Lu Han

Heaven's Boys

 

Lu Han shuffled his feet as he glanced nervously at his watch while standing in line to enter Heaven.

 

“Why am I even here?” Lu Han asked himself.

 

That’s right. Because of my good friend Zhang Yixing.

 

Zhang Yixing, you better get your sorry here as soon as possible. No way am I entering a gay club on my own. If you don’t show up within five minutes, I’m just going to go home.

 

Lu Han noted the time on his watch. 11.05pm. Countdown starts.

 

The line moved as the minutes passed.

 

Lu Han was a little playful and liked to participate in games and activities. He had been to clubs and all that before, but not to a gay one. He just had no interest in going to a gay club. He was gay, alright. But he liked to downplay that lifestyle of his. He just did not like hanging out with a bunch of gay men in a dark place where bodies were so close to one another with the possibility of him being d up his pretty high.

 

He was still in the closet, and had a few gay friends. They were mostly fellow Chinese nationals who were in Korea. Zhang Yixing, also known as Lay, and Huang Zi Tao, also known as Tao were two of them.

 

It was his interest in Korean culture that led Lu Han to come to Seoul on a language/culture exchange immersion programme. He liked it here and decided to stay on and pursue his studies.

 

Anyway Lu Han knew that the Koreans were not open to being in a relationship with that of other nationalities or races, well maybe the Caucasians, but not really the Chinese or Japanese. So even though he could speak the Korean language fluently, Lu Han did not go all out to actively search for a boyfriend. So he was very much single and eligible.

 

Two more minutes, Lu Han muttered to himself as he glanced at his watch.

 

He did not want to be here tonight, but he could not resist the pleading and cuteness by Lay and Tao that he surrendered and gave in. Deep inside, a part of him was kind of looking forward to see what the hype Heaven was about having read about it from the gay forums.

 

Just as he began the one minute countdown, two figures came bounding towards him. They were Lay and Tao.

 

Oh crap, he cursed mentally. Looks like I have to go in after all.

 

“Ge, I’m sorry,” Lay apologised. “I was halfway through my journey when I realised that I had forgotten my wallet. I had to return home to get it.”

 

Tao nodded in agreement. “It’s was only when we met and he wanted to get a snack that Yixing-ge realised he had forgotten his wallet. I had to follow him home to get it. Anyway you know how absent-minded Yixing-ge is.”

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes. “How did you even manage to meet Tao without your wallet?”

 

“I kept my transportation pass in my jeans pocket,” Yixing replied sheepishly.

 

“Couldn’t you just borrow money from Tao first? Why did you have to return to take back your wallet? Better still, why didn’t you forget about our appointment and not show so I could have just gone home. Aish! It was so embarrassing to stand here alone. What if someone I know recognises me? And I felt so many pairs of eyes staring at me as though I was some piece of meat waiting to be devoured.”

 

Tao chuckled.

 

“Ge. Dui Bu Qi. I will pay for your drinks tonight, okay?” Yixing offered.

 

“I don’t feel like going in anymore. I want to go home,” Lu Han said.

 

“But you promised that we’ll have fun here tonight. It’ll be fun. Who knows you might meet someone you like,” Yixing begged.

 

“Yixing, but I don’t feel comfortable.”

 

“That’s why Tao and I are here for you.”

 

“What? Now you make it sound as though you’re the ones accompanying me because I’m too shy to club on my own. Don’t forget, who was the one who wanted me to take a look at his crush?”

 

“Well…” Yixing stammered and blushed.

 

“Hey guys,” Tao spoke up. “We’ll about to get to the front of the line. So Lu Han-ge, do you still want to go in or return home?”

 

“I’ll think I’ll pass,” Lu Han replied.

 

“Lu Han-ge, you’ve already queued here for so long. Let’s just go in and have some fun together,” Tao said as he mustered his most adorable expression to melt Lu Han’s heart.

 

Lu Han sighed. “Alright, I’ll stay.”

 

Yixing cheered and gave Lu Han a hug.

 

The three friends soon found their way inside after getting their identification checked.

 

Loud thumping beats filled the club. Lu Han scanned the surrounding crowd. They were mostly well dressed even those guys that were in shorts. There were a few ladies, but the crowd was mostly men – make that teenagers and young adults, to a few adults who were in their late thirties to mid-forties. There were a few patrons that were on a dance floor

 

As like most clubs, the partying proper usually starts after midnight.

 

So this place caters to a younger clientele, Lu Han noted. He did not see any Caucasians. There were a few good looking guys and some cute flower boy types among the crowd. 

 

The three friends managed to find a corner amongst the packed crowd.

 

“Yixing, where is this boy you’re talking about?” Lu Han asked.

 

Yixing craned his neck to scan the surroundings but he did not catch a sign of the boy whose smile had captured his heart.

 

Yixing shook his head. “Don’t see him around. He could be at the bar counter.”

 

“So he works here?” Lu Han asked.

 

Yixing nodded.

 

“Ge, can we get a drink? We’ve been rushing around that I feel thirsty,” Tao complained.

 

“I’m feeling thirsty myself,” Yixing chimed in. “Lu Han-ge can you go get drinks for all of us?”

 

Lu Han sighed. “Am I your maid?”

 

“No, but you’re the sweetest and most caring elder brother who takes care of his younger siblings so you’ll do get the drinks for us,” Yixing said.

 

“Shouldn’t you be getting the drinks since you said that drinks are on you tonight? Besides, your crush might be at the bar counter. You can get a chance to see him,” Lu Han countered.

 

“But I’m kind of tired and want to stay at this spot to catch a breather. Will you go get the drinks instead, please? I’ll pay you when you get back,” Yixing pleaded.

 

“Wait a minute. So now I have to pay for the drinks too?” Lu Han narrowed his eyes in irritation.

 

“Well, I’ll pay you when you get back. Please, Ge, you’re the best.”

 

“Alright what do you want?”

 

“A jug of Bourbon Coke so that we can share. You okay with that Tao?”

 

Tao nodded.

 

“Ugh!” Lu Han groaned as he turned and headed for the bar counter.

 

There was a tall handsome boy with a straight serious face with a high nose who had just finished serving a customer. Lu Han approached him.

 

That boy was his lips and looked rather sleepy. Lu Han felt like walking to another bartender. He had no confidence in this person but the said person saw Lu Han and asked, “What do you want to order?”

 

“One jug of Bourbon Coke and one Margarita please,” Lu Han said.

 

“Shouldn’t you just be going for coke or fruit juice instead?” the bartender said coolly.

 

“I beg your pardon,” Lu Han replied.

 

“You look underage to consume any alcohol. Could I please see your identification or something?” the bartender asked.

 

Lu Han smiled and reached for his pocket and he pulled out his passport, but deep inside he was cursing at a fun night out starting to go wrong. What will happen next? He suddenly wished he was at home lying in his sheets and just relaxing to some music.

 

“Aish. Did ahjussi forget to properly check the ages of our customers again? This guy looks 15 or 16. He shouldn’t be here. If he is underage, I guess I’ll have to ask him to leave,” Sehun thought to himself.

 

Just then Sehun felt something being unto his hands.

 

“Lu Han. So he’s Chinese,” Sehun mumbled to himself under his breath as he noticed the Mandarin characters and the passport. “His date of birth if April 20 1990. No kidding. So that makes him 22. No way. Is this passport fake?”

 

Sehun glanced at the photograph in the passport and at the person in front of him. There was not much of a difference except for the hair. The photograph in the passport did not do the baby-faced guy in front of him much justice.

 

Sehun felt a little tugging at the passport. He looked up to see Lu Han trying to take the passport back.

 

“Excuse me please, my passport,” Lu Han said. “Now that you’ve seen proof of my identity, could I please get my drinks?”

 

“Is this passport fake? Are you even 22?” Sehun blurted without much thought. “You’re Chinese? How can you speak Korean so well?

 

“If you don’t believe me, then I guess I have to leave. And yes, I’m proudly Chinese and I’ve been in Korea for a few years,” Lu Han said flatly.

 

Lu Han felt a little flabbergasted at this particular staff’s attitude. He had read in reviews over the internet that the boys and staff in Heaven are friendly, personable, hospitable and good-looking. 

 

Looks like the reviews were sorely wrong, Lu Han thought to himself. Heaven does have good-looking staff if the looks of this particular staff was an indication to get by. But friendly, personable and hospitable? Hardly. Rude, probably.

 

“Oh Sehun,” Lu Han said out.

 

“Yes I’m Oh Thehun. What’s the matter?” Sehun responded.

 

Great, he has a lisp too, Lu Han thought to himself.

 

“Nothing’s the matter. I’ll remember you,” Lu Han replied and he turned away,

 

“Wait, what’s wrong? Did I offend you or anything?” Sehun asked.

 

Lu Han turned around and replied with a smile, “No. Just feeling disappointed that after all the wonderful reviews I’ve read about, I’ve actually experience bad customer service.”

 

“Seriously?” Sehun retorted. “Sir, I was just doing my job. I can’t sell alcohol to underage customers. And if you’re underage, you shouldn’t be here in the first place.”

 

“Isn’t that the job of the ahjussi outside? To make sure that those underage aren’t allowed in?” Lu Han countered.

 

It was just then when a shorter smiling boy came out and stood besides Sehun. “Hi sir, I’m Suho. I’m in charge of this place. I couldn’t help but notice, but is anything the matter?”

 

Lu Han eyed at this Suho guy. He didn’t look much older than Lu Han himself. Lu Han politely replied and smiled, “Nothing. Everything has been resolved. I’m about to leave.” 

 

“I notice that you don’t have a drink. At least have a drink before you leave. Otherwise, I’ll feel really bad. It’s as though we’ve been such lousy hosts,” Joon-myun smiled.

 

At that moment, Yixing came bundling towards Lu Han’s side and said, “Ge. You’ve been gone for long. Where’s our drink? Tao and I are really thirsty.”

 

“What did you order? Sehun and I can get the drinks ready for you straight away?” Joon-myun offered.

 

It was then that Yixing shifted his gaze from Lu Han to the guy in front of him where he heard the voice from.

 

“Gamsa…gamsa…” Yixing stuttered when he realised that it was his crush. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped at the pleasant surprise. Joon-myun gave Yixing a wide smile that caused Yixing’s now furiously beating heart to flutter.

 

Yixing swore that his crush’s smile was radiating from every fibre of his (Joon-myun’s) body – his eyes, his poise and demeanour. Yixing tugged at Lu Han’s shirt sleeve causing Lu Han to turn towards Yixing.

 

“Ge. It’s him. It’s him. My crush,” Yixing whispered excitedly.

 

“You mean the tall guy? If it is him, I would say he isn’t worth it. He’s such a…”

 

“No. Not him, the shorter guy with the sunniest smile I’ve ever seen on this earth. His name is…” Yixing spazzed as he squint his eyes to take a look at Joon-myun’s nametag in the darkened club. “Suho.”

 

“So what would you like to order?” Joon-myun asked again.

 

“It’s alright. We should get going,” Lu Han replied as he noticed the daggers that Sehun was shooting daggers at him with his eyes.

 

“One jug of Bourbon Coke. No, make it three jugs.”

 

“Three?” both Lu Han and Joon-myun exclaimed. Sehun chuckled knowingly. He seemed to have picked up that Lu Han’s friend is interested in Joon-myun.

 

Lu Han wanted to face palm himself and dig a hole to bury himself in.

 

This Yixing is such an embarrassment, Lu Han thought to himself as he quickly corrected Yixing’s order, “Just one jug will do.”

 

“You heard the customer, one jug of Bourbon Coke,” Joon-myun instructed Sehun to prepare the drink. “Would you like any other drinks?”

 

“One glass of Margarita, please,” Lu Han replied.

 

“I’ll get that for you. Please wait a while,” Joon-myun replied with his smile never leaving his face.

 

Yixing was dreamily eyeing Joon-myun as he prepared the drink.

 

Lu Han cursed at his luck. Soon after, Sehun and Joon-myun returned with Lu Han’s orders and set them down on the counter.

 

“X Won,” Sehun said monotonously and in a disinterested tone.

 

“Sehun, manners,” Joon-myun reminded.

 

Sehun scowled. Lu Han smiled to himself.

 

Looks like Heaven does provide some good service after all in the form of this Suho guy, Lu Han thought as he fished for his wallet and handed the bills over to Sehun.

 

Joon-myun took the jug of Bourbon Coke and handed it over to Yixing with a smile. Yixing took the jug and wished that Joon-myun would hold onto the jug much longer, but he did not much to Yixing’s disappointment.

 

Sehun returned shortly after. Speaking to Lu Han, Sehun said politely, “Here’s your change, sir.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Joon-myun then picked up the Margarita and handed it over Lu Han. With a smile, he said, “Enjoy your drink, sir.”

 

“Gamsa hamnida,” Lu Han replied.

 

“I’m sorry if Sehun here might have come off as a bit rude,” Joon-myun apologised. “I’ll make sure he improves.”

 

“Hyung, I wasn’t rude or anything,” Sehun protested. “It’s just that this customer here looks underage and I asked to see his identification.”

 

“That’s enough Sehun,” Joon-myun firmly warned.

 

“Once again, I’m really sorry,” Joon-myun apologised.

 

“That’s okay,” Lu Han replied.

 

Lu Han then tugged at Yixing indicating it was time to return to where Tao was. Yixing sighed and did so reluctantly.

 

Lu Han turned round to take a look at the Sehun guy. The guy named Suho seemed to be talking to Sehun in a serious and firm manner.

 

And for one fleeting moment, Lu Han felt really guilty.

 

I hope that Oh Sehun guy doesn’t lose his job because of me.

 

……

 

The rest of the night at Heaven passed uneventfully for the Lu Han. Tao, Yixing and him had a great time on the dance floor. Lu Han had to admit that he enjoyed the music at Heaven very much. Neither did he run into Sehun for the rest of the night.

 

He had the other staff at Heaven serve him. And they were all friendly, full of smiles, good-looking and eager to please such as Chanyeol and Baekhyun if he remembered their names correctly. He spotted another tall good looking guy who seemed to be little tanned and flustered with a shorter boy with large orbs helping him out. He’s probably new, Lu Han thought. Anyway, the better service made up for the bad experience he had earlier with Sehun.

 

From the bar counter, Sehun continued to train his focus on Lu Han. From afar, he noticed that there were many guys who were trying to get themselves acquainted with Lu Han but they came out looking rather disappointed. Some of those guys happened to be Sehun’s target and type – late twenties to early thirties working professionals.

 

He reeled with jealousy and scoffed, “Who does this Lu Han guy think he is? I’m the real ulzzang over here.”

 

Baekhyun came over to Sehun and tapped Sehun’s shoulder, “Sehun-ah, what’s wrong with you? You’ve been looking moodier than you normally are for nearly the whole evening. Got scolded by Joon-myun hyung again?”

 

Sehun nodded and complained bitterly, “It’s so not fair. I was trying to do my job.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“There was this guy who I thought look underage to be here. So I asked him to see his identification and he seemed to take offence and wanted to leave. And you know Joon-myun won’t tolerate the idea of having one dissatisfied customer,” Sehun complained.

 

“Do you mean that baby-faced looking doll of a guy?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Ne. His name is Lu Han. He’s Chinese and he’s 22,” Sehun replied.

 

“No kidding!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“But he looks 15 or 16,” Baekhyun commented.

 

“Precisely. This is why I asked to see his identification when he ordered an alcoholic drink. You know ahjussi could possibly make some mistakes,” Sehun said.

 

“I think ahjussi is pretty careful about things like this. I sold this guy some Vodka drink anyway. Anyway don’t worry too much about it. Joon-myun hyung won’t stay angry for too long.”

 

“I know,” Sehun sighed. “Speak of the devil.”

 

Joon-myun appeared next to Sehun.

 

“Sehun-ah,” Joon-myun said.

 

“Are you going to continue with your lecture?”

 

“I’ve forgotten about it,” Joon-myun said.

 

Baekhyun eyed Sehun with an “I told you so” look.

 

“Sehun-ah, don’t you think that doll like guy from earlier is cute?”

 

“Ani!” Sehun exclaimed. “Hyung are you interested in him?”

 

Joon-myun shook his head. “No, no, no. I just think that both of you would look perfect together.”

 

“No way! He’s my rival. He’s been stealing business from me all this night. Besides I only like guys who are older and with money. He’s from China, and probably has no money.”

 

“Sehun-ah, that’s not a nice thing to say,” Joon-myun reminded.

 

“Mianhae. But hyung, did you notice that friend of his?”

 

Joon-myun nodded.

 

“He was totally eye-ing you and drooling over you.”

 

Joon-myun blushed.

 

“Hyung, you should consider him. He’s quite cute, even cuter than that Lu Han guy.”

 

“Well, you know I feel about dating. What’s more he’s a customer,” Joon-myun replied.

 

Sehun sighed as he eyed Kyungsoo at the other end of the counter.

 

Relationships are so complicated, Sehun thought. This is why I keep it simple. Just dates and flings. Wring some benefits out of them and then say we’re not suitable and then goodbye.

 

Lu Han, I will not forget you, Sehun thought to himself. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, Lu Han finally appears, so does Lay/Yixing and Tao in minor roles. 

I hope Lu Han's character isn't far off from everyone's expectations. He is nice with a little bit of sass. And I bet both he and Sehun left a deep impression on each other.

So did you like this chapter about Lu Han and his meeting with Sehun? What do you think will happen next between the two? Do you think anything will happen between Lay and Suho? 

And yup, in the last chapter, it was Led Apple's Jason/Hanbyul that was hitting on Kai.

Will Donghae pop up in the story? Most likely. When? I'll keep you guys in suspense. 

Anyway thank you for your comments. Please continue to be generous with your love and comments. And if this is your first time at this fanfic, welcome, please support me by leaving your comments and well subscribing to it.

Hope you enjoyed this update. 

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)