Guilt

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Sehun's POV)

You will always have me even if the entire world is cold and dark

"Sehun!" a voice yelled.

I was snapped out of my thoughts and into the present. The first thing I saw was a huge black monster with scarlet eyes charging at me with its horns pointed right at my chest. I didn't have enough time to react, since I was frozen with surprise. A force hit me on the side and knocked me to the side, crashing into the ground with me. I looked up and saw Kai on me, having protected me from getting hurt.

"Pay attention!" he scolded.

"S-sorry..." I told him quietly.

Kai stared at me for a few more seconds, then sighed before standing up. I saw lightning flash behind him as Chen used his power to try and defeat the monster. There was also water on the ground around the beast, which made the electricity even more deadly.

"I know you're worried... Probably about that kid you keep talking about." said Kai.

"Luhan. And he's older than us." I corrected.

"Well, aren't you worried about Chanyeol? He's been missing for two whole days."

"I am. Of course I am." I said. "But we can't do anything... Father's been trying to gather information, but he hasn't got anything yet."

Kai looked at me in the eyes. "We both know where he is."

I tore my gaze away.

"Though he's very protective, Chanyeol's always been the impulsive and hot tempered type. He probably went to the Sun Clan after he saw what happened with you." Kai continued. "He's probably been captured."

"Then why don't we tell Father?"

"He knows. I'm sure he does. But it's not as easy as just going there and demanding they let Chanyeol go."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Of course they won't. It's not like they captured him from our territory. Chanyeol went by himself. They have the right to imprison him." Kai told me.

I knew there was more to, but I was thankful Kai didn't say it out loud. Chanyeol wasn't the only one at fault for not being able to just approach the Sun Clan. I was too. Father didn't want to get me in trouble too, since I was the reason why Chanyeol got caught in the first place.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Kai sighed again. He seemed to be doing that a lot. "I can't say that it's not your fault, but I don't want you to blame yourself."

Since I didn't know what else to say, I just repeated myself. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. Just work as hard as you can to get everything back to normal." Kai told me.

"I will." 

"What are you two talking about?" Chen asked as he walked up to us.

"Nothing. I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat." Kai said, as if nothing happened.

"Um... Okay." Chen said, glancing between my depressed expression and Kai's. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him.

"You don't look fine."

"Don't worry. I'm just tired." I tried to smile at him. I probably did look exhausted. I haven't been able to sleep well for the past few days.

Chen just stared at me for a few seconds. "Don't worry about him."

"Hmm?"

"Chanyeol." Chen said. "You don't have to worry about him. He's strong. He can watch out for himself." 

I smiled slightly. "Yeah, he can."

Chen linked me arm and steered me towards the house. "Father is doing his best to track Chanyeol. We'll get him back soon."

"We will."

- - - - -

I'm sorry for the late and short update. >__< There's so much homework!
I'll try to get the next chapter up soon.