EunHae Part III: Just like KyuMin/I'll never let you feel alone in this world

Heaven's Boys

 

Eunhyuk was all smiles as he finished a telephone conversation. “Ne. Gamsa-hamnida sunbae-nim.”

 

He drummed his fingers on the desk. He felt pleased with himself. He wanted to share the good news with Donghae immediately and he reached for the telephone to call Donghae at his work place.

 

“Hae,” Eunhyuk asked excitedly. “Guess what?”

 

But all Eunhyuk heard was sobbing sounds at the other end.

 

“Hae,” Eunhyuk asked in a worried and gentle tone, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Abeoji…is dead,” Donghae choked. “The hospital just called moments ago to tell me that he had passed away. I wasn’t there with him in his final moments. I’m such a bad son.”

 

“Hae, listen to me, you’re not. You’ve been visiting your father daily in the hospital for the past two weeks. You’ve kept him company. You’ve been working hard to pay for his medical bills. You’ve been a good son,” Eunhyuk comforted Donghae.

 

“But I have not fulfilled his last wishes. He has yet to see me dance on television. I’m such a bad son,” Donghae sobbed. “I really wish I could have…done that for him.”

 

“Your father won’t blame you,” Eunhyuk reassured.

 

“I wish I had started earlier or worked harder so that I would have had the chance. But now...but now, I can’t do anything,” Donghae lamented. “I’m sorry Hyukkie, I can’t come for class tonight. I have to see to his funeral.”

 

“I understand. Let me know the details of the wake,” Eunhyuk said.

 

“I will. Thank you Hyukkie.”

 

…..

 

It was already past ten when Eunhyuk had arrived at the funeral parlour where the wake was held. By then the crowds were already gone and a visibly haggard and listless Donghae with puffy eyes was dressed in a black suit and kneeling on the ground.

 

Eunhyuk treaded carefully. He knelt down next to Donghae and patted him on his back. He then rose again and offered his respects to the deceased before returning to Donghae’s side, this time slinging his arm round Donghae’s shoulder.

 

“Hyukkie,” Donghae looked up with tearful eyes. “I want to stop dancing.”

 

Eunhyuk cupped Donghae’s cheeks with his palms, “But why?”

 

“Abeoji isn’t around to see me dance.”

 

“But you have the talent. And you’ve been enjoying yourself,” Eunhyuk protested.

 

“I was doing it for my father.”

 

“What about yourself? Don’t you like dancing?”

 

“Shih-reo!” Donghae screamed. “I don’t ever want to dance again. I don’t like dancing. I was doing that because my dad wanted to see me dance on television. I don’t like dancing! Shih-reo! Shih-reo! Shih-reo! I only cared about my father. I want him to come back. He was the only kin I had.”

 

Eunhyuk reached for his bag and took out a cassette tape player and put it on the ground  and pressed the play button and soon the beats of trot music could be heard. Eunhyuk stood up and said sternly, “Lee Donghae, jeong-sin-cha-ryeo! Ireona!”

 

“Shih-reo!”

 

“Get up you punk!” Eunhyuk shouted and grabbed Donghae by his arms and lifted the struggling man off the ground.

 

‘I-geo-myo-ya?” Donghae shouted.

 

“Isn’t this the favourite trot song that your father liked?”

 

Donghae paused to listen to the music that was coming out of the cassette player. “Geu-rae-seo?”

 

Eunhyuk then started to shuffle his feet to the trot beat and swayed his body, dancing away.

 

This silenced the wailing and protesting Donghae as he stared in surprise at what Eunhyuk was doing.

 

Just then, Eunhyuk took hold of Donghae’s hand, “What are you waiting for? Ppalli! Let’s dance to your dad’s favourite song as a form of paying our respects and honouring him.”

 

But Donghae remained stiff and rooted to the spot.

 

“Come on, didn’t I give you’re a few lessons in trot? Let’s do this,” Eunhyuk encouraged as he yanked at Donghae to start going.

 

And Donghae relented. Both of them started to dance to the beat. But as the song was into its halfway mark, Eunhyuk repeated the song for another time, and this time both of them did the full dance, causing both of them to break out into a smile. When they were finally done, both collapsed onto the floor.

 

“Hyukkie,” Donghae said softly, “Gomawo.”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

‘Thank you for being so thoughtful. My father would have been so glad.”

 

“Hae?”

 

“Ne?”

 

Eunhyuk bit his lips. “I know this may seem like a wrong time, but I’ve managed to secure you a spot as a back-up dancer on some variety programme. You are due to start in two weeks. I wanted to tell you earlier over the phone…but then you broke the news of your father’s death….I guess you wouldn’t be interested now.”

 

Donghae was all wide-eyed with what Eunhyuk had just told him. “You mean you helped get me a spot on some television programme?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded, “I have some contacts.”

 

An overwhelmed Donghae sprung and hugged Eunhyuk, “You did it for me? You did it for me! Thank you.”

 

Then sobering down a little, Donghae said, “I want to do it. I want to be on the programme. For myself and also to thank you.”

 

Pausing a bit, Donghae continued, “Do you think abeoji would be able to see me perform from wherever he is?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded. “I’m sure he would be looking at down at you from heaven smiling brightly and beaming proudly at what his son has managed to do. I’m sure he will enjoy your performance.”  

 

“Hyukkie,” Donghae reached out to hug Eunhyuk again as tears began to stream down his eyes and dripping onto Eunhyuk’s shirt. “Thank you for doing so much for me and for my father. Thank you for helping me through my loss. I don’t have any family now. I’m all alone in this world. I really hate to be alone. I’m scared to be alone. I hate the feeling of loneliness. Even though Sungmin-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi have no family, they have one another...they are each other’s family...”

 

Eunhyuk released himself from Donghae’s embrace and gazed into Donghae’s eyes. “You won’t be alone in this world Lee Donghae. I’ll take care of you.”

 

“You want to be with me?” Donghae was choking with emotion as he questioned Eunhyuk. Donghae’s eyes were b with tears. 

 

“Yes. I’ll always be by your side so that you’ll never feel that you’re alone in this world. I’ll ensure you would never feel lonely again,” Eunhyuk affirmed.

 

“You’ll take care of me just like how Sungmin-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi care for one another? You’ll be there just for me just like how Sungmin-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi are there for one another? Will you love me like how Sungmin-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi love one another?” Donghae blinked.

 

“Yes, just like them,” Eunhyuk affirmed as he planted a quick kiss on Donghae’s lips.

 

“So does it mean that we become a couple just like Sungmin-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi? Like boyfriends?”

 

“Only when you say ‘yes’,” Eunhyuk nodded.

 

“So are you gay?” Donghae questioned.

 

“Just for you only, Hae,” Eunhyuk declared.

 

“And I’m gay for you too, Hyukkie,” Donghae responded with a kiss on Eunhyuk’s lips. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is a bit short, but I hope you dear readers out there would enjoy this little EunHae.

Hope you enjoyed all the sweet moments in this chapter. 

 

Thanks for the comments and subscriptions. Please continue to comment and subscribe to the story if you have yet to do so.

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days c

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)