The Dance Competition

Almost Cinderella Almost Lovers

Eun Mi left the boys practice room and heaved a huge sigh of relief. She walked along the empty hallway filled with blue lockers.

Suddenly, she saw a figure approching her from a distance and realised that it was Sungjae.

'Eun Mi," Sungjae said. 

"Hey Jae! What are you doing here?" Eun Mi asked, approaching him.

"Bong Cha told me where you might be so I thought you could use a friend come here," Jae said pulling her into a tight hug. The hug lasted for a minute because Eun Mi wanted one so badly. As she let go of Jae, tears started to form in her eyes. 

"I'm so proud of you. You did.... with your stepmum.... Yoseob.... all in one day I'm so proud of you, how do you feel?" he asked smiling. 

"I'll let you know when I can catch my breath. Let's do something tonight." Eun Mi said in between her words refraining from crying. 

"Well urm, I was actually thinking of going to watch the dance competition uh...." Jae said while scratching his head and gave a soft chuckle. 

"But I understand if you don't wanna do that." Jae said as soon as he saw Eun Mi's eyes dilate. 

"No..... I'll go." Eun Mi smiled.

Sungjae was taken aback. "Really? You'll go?"

"Yeah, I can handle it now. It'll be our first and last. Besides, who else is going with you?" Eun Mi gave a small smile. 

"Hahahaha, not funny ok. Let's go then." Jae put his hand over Eun Mi and smiled as he lead her down the hallway.

_________________________________________________________________________________

At the dance venue...

Cheers from the crowd can be heard. Some of the audience were standing around, some sitting on the benches. A glow in the dark stage in neon pink and green could be seen. The lights were dim and the dance competiton was held outdoors.

"Yoseob and me are getting back together. He hasn't asked me yet, but he most probably will after this competition." Luna said to the rest of the girls, grinning widely. The girl dancers crowded around her giggling. 

Meanwhile, Eun Mi and Sungjae had just arrived. Sungjae brought Eun Mi over to a nice spot over the benches in the center..... where it's obvious for Yoseob to spot them. 

"I'm glad you came Eun Mi." Jae said. 

"Okay everybody, here is Cube High!" the host announced. 

Cheers erupted from the crowd. The bboyers from Cube High made their way to the stage. Everyone around Eun Mi was standing up and applauding loudly but Eun Mi stayed seated. 

Sooner or later, the dancers from Seoul High also appeared. They too head to the stage and stood beside Cube High. Glares from each school to each other could be seen. The surroundings were hectic.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The dancers had time to do their warmups. Cube High stood in a circle and started to do stretching. Yoseob was looking around the benches when he spotted a brown-haired girl wearing a maroon cardigan over a blue tank top looking down to the floor. "Eun Mi," he thought. It was obvious that it was her since she was sitting beside Sungjae. He did not pay any attention to her and continued doing his arm stretches. 

"Yoseob!" Jo yelled. He came over to Yoseob and said, "This is the big thing ok, you do well, you win for your school, and you'll get into School Of Dance, trust me. The director's here to see you dance." 

After saying that, he walked away. Yoseob just stoned and heaved a huge sigh. 

10 minutes later, intense music and dancing could be heard and seen. Droplets of sweat dropped to the ground. Cube High was putting up their choreo. Seoul High had finished their choreo, but it was obvious that Cube High would win since it got everbody in the crowd to stand up from their seats and cheer. The panel of judges were also impressed. 

Sungjae stood up from his seat and shouted "I love Cube High! I love dance!! Woo!!" Eun Mi looked at him and just smiled. The choreo was really really good, and the dancers were great. But, Eun Mi felt a hit of hurt whenever she sees Yoseob dancing because she can't believe that fairytales are never coming true. Tears started to form in her eyes when everybody was chanting "Yoseob! Yoseob! Yoseob!" when Yoseob's dance solo was about to start. What hurts too is seeing Luna and the other female dancers chanting to 'Yoseob!'.

 

Thanks for the comments and I have decided to make a sequel! Yayyy! And another fanfic after that :)