Chance meeting

Heaven's Boys

 

Lu Han was walking back to his office in the Gangnam area one afternoon, passing by the coffee houses in the area. Just then a familiar face caught his attention through the large glass panes and he paused outside a shop.

 

It was Sehun together with a much older man. Peering through the glass, Lu Han observed that both of them were having a conversation – the older man was mostly speaking while groping and Sehun’s hands and thighs. He noticed that Sehun was listening to the other speak, nodding his head a little and there, whilst smiling. However to Lu Han, it appeared that the younger boy’s smile was rather forced.

 

Lu Han sighed as he remembered Sehun’s story. He felt really sad that Sehun was doing this to himself – pimping himself out to older guys for money and material things.

 

Lu Han wanted to do something. He wanted to extract Sehun out of this abyss which the younger had created. For a start, perhaps he (Lu Han) could play the noble hero – charge into the café, take Sehun by his hands and drag him out.

 

There could be two outcomes. Sehun could be submissive and let Lu Han get his way. Sehun would then be all thankful to Lu Han for rescuing him from the uncomfortable situation he was in. It might with Sehun swooning all over Lu Han, followed by a sudden embrace and Sehun promising to turn over a new leaf.

 

“What am I thinking? Why would Sehun hug me? Get those thoughts out of head Lu Han! Why would he? Both of you are hardly friends. Why would he do that? Why would he even want you to interfere in his life?”

 

Lu Han then imagined the younger boy’s struggling, protesting, cursing at Lu Han for ruining his date. But Lu Han would ignore the younger boy. He could give the younger boy a dressing down and even slap him into coming to his senses.

 

But Lu Han was not one who enjoyed drama or theatrics or any sort. Sehun would probably see him as a busybody. Sighing to himself, he decided to stay out of the other’s affairs and not continue to witness what was being played out right in front of him. As he began to walk off dejectedly; his back slumped and shoulders slouched, he felt someone tap him on his shoulder and he spun round to see who it was.

 

“Sehun…” he stuttered.

 

“Lu Han…what are you doing here?” Sehun greeted Lu Han cheerily.

 

“I work around the area…I was just passing by…”

 

“Were you standing outside the café for some time? Am I so attractive that you find it difficult to resist that you must admire me?” Sehun teased.

 

“I…um…” Lu Han stammered not knowing what to say.

 

“You could have come in to say hi,” Sehun said.

 

“You seemed to be enjoying your conversation. I didn’t want to interrupt,” Lu Han fumbled for an excuse. And he immediately regretted what he just said. He knew it wasn’t true and he wanted to slap himself for such a flimsy excuse though it sounded the most polite and reasonable.

 

“Anyway I’ve got to get back to work. Nice seeing you around Sehun,” Lu Han quickly excused himself.

 

“Wait a minute. Let me walk you to wherever you’re going,” Sehun offered.

 

“It’s okay. You should get back to your date,” Lu Han said as he noticed Sehun’s date staring impatiently at both of them from inside the café.

 

“I insist. I’m about to be done with this guy anyway. He makes me…ah, never mind. Just wait a minute or two for me, alright?”

 

Sehun hurried back into the café, said a few words to his older date who seemed disappointed and a little miffed at Sehun’s decision. Meanwhile Lu Han did not know whether to feel happy or sad, thankful or exasperated at Sehun’s offered. Sehun sort of cut their last date short to meet up with some guy. Then again, was that even a date – since they had their friends tag along for a while? And now, Sehun was cutting his date short because of him (Lu Han).

 

“Sehun is not doing that because of you Lu Han. Get your thoughts straight. He’s using you as an excuse to escape from an awkward situation,” Lu Han thought.

 

Just them a smiling Sehun appeared by his side, “Come on, let’s go.’

 

They continued to walk side by side in silence for a while. Sehun was the first to speak, “So what do you work as?”

 

“Some job as a translator, interpreter, communications…it’s a multi-tasking position. I’m doing some part time further education programme as well,” Lu Han replied.

 

“Wow, where do you find all the time to do so many things?” Sehun asked feeling impressed but Lu Han just shrugged off the question.

 

“Your job…it must be paying you well…?” Sehun asked out of curiosity.

 

“I’m getting a fair wage,” Lu Han replied though he knew what Sehun’s real intentions were.

 

Both of them finally came to a stop outside a four-storey building.

 

“You work in SM Entertainment?” Sehun asked wide-eyed in surprise.

 

Lu Han nodded.

 

“That’s just wow!”

 

“It’s really nothing,” Lu Han replied modestly. “They’re looking to expand in the China market so they have a team of Chinese speakers to help them. I was lucky to be selected, that’s all.”

 

“But if you tell me that you’re a trainee or going to debut as an artiste under them, I would believe you. You’re really good-looking,” Sehun said in awe.

 

“That’s very kind of you Sehun,” Lu Han replied with a blush. 

 

“I mean it.”

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Don’t do it again.”

 

“Do what?” Sehun felt puzzled and lost by Lu Han’s words.

 

“You were feeling uncomfortable with that guy in the café earlier. I could see it. He was touching you and you didn’t like it.”

 

“He’s really a nice guy,” Sehun replied as he tried his best to put on a straight face. “He really likes me and takes good care of me. Look he even bought me this.”

 

Sehun took out a leather wallet from his bag and showed it to Lu Han. “It may not be a Gucci or Louis Vuitton but still…he even wanted to buy me a tablet because I said I needed one.”

 

Lu Han remained silent.

 

“He’s a nice guy. Don’t worry,” Sehun reassured as he forced a smile. “Don’t worry. I didn’t have with him. I mean we do a bit of kissing and touching, but that’s about it.”

 

“Do you even like him?” Lu Han asked softly.

 

“I do.”

 

“But why did you seem so uncomfortable with him?”

 

“I’m not used to public display of affection.” Sehun faked a laugh. “Why would I even go out with him or kiss him when I don’t even like him.”

 

“Sehun-ah, don’t do this to yourself.”

 

“Do what?”

 

“What happens if the guy becomes possessive over you and won’t let you go? What happens if he threatens to harm you or worse really harms you?”

 

“Don’t worry. It won’t happen. I’ll be careful. It never happened to me before.”

 

“You couldn’t be so sure.”

 

“I’m sure it won’t happen to me.”

 

“Sehun-ah. I know you had a rough time with your ex. But you deserve something better than this. What you’re doing right now…you deserve better.”

 

“But I’m doing fine. I couldn’t deserve any better. They love me and dote on me. They shower me with their time and gifts,” Sehun pointed out.

 

“But do you love them?”

 

Sehun did not respond.

 

“Do you love them?” Lu Han repeated his question again.

 

There was still no response from Sehun and Lu Han sighed.

 

“How can I love anyone again?” Sehun asked. “After what he had done to me. There’s no such thing as love. It’s just a business transaction. When two people get together, they’re just making use of the other party. Both parties offer one another something which the other needs.”

 

“That’s not true. There is this thing called love. It’s never selfish. You just have to believe and keep waiting or searching,” Lu Han gushed.

 

“But why do I need love when I’m only going to get hurt at the end of the day. I prefer it this way now. He has given me a good example of what love is like – making use of someone, get benefits out of them then cast them aside after a while,” Sehun said cynically.

 

Lu Han did not respond to Sehun’s words. Sehun asked, “You must be judging me right now. You must be thinking that I’m a horrible person right?”

 

“Sehun-ah…I’m just…”

 

“Just what? Judging me? Feeling sorry for me? I’m really fine. Life’s good.”

 

“I just want what’s best for you,” Lu Han said empathetically.

 

“This is the best for me. Like this, right now.”

 

“I mean for you to love again/”

 

“Love…that’s something I can’t afford.”

 

“Sehun-ah.”

 

Acting on impulse, Sehun took a step forward and hugged Lu Han.

 

“Sehun-ah…” Lu Han spluttered in surprise.

 

“Thanks for caring for me. I know you mean well. Thank you. I appreciate it very much. I’m really thankful for knowing you,” Sehun confessed.

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

“Will you continue to befriend me despite me being a bad person?”

 

“I will.”

 

Sehun let go of Lu Han’s embrace and muttered a thank you. “I’m sorry for holding you up from your work.”

 

“No worries.”

 

“I better get going. Let’s go out some time.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Sehun turned around and walked away as Lu Han remained rooted at the same spot for a while, watching Sehun’s figure disappear in the distance.

 

……

 

“Hey Lu Han-ge,” Yixing greeted as Lu Han stepped into the building. “Why did you come down here today?”

 

“I have some work with the producer.”

 

“You look so downcast,” Yixing remarked. “Having work problems or a Sehun-problem?”

 

“No, nothing of that sort,” Lu Han quickly replied.

 

“That’s good. Because I have a Joon-myun problem,” Yixing sighed in defeat.

 

“Tell me about it,” Lu Han remarked with a sigh.

 

“Maybe you can help me find out a little more about him,” Yixing asked as Lu Han remarked under his breath: “I don’t think I’m any better off either. The boys at Heaven just have so many emotional baggage issues.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed this little HunHan chapter. 

Sehun is really bad and insensitive towards Lu Han, isn't he? 

Will Joon-myun ever get over Kyungsoo and get rid of his animosity towards Kai? I guess you have to keep reading to find out. Though I must say this area would be a bit of a tough nut to crack. 

Meanwhile please continue to comment and if you've yet to subscribe, please do subscribe to this fic. And if this is your first time at this story, welcome! Hope you enjoy the story.

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)