Water

When the Sun and Moon Meet
(Lay POV)
Every day I only watch you and constantly think of you in my heart.
 

"Kris, is Luhan back yet?" I asked.

"No, he isn't. Where do you think he is? We've waited all night!" Kris shouted from upstairs.

Yesterday afternoon, I had seen Luhan storm into the room with an aura I have never felt him with before. His eyes were shining with tears and burning with rage. After I told her where Kris was, he had ran out the back door and I had watched the two of them through the window. Luhan had walked up to him and asked him something that I couldn't hear. Kris had given him a weird look before shaking his head. Then to the shock of both of us, Luhan had walked up to the younger man and grabbed his collar. I could clearly see Kris' eyes widening before he frowned and pushed Luhan away. His voice had been loud enough for me to hear.

"Okay, okay! What's wrong with you today? Fine!"

After that, Luhan left. From what I had heard from Kris later, apparently Luhan had asked him to send Hiou out with a message for someone in the Moon Clan. When Luhan had returned with the message, Kris had quickly scanned through it to see what he was sending out.

"He's meeting a boy named Sehun in the forest at midnight today." Kris had told me.

"I'll go look for him." I called, snapping out of my flashback.

"Be careful." Kris said. "I'll follow in a few minutes after I finish."

"Okay."

I ran into the forest, not even sure where I should be going. I sniffed around the air, smelling for traces of blood. As a Healer, I've always had a sharp sense for the metallic liquid. When I didn't smell anything, I let out a breath of relief.

"Luhan? Luhan! Where are you?" I yelled.

There was a rustle behind me.

"Luhan!" I spun around with a smile on my face, only to have it fade very quickly.

The man standing in front of me wasn't Luhan. Instead of Luhan's slight baby features, this man had the face of an adult. He had a worried expression on his face.

"Luhan... I've heard that name. You're from the Sun Clan, aren't you?" he asked, then narrowed his eyes. "What have you done with Sehun?"

The name sparked in my head. "Sehun? You know Sehun? Where is he?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"He might know where Luhan is."

"That Luhan of yours better not have put some crazy idea into Sehun's head. He's such a nice boy... If Luhan somehow convinced him to run away..." the other man's voice grew low with a note of threat.

"Luhan isn't like that." I told him. "He wouldn't just leave."

"How would you know?"

Because he's the prophet. I though, but decided to keep it to myself. "Because he's... responsible."

The other man kept his glare up for a few more seconds before sighing, all signs of a frown disappearing from his face. Suddenly, he looked tired and helpless.

"Sorry for snapping at you like that. I'm just really worried about Sehun." he apologized.

Snapping? You call that snapping? You haven't seen my father. I thought with a silent bitter laugh. "Don't worry about it. I know how you feel."

He looked up at me, a faint smile on his lips, and stuck out his hand for a shake. "I'm Suho. I know we're not suppose to be talking like this but... Well, we have a good excuse to."

"I'm Lay," I told him, returning his smile. I reached over and took his hand.

Sudden images flashed through my head, but it was gone too soon for me to even remember them clearly.

A gentle smile. A boy laughing as he held his hand towards me. A watering bucket. Flowers. A garden. A large bulb... Faye.

A confused frown formed on my face, and I could see Suho's do the same thing as mine.

What was that? I wondered.

Suho shook his head and snapped out of his daze. "Where do you think they are?"

"I'm not sure... "

I noticed Suho staring at me, and I did the same back. He quickly looked away with a faint flush of red on his cheeks.

Then, out of nowhere, a monster that looked like a large panther jumped out of the bushes nearby straight for us. Suho's reflexes as a fighter were much faster than mine and he instantly pushed me away from the path of the monster. I didn't see the branch behind me and fell over it, landing with a loud crunch of leaves.

The black creature whipped its head towards me and looked at me hungrily with scarlet red eyes. As a healer, I really couldn't do much except close up wounds. That was something I hated about myself.

"Get up!" Suho yelled.

I pushed myself off the ground just managed to jump out of the way in time. Its huge black paws landed a split second after.

To my surprise, Suho ran over to me and stood protectively between me and the monster. He shot a small ball of water from his hands, and it pierced the monster on the shoulder. Suho attacked it a few more times before it crumpled down to black dust.

"Are you okay?" Suho asked me.

I nodded. "Are you?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I could sense that it was a lie though. With my healing powers, I could tell that there was a bloody gash under his black long sleeved shirt.

"Lift your sleeve." I ordered.

"W-why?"

"So I can see."

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry."

I sighed and went to do it myself. I gently pulled up his sleeve and saw that my sense had been right. There was a jagged wound where the monster had scratched him with its spiked claws.

My hands glowed a soft green colour as I ran some of my healing powers through my hand. Then I pressed it softly against the wound on his arm and held it there until the wound completely closed.

Suho sighed in relief when all that was left were blood stains. He simply summoned some water and rinsed it off. After he was done that, he reached his hand out for me.

I just stared at it, confused.

Suho laughed softly. "Don't you want to get the blood off your hands as well?"

Hesitantly and slowly, I reached over to him and he took my hand in his. Somehow, his grip felt very familiar, as if he's held my hands many times before.

He took my hand and summoned up some more water before helping me wipe off all the traces of blood. Suho took his time doing that, rubbing it several times even though the scarlet colour was already gone.

"Lay?" The voice yelling in the forest jerked both of us out of our thoughts.

"That's Kris. Sorry, but I have to go now." I told Suho, standing up.

"Ahh.. Okay. Well, I guess I'll see you next time then." Suho said with a gentle smile, then raced off into the forest with a wave.

"Lay!" Kris' voice rang through the woods.

"Here!" I answered, running to where Kris was, not wanting him to see the blood on the forest floor.

"Finally. I thought you were lost too." Kris told me.

"Oh... no, I'm not." I said absentmindedly.

Kris narrowed his eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine. Let's keep looking for Luhan."

"He can't be that far off, right?"

Through the rest of our search, I wasn't even paying attention to what Kris was saying as my thoughts kept flickering back to Suho.

Why does he seem so familiar? Have I met him before?

All sorts of questions ran through my head, none of which I had an answer for.

- - - - -

Next is Kaisoo. :D