Honey and Tea

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Kai POV)

Dust and gravel, I will not let harm get near you
 

"Sehun!" I yelled. "Sehun! Where are you?!"

After searching the woods for almost a whole day, I was near tears. The family member that I was closest to has disappeared and there was no sign of him anywhere.

As I continued to venture deeper into the woods, there was a sudden breeze that seemed to guide me somewhere. After fist, I didn't want to follow, then I remembered that Sehun's power is wind...

Maybe it's trying to guide me to where he is? I thought.

As I started following it, the wind blew strong and stronger, forcing me into a sprint. When I burst out from between a few bushes, the wind suddenly died down. It was completely quiet until I heard a few sniffling sounds. Hopeful, I slowly walked towards it, not wanting to startle whoever was making the noise.

I peeked around a large tree trunk and relief flooded through me. It was Sehun.

"Sehun!"

The younger boy looked up at me with teary red eyes and I was immediately worried again.

"Sehun? What's wrong?" I asked and bent down to where he was curled up against the tree.

"N-nosthing." he told me.

"You're obviously lying."

His lisp tends to appear whenever he was nervous or lying. Even if I couldn't hear his lisp, it wasn't exactly hard to tell that he was lying because of his tears.

I softened my voice. "You don't have to tell me. I'll wait until you're ready."

Sehun looked up at me again and nodded. "Sthanks."

"Let's go home, okay? I'll make you something warm to drink." I told him, then offered my hand.

He looked at it for a few moments before taking it and pulling himself up. I wrapped my arm around his waist and guided him to where our house was.

When we came into view of the house, I saw Father talking to a furious Chanyeol. Father was the only one facing our direction, and when he saw us he froze. Then he ran through my other brothers and threw himself at Sehun.

"Sehun! We were so worried! Please, don't do this again!" Father said as he choked back a sob. Chanyeol wasn't far behind and was wrapping his arms around Sehun as well.

"Don't run off without telling us again." Chanyeol told him with a deep frown. "You have no idea what we went through."

"I'm sorry." Sehun said in a small voice.

"Kai, thank goodness you found him." Father told me. "But can I ask you to do one more thing?"

I nodded.

"Can you run down to the store and buy some tea and honey? I think that will help Kai calm down."

"Sure." I said.

"Thank you."

Without saying anything else, I took off in the direction of civilization. After about fifteen minutes, I finally started seeing some other houses. About another ten minutes later, I found a small supermarket and headed inside.

I wish Father told me which type to buy. I thought. I've always been the indecisive type.

I finally found the tea section after asking a staff about it. I picked up a box of bagged tea and then a tin of leaves.

"Which one...?" I wondered out loud.

I looked at the boxed one. It had more content and was cheaper. Then I took a look at the price tag of the tinned one. It had less and was a lot more expensive, but it said that it was good quality on the label.

I probably stood a good ten minutes standing there trying to decide when a voice spoke up behind me.

"Pick the one in the tin. It tastes better."

Surprised, I turned around and found myself looking into two large, doe like eyes that looked very familiar.

He's the boy I met in the market a few weeks before... I thought.

"I-is there something on my face?" the other boy asked, wiping at his face with his hands. That was when I realized I had been staring. I quickly looked away with embarrassment written all over my face.

"No. Sorry." I told him. "Thanks for helping me."

He smiled at me. "No problem."

Then he went on looking at the isle for some spices. I turned around, trying to find the honey now. To my surprise and delight, it was right behind me. Now that I've gotten the tea, it was time to stare at the honey.

One was a slightly more golden colour while the type next to it was a more orangey colour.

Great... This is why they shouldn't send me out to buy stuff... I sighed.

The boy with big eyes must have heard me sigh, because he turned around and peeked over my shoulder at what I was staring at.

"Do you like sweet things?" he told me.

I flinched at feeling his breath on my neck and turned around. He looked at me with wide, innocent eyes as he waited for my answer.

"Err... I guess so..." I said.

"The more orangey one is a bit sweeter." he stared at the tea in my hands. "If you're getting tea as well... I guess you're making honey milk tea?"

"Y-yeah. How did you know?" I asked.

The boy laughed softly. "I'm quite familiar with cooking."

"Do you cook a lot?"

"I do."

"I see."

He suddenly extended his hand towards me. "I'm D.O.. If you need anymore help with shopping, you can call me."

"Thanks, I'm Kai." I told him, then reached out to shake his hand.

When our hands touched, I saw a few flashes of memories go through my head, but they were way too fast for me to get a good look at any. All I was left with was that... I've met this guy before... and that his name was different before... Kyunnie? Kyunoo? Something like that.

D.O.'s eyes widened a bit when our hands touched and he stared at me. I just stared back without a word. A few minutes later, I was the first to break eye contact.

"Ah, sorry about that. I... blanked out I guess." he told me with an apologetic smile.

"It's fine."

"Well, I have to go now. There are others waiting at home for me to cook dinner." he told me.

"Okay. Thanks for you help again."

"You're welcome." D.O.said with another smile.

I felt my own lips pulling up into one as well.

When I finally made it home after almost two hours, all my brothers had come back and they were starting to get worried about me as well.

"What took you so long? I was beginning to think that you got kidnapped or something." Tao told me.

"Huh? Oh... I was just... I guess I got lost." I told him in a dazed voice.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling all right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

When I tried to make the honey milk tea, I accidentally overflowed the teapot and squeezed way too much honey into the mug. After Chanyeol saw me almost pour boiling water onto my hands, he decided to step in.

"You're acting really weird, Kai. Are you sure you're not sick or anything?" he asked me in his deep voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." I lied.

The truth was that I couldn't get my mind off the boy I met in the supermarket. It was the second time I saw him, yet once again, I couldn't get my mind off him.

Chanyeol sent me off to bed, and I was grateful. It gave me more time to sort out my thoughts.

When I walked into the room that I shared with Sehun, I saw that he was already asleep. But when I walked closer, I saw that his pillow was stained with the tears that flowed down his pillow. I felt a frown form on my forehead.

What happened to him? I don't think I've ever seen his like this before... I thought. I'll ask him when he wakes up...

Then I slipped into bed myself. It took a long time for me to fall asleep though, and I found myself trying to dig up memories I had of D.O..

Where have I met him before...?

- - - - -

In celebration of EXO M winning the "Best Group of the Year" in China and EXO as a whole winning the "Best Costumes/Clothing" award! :D

Umm... Proabably Xiumin and Chen next. : ) Or Baekyeol? Which one?