Plan

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Luhan's POV)

My eternal life has been taken away


The sun was starting to set, and despite the chilly temperature, I just sat there turning a flower over in my hands. I tilted my head up and watched as the sky was painted a crimson colour as the sun dipped down behind the horizon. It was like it was hiding from the moon, running away so it wouldn't have to face it.

That's how I felt; like running away.

It wasn't even just Sehun anymore. I was so mean to him, and I could clearly remember the hurt and shocked look in his eyes as he ran away from me as if I was a monster. Then there was Kris and the others, and the prisoner. The way they looked at me... Maybe I am a monster... I guess I am.

The prisoner... I was so glad the others came in time. I didn't want to actually hurt him, but I needed the others to see me like that. It was all part of the plan.

The plan. The things all our lives depended on. To say the truth, I didn't want to go on alone. I thought about just telling them and asking for help, but I know they wouldn't follow through with it to the end. They were too kind to. In order for it to be completed, I must continue alone on this lonely road.

Even if it means giving up everything I have, I must continue with the plan. There is no other way.

I watched as the small flower in my hand began to wilt, drooping to the side. It made me wonder how long I had been sitting there. I stood up and began moving around. I couldn't afford to get sick when Lay wasn't around. I had to save all my energy for the events that are coming my way.

I must have been going crazy, because I kept imagining myself with Sehun. Even though he wasn't actually with me, my imagination was so vivid and clear that it confused me several times and I thought he was right there, sitting beside me. I guess that was a side-effect of having the power of the mind. It even plays with my own head.

"Hey... Sehun." I imagined myself saying. "What would you do if tomorrow is my last day?"

"Last day? Don't talk like that." he would say. "You sound so depressing."

"I'm just wondering."

"I don't know. I guess I'd want to spend as much time together as possible, and do stuff together."

"Like what?"

"I want to take you to drink that new bubble tea shop I found. It's really good!"

"Is bubble tea all you think about?"

"Asides from you, then yes."


I chuckled as I imagined his answer. 

"Anything else? Maybe you want to tell me something?"

"No."

"What? No?"


I saw his smile in my head. So oddly familiar and sweet. "I'm just kidding. Of course I do."

"What is it?"

"What I've been telling you all this time. I lo--"


My foot suddenly snapped a stick, and my illusion was destroyed. I sighed. That was probably a sign that I wasn't meant to be thinking about him. I don't deserve to. Not after what I did to him.

I wonder how he's doing. I thought. Is he eating well? Keeping warm? Getting enough sleep?

I knew I wasn't in a position to worry about him and that his brothers would take care of him just fine, but I couldn't help myself. I still couldn't forgive myself for snapping at him like that. I was just so mad when I found out that it was Sehun's father who killed the one who had raised me. Why did I get mad at him? It wasn't like he was the one who killed my grandfather. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself, even if he forgives me.

I chuckled darkly to myself. Him forgiving me? I doubt that'll ever happen. His hatred for me will just keep getting stronger.

The moon was high in the sky by the time I was ready to think about anything else. I stared at the stars in the night sky for several minutes before sighing and sitting up.

I have to start planning.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the dark energy around me given off by the monsters. I hadn't seen any for several days, but that doesn't mean they weren't out there. Though I couldn't see them with my eyes, I could feel the dangerous auras they gave off. Even if I can't see them, I knew they were there. And getting stronger.

Usually there would be a few scattered dots in my scan, but recently, I had noticed that there was an extra large one near the mountains, and it was getting bigger everyday. The scattered ones were disappearing, but they were probably just gathering in that one spot. I wasn't sure if the monsters were smart enough to come up with a plan to destroy humanity, but I was starting to have doubts.

That was where my plan comes into play.

From what I had heard from grandpa, the monsters arrive into this world through a gate. The gate hasn't always been there. It appeared a long time ago, when the Sun and Moon Clan were one. Back in the past, the two Clans together was called the Exo Clan, Exo as in out of this world. Exo was the only Clan in the world with supernatural powers, and they lived together in peace. However, one day, a man decided that he didn't want to be in a world where there was no danger or thrill. His twisted mind wanted war, and since he had the power to, he decided summon some demons just for fun.

It was a difficult process and should have taken several years, but because he was extra powerful, he managed to do it within a few months. He would go to the location everyday and continue with his spell. Nobody suspected anything, so they didn't notice when he was practicing suspicious spells. Soon, he was ready to for his summon.

It's predicted that he died that day when he opened the gate to the world of the demons. He had probably expected the demons to listen to him and follow his orders. They didn't, of course. They likely killed him when he tried to order them around. He was never seen again, but those who were alive that day felt the enormous shock wave of his power when he first split the sky apart to make the portal.

That was also the day Exo split into two.

Those who believed that he was the reason the monsters appeared became the Sun Clan, and the Moon Clan was made by those who still had faith in him and believed that he had used his power in an attempt to stop the gate from opening. Peace was destroyed by one man, and he didn't even get what he wanted. He wanted to fight in wars right? He created them, but he didn't even get a chance to be in one. All he did was ruin the lives of those who would come after him.

Though that was the reason the two Clans went different ways, it was long forgotten. I wasn't even sure how many even knew the origin of the Sun and Moon Clans anymore. We fight now simply because we were taught to. It was silly and stupid, but there was nothing we could do. I could only hope that we would join together again one day, and soon.

I wished that the story came with a location. It would make my job so much easier if I knew exactly where the gate was located. I can sense vaguely where it is, but it would be difficult to pinpoint it. It would take a long time and many errors, but I didn't have time to waste. I knew I would need help, but I couldn't afford to get the other involved.

I know for sure they wouldn't go with it to the very end.

It's not that I doubted their fighting power or the strength of their will. What I doubted... Was whether or not their hearts were cold enough. Would they be able to watch someone die in front of them and continue on? Someone precious to them? Something that they love? No. They wouldn't. That was exactly why I was afraid to pull them in this with me. If they witness the death of someone important to them, their minds would shatter. Though we've been training to fight all our lives, most of us still don't know what it feels like to lose a loved one. I didn't know either, until recently.

"This is horrible." I mumbled. "I'm hungry."

I stared up at the sky again and hoped that the countless stars in the sky would fill up the hole in my heart. Maybe stomach too. But obviously, it was useless.

"I wish I have a pet like Kris. Or that prisoner. Having a phoenix or dragon sounds nice."

I continued to have a conversation with myself about nothing in particular as I watched the moon crawl its way across the dark sky. Soon, I felt my eyelids getting heavy and I allowed them to close. There were probably wild animals in the woods, but they were the last on my list of worries. Before long, I was asleep.