Double Date

Heaven's Boys

 

“What?” Joon-myun exclaimed; his eyes bulging from its sockets. “You want me to go on a double date with you, Lu Han and Lu Han’s friend! I barely even know…!”

 

“Hyung,” Sehun protested. “It’s not a date. I’m not dating Lu Han!”

 

“Don’t you like him? You seem to smile subconsciously every time you mention his name. See you’re doing it now,” Joon-myun pointed out.

 

There was indeed a smile, although a crooked one on Sehun’s face.

 

“What?” Sehun scowled.

 

“Once again, it’s not a double date. It’s just an outing between friends. And I’m not interested in Lu Han. He’s too young. I only like MUCH older men who can provide for me,” Sehun emphasised.

 

“Anyway just go along with Lu Han and his friend and count me out on this proposed outing. Since I hardly know them,” Joon-myun said.

 

“But it would be awkward with just three people. At least with you around, you can keep Lu Han’s friend entertained,” Sehun cajoled.

 

“Are you trying to fix me up with someone?” Joon-myun asked Sehun point blank.

 

“Ani,” Sehun shook his head.

 

Joon-myun sighed. “Sehun-ah, I know what you’re thinking. I know you want to help me get over Kyungsoo and I really appreciate what you’re trying to do. But I just can’t. Not now. Not yet.”

 

Sehun gulped as he thought to himself, “Are my intentions really that transparent?”

 

“Hyung!” Sehun explained. “I’m not trying to set you up with another guy. I just thought that with this whole Kyungsoo hyung thing making you upset, I just wanted you to go out and chill, have some fun, relax and get to know more people. I don’t want to see you coop yourself up at home, feeling unhappy.”

 

“You’re really sweet, maknae-ah. But…”

 

“You’ve been doing so much for me. Let me do something for you this once, please?” Sehun pleaded earnestly.

 

Sehun sounded so sincere that Joon-myun could not find the heart to reject him any further and disappoint the younger boy. Joon-myun could also sense that Sehun was eager to meet with Lu Han, although Sehun had repeatedly and vehemently denied it.

 

“Maybe Lu Han might be the guy Sehun needs,” Joon-myun thought. “Maybe I could help him a little.”

 

“Alright, I’ll go,” Joon-myun said while nodding his head.

 

“Really?” Sehun exclaimed as he broke into a smile. “That’s great! I’ll inform Lu Han that the meeting is confirmed.”

 

Sehun resisted the urge of wanting to fist pump in excitement and happiness, and reverted back to his dour self. Joon-myun noticed and stifled his urge to laugh.

 

“Remember to wear something nice that day,” Sehun said as he swiped his handphone from the desk and left the room.

 

Sehun then sent a text message to Lu Han: “The meeting is settled. Joon-myun hyung has agreed to come along. Remember to ask your friend along.”

 

“That’s great. Shall we go to this place in XX for pat-bing-su?” Lu Han replied.

 

“Deal.”

 

“Why don’t we stay with them for a while and have some dessert before we make excuses to leave so as to leave the both of them alone together?” Lu Han suggested.

 

“Wouldn’t that be awkward?”

 

“Well, we’ll have to do that to see if they’ll hit it off, right? But are you sure your hyung is okay? He seems pretty messed up from what you told me the other time. I really hope he doesn’t hurt Yixing.”

 

“He’s fine. I feel that he needs to socialise more to get out of this rut he’s in right now. He’s a nice guy. He won’t hurt your friend. But then again, do tell your friend not to set his hopes too high…”

 

“Noted, I certainly will. That should be the case. Start off from conversation, maybe friends and see what happens next.”

 

“That’s right. So I’ll see you at two then.”

 

“Sure. See you.”

 

“See you Lu Han.”

 

……

 

Yixing was fidgeting in his seat. Lu Han who noticed Yixing’s nervousness, decided to hold the latter’s hand to reassure him. Yixing was in a black-shirt with a grey pattern knit buttoned cardigan over him paired with a dark coloured jeans and silver sneakers. His hair was neat and the fringe swept to his right. Lu Han looked pretty relaxed in a simple printed t-shirt paired with blue jeans that were folded up at the ends along with a pair of red high cut sneakers.

 

“Are we too early?” Yixing asked anxiously as he glanced at his watch. Lu Han smiled and patted Yixing on his back.

 

Just then Sehun and Joon-myun entered the eatery. Sehun was wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans with a printed t-shirt along with denim slip-ons. Joon-myun was in a white coloured long sleeve shirt paired with a polka-dot tie along with a light coloured pants and a high cut sneakers.

 

Although Joon-myun was still smarting from Kyungsoo’s rejection and feeling miserable, he nevertheless put on his winsome smile and friendly demeanour. It wasn’t that difficult for him to fake a smile and a laugh – after all, he had honed the skill from working in the service industry.

 

He also took extra pains to look presentable for the meeting not so much as to leave a deep impression of Lu Han’s friend, but really to make Sehun look good in front of Lu Han – that at least he (Joon-myun) made the effort.

 

Lu Han waved to Sehun. Joon-myun could see a smile forming on Sehun’s face as the younger boy quickened his pace to where Lu Han with Joon-myun following right behind.

 

“Lu Han, this is Joon-myun. That’s his real name. You know him as Suho,” Sehun began with the introductions. “Hyung, this is Lu Han.”

 

“Annyeong haseyo Lu Han-ssi,” Joon-myun greeted as he flashed his megawatt smile causing Yixing to feel weak in his knees.

 

“Let me introduce you. Joon-myun-ssi, this is my friend, Yixing. Or you can call him Lay.”

 

“Annyeong haseyo Yixing-ssi. Jeoneun Kim Joon-myun. Nice meeting you,” Joon-myun said; his smile never once fading from his face.

 

Yixing stuttered as he greeted Joon-myun. Yixing wanted to dig a hole and bury himself for appearing to be so socially inept.

 

The introductions were finally done with. Lu Han sat next to Yixing just opposite Sehun and Joon-myun. As they sat down and browsed the menu, Joon-myun and Yixing remained rather quiet.

 

“Each pat-bing-su is large enough to be shared by two. Shall we order two and share it among ourselves?” Sehun suggested. “Lu Han hyung, do you want to share one with me? I like the green tea flavour. Are you okay with that?”

 

“Sure. Then Yixing here can share one with Joon-myun-ssi,” Lu Han quipped.

 

Just then Sehun froze as Joon-myun kicked Sehun from under the table all the while maintaining his smile. Meanwhile Yixing gripped Lu Han’s hand tightly.

 

“I’m sure Joon-myun-ssi doesn’t mind sharing a dessert with Yixing, right?” Lu Han smiled.

 

“I don’t,” Joon-myun replied causing Yixing to fidget in his seat. “Yixing-ssi, what would you prefer? How about the original?”

 

“I’m fine with anything you order,” Yixing smiled.

 

Joon-myun nodded as he turned to Sehun with a glare which said that “I’m doing this only for your sake. You’re going to get it when we get home later.”

 

“Well, we’ll ready to order,” Joon-myun said as he flagged the attention of the staff.

 

……

 

The orders arrived not long after. Joon-myun paid for the orders. Lu Han and Sehun dug into their dessert with gusto. Joon-myun took his own time with the food as Yixing took spoonfuls of the iced dessert shyly. And at one point of time, their metal spoons clanged against each other when they put their spoons into the bowl at the same time. Yixing shyly withdrew his spoon while Joon-myun nonchalantly scooped a spoonful of ice to eat.

 

“You just kissed Yixing hyung indirectly,” Sehun teased.

 

This caused Yixing to blush. Joon-myun still wearing a smile playfully retorted, “Sehun, you probably have kissed Lu Han many times more sharing this dessert together.”

 

It was Sehun’s turn to blush. Lu Han just laughed at Joon-myun’s comments. And this made Yixing break out into laughter too.

 

Later, Lu Han took the lead into starting a conversation and got Yixing to talk about his hobbies. Yixing spoke about his love for dancing and composing music and this sort of broke his shyness and calmed his nerves.

 

Joon-myun was genuinely interested in what Yixing had to say. Lu Han suggested that Yixing sing a part of his self composition but as they were in a public place, Yixing declined. Sehun then suggested that Yixing come down to Heaven during one of the afternoons to showcase his song. Joon-myun did not object and Lu Han got Yixing to agree.

 

Joon-myun then spoke about himself, his interest in golf. He spoke with pride about his work in Heaven and being a leader and shared some of the interesting encounters he had with the customers. However, he did not mention anything about his past and fortunately, neither Lu Han nor Yixing probed further.

 

When Lu Han and Sehun finished their dessert, Sehun gave Lu Han a wink. It was time to put their plan into action. It was time to leave Joon-myun and Yixing alone together.

 

“Joon-myun hyung, Lu Han hyung and Yixing hyung, I realise that I have another appointment in about 20 minutes. I have to get going. I’m sorry. You three enjoy your chat.”

 

Before Joon-myun could say anything, Sehun got up and fled the shop leaving Joon-myun a little flustered.

 

The three of them continued on with their conversation as Lu Han and Yixing shared about their lives in Korea – their initial difficulty adjusting to a foreign environment and language. Lu Han and Yixing were from different cities in China. Lu Han had arrived in Korea much earlier than Yixing. So he had a better grasp of the Korean language. Yixing is still a student and a trainee with some entertainment company. Lu Han is currently working at an entertainment company and that was how both of them met.

 

It was 20 minutes after Sehun left when Lu Han received a call on his mobile.

 

“I’m sorry. My company is looking for me. It’s something urgent. I have to go. I apologise. Both of you enjoy yourselves,” Lu Han said.

 

“Isn’t it Sunday? You…” Yixing said but was interrupted when Lu Han kicked him from under the table.

 

“Then we should all just get going then,” Joon-myun offered.

 

“No. It is okay. Why don’t you spend some time with Yixing for me on my behalf? I’m really sorry,” Lu Han apologised as he got up and scooted off for the exit leaving Joon-myun and Yixing to look at each other awkwardly.

 

……

 

Lu Han found the place which Sehun had asked him to meet. It was a bubble tea shop with a few seats. Sehun was already sipping on his chocolate flavoured bubble milk tea. There was another cup on the table.

 

“I took the liberty of ordering a yam flavour milk tea for you,” Sehun said.

 

“Thank you Sehun-ah.” Lu Han smiled. “But didn’t we just have something sweet and cold a while earlier?”

 

“Sudden craving,” Sehun replied.

 

“Make sure you brush your teeth though,” Lu Han reminded.

 

“You sound like my mum,” Sehun scoffed.

 

“I’m just being concerned,” Lu Han said as he took a sip of the drink.

 

“And you should remember to brush your teeth too since you had both the pat-bing-su and bubble tea,” Sehun retorted.

 

“Sehun, can’t you just be nice with your words and act like a cute 18 year old teenager?” Lu Han teased.

 

“Says the one who looks younger than me.”

 

“I’m cute,” Lu Han said as be puffed up his cheeks and made a buing buing expression causing Sehun to erupt into laugher.

 

Lu Han ignored Sehun as he continued, rolling up the sleeve of his t-shirt, flexing his arm muscles and putting on his fiercest expression, “But I can be manly too.”

 

“Being fierce does not equal manly. You suit the cute concept better,” Sehun remarked in between laughs as he clutched his stomach.

 

“I prefer to be manly. Look at my muscles and veins,” Lu Han pouted and pointed to the small biceps he had. “I used to represent my school in soccer and won matches before. I have the blood of soccer. That same manliness runs through my veins and bloodstream.”

 

Sehun who had just taken another sip of his drink suddenly spewed the drink on his clothing. He found it amusing that Lu Han was trying to act all manly and pout at the same time. Lu Han instinctively reached for some tissue paper and moved closer towards Sehun to start dabbing the stains on Sehun’s shirt.

 

Their faces came within centimetres of each other. They could see the slight flare in their nostrils and hear the other party’s breaching as they deepened their gaze at one another from being captivated by the other party’s good looks.

 

They remained like that for a while before Lu Han pulled back in embarrassment.

 

“Well, this is why we shouldn’t talk and drink at the same time,” Lu Han muttered.

 

“I…” Sehun stammered.

 

Trying to recover from the awkwardness of the sudden situation, Lu Han said, “I wonder how those two are doing now. Yixing is kind of shy and reserved with strangers…”

 

“He’s with Joon-myun hyung. Hyung speaks very well. He has experience with all sort of awkward situations thanks to the job. Your friend should be fine,” Sehun reassured.

 

“But is that the real him? I mean Joon-myun-ssi. Is he really talkative when he’s not working?”

 

“He can be quite reserved.”

 

“And you mentioned that he’s been having some problems…”

 

“Don’t worry. I’ve told you many times that it would be fine. Joon-myun hyung is a gentleman. So stop worrying,” Sehun said.

 

“Alright. I’ll try not to. But was it alright for us to leave them together. I mean, won’t they feel awkward?”

 

“Hyung, relax.”

 

Just then Sehun’s handphone rang and he answered the call. When he finished with the call, he apologised to Lu Han. “I’m sorry I have to go. I have a date with some guy.”

 

Lu Han forced a smile. “But you’re not done with your drink.”

 

“I can take it along with me.”

 

Lu Han nodded as he tried his best to hide his disappointment. As Sehun was about to step out of the shop, Lu Han called out to Sehun. “Sehun-ah! Shall we go out again?”

 

Sehun turned around to reply, “Sure. Just call me or drop me a message.”

 

“Cool. But next time round, let is just be the two of us. No Yixing or Joon-myun-ssi.”

 

Sehun smiled and nodded before turning around to wave goodbye to Lu Han.

 

……

 

Yixing sighed as he trudged up the stairs to his shared apartment with Tao.

 

He could not deny that he had a great day with Joon-myun. Joon-myun had been nothing less than decent and gentlemanly and even accompanied him (Yixing) all the way home. Joon-myun’s dazzling smile captivated him, but he seemed rather warm, too polite, too cautious and perhaps a little distant despite his best efforts at striking a conversation.

 

“But he’s so friendly with the customers at Heaven? Maybe that’s because he has to be. So what’s the real Joon-myun like?” Yixing wondered to himself. “Did something happen to him? He gives me the feeling that he is hurting inside? What can I do to see his honest self and smile?”

 

……

 

The atmosphere between Yixing and Joon-myun was rather weird after the talkative Lu Han left. They could only look at each other unsure of what to say next.

 

Yixing was the first to break the ice. “I’m sorry. I’m not very fluent in the Korean language yet.”

 

Joon-myun smiled. “I think you’re rather fluent for someone who has been learning for like…”

 

“A year,” Yixing said. “I’ve been here for about a year. I’m so dumb right? I’ve been here for a year and I have yet to master the language well.”

 

“If we swapped places and I’m the one to be in China today, I don’t think I’ll be good in the Chinese language as you are in Korean,” Joon-myun said.

 

“Thank you. You’re really kind and polite”

 

“I mean it,” Joon-myun said. “Sincerely.”

 

“I wish there were more people like you.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“When some people realise that I’m not Korean, they kind of shun me,” Yixing sighed. “I’ll probably be able to count the number of Korean friends I have with my fingers. So I pretty much hang out with my Chinese friends such as Lu Han and Tao.”

 

“Who’s Tao?”

 

“Housemate.”

 

“You should try to get to know some Korean friends. Now you know Sehun and me. You can always come down to Heaven. I’ll introduce you to the rest of the guys. They’re all friendly people.”

 

“Really?”

 

“But first you have to pay the entrance fee,” Joon-myun chuckled. “You can get Lu Han–ssi to accompany you.”

 

“He won’t. He hates clubbing.”

 

“But I thought he would come down for Sehun. After all he did it once,” Joon-myun said.

 

“He did?” Yixing exclaimed in surprise. “He went to Heaven without me?”

 

“What a good friend he is,” Yixing grumbled. “He didn’t ask me along knowing that I wanted to meet you.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Nothing,” Yixing blushed in embarrassment for the slip of his tongue.

 

“I think Lu Han-ssi is quite fond of Sehun. Sehun seems to be quite fond of Lu Han too,” Joon-myun remarked.

 

“Really? Should we give them a hand?” Yixing suggested.

 

“Why not?” Joon-myun said. “Lu Han-ssi seems like a nice caring guy. Sehun would be so lucky.”

 

“Lu Han-ge is a great guy. But he is always receiving unwanted attention from both men and women that it bothers him. As long Sehun doesn’t feel jealous then that should be alright.”

 

“By the way, Yixing-ssi, do you put your composed songs online?”

 

“No.”

 

“If you do, I would like to hear them.”

 

“Really?”

 

“I would. You could get someone to film you performing and then upload the video to YouTube.”

 

“That’s a great idea. Thank you.”

 

“And when you’ve done so, text me the address. My contact no is this. XXXXX.”

 

“Wait, I didn’t catch it. Do you mind repeating?”

 

“Why don’t you just give me your handphone?” Joon-myun suggested.

 

Yixing obliged and Joon-myun keyed in and save his number on Yixing’s handphone.

 

“Anyway I’ve got to get going soon. I’ve got to start preparing to open for business at six,” Joon-myun said.

 

“Sorry for keeping you.”

 

“It’s alright. I had a great time. Thank you Yixing-ssi.”

 

“It was nice to go out with you Joon-myun-ssi.”

 

“Shall I see you home then?” Joon-myun offered.

 

It was one offer that Yixing could not resist that he could nod his head in delight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year all. Happy 2013 and here's wishing everyone here especially my readers and subscribers a fruitful 2013 where your dreams can come true. 

Anyway this update is a new year's present to all of you. 

I hope to be able to find the time, ideas and passion to continue to write more stories in the future. And I will try my best to work hard on my stories.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter with the HunHan moments and SuLay moments. Both Sehun and Joon-myun do really care for one another as you can seen. But do you think Joon-myun would eventually end up with Lay/Yixing? What chances would you rate them ending up together?

Thanks for all the comments. Although I don't reply to each comment personally due to the lack of the time (thanks to my work), I really do appreciate them and read them. I will try my best to incorporate the suggestions and I do take them to heart, especially the encouragement.

So please continue to comment and pen your suggestions. And if you have yet to subscribe to this story, please do so. 

Anyway just a spoiler, the next few chapters would be rather HunHan and KrisBaekYeol focused. So KaiSoo shippers, please don't be too upset. 

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)