First Mission

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Sehun POV)

I just want to walk together with you at the same pace and create a concerto.


A fireball barely missed my shoulder as if flew by, and the heat of it was way too close for comfort. I had leaped out of the way, and that caused me to roll down the hill.

"Sorry!" Chanyeol yelled after me. I stopped myself half way down and ran back up. A black monster screeched over my head and I covered my ears at the sound. It was like fingernails scratching a chalkboard, maybe even worse.

"You really should work on our accuracy, Chanyeol." I said.

"It's not my fault! They keeps moving!" Chanyeol protested. There were five huge, black birds surrounding him. Chen shot some bolts of lightning at them, but only one of them was hit. The rest just moved nimbly out of the way and it struck the ground next to them. Suho tried to dampen their feathers so they couldn't fly anymore, but all the creatures did was dodge the bullets of water. Tao had already stopped time earlier, and was now exhausted and resting at the side with Kai to defending him. Joining the battle, I created some small hurricanes and it brought down two birds, which Chen quickly disintegrated with his lightning. The two that were left were quick, and they kept taking jabs at Chanyeol with their sharp beaks. Chanyeol threw some more fire balls, but it didn't go anywhere near the birds. Another bird flew past overhead, and the black monstrosities were distracted for a as they looked up. Kai took the chance and teleported to Chanyeol, grabbed his hand and teleported out. It all happened in less an two seconds.

"Good job," Suho praised.

"Thanks, Kai." Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief.

"You're welcome." Kai said.

After Chanyeol was freed from them, it was much easier to take the beasts down since we didn't have to worry about injuring Chanyeol anymore. The fight ended fast after that.

"Should we get going home?" Suho suggested. We nodded eagerly. "Alright, let's go."

Kai grabbed all our hands, and with a snap of his fingers, we were back at our house. Father was waiting for us at the door, and his worried look melted into a smile when he saw us.

"Welcome back!" he called to us.

"Thanks," we all said with a huge smile on our lips.

"I made some snacks. Let's go and eat it." Father said and waved for us to get inside the door. We do, and all of us walk to the kitchen where a wonderful smell was drifting from. "Eat anything you want, there are tonnes left."

With excited chatter of our very first mission, my brothers and I chatted while eating with Father. After we were done with our story, Father's expression darkened.

"What's wrong, Father?" Suho asked.

"Well... I want you guy still be aware of the situation." Father explained. "I guess you boys haven't seen the difference since it was your first mission. However, I want you guys to know that the Monsters have been acting... strange lately. For some reason, they're more aggressive and bold than before, and reports of their attack has been getting more and more frequent. I want to keep you guys safe, so I might not send you on missions as often."

"We'll be fine. There are six of us. We should be able to get through it." Chanyeol said.

"It's that type of attitude that will get you into trouble." Father frowned. "What if they corner you alone? What will happen?"

We were silent, not wanting the dark though to go on.

"Please understand, I just want to keep you guys safe." Father said, and we nodded.

"We understand, Father. Thank you for looking out for us." Kai replied.

"Thanks, Kai. Why don't you guys practice in the basement for now? If I get a safer mission, I'll let you guys go on it." Father gave us a hesitant smile.

"I know you're trying to keep them from being killed, Hyun Soo, but I'm afraid these boys are our only hope."

We all turned as a new voice entered our conversation suddenly. It was a tall man with a cold expression and black clothing. We have never seen him before, but he gave me a bad feeling.

"Director. Please, don't force them. They haven't even fully mastered their powers yet." our Father protested.

"As you said earlier, the Monsters have been getting more and more dangerous. These youngsters here are the only fresh batch of members we have. They're the only one that has a chance of stopping the chaos. Even they said themselves that they can handle this, right?" the newcomer said, looking at Chanyeol, who didn't say anything.

Our Father frowned deeper and looked really mad, an emotion we have rarely ever seen from him. "So you're saying that you're willing to throw their lives away? Just because they're young doesn't mean you can just throw them out as live bait!"

The other man coughed what sounded like a laugh. "I didn't say I would do that. I just mean that they will be trained specially for the upcoming fight. That is what I'm here for today, to pick them up. Their special lessons will start today afternoon."

"But they just got back from their Mission, they need to rest!"

"Don't worry, we have prepared special refreshments for them." the Director said.

Father's eyes widened. "You can't mean-- That's horrible for them! You can't just expect them to drink that and be prepared! Please, just let them rest today. I promise to send them over tomorrow at noon."

The Director sighed. "Only because it's you asking. One minute after noon, and they'll receive severe punishment." he warned.

A relieved look passes over Father's eyes. "Thank you. I'll make sure they get there on time."

"Alright. I'll be leaving now. See you all tomorrow." With a flash of his dark clothing, the Director was gone.

After a few moments of silence, Chanyeol spoke up. "Make us drink what?"

"You don't need to know that. Just make sure you don't drink anything they give you unless it's water." Father told us, and we nodded obediently.

"Okay."

"Now, go on and get some sleep. You'll need all the energy you can get if you're to survive the training program they have for you." Father sighed.

That made me curious, and I wondered what was going to happen the next day. It can't be that bad, right?

- - - - -
Sorry for the late update. There were a lot of tests and my friend just asked me to help take care of her dog over the long weekend. @__@ He's more work than I thought he would be. I'll try to update as soon as I can.