These songs are to you

Heaven's Boys

 

I lost my mind 너를 처음만났을때

너 하나빼고 모든것은 get in slow motion 
내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면
매일그대와 수많은 감정들을 나눠주고 배워가며

싸우고 울고 안아주고

내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면

세상남자들 모두 날부러워해

너를 가진 내가 질투나 죽겠나봐
My babe, baby babe, baby baby
널 알아보는걸 이게 사랑인걸

아이처럼 널 자주 웃게만들고

친구처럼 널 가장 편하게 만들꺼야
My babe, baby babe, baby baby
말해줘 내게 what is love
 

……

 

After the song ended, Kyungsoo picked up a guitar and sat down on a high stool. Baekhyun grabbed the microphone and launched into a medley of three songs as Kyungsoo strummed the guitar.

 

……

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, thanks for helping me out,” Baekhyun said as he and Kyungsoo returned their microphones to a student helper, muttering their thanks to the student for his hard work.

 

“My pleasure. The rehearsal went pretty well. I’m sure the actual performance will be just as good later,” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

As they headed backstage, Baekhyun asked, “Do you think he will come?”

 

“I’m sure he will. He has never missed any of your performances,” Kyungsoo encouraged.

 

“But I’m not sure this time. With all the things going on between us…” Baekhyun sighed. “I’m such a fool.”

 

“I’m sure Sehun would be able to get him here.”

 

……

 

The door to Kris’ shop opened just as he was packing away the unsold pastries.

 

“Son-nim. I’m sorry, but we’re closed for the day. Please come back tomorrow,” Kris spoke out loud as he raised his head. “Oh! It’s you!”

 

Baekhyun had just walked into the shop.

 

“Chanyeol isn’t here,” Kris said coolly.

 

“I didn’t come to find him,” Baekhyun said softly. “I came for you today.”

 

“Oh!” Kris exclaimed; his eyebrows were raised in surprise. He felt a little wary about Baekhyun’s sudden and unexpected visit. “Come on it. Have a seat.”

 

Nevertheless, he put on a smile, took out a small plate, placed some pastries on them, brought out a knife and a fork and set them down on the table where Baekhyun was already seated. He pulled out a chair and sat down upright.

 

“Tuck in. It’s still quite fresh. I baked them today,” Kris smiled. “Do you want a drink? Coffee? Tea? Water?”

 

“It’s alright,” Baekhyun replied as he twiddled with his fingers.

 

“So…” Kris began rather cautiously, “you said you’re looking for me…”

 

Baekhyun nodded.

 

“I suppose…you want to talk…about…Chanyeol…?”

 

Baekhyun nodded again. But this time he kept his head lowered a little as he spoke haltingly, “That evening…at the bar…you said…that you could give Channie security…happiness…that you could love him as man…as his equal…do you mean what you said?”

 

Kris nodded. “Why?”

 

“I know that I don’t have the grounds to interfere, but as Channie’s best friend, I hope that you would promise me that you would not hurt him. Please give me your word that you’re not toying with…”

 

“What’s going on…?”

 

“Aren’t both of you together? I saw both of you kissing…”

 

Kris broke out into a laugh. “You mean that kiss?”

 

“Are you telling me that you’re playing with Channie?” Baekhyun had a sudden outburst. His fists were clenched and anger was written over his face.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi, I think you have misunderstood…”

 

“What sort of misunderstanding is there? Both of you were clearly kissing,” Baekhyun charged hot-headedly.

 

“Yes, we did kiss. Chanyeol and I just had one date. That’s all. We’re not dating or together. He just wanted to know if we could work out. But I guess, it didn’t,” Kris shrugged.

 

“You mean…” Baekhyun widened his eyes.

 

“Chanyeol loves you. Much as I would like to date him or for him to be my boyfriend, he just doesn’t see me in that way. He likes me, but he loves you, Baekhyun-ssi. Don’t you see it? You gave up too easily that night at Heaven. You should have been more firm…more brave…and more honest…”

 

“I…”

 

“But I respect his choice,” Kris added coolly. “Because one cannot force love to order. Though I wish that I was greedy enough to ask him to spare me a bit of what he feels for you.”

 

“I…I have to go…” Baekhyun stood up from his seat all of a sudden and headed for the door.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi,” Kris stood up and called out causing Baekhyun to pause in his tracks. “Fight for him! It isn’t too late! Treasure what you have!”

 

Baekhyun nodded his head without turning back to look at Kris as he sprinted out of the shop.    

 

Kris bit his lips as he tried his best to contain his disappointment and sadness. “Well done Kris. That’s right. It should be this way. It’s the right thing to do.”

 

……

 

“Hyung, are you ready to go?” Sehun called out to Chanyeol.

 

“I am. Why?” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Cause appa and umma are waiting,” Sehun said.

 

“Waiting? Why? Are they going to Kris’ bakery?”

 

“Ani…ani,” Sehun quickly corrected Chanyeol. “Baekhyun hyung is performing today. Don’t you remember?”

 

“Oh!” Chanyeol shrugged.

 

“Aren’t you coming along? You never missed any of hyung’s performances.”

 

“I’m going to help Kris….Byunbaek doesn’t need me there anyway. He has Ji-eun and you guys.”

 

“But he’s putting on a special performance today. He even roped in Kyungsoo hyung to help out. You should really check out the performance. You’ll regret if you miss it.”

 

Chanyeol just shook his head and walked off. “Enjoy yourselves though.”

 

A few moments later, he received a text message from Kris. “Hey Chanyeol, you don’t have to come in today. There aren’t many customers today. The staff and I can manage.”

 

Chanyeol sighed as he put his phone back into his pocket. Sehun came bounding up next to Chanyeol. “Hyung, let’s go. You can listen to two powerful vocalists perform together. It’ll be a great performance. What a perfect way to spend the morning!”

 

“Is this a conspiracy or something?” Chanyeol asked with an irritation in his tone.

 

Sehun grabbed Chanyeol and pulled him. “Come on, let’s go. You don’t want to wait.”

 

Chanyeol struggled to break free from Sehun. However, Jongin was nearby and together the two boys each grabbed Chanyeol by an arm and dragged him to the car. Chanyeol could only sigh and surrender to the boys’ antics.

 

……

 

Baekhyun was backstage getting his makeup done and eyeliner drawn.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, do you think he would show up?” Baekhyun asked worriedly.

 

“This must be at least the hundredth time you have asked me this question. Sehun had text me moments ago saying that Chan…”

 

“Baekhyun!” a female voice called out interrupting Kyungsoo mid-sentence.  “You look really good.”

 

“Ji-eun noona,” Baekhyun faked a smile as he acknowledged her. “Thanks for coming by.”

 

“I’m anticipating your performance,” she chirped. “Don’t be nervous. Good luck.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Ji-eun turned away and briefly met with Kyungsoo and they acknowledged each other’s presence with a polite nod.

 

“What is she doing here?” Kyungsoo demanded.

 

“Can’t be helped. She’s a senior after all,” Baekhyun sighed.

 

“If Chanyeol sees her, won’t he start to misunderstand again?” Kyungsoo asked worriedly. “Would our efforts go to waste?”

 

Baekhyun just shook his head in defeat.

 

……

 

Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin caused some heads to turn, and set some hearts on flutter with their good looks as they made their way to the college’s grand hall.

 

As they were trying to locate their seats, Chanyeol and Sehun spotted Ji-eun in the crowd. Sehun grimaced while Chanyeol was just a picture of indifference though he was smarting inside.

 

……

 

“I would like to thank my friend and today’s partner for today’s performance Do Kyungsoo for helping me out,” Baekhyun said. “So let’s put our hands to thank him.”

 

There was a round of applause from the audience, though the most enthusiastic person of the crowd was Jongin as he clapped loudly.

 

“For the first segment, we would be singing a medley of two songs. Later Kyungsoo would accompany me on the guitar and as backing vocals as I perform a medley of three songs. I am dedicating this morning’s performance to a special friend whom I have known for about five years. I would like to thank you for always being there for me. And I’m sorry for not cherishing you enough. Please listen to the lyrics of the songs that I’m performing with an open heart. These are the words I want to say to you.” 

 

더는 망설이지 마 제발

내 심장을 거두어가
그래 날카로울수록 좋아
달빛조차도 눈을 감은 밤

나 아닌 다른 남자였다면
희극 안의 한 구절이었더라면
너의 그 사람과 바꾼 상처 모두 태워버려

Baby don’t cry, tonight
어둠이 걷히고 나면
Baby don’t cry, tonight
없었던 일이 될 거야

물거품이 되는 것은 니가 아니야,
끝내 몰라 야 해 던

So baby don’t cry, cry
내 사랑이 널 지킬테니

 

해가 가고 달이 가도 절대 안 변해. 워~
난 보기보다 우직하게 믿을 남자라는 걸, 넌 알게 될 테니까. 워~
I don’t know why 절대적인 이 감정.
내가 생각조차 했을까? 네 곁에 있을 때 난 점점
대단한 남자가 되고, 빛나는 걸.

 

I lost my mind. 너를 처음 만났을 때,
너 하나 빼고 모든 것은 get in slow motion
내게 말해줘. 이게 사랑이라면.
매일 그대와 수많은 감정들을 나눠주고 배워가며
싸우고, 울고, 안아주고.
내게 말해줘. 이게 사랑이라면

 

간절히 바라고 바란다면 이뤄질까? 동화 얘기처럼
영원한 둘만의 해피엔딩, happily ever after.
나만은 널 믿어주고, 지켜주고 달래줄게.
네 편이 될게. 네 곁에서 절대 안 떠나.

 

I lost my mind. 너를 처음 만났을 때,
너 하나 빼고 모든 것은 get in slow motion
내게 말해줘. 이게 사랑이라면.
매일 그대와 수많은 감정들을 나눠주고 배워가며
싸우고, 울고, 안아주고.
내게 말해줘. 이게 사랑이라면

 

세상남자들 모두 날 부러워해
너를 가진 내가 질투나 죽겠나봐.
My babe, baby babe, baby. baby-
널 알아보는 것, 이게 사랑인걸까?
아이처럼 널 자주 웃게 만들고
친구처럼 널 가장 편하게 만들거야.
My babe, baby babe, baby. baby-
말해줘 내게 what is love-

 

Chanyeol’s tall frame allowed him to have a good view of the performance as well as those in the audience. He could spot Ji-eun from wherever he was listening attentively and applauding wildly at Baekhyun’s ability to hit the high notes. Chanyeol scoffed as he sat with his arms folded as he remained rather stoic and unmoved by the performance. Jongin, however had a look of admiration on his face as he kept his gazed focused on Kyungsoo. Chanyeol could hear the whispers between the KyuMin couple praising Baekhyun for his talents.

 

“Our son sings very well. I’m so proud of him,” Sungmin remarked.

 

“He probably inherited it from me,” Kyuhyun smirked.

 

“Don’t be so full of yourself,” Sungmin retorted.

 

“But you like me this way right?” Kyuhyun grinned as he placed his hand on Sungmin’s.

 

And the performance soon moved on to Baekhyun’s unplugged solo stage with Kyungsoo accompanying him on the guitar.

 

“No wonder Kyungsoo has been asking me for some basic guitar lessons,” Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

And the next three songs Baekhyun performed included My Heart is Beating, It has to be you, and lastly Be Mine.

 

입술 끝에 맺혀있는 말, 너만 보면 하고 싶은 말

너무 소중해 아껴두려고 참고 또 참는 말

 

할 수 있어 행복한 그 말 발음조차 달콤한 그 말

제일 좋은 날 제일 멋지게 네게 해주고 싶은 그 말

 

너를 사랑해 사랑해 사랑한다 한번 두 번을 말해도 모자라서

아끼지 못해 숨기지 못해 솔직한 내 맘을 고백을 해

 

정말 너만이 너만이 전부인 난 너를 보고 또 안아도 벅차는 난

말할 때 마다 다시 설레서 쉬운 적 없던 그 말 너를 사랑해

 

……

 

니가 아니면 안돼

너 없인 난 안돼

나 이렇게 하루 한달을 또 일년을

나 아파도 좋아

내 맘 다쳐도 좋아 난

그 래 난 너 하나만 사랑하니까

 

내 멍든 가슴이

널 찾아오라고

소 리쳐 부른다

넌 어딨는거니

나의 목소리 들리지 않니

나 에게는

 

나 다시 살아도

몇 번을 태어나도

하루도 니가 없이 살 수 없는 나

내가 지켜줄 사람

내가 사랑할 사람 난

그래 난 너 하나면 충분하니까

너 하나만 사랑하니까

 

……

 

내꺼 하자 내가 널 사랑해 어? 내가 널 걱정해 어?
내가 널 끝까지 책임질게
내꺼 하자 니가 날 알잖아 어? 니가 날 봤잖아 어?
내가 널 끝까지 지켜줄게

 

There was a thunderous round of applause when Baekhyun finished his performance. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo took a deep bow. Baekhyun then took his microphone up again to speak: “To you that had come unexpectedly into my life about five years ago, I want to say thank you. I’m sorry for only realising now how much I love you. I’m sorry for not saying these words earlier to you. I love you. I hope it isn’t too late. Would you be mine? If your answer is a ‘yes’, let’s meet at the playground we always like to hang out at. I’ll be waiting for you from six. If you’re not there by nine, I would take it as you have rejected me.” 

 

The audience squealed in delight at the confession. Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Sehun and Jongin turned to Chanyeol with an expecting and knowing look as though they were pleading him to accept Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol’s heart and thoughts were ruffled; his expression froze and his body numbed from the surprise. 

 

“Hyung,” Sehun spoke softly. “Aren’t you going to say yes to Baekhyun hyung? Haven’t you been waiting for this day for a long time? Don’t you love Baekhyun hyung? Isn’t it a dream come true for you? I told you that you wouldn’t re…”

 

Although Chanyeol could hear Sehun’s chatter, Chanyeol’s mind was a blank as he tried to process what had just happened. Without waiting for Sehun to finish his sentence, Chanyeol just stood up abruptly and walked away from the school hall ignoring his companions’ calls for him to sit down.

 

Chanyeol thought that he would be overjoyed and be jumping about screaming for joy the day Baekhyun confesses his love for Chanyeol or accepts Chanyeol’s love. But it wasn’t the case for Chanyeol. He wasn’t happy. It came as a rude shock especially with all the mixed signals Baekhyun had been sending recently. At the moment, Chanyeol just wanted a place to sort his thoughts. Is this real? Baekhyun loves me? Isn’t be dating Ji-eun? Is he trying to two-time? He had questions, just too many questions inside his mind that he needed to be alone to think. 

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ok guys, I hear you. I didn't abandon Baekyeol or HunHan or anything. See this chapter is about Baekyeol. Did you guys like the way Baekhyun confessed to Chanyeol or do you find it too cheesy? 

Kris continues to be a sweetie here. Don't you feel bad for him. 

Do you think Chanyeol would be on time and show up? Or would Chanyeol punish Baekhyun by not showing up? How do you think Chanyeol should react? 

Meanwhile thanks for all the comments so far. Please continue to leave your comments. and subscribe to this story if you have yet to do so. 

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed the update. 

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)