My Life

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Luhan POV)

Sincerely standing in your line of sight, wanting to watch your eye.

 

"Luhan!" I heard a voice call from behind me. I turned around and saw Baekhyun running towards me. "How have you been?"

"Why are you asking me that suddenly?" I raised a questioning eyebrow. "It's not like I just started living here this week."

Was that a look of panic that flashed through Baekhyun's eyes? "I- I was just being polite!"

"Okay, okay. I'm fine, thanks. How about you?" I asked.

"Good. Do you wanna do something today?" he smiled widely at me.

"Sure--"

"Luhan! Baekhyun!" a stern voice yelled.

Baekhyun and I exchanged an 'uh oh' look before turning around. Our father was standing on the porch, frowning at the two of us.

"What are you two doing? Everyone else is busy practicing their powers and you two are running around having fun? Get back to work!" he shouted at us. Baekhyun flinched beside me and I squeezed his hand.

"Okay, we'll--"

"How dare you speak to me that way." his face began to turn red, and I quickly fixed myself.

"I'm sorry. We'll go right now, Father. Please excuse us." I hurriedly pulled Baekhyun behind me as I ran towards the front door.

"Luhan, stay behind. I need to talk to you." our step father said.

I sighed and told Baekhyun to go on ahead without me. He gave me a scared look, but before he could protest, I pushed him inside. I walked calmly back to where my father was standing. He looked unhappy.

"Luhan, you should know that you're one of the oldest ones here. You should behave better. Running off during practice? That's a bad example for the younger ones. Don't do it again." he said.

Being a child, I instinctively argued back. "I wasn't running off, I--"

Smack.

I held the stinging left side of my head in shock. He just hit me. It wasn't the first time, but for some reason, I just can't seem to get used to it. Oddly, tears began to form in my eyes and I stare at him with blurry eyes. Without another word, I ran inside the house. Kris had been waiting for me by the door, and sprang up from his sitting position next to the wall when he saw me. Seeing the state I was in, he took a step back in surprise before he pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay, Luhan. Don't cry." he said. I swallowed and nodded, pulling back from the embrace.

"Thanks," I told him.

Kris nodded. "Let's get to practice?"

"Okay."

We headed out to the attic, which had been specially made to be able to handle our fierce training. It was sound proof, and was probably the strongest part of the house. Walking the the stairs, we finally reached it and opened the door.

"Jerk!" was the first thing we heard. A piece of bread comes flying towards me, and I duck just in time. Kris, who had been behind me, didn't see it until it was right in front of his face. It hit him on the nose.

Silence filled the room before someone said "Uh oh..."

I looked up and saw D.O. staring at the tall boy behind me with wide eyes.

Kris slowly walked into the room, holding the piece of bread in his hand. Quick as a flash, he flung it back at D.O.. It hit him right in the middle of the forehead, and we all burst out laughing at his priceless expression. Even Lay, who was sitting quietly in a corner with a book, was quietly chuckling. Xiumin's cheeks were puffed out like a dumpling as he grinned.

I saw Lay wave at me from the corner of my eyes. I looked over at him and he gestured for me to go to him. I did, and he patted the ground next to him. I sat down.

"Does your head hurt?" he asked.

"A little bit." I felt a bump beginning to form. It was swollen now.

Lay took my hand off my head and placed his gently on the purple flesh. His hand glowed a faint green colour and for some reason, I felt the pain increase. Just as I was about to pull away, it was gone.

"There, all better. I wouldn't have done it if it hurt a lot. My healing does heal the wound, but it doubles the pain." he told me. I nodded. That explains it.

I looked around and saw that D.O. and Kris were still playing with the piece of bread while Baekhyun and Xiumin were laughing at the side.

If only our step father is nicer to us ... I thought. Then life would be wonderful.

"Luhan, what are you thinking about?" Lay asked.

"Our father."

"Ahh..."

The man that had hit me earlier was our step father who had married our mother after our real father's death. She had done it because she had always been frail, so she wanted someone else to be able to take care of us. She was kind and patient as well as beautiful, the perfect mother. She passed away four years ago.

Now we live alone with our step father and he was a strict, cold hearted man. I often wonder what Mother saw in him. He acted like we were part of the military and made us train constantly. Even at an extremely young age, we were forced into the attic to awaken our powers. I still remember the time when he locked Lay upstairs for a two whole days until he triggered his Healing power. I think Lay changed after that. The boy that used to joke around constantly is now quiet and introverted. He still smiled and everything, but he seemed so much further away now. Always calm and collected, it's hard to tell what he's thinking about.

I glanced at Lay from the corner of my eye. He noticed and gave me a light smile. "Lay..."

"Hmm?"

"How come you're always so calm?" I asked.

"If the Healer panics, how will the others react?" he returned my question with another question.

"They'll be scared?" I suggest.

"Exactly. So if I were to be calm, then it wouldn't be as bad." he told me.

Many times, I've thought that Lay is much more mature than others his age, and I admired him for that.

Suddenly, something light hits me on the side of the head. Bread crumbs scatter all around me. I picked up the abused piece of food and looked around. Kris and D.O. were coated with bread crumbs too, and even Baekhyun and Xiumin who were sitting at the side were dusted with it. The four of then were holding their stomachs as they laughed. I had no idea what was so funny, but it made me feel happy. Grinning, I pulled my hand back for the throw. With a flick of my hand, I flung it back at Kris. He caught it and our game of catch with the piece of bread continued.

That was mostly how my life was like for the next five years.

- - - - -
I know this is confusing, but I made it that way on purpose. It'll be explained later on. : ) But if you have any questions, feel free to ask.