Everybody wants Lu Han

Heaven's Boys

 

It was a warm summery Saturday night.

 

Lu Han was standing in a queue. He cocked his head left and right, and lowered it, all the while feeling worried that someone might recognise him.

 

He grumbled to himself. “I must be totally insane to do this. Why am I even here?”

 

The line began to inch forward, and the guy behind Lu Han mumbled for him to keep moving.

 

“Seriously, Lu Han, what were you thinking coming to Heaven all by yourself on a Saturday night without Yixing or Tao?” Lu Han thought to himself as he moved along with the queue.

 

“I mean why do you care if some kid loses his job because of you, right? It’s not your fault. He was so rude and unfriendly. Why do you have to feel so worried over a complete stranger?”

 

Lu Han raised his head and to his horror, he was the fifth in line to enter the club. Just then his gaze settled on two boyish pretty flower boys who walked past by him.

 

The two boys stopped in front of Lu Han much to his consternation.

 

“I’m Chansik,” the boy with the straighter hair cut said.

 

“And I’m Jinyoung,” the other boy with wine-coloured locks said.

 

“Do I know you? Have we met or something?” Lu Han squeaked.

 

“No,” the red-head said. “We think that you’re really cute and we want to make friends with you. I see that you’re alone. Care to join us inside?”

 

Lu Han smiled as he thought to himself, “What did I do deserve this?”

 

He then turned to the two boys and said, “Thanks for the invitation but I don’t plan on staying for long. I’m just here to meet a friend for a while and I’ll be off.”

 

The two boys looked visibly disappointed but they still smiled at Lu Han. The red head then said, “Well, we hope to see you in there.”

 

Lu Han nodded. The two boys then headed to join the queue from behind.

 

The queue started to move and Lu Han found himself second in position.

 

“Okay, Lu Han, it is still not too late to back out. You still can make a run for it, go home, huddle up under your blankets and watch a movie. Then wake up early on Sunday and have a game of soccer. Who cares about some teenage kid?”

 

But when it came to Lu Han’s turn, he did not make a run for it. In a trance-like state, he reached for his wallet, fished out several bills and paid for his admission ticket. He then found himself walking into Heaven.      

 

……

 

It was not a sight Chanyeol wanted to see or face.

 

There Baekhyun was with a girl in tow, heading towards the bar counter. She has long straight overflowing locks which made her look like a princess. And from where Chanyeol was, she looked really pretty under the make-up. Sehun, who was at the bar counter, sighed and stared disapprovingly.

 

Chanyeol wished that a hole would open up in the ground and swallow him whole. He wanted to find an excuse to get away from the counter, but it was too late as a smiling Baekhyun and Ji-eun had showed up in front of him.

 

“Channie!” Baekhyun exclaimed with all smiles.

 

“Byunbaek,” Chanyeol replied, forcing a megawatt smile on his face which somehow made him looked kind of creepy.

 

Ji-eun broke out into a smile, “So you must be Chanyeol-ssi. Baekhyun-ssi has been always talking about you. Hello, I’m Ji-eun. Nice to meet you.”

 

She bowed. Chanyeol bowed and greeted her as he noticed Baekhyun’s hand still grasping Ji-eun’s.

 

Still flashing a smile, Chanyeol asked, “Can I get you something to drink? Since you’re Baekhyun’s friend, it is on the house.”

 

“That’s alright. Baekhyun-ssi will fix me something later,” she said turning to Baekhyun and smiled sweetly. “And I insist on paying.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes as he thought, “Baekhyun hyung is such a dumb . And this girl is so plastic.”

 

“Alright,” Chanyeol replied. “So what has Byunbaek here told you about me?”

 

“That you’re his best and dearest friend a boy could ever have. He said you have a creepy smile which looks like is true. You’re a loyal friend who’s fun to be with and is talented in music,” Ji-eun replied sweetly.  

 

“He really said that?” Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun. Although he put on a chirpy tone and demeanour, he could not help but feel a little disappointed inside.

 

Sehun noticed Chanyeol’s disappointment and awkwardness. He pretended to clear his throat. He tapped Chanyeol on his back and whispered into Chanyeol’s ears asking him to go off to clear the tables or check on the customers.

 

Baekhyun was suddenly aware of Sehun’s presence thanks to the younger pretending to clear this throat. “Noona, I forgot to introduce to you Heaven’s lovable maknae, Oh Sehun.”

 

“Sehun-ssi, you’re indeed very lovable,” Ji-eun complimented.

 

“Thank you,” Sehun replied flatly. “I get that quite a lot. By the way, I’m totally gay.  But nice to meet you Ji-eun noona.”

 

Just then Jongin returned to the bar counter and Sehun nudged Chanyeol to make their retreat. In the meantime, Baekhyun introduced Ji-eun to Jongin.

 

……

 

Lu Han was craning his neck to search for Sehun in the crowd. He just wanted to get it over and done with.

 

I don’t see him around? Is he working tonight or has he been fired because of me? Or is he at the bar counter? I can’t see the counter from here. It’s too far away. I think I had better leave.

 

Lu Han turned to head towards the exit only to run into someone.

 

“Lu Han-ssi?” the person asked.

 

“You are?” Lu Han was trying his best to remember the smiling angelic boy in front of him.

 

“I’m Suho.”

 

“That’s right,” Lu Han smiled, feeling a little embarrassed.

 

“Are you alone tonight or with your friends? I don’t see anyone with you,” Joon-myun noted.

 

“Alone,” Lu Han stammered awkwardly before he quickly added, “Actually, I was supposed to meet someone here, but turns out that he bailed out on me.’

 

“Are you planning to leave again without a drink?” Joon-myun asked as he noticed Lu Han’s unused drink ticket in Lu Han’s hand.

 

“Come on, let’s go to the bar counter,” Joon-myun smiled knowingly.  

 

“No, no, that’s okay,” Lu Han brushed off. “I’m fine.”

 

“I insist that you must at least have a drink before you leave. Don’t waste the drink coupon. I’m sure there’s someone which you want to meet.” Joon-myun grinned.

 

And without one more word, Joon-myun took hold of Lu Han’s hand and led him to the bar counter where Sehun was.

 

The two pretty boys came face to face with one another again. Lu Han was inwardly relieved that Sehun was not fired from his job. As for Sehun, there was a scowl on his face.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked in a frosty and hostile tone.

 

“Be nice Sehun,” Joon-myun chided. “He’s a customer. He’s here to have fun and relax. He was here to meet a friend, but his friend blew him off at the last minute. So be nice to Lu Han-ssi okay?”

 

Sehun nodded rather grudgingly. He asked Lu Han, “What you would like to drink, sir?”

 

“Would you like the Margarita or would you like something else?” Joon-myun offered.

 

“You remembered what I ordered?” Lu Han stared at Joon-myun in surprise.

 

Joon-myun nodded as Lu Han thought to himself of how remarkable and fastidious to detail Joon-myun was.

 

“I would have a Screwdriver, thank you,” Lu Han replied.

 

“I’ll go fix it up for you. Meanwhile Sehun and Lu Han-ssi, I hope you would enjoy your chat,” Joon-myun said and he winked at them.

 

“What?” Sehun exclaimed in horror as he shot Joon-myun a dirty look.

 

Although Joon-myun took his own time to prepare Lu Han’s drink to give the two boys a chance to speak, neither of them was willing to initiate the conversation as they continued staring at each other for a while. Finally it was Lu Han who decided to break the ice.

 

“I’m sorry if I sounded a little impolite the last time. I wasn’t planning on coming here, but my friends dragged me along. And I had high hopes of this place and when you sort of questioned my age in a not so friendly manner, I guess I flipped out and overreacted. I’m sorry if it caused you to be scolded by your manager,” Lu Han said.

 

At least he’s still here, Lu Han thought inwardly.

 

“You should be sorry indeed. I did get an earful from Joon-myun hyung,” Sehun replied coolly.

 

“Well, I guess I should get going then,” Lu Han said.

 

“Sure,” Sehun said. “Hope not to see you around.”

 

A tall looking boy suddenly appeared at the bar counter and stood next to Sehun.

 

“Manners, Sehun, manners,” he said with a grin on his face.

 

“Hi, I’m Chanyeol. I guess you must be Lu Han.”

 

“How did you know my name?” Lu Han asked in surprise.

 

“You left quite an impression with your visit that day,” Chanyeol grinned.

 

At that moment, Baekhyun returned to the bar counter and Chanyeol promptly took his leave before Baekhyun could even say a word to Chanyeol.

 

Sehun turned away and rolled his eyes in disgust and swore inaudibly under his breath. He felt really bad for Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun noticed Lu Han, “Hey! I’ve seen you before. Weren’t you here last week? You were the guy Channie said would make a cute match with Sehun.”

 

Lu Han blushed and stole a glance at Sehun who glowered at Baekhyun and thumped him on his back causing the older boy to splutter and choke.

 

This caused Joon-myun, Chanyeol and Jongin to rush over to Baekhyun’s side to check on him.

 

“Byunbaek, are you alright?” a concerned Chanyeol asked as he patted Baekhyun gently.

 

“I’m fine. Sehun didn’t manage to kill me,” Baekhyun spluttered.

 

Joon-myun quickly set down Lu Han’s drink and apologised for the little scene which Sehun created as he wagged his finger at the maknae.

 

Jongin was just staring at Lu Han and admiring him. He was such a pretty and angelic-looking boy with a perfect coiffure that reminded Jongin of his ex.

 

Lu Han felt really embarrassed at the attention. “I’m sorry for causing this little ruckus here. I think I ought to get going.”

 

“Don’t go. Just stay!” a voice exclaimed.

 

It was Jongin. The other boys turned in surprise to look at him. Feeling the heat from all the sudden attention, Jongin quickly covered himself, “I mean… it isn’t your fault. Do you have a job now? Why don’t you work here, in Heaven?”

 

“What? No way!” Sehun exclaimed.  

 

“You should totally work here. You would be able to draw more crowds,” Baekhyun chimed in enthusiastically, ignoring Sehun.
 

Lu Han started to look panicky.

 

“Hey guys, you’re getting too carried away. You’re scaring him,” Joon-myun said. He then turned to Lu Han and apologised, “I’m really sorry about the way the kids are behaving.”

 

Lu Han shook his head. “I’m okay. I’m just overwhelmed by this sudden attention.”

 

“Don’t you get lots of that?” Sehun snapped.

 

“I don’t enjoy attention,” Lu Han responded softly. “I really should go.”

 

“Baekhyun-ssi,” Ji-eun called out as she approached the bar counter, “Is everything alright? You were gone for so long.”

 

Just then Ji-eun noticed Lu Han and she squealed, “He’s so cute. Is he working here? I’m Ji-eun. How should I address you?”

 

“I’m Lu Han.”

 

She stretched her hand to shake Lu Han’s which Lu Han politely accepted. But her handshake seemed to linger on for a little while before she finally withdrew her hand.

 

“A tart and an attention . Just perfect,” Sehun swore under his breath.

 

“Sehun-ah, I heard that,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Hyung, look at her,” Sehun whispered. “What does Baekhyun-hyung see in her? Hyung, you have to do something.”

 

Ji-eun was trying to engage in a conversation with Lu Han which made the boy rather uncomfortable.

 

Chanyeol sighed, “What can I do if he only sees me as a friend or brother?”

 

“Do you want to join me and my friends?” Ji-eun asked Lu Han. “I’m sure they would like to meet you.”

 

Before Lu Han could answer, the two boys who ran into him outside the club came to the bar counter.

 

“Hey, weren’t you the guy in line earlier?” the red-head (Jinyoung) asked.

 

Lu Han nodded.

 

“Didn’t you say you were meeting a friend? He didn’t show up?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“You should join us,” Chansik added.

 

“Come on, Lu Han, join Baekhyun-ssi and me at our table,” Ji-eun urged.

 

“Your name is Lu Han?” Jinyoung asked. “Come have a drink and dance with us.”

 

Just then a middle-aged man approached Lu Han and said, “My name is Ji Sung. You’re cute. Can I buy you a drink?”

 

Lu Han’s heard whirled with all the incessant voices clamouring and bugging for his attention as Sehun looked on half-amused, half-irritated that Lu Han was competing for the attention of that guy named Ji Sung – the very type that Sehun wanted to ensnare.

 

Tonight is a mistake. I shouldn’t have come, Lu Han thought. He felt his head was going to explode any moment.

 

He reached for his drink and gulped it down. “Enough!” he exclaimed. “I’m sorry. I just want to go home right now.”

 

Forgetting that he had already paid for the drink with the coupon, Lu Han instinctively reached for his wallet and fished out several bills and handed them to Joon-myun.

 

“Thank you for your hospitality, Suho-ssi,” Lu Han said. “But I have to get going.”

 

Lu Han turned and fled towards the exit, leaving the people gathered around him dumbfounded.

 

Joon-myun stared at the bills in front of him and a sudden realisation hit him. He the bills into Sehun and said, “Go after Lu Han-ssi. Return the money to him.”

 

Sehun groaned. “Why me? Why don’t you do it yourself? Why don’t we just keep the money? We could take the money as tips.”

 

But Joon-myun said nothing and eyed Sehun sternly. Sehun sighed and dashed for the exit.

 

As Sehun made his way out of Heaven, he swung his head left and right to check for where Lu Han headed to. He saw a figure not far that looked like Lu Han. He turned right and gave chase. He called out after Lu Han, “Hey stop there! You forgot your money!”

 

But Lu Han did not seem to respond. But Sehun eventually caught up with Lu Han.

 

“Hey!” Sehun said as he grabbed Lu Han’s hands from his side and put the cash back into Lu Han’s palm.

 

Lu Han turned to look at Sehun with a look of surprise.

 

“You had already paid for the drink. It came with the entrance fee. I’m just returning you the money. We don’t like to be dishonest to customers.”

 

As Sehun turned to walk away, Lu Han turned towards Sehun and called out, “Do you think I’m an attention ? I know that you think I am.”

 

Sehun froze in his tracks. He turned around to look at Lu Han who was all gloomy.

 

“I know you’ll probably think that way,” Lu Han said. “But I don’t enjoy the attention one bit.”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“You know I only came to Heaven tonight because I was worried that you would be dismissed from your job. I just wanted to know if you’re alright,” Lu Han gushed.

 

“I’ll be fine. Thanks for your concern,” Sehun replied with a straight face.

 

“I guess,” Lu Han smiled weakly. “I also want to apologise …”

 

“Noted and accepted,” Sehun replied.

 

“I wanted to ask you out. Let me buy you a drink as a form of apology,” Lu Han said.

 

“I get these requests very often. I don’t come easy. Give me one reason why I should go out with you,” Sehun replied coolly.

 

Lu Han shook his head and with a tinge of disappointment in his voice, he said, “I can’t find any. But I’m glad that I didn’t cause you much trouble. Good night Sehun.”

 

Lu Han then turned around and trudged off. He did not know why he was feeling dejected. Just then Sehun felt a pang of guilt overcome him. He could not explain why this was happening to him and he called out, “You know since you’ve already caused me this much trouble, why don’t you just give me more trouble by just going out. I’m free this Monday after school. It’s around four in the afternoon. I’m at XXX Arts School in XXX area. We could meet for a drink.”

 

Lu Han paused in his tracks as he turned back to look gratefully at Se Hun.

 

“That’s a deal then. I’ll see you on Monday,” Lu Han shouted happily and he resumed his walk.

 

“Wait a minute!” Sehun called out as he jogged to Lu Han’s side.

 

“Let me walk you to the main road to get a cab. This place can be quite unsafe at times during the night. There might be some anti-homouals or gay bashers here waiting to attack,” Sehun said.

 

“What about you?” Lu Han asked worriedly. “Who’s going to walk you back to Heaven?”

 

Sehun smiled. “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. I live in this neighbourhood.”

 

And the two boys walked in silence to the main road until Sehun saw Lu Han board a cab.

 

As Sehun walked back to Heaven, he wondered, “What’s wrong with me?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Lu Han is back. Looks like he is a crowd favourite. =) Hope you enjoyed the HunHan moments in this chapter. And Suho/Joon-myun seems to be jumping into this ship.

Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter and please continue to support me with your comments, and if you have yet to subscribe to this story, please subscribe to it as well. 

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)