Basement

When the Sun and Moon Meet

(Baekhyun POV)

I will protect you forever, I'm eternally in love.

I looked around nervously before slipping down the hall hoping that nobody else would notice. I was sneaking down the hall when a voice almost made me jump out of my hoodie.

"Baekhyun?" it called.

I jerked to a stop, but relaxed when the voice registered in my brain. I let out a breath of relief before turning around.

"Lay, as the healer, you should know that scaring me isn't good for my heart." I told him.

"Why would I scare you just by calling your name?" he asked.

"I'm going to see the boy father captured the other day." I said. "Keep it a secret, please?"

Out of all the brothers I had, I knew I could trust Lay most. He wouldn't spill a secret even if it would cost him his life to keep it. After years of living with him, I knew that Lay was the best one to appraoch when I had something I want off my shoulders. He was a patient and gentle man.

"Oh. Okay, sure. Be careful though." Lay said, then disappeared around the corner. Probably to go check on Luhan.

I continued my way down the hall and looked around once more before heading down to the basement. It was the temporary jail our father had set up for the young man he caught yesterday.

When Chanyeol suddenly passed out yesterday, I thought that my father had threw a knife in his back, but as it turned out, it was only a tranquilizing needle. When I felt his pulse and saw no blood, I had let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. I don't know why I cared so much for the tall brunette, but I did.

Our father had immediately locked Chanyeol away in one of the cells down in the basement and forbid any of us from approaching him except to give him water and meals. Our father probably wanted to keep Chanyeol as a hostage against the Moon Clan.

Slowly and quietly, I opened the large metal door that led to the dark basement and peeked inside. There was a small lamp inside that lit up the room slightly. Dim lighting always bothered me, so I snapped my finger quickly and made a ball of light appear and float by my side as I ventured deeper into the underground room.

Most of the cells were empty, but there were a few that contained skeletons, and it made me flinch whenever I saw one. I had no idea how or when they ended up here, but I prefer not to find out.

Once I was almost at the end of the basement full of jail cells, I saw Chanyeol. He was lying on the ground, looking valuable despite his tall figure. His eyes were closed and I noticed how long his eyelashes were. I tilted my head slightly out of habit as I stared at him curiously. Since our encounters had always ended very fast, I never really got a close look at his face, but as I glued my eyes on his now, I realized what a pretty face he had.

I squatted down to get closer to his level on the ground and my light followed me, shining on his face brightly. He flinched slightly at the sudden light and opened his eyes a tiny little bit only to squeeze it shut again as it hurt his eyes. I waved my hand through the light to dismiss it.

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked groggily.

"You are in my house." I reminded him.

Chanyeol groaned then pushed himself off the ground slowly as the tranquilizer was still in him. He rubbed his forehead before his eyes suddenly snapped open widely.

"Where's Flare?" he asked in a panicked voice.

"F-Flare?" I stuttered at his sudden change.

"My phoenix." he explained. "Where is he?"

"He flew away." I told him.

Chanyeol visibly relaxed as he sunk back into the ground and closed his eyes. I didn't notice myself, but he seemed to feel me staring at him again.

"What do you want? If you're not here for anything, leave me alone." he said.

"I thought you might be hungry or thirsty." I told him, then held up the water bottle and sandwich in my hands.

"How do I know you won't poison me?" he asked suspiciously.

"If we wanted you dead, you would already be." I said with a shrug. "And I made it myself."

Chanyeol opened his eyes again and looked at me from the corners of his eyes. Then he pushed himself off the ground against and walked towards me unsteadily. The tranquilizer my father used on his must have been pretty strong.

I reached through the bars to hand him the sandwich when he was by it, but instead of taking the sandwich, he grabbed my wrist instead and pulled me forward. He didn't stop until there was only a bar's width between us.

He stared at me and studied my face with an intense gaze. Then he frowned. "Where have I seen you before...?" he mumbled quietly.

"A-at the fight?" I asked.

"No. It was some time before that." he said.

I've been feeling the same thing, but I decided not to bring it up. Before I could say anything, I heard a voice calling for me from the door.

"Baekhyun!" Lay whispered loudly. Though it wasn't that loud, it echoed down the nearly empty hallway. "Quick! Get out! There's someone coming!"

"I-I-I have to go." I told Chanyeol, then pulled lightly on my arm.

Chanyeol stared at me for a while longer before slowly and hesitantly letting go of me. I quickly handed him the sandwich and water bottle before bolting off towards the door where Lay was waiting for me.

"Why did you come down to see him?" he asked as I passed by.

"No reason. Just trying to get the reason why he had Luhan." I lied. The truth is, all I wanted to do was to see him.

"He could be dangerous." Lay told me with a warning in his tone. "You should be careful."

"I will." I said with a smile. "Let's go before we get in trouble."

"Yeah."

- - - - -
Sorry for the short chapter! There's a lot of homework lately. @___@