Kyungsoo and Jino/Jinho Part II: I was wrong

Heaven's Boys

 

“Do you love me?” Kyungsoo asked as he gazed into Jinho’s eyes.

 

“Yes, silly boy,” Jinho replied as he planted a kiss on Kyungsoo’s cheek.

 

It was a Friday night and Kyungsoo was snuggling up with Jinho in Kyingsoo’s room.

 

“Why do you love me? I’m just this childish kid who isn’t attractive. I’m small, skinny, with two big eyes and a blank look.”

 

Jinho chuckled.

 

“It’s not funny,” Kyungsoo remarked as he pouted.

 

“You’re much better than you think you are. You’re a really caring guy. And for that I thank you.”

 

“That’s all I get? Just thank you?”

 

“What do you want?” Jinho said as he planted another kiss on Kyungsoo’s lips. “You mean this?”

 

“Let’s go on an outing this weekend. Two days one night. Somewhere nearby, but away from Seoul,” Kyungsoo suggested.  

 

Jinho let out a yawn. “Can we just stay in Seoul? I don’t really want to go anywhere. I’m fine being in this room together with you.”

 

“But we haven’t been on an outing for ages. Let’s go to the beach or seaside. It’ll be fun,” Kyungsoo persuaded.  

 

“But I’m tired,” Jinho pointed out. “I don’t think I have any energy for any outdoor activities. Besides it might be difficult to book a room at the last minute.”

 

“Please,” Kyungsoo begged as climbed on top of Jinho and pressed his lips on Jinho’s. This was the start of a more intense and passionate kiss as their tongues swirled and intertwined with one another, battling each other for dominance. Kyungsoo took off his boxers before taking off Jinho’s boxers and grinded his on Jinho’s erected as they continued to kiss.

 

Finally Jinho relented and agreed on the weekend getaway. And so they decided on Gyeongpo Beach.

 

Both of them spent an entire Saturday at the beach relaxing under the sun, swimming and participating in water sports and games. In fact, Jinho had forgotten about how exhausted he was from all the training. The time outdoors made him feel much more refreshed and energised.

 

They were to return to Seoul on Sunday afternoon. Kyungsoo insisted on going to the beach for the last time, but Jinho was reluctant. However, he eventually gave in to Kyungsoo.

 

They went for a round of swimming on Sunday morning, but the tides were high so they turned back after a while. This left Kyungsoo rather disappointed.

 

……

 

“Jino-ah, can we go have some fun in the sea before we return to Seoul?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Jinho who was lying on a mat and reading said, “It may not be a good idea. The tide was unusually high earlier. The currents were pretty strong. We were lucky to have made it back safely. Let’s just stay here, okay?”

 

“But the sea looks so calm now. We had come all the way from Seoul. And you’re so busy that we don’t know when we would have the chance to spend a weekend like this again. It would be a waste…” Kyungsoo pleaded.  

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, let’s just stay here. We were lucky that nothing happened earlier.”

 

“One last swim. Why are you being a spoilsport?”

 

Jinho shook his head.

 

Just then Kyungsoo stood up and threw a tantrum, “I don’t care. I want to go for a swim. And you’re coming with me. You’ve been neglecting me for a long time because of your training. You’re always listless when we meet up. Don’t you know how lonely I feel? Do you even care about me anymore? Do you even love me anymore?”

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, I’m sorry for neglecting you. But I’m really trying my best. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t care or love you. And I don’t regret coming on this trip. We had an enjoyable time together.”

 

“But don’t you know time is precious? Once you debut as an artiste, you won’t have time for me. And I’m going off overseas to study cooking…I want to spend whatever time we have together.”

 

“Didn’t I encourage you to audition for my company? So that we can be together and even have a chance to debut together,” Jinho countered.

 

“You’re so selfish…that’s your dream not mine,” Kyungsoo rebuked.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, that’s not what I meant…you know I love you very much…”

 

“How would you feel if I asked you to give up your dream because of me?”

 

Jinho remained silent.

 

“I’m not even asking you to give up your dream. I’m only asking you to keep me company. I’m only asking you to go with me for a swim,” Kyungsoo cried out.

 

“But I have kept you company haven’t I? I know that you feel lonely and insecure, and I have kept you company even though I was tired. It was difficult for me too. Kyungsoo-ah, I’m not a good swimmer. You’re not a good swimmer either…what if something happens?” Jinho reasoned.

 

“So now I’m the unreasonable one? You sound as though I’m forcing you.”

 

“Kyungsoo-ah…”

 

“I hate you Cho Jinho. Don’t talk to me. You’re no fun to be with. You can go back to Seoul by yourself. I’m going for a swim. I wonder why I agreed to be your boyfriend,” Kyungsoo shouted as he stormed off.

 

Jinho grabbed Kyungsoo by his wrist, “Kyungsoo-ah, I know you’re angry with me. But please don’t go. The sea has been quite rough. It may be calm now but you’ll never know. What if something bad happens to you?”

 

“Why would you even care? At most I’ll be dead. You’ll have one less burden and problem,” he said spitefully.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, I don’t mean it that way. Please.”

 

But Kyungsoo ignored Jinho and shrugged him off causing Jinho to fall into the sand. The older boy watched sadly as Kyungsoo waded into the water. He decided to wait on the shore for Kyungsoo to return.  

 

Kyungsoo was still reeling from the argument as he waded into the water. He was feeling angry as he splashed about in the water. But deep inside Kyungsoo knew that Jinho does love him. But he wanted to show his unhappiness at Jinho.

 

“Maybe I should test him to see if he really cares about me,” Kyungsoo thought as he flung himself into the water and began to swim.

 

From the shore, Jinho watched on anxiously for Kyungsoo fearing something might happen. His eyes were peeled on Kyungsoo as the latter disappeared further from the shore into the waters. Just then Jinho noticed something amiss. Jinho was struggling and he was flailing in arms desperately in the air. Without much thought, Jinho waded into the waters and swam towards Kyungsoo.

 

Just then the waters turned choppy and many huge waves hit the swimmers including Kyungsoo and Jinho. Jinho let out a scream as he was hit by the first wave and lost sight of Kyungsoo. He struggled to swim towards where he had last seen Kyungsoo but the waves were too difficult for a below average swimmer like Jinho. He started to get a cramp in one of his legs.

 

Kyungsoo was hit by the first wave leaving him disorientated and swallowing a few gulps of water, but luckily for him, someone got hold of him almost immediately and brought him back to the shore. He spluttered a bit as he reached the shore but Kyungsoo was otherwise alright.

 

He started to panic when he could not see Jinho as he ran along the shore hoping that Jinho had safely returned if not, to at least be able to catch a glimpse of Jinho still at sea. But there was no Jinho.

 

Kyungsoo collapsed onto the sand and began to cry. A few onlookers who saw him asked Kyungsoo what happened and in between sobs, he told them that Jinho was in the water, and that he was not good at swimming. One of them understood what Kyungsoo meant and headed towards the sea which had since calmed down.

 

Kyungsoo shut his eyes and prayed that Jinho would be alright. Kyungsoo knew that he was wrong and had gone too far with his attempts at testing Jinho.

 

Why am I so childish and wilful? Why am I so unreasonable?

 

Jino, I beg of you. Please come back to my side safely.

 

He could hear a commotion around him. As he opened his eyes, he saw a man carrying Jinho onto the shore. Jinho scrambled over to Jinho’s side, tripping over himself a few times. An onlooker shouted out for someone to call an ambulance. The man then laid Jinho on the sand and attempted to perform CPR on Jinho as Kyungsoo looked on expectantly. The man then pumped at Jinho’s chest but there was no response from the boy. The main continued his attempts at resuscitating Jinho but Jinho remained still. Kyungsoo’s heart began to sink. The man then checked Jinho’s pulse and lifted Jinho’s eyes but it just only drooped down. The man sighed and turned to Kyungsoo and shook his head.

 

The crowd began to gasp as Kyungsoo clambered next to Jinho. “Jino-ah, jal mothaeso. Naega jal mothaeso. Please wake up, jebal. ”

 

Kyungsoo shook Jinho’s body and cried, “Wake up. Don’t die. Wake up. Je-bal tteona-gajima. I’m sorry. Do you remember your dreams to become a singer? You can’t just go like this. Wake up. Please wake up.”

 

“I’m sorry for being so childish. I’m sorry for shouting at you. I’m sorry for trying to test you. Please wake up. I promise I won’t be so childish anymore. I promise I won’t be a nuisance to you. I promise to become more understanding. So wake up,” Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

Kyungsoo’s tears fell unto Jinho’s body. Kyungsoo cradled Jinho tightly as he continued to beg Jinho to wake up whilst apologising and promising to change.

 

The medics finally arrived and tried to pry Kyungsoo apart from Jinho. However, Kyungsoo let out a heart-wrenching wail as the onlookers tried their best to hold Kyungsoo back away from Jinho to allow the medics to do their work.

 

They certified that Jinho was already dead and were satisfied that there was nothing that can be done to bring Jinho back to life. They then placed Jinho’s corpse into a body bag, lay it on a stretcher. This proved too much for Kyungsoo to take as the medics began to zip the body bag. He kicked as several onlookers restrained him from getting close to Jinho on the while as he was bawling and screaming Jinho’s name.

 

When Jinho’s body was finally taken away, Kyungsoo crumpled from exhaustion into a kneeling position on the sand as he continued to cry for Jinho.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And this story concludes Kyungsoo's back-story. Hope it wasn't a disappointment. I guess one thing to learn from this is not to try to put the people you love to the test as what Kyungsoo did. 

I hope this better explains why Kyungsoo felt so guilt-ridden about himself. So far between Sehun and Kyungsoo, who do you think had a sadder backstory before they came to Heaven?

 

Thank you all for your love and comments so far. Please continue to show your love by commenting, spreading the word about this fic any my others as well as by subscribing.

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)