the room, which was extremely difficult for me.

"Good start. It shouldn't take that much energy though. It'll get better with practice." my older brother told me.

So we spend the next few hours with him teaching me how to control my power better. There were many little tips he gave me that surprisingly helped a lot. I took a few glances at Kai and noticed that he was progressing faster than I am. I was happy for him, but also disappointed in myself. Chanyeol noticed.

"Don't worry, you're not slow. Its just that your powers are different, so it'll take different lengths of time to master." he told me.

"You sound so wise, though you're barely older than me." I teased.

"I've been all this longer than you." he smacked me playfully on the head and we got back to practice.

Father came down to provide us with water, and we gratefully drank it.

"How's it going?" he asked.

"Great!" Kai said at the same time as me.

"Good to hear. Having fun?"

"Yeah!"

"I hate not being able to watch you on your first day, but I have urgent work to do. Remember what you did, I'm expecting a full report from you later." Father laughed.

"Okay, don't overwork yourself, Father." I said.

"Thank you for worrying about me, Sehun." Father waved before he disappeared through the door.

We continue with our practice

Great family, kind family, friendly brothers. I live my life peacefully for the next five years.

- - - - -
For those who are wondering, their Father isn't the man who kidnapped them. Also, with my horrible explanation skills, this chapter was probably really confusing. So basically, their memories were altered, and they woke up the next day in the house they're in right now. Chanyeol, Tao, Chen and Suho didn't get their memories changed so they were surprised to see two new faces around. Yeah.... More will be explained in the later chapters. : )