Trouble

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Luhan POV)

As long as it’s you and me continuing on together

Although it was against the rules, Sehun and I met up again. When I had gotten home yesterday, I realized that I never told Sehun my name, yet he knew it anyway. I didn't know why, but for some reason, I didn't find it weird either. We aren't suppose to be meeting, but I couldn't help but be curious about Sehun. We've never met until that day, but it felt as if we had known each other for a lifetime.

"Aren't you afraid to fall off?" I asked, staring up at Sehun sitting all the way up in a tree.

"No, why?"

"...Why not?"

Sehun shrugged. "Maybe it's because of my power. I always like high places."

I continued staring up at him, judging the distance and predicting whether or not I would be able to make it up there. He caught me staring and grinned down at me.

"Can't climb trees? Want me to go down instead?" he offered.

"No, I just don't want to climb." I lied.

"Oh, really."

I nodded stubbornly.

"Okay then. I'm going to stay up here then." he said and turned his gaze away from me, then closed his eyes.

I unintentionally pouted as I glared at the tree. Why was it so tall? I walked around and tried to find the starting place for my long climb up. It was a thick tree, and there were many places I would get a hold on. After the second round, I finally decided one one branch. It looked the strongest out of the ones on the bottom, so I thought it was best to start there.

Without giving myself a chance to back out, I started pulling myself up the tree. I've always been afraid of heights, but I didn't want Sehun to see that weakness in me.

When I was on my fifth branch, Sehun opened his eyes and stared down at me curiously with an amused expression. I ignored him and continued to struggle up the tree.

"Don't come any higher. It'll get dangerous. I'll go down instead." Sehun told me and shifted positions to start climbing down.

"No! I can do it." I insisted. I knew that my stubbornness would get me in serious trouble one day.

"I'm not talking just about you. Nobody should come this high. Even I was risking it." he said.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine. I can--"

SNAP.

The branch I had grabbed broke. My eyes widened with surprise as I started falling down the way I had come. I didn't even have a chance to yell or anything before the ground was way too close for my liking.

Ah, I knew it. Me and my stubbornness.

I squeezed my eyes shut by instinct and waited for the impact of hitting the ground. However, to my pleasant surprise, a insanely strong gust of wind blew me off course from the ground and threw me into a pile of leaves instead. The wind had broken my fall, and if weren't for it, I more than likely would have broken a few bones. Or worse.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked as he hurriedly climbed down the rest of the tree. "Luhan?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for saving me." I said as I tried to dig myself out of the piles of leaves.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to get a first aid kit?" he asked and stared at me with big, worried eyes.

"I'm sure."

Sehun helped me get up and he scanned me over, making sure I really wasn't hurt.

"So, are you going to attempt that again next time?" he teased.

"No. I think I'll be fine with keeping both my feet on the ground." I said.

Sehun laughed lightly. "I warned you."

Suddenly, the winds picked up and Sehun frowned. He looked around slowly with cautious eyes and his frown deepened.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't know... something just feels... off." Sehun said.

When he mentioned it, I also felt that something was weird. The air just seemed more...icy and cold than usual. A bad feeling began brewing in my stomach. Since I have the power of a Prophet, my gut feelings were usually quite accurate.

"Sehun, I think we should--"

Before I could even finish, a huge thorn of ice shot out from the bushes. Since it came so suddenly, Sehun had no time to dodge before it embedded itself into his chest. My eyes widened when I realized it was where his heart would be. Sehun stood stunned and speechless for a second before falling onto the ground. Blood gushed out from his wound way too fast for my liking.

"Sehun!" I yelled and started running towards him, but a strong hand held me back. I looked behind me and saw a man with a stone-like expression on his face. Though I have rarely seem anyone from the Main House before, I recognized him as Xiumin's mentor.

"Luhan." his voice matched his face. "What do you think you're doing here?"

"I--"

"I don't want to hear excuses. Let's go back."

"Wait! I need to help him! He'll die like this!" I protested and tried to get away from his grasp. The pool of crimson around Sehun was getting larger by the second, and I was sure he didn't have much more blood to lose before it became fatal. Asides from that, I wasn't sure if he was even alive anymore. From the position the spike had pierced him, it would have damaged at least part of his heart.

"Is that any of your concern?"

"Is that-- Why wouldn't it be? You're willing to just stand by and watch someone die?!"

"He is from the Moon Clan. Let's go." Xiumin's mentor began to drag me away as I struggled against his grip every step of the way. After what seemed like forever, we arrived at the house my family lived at. "You're to stay here until I come get you again for your punishment. If you set foot back into Moon territory, your punishment will be doubled, do you understand?"

I just ignored him and ran into the house. I slammed the door open and sprinted up the stairs. "Lay!" I yelled.

My brother with overgrown bangs peeked around the corner worriedly. "What's wrong? What happened Luhan? Why is there blood on your shirt?"

I looked down at myself and just realized that there were big blotches of scarlet on my white shirt. At the moment, I didn't really care. "Lay, please, you have to come with me! There's someone bleeding to death in the woods!"

Lay's eyes widened. "What happened?"

"W-well..."

Understanding passed through his eyes and he shook his head. "You can explain later. Where is this person?"

"Come with me."

I led the way downstairs and looked outside to see if anyone else was there. When I saw that the yard was empty and there was nobody else for as long as I could see, I stood a test step outside.

Silence.

I turned around and waved for Lay to follow me into the woods. I sprinted as fast as I could towards where Sehun was.

"How bad is the injury?" Lay asked.

"I-I don't know." I admitted. "We're he--"

I cut off.

The place where Sehun had been laying at was now empty. I wouldn't have even realized it was that spot had it not been for the large patch of scarlet on the ground from his blood.

Sehun was gone.

- - - - -
Eek sorry for the short update after such a long time. @__@ I have summer school and there's a lot of homework. I'll try to update more often though.

Also, I'll try harder to put in more couples from now on. I've been trying to keep with the plan I made so that everything works out in the end. xD