The Sun Mansion

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Chanyeol's POV)

I will protect you forever, I'm eternally in love.

I had seen it fly in.

At first I thought it might have been just a large bird flying in the sky, but when I squinted at it, I realized it wasn't just any winged creature. It was a dragon.

I followed it from the ground silently and I had watched it land by the house and sniff the air. After a few seconds, it had awkwardly walked over to where a figure was bent over a flower in the garden. I had been about to shout out, but I stopped myself when I saw the dragon nudge the person squatting down, almost making him do a face-plant on the ground because of the sudden force.

"Wha--?!" the person had stuttered. It was Sehun.

The dragon looked at the youngest of my family and stretched out its long neck towards him. There was a rolled up piece of paper in its mouth that I hadn't noticed before.

Sehun had hesitantly reached for the paper and gingerly unrolled the sheet that was almost drenched with the dragon's saliva.

Suddenly, his eyes had lit up and a smile appeared on his face. Then he had patted the dragon on the head before sprinting off into the woods. I raced after him, worried that he was about to do something without thinking properly again.

I had been right.

He met up again with the boy that had caused his serious injury last time. It took all I had to just stay hidden while watching the two of them without stepping in and punching that Sun Clan boy in the face. He had already almost cause Sehun's death, and he dares try to meet up with him again? He sure had some guts.

However, to my surprise, the situation took an unexpected turn.

Instead of the two of them hugging and making up about last time like I had expected, the atmosphere was very tense. I couldn't hear what they had been talking about, but suddenly, Sehun ran off.

Surprised, I quickly took off after him. However, since he got a head start, I quickly lost sight of him. I retraced my steps and went back to where I came from, thinking that Sehun would probably run back to the house after he calmed down. There, I found the Sun Clan boy unconscious on the floor.

I had thought of just leaving him there. He deserved it. However, I wasn't that heartless yet.

I sighed as I pulled him onto my back and began walking back to my house. The boy wasn't heavy at all, and I could easily walk with him on my back. A while later, I arrived at my house. I quietly sneaked into the house in the middle of the night and laid the boy I was carrying on my bed.

When Sehun didn't come back an hour later, I had began to get worried. I went back into the woods to look for him, and when I couldn't find him, I ran back to the house and told everyone else.

That was how the search party was started.

I had been so relieved when Kai came out of the woods with Sehun. To say that I had been close to tears would have been embarrassing, so I kept it hidden.

However, along with relief, there had been rage. Once again, Sehun had almost gotten hurt because of that Sun Clan person. I could see on Sehun's face that something had gone wrong.

While the others were busy taking care of Sehun, I had came out of the house with the Sun Clan boy and called Flare out. I placed the still unconscious boy on Flare's back and then climbed on myself. I had originally planned to just let him go after he wakes up, but after I saw how Sehun was because of him, I couldn't let him off so easily anymore. I knew that what I was about to do was irrational and rash. However, I had been too blinded with anger that I didn't even care anymore.

I rode Flare to the Sun Clan's Mansion.

I wanted to threaten the Sun Clan about staying away from my family by having the boy as a hostage, but when I thought carefully about it, I realized I didn't know what to do at all.

And that's how I ended up standing in front of a mansion without a single clue of what to do next.

I sighed as I messaged by forehead where a headache was starting to form. Flare glanced at me worriedly.

"Who are you?" a voice suddenly asked behind me.

I tensed up and turned around into a fighting stance. However, that quickly loosened when I saw the face of the person who spoke. It was the one that I had fought in the battle a while ago. The one that I sort of recognized.

"You..." he trailed off.

Seems like he recognized me as well.

"Chanyeol?" he asked.

Haven I told him my name before? But that didn't matter as his name flickered in my head.

Baekhyun.

"Yeah." I said.

"What are you doing here...?

Then his eyes flickered to Flare and saw the boy on his back.

"Luhan!"

He ran over to Luhan and checked him over.

"Luhan! Wake up! We've been searching everywhere for y--"

I shoved him aside. Baekhyun gave me a confused look after he regained his balance.

"I didn't come here to just give him back." I told him.

"Then why...?"

"Don't let him come near Sehun again or I'll kill him the next time I see him."

Baekhyun flinched slightly at my harsh words, and for some reason, I felt kind of guilty. However, my pride wasn't about to let me apologize.

"I understand. Please let me take him inside now." Baekhyun said. "He's likely close to getting sick now."

I kind of sympathized with Baekhyun. He probably knows how it feels like to constantly worry about the ones he loves. Always afraid that they'll be hurt in this violent world... or worse.

I had come here to say more things, but seeing Baekhyun somehow drained all the bitterness out of me.

Sighing in defeat, I gestured for Flare to squat down so that I could pull Luhan off his back. When I turned around, Baekhyun was standing so close that I almost dropped the other boy in my arms.

"Whao--" Baekhyun quickly reached out to steady me. "Be careful."

This feels different. Was the first thought that popped into my head. Somehow.... flipped? What?

I was getting more and more confused. Where were these thoughts coming from? Flipped? Different? Different from what?

"Are you... feeling okay?" Baekhyun asked.

I shook my head to clear it. "Y-yeah. I'm fine."

Baekhyun took Luhan from my hands. However, he had difficulty carrying the other boy. I felt a faint smile curl my lips as I watched Baekhyun try to get Luhan into a manageable position. How the other boy could sleep through all that is a mystery to me.

"I'll hel--"

There was suddenly a stinging and tingling feeling on the back of my neck. I reached back and pulled out a extremely thin needle. That was when my vision began to blur and the world spin around me.

The sound of someone calling my name was the last sound I heard before losing consciousness.