Life anyway

Almost Cinderella Almost Lovers

The next day...

Eun Mi woke up and said to herself, "I guess I'm going to be the laughing stock of the school." 

"Oh well, life anyway." she mumbled and sighed to herself. 

She dragged her hot pink towel to the bathroom and got ready. 

15 minutes later...

 Eun Mi threw on a green sweater and casual boyfriend jeans. She used some baby powder and put on her green baseball cap.

______________________________________________________________________________________

At school... 

Eun Mi walked to her locker, while listening to songs on full blast on her iPod. 

Now Playing: Taylor Swift - Mean 

She got out her books from her locker... Maths.... Geography.... Physics. Great way to start her day with her least favourite subjects. 

Even though she's listening to songs on full blast, she could still feel and sense people around her laughing, gossiping and talking about her. She just shooked it off and thought to herself, 

"This. This will all be over soon." 

Little did she not know, Yoseob was leaning on pillar, watching her from a distance while waiting for Dujun. Yoseob sighed and can't bear to watch her in her own world, pretending that she's invisible to people. 

"People like her don't belong to our world, Yoseob." Luna said, walking towards him, noticing that he has been staring at Eun Mi. She started to touch Yoseob's chest but Yoseob was quick to just roll his eyes and walk away. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

During night time..

"Dear Eun Mi," Yoseob typed, staring at the email that he was about to send. 

Actually, he didn't even know what to say to Eun Mi. He just sat there staring at his laptop, clueless. 

In the end he backspaced everything. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

It was Sunday. Eun Mi was at the restaurant, cleaning dirt on the floor using a brush. She scoffed in frustration as she could not get the dirt off. 

"Eun Mi what are you doing?" Bong Cha asked, placing her right hand on her hip, watching Eun Mi on the floor. 

"I'm trying to get this cleaned." Eun Mi replied. 

"Cmon sweetie, get up." Bong Cha pulled Eun Mi up. 

"What I meant was, what are you doing with your life?"

"I work in a restaurant as a cleaner, waitress or whatsoever. I'm doing what I'm supposed to do." Eun Mi stated the fact. 

"Hey, what has gotten into you? You don't even realise how blessed you are. Look, you've got a whole family behind you." said Bong Cha pointing to the rest of the workers at the restaurant. 

"You got to have faith in yourself." Bong Cha said. Eun Mi thought for a moment and smiled. 

They were soon interrupted by Hyuna and Min, entering the restaurant, slamming the door behind them. 

The effect was so loud that it made the guitar pasted on the wall, drop. Tearing away the wallpaper with the guitar, there was a quote, that has been on that wall before Eun Mi's dad died and Sung Ah took over the restaurant. 

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game." 

It was a quote that Eun Mi's dad had always said to her. Eun Mi gasped and smiled to herself. 

Followed behind the girls, Sung Ah went in. 

"Mother! Eun Mi ruined your wall." said Hyuna and pointed to the guitar and the wallpaper on the floor.

"Oh yes you did. Well, that's going to come out of your paycheck." said Sung Ah.

"And cover up those stupid words." Sung Ah added. 

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game." Eun Mi whispered. 

"I need to get my nails done. Cmon girls. Eun Mi, I need you to clean the pool tonight." said Sung Ah and walked away. 

"No." Eun Mi said sternly. 

"Excuse me?" Sung Ah turned around slowly and looked at Eun Mi. 

"You heard me. I quit." Eun Mi said, throwing the brush to the floor.

"I quit this job, I quit the family, AND I'm moving out." she continued, walking towards them. 

Sung Ah looked at the sisters and the three of them laughed. 

"Haha, and then where are you going to live?" Sung Ah asked. 

Eun Mi didn't know what to say but was saved by Bong Cha. "With me." she said while placing her hand over Eun Mi's shoulders.

"You can't just walk out on me." Sung Ah said. 

"You know what Sung Ah, you can mess with your hair, and your nose and your face. You can even mess with my dad's restaurant. But you're through messing with me." Eun Mi said, raising her voice and started to walk towards the door. 

"Wait up Eun Mi," said Bong Cha. She started to walk towards Eun Mi but was interrupted by Sung Ah saying, 

"You take one more step, and you're fired." 

"Oh, that won't be necessary because I quit too. And the only reason I stayed up with you all these years, it's because of that girl." and pointed at Eun Mi. 

Bong Cha walked towards Eun Mi, also followed by all of the other workers, and even the customers. Sooner or later, the restaurant was deserted. 

 

@elea563: Yes she does!

@lolgurl: Sung Ah is being sarcastic! She edited the letter out and threw away the real letter that Seoul School gave her.   That's why she's so happy that she tricked Eun Mi. ^^

@Amandahmra: Yes, I already said in the description, it's based off from A Cinderella Story. 

@SilentOne43 & @hyunseungie19121989: Done :)