I'm going to go home

Almost Cinderella Almost Lovers

"I'm going to go home." Eun Mi said to Jae. 

They already got away from the crowd and now was at the school's carpark.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Jae asked. 

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." Eun Mi said, giving Jae a small smile. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Eun Mi?" Sung Ah knocked on her door. 

"GO AWAY." Eun Mi's muffled voice said, covering herself with her blanket and put her face on the pillow. She had been crying for the whole day, and didn't even shower after she got home from school. 

Sung Ah opened the door, walked in with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and said, 

"Eun Mi darling, you got a letter from Seoul School." 

Eun Mi sat up straight as soon as she heard Sung Ah's words. Sung Ah sat on her bed and passed her the letter.

"Go on, read it." 

Eun Mi tore open the letter as fast as she could and frowned when she saw the first sentence. 

"Dear Jang Eun Mi, we regret to inform you that your application to Seoul School has been rejected." 

Upon seeing those words, she cried again. 

"What does it say?" Sung Ah asked, smiling to herself.

"I didn't get in." 

Sung Ah gasped. "Oh. No. And you studied so hard." Sung Ah gave a fake-but-pitiful face. 

"I can't believe I actually thought I had a chance." 

"Eun Mi, I'm heartbroken. Life can be so unfair. Oh well, look at the bright side. You have a job at the restaurant for the rest of your life." Sung Ah smiled gleefully. 

Eun Mi scoffed and just stared at her.

"Want a cookie? It's delicious." Sung Ah added on, biting on her cookie.

Sung Ah left the plate of cookies on Eun Mi's bed and walked out of Eun Mi's room. Eun Mi threw her letter on the floor and lied down on her back and continued crying. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

It was 9pm. Eun Mi woke up from her sleep after hours of crying. She sat up with her messy hair and just stared into space. Suddenly, she thought of the box of memories of her and her dad. She got up and started crouching on the floor, bringing out the box from under her bed. 

Out came her baseball glove, the one her father bought for her on her 13th birthday, a picture of her and him, and then a storybook that her father used to read to her before she went to bed. 

 Eun Mi vividly remembered what her dad said.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do fairytales come true that?" 

"No... but dreams come true." her dad said. 

"Well, do you have a dream?"

"My dream is for you to go to Seoul School, and be the best of the best."

"Oh, I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Eun Mi threw her book to the other side of the room. She was so angry and disappointed at herself that she didn't fulfill one of her dad's wishes. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

@elea563 and @wendyyvue , Yoseob knew Eun Mi was his love when he gazed into her eyes at the restaurant. Remember when he complimented Eun Mi about her eyes at prom? :)