I know I'm not a good guy but I like you

Heaven's Boys

 

Lu Han was in a good mood. He hummed a tune as he walked towards Sehun’s school gate. It was because Sehun had asked him out on a date which the older boy was only happy to accept. From a distance, Lu Han could make out Sehun’s figure. But there was another man next to Sehun and they looked like they were arguing. As Lu Han came closer, he could make out the other person clearly – it was the man whom Lu Han saw at the café a few weeks ago.

 

“Sehun-ah,” Lu Han called out.

 

“Lu…Lu…Lu…Han,” Sehun stuttered. He was surprised that Lu Han had arrived at such an inconvenient moment.

 

“Is this a bad time?” Lu Han asked cautiously. “Are we ready to go?”

 

Sehun nodded as he grabbed Lu Han’s hand. “Come on, let’s go.”

 

“Oh Sehun, where do you think you’re going? You and I have unfinished business,” the older man said menacingly.

 

“I thought I made it clear to you. You are I are over,” Sehun replied coolly.

 

“Who is this guy?” the man suddenly grabbed hold of Lu Han’s hand.

 

“Let go of his him,” Sehun snapped seeing Lu Han’s grimace.

 

“Who is he?” the man demanded. “Is he your boyfriend?”

 

“Yes, he is. I love him very much,” Sehun responded confidently as he yanked his ex-lover’s grip from Lu Han. “So let go of him!”

 

“No…no…no…” Lu Han explained in a flustered tone. “This is a misunderstanding. I’m not his boyfriend.”

 

Lu Han turned to look at Sehun hopefully with his wide doe eyes – that Sehun would speak the truth and not drag him into this mess.

 

“What is this?” the man demanded. “This pretty boy here said he is not your boyfriend. I don’t believe he’s your boyfriend. You told me you hate those pretty boy types.”

 

“He is my boyfriend.”

 

“Sehun-ah, I’m…”

 

Before Lu Han could finish his sentence, he felt something on his lips. His eyes widened as he came face to face and really up close to Sehun. Sehun pulled back from the kiss with a smirk.

 

“See I told you so,” Sehun insisted. “This pretty boy here is my boyfriend. This kiss is solid proof.”

 

“So you were two-timing me?” the man flared up.

 

“No. I stopped having feelings for you a lot time ago. That was even before I met him. I only realised my feelings for him not too long ago and had only just gotten together with him,” Sehun stated.

 

Turning to Lu Han with a threatening glare, the older man bellowed, “So you’re the third party!”

 

“There must be some misunderstanding. I’m really not…mmm…mmm…”

 

Lu Han’s mouth was covered by Sehun’s palm as the latter took hold of Lu Han and tried to drag him away.

 

But the older man only ran in front of them and blocked their path.

 

“Oh Sehun, you’re not going anywhere until we settle things,” he threatened.

 

“I’ve said it again and again,” Sehun responded in an annoyed tone. “We’re through! Over! Finished! What part of that do you not understand? I don’t have any more feelings for you. So man up and bugger off!”

 

“Were you toying with me?” the man asked seething with anger.

 

“I wasn’t. I truly liked you. But you know teenagers being teenagers, we tend to be fickle minded and lose interest in things quickly. We won’t be able to settle down,” Sehun replied coolly.

 

“Are you taking me for a ride? How do you expect me to believe you?” the man shouted. “You’ve been planning this from day one, didn’t you?”

 

“I didn’t,” Sehun countered as he put on an innocent look.

 

“You’ve been planning to cheat me, haven’t you?” the man accused. “You made me buy things for you and all that.

 

Sehun scoffed. “I didn’t force you to buy all the things for me. You did so willingly in order to obtain my heart, my time and ultimately my body. And you obtained nearly all of them…”

 

“Sehun!” Lu Han cried out.

 

“Except that you didn’t get to me. But it’s still a fair exchange, right? I gave you my time. I gave you my heart. I gave you companionship. I jerked you off in bed…”

 

“Sehun!” Lu Han shouted again.

 

But Sehun ignored Lu Han as he carried on, “So we’re quits. You gave me something I wanted. I gave you something you wanted. That’s what a relationship about. It’s all a transaction with both buyer and seller willing. It’s about making use of the other party.”

 

“Return me everything!” the man demanded.

 

“Why should I? You gave those to me. Those are mine to keep now. As I said, you got my time, my company…it was a fair trade. Man up. Act like an adult! Why are you being so petty?”

 

“You jerk. You gold digging bastard!” the man growled as he raised his fist and prepared to hit Sehun, but something prevented him from doing so.

 

It was Lu Han who mustered all his strength to prevent the man from attacking Sehun.

 

“If he tells you it is s over, it’s over. Stop acting like this! Stop pestering Sehun! And you bought him the things willingly. Why are you being so petty and bitter now?” Lu Han rebuked. “That’s not how a mature adult should behave.”

 

Lu Han was surprised at himself for saying those words. He knew that Sehun was in the wrong. He knew how twisted Sehun was in his thinking, but he knew what the younger boy had gone through and pitied him. So it surprised Lu Han himself who always had a sense of right and wrong to speak up for the younger boy who was clearly in the wrong.

 

“Both of you are cheats! You two obviously conspired to plan this whole thing!” the man snarled.

 

“That’s not true!” Lu Han defended. “What good do Sehun and I get out of this?”

 

The older man was stumped for words. Lu Han decided to seize the chance to make his and Sehun’s exit. Lu Han relaxed his grip on the man, and turning to Sehun, he said, “Come on, let’s go.”

 

As they walked briskly, they could hear the man’s threats: “I’m going to report both of you to the police! I’m not going to let you off Oh Sehun! You’ll pay for this!”

 

……

 

Sehun has just settled down comfortably in his seat at Prince Café just as Lu Han returned to the table with their drinks and snacks.

 

Sehun noticed the frown on Lu Han’s pretty face.

 

“Is everything okay? You don’t look happy.”

 

Lu Han sighed as he spoke in an earnest tone, “Sehun-ah, please tell me honestly, did you plan this on purpose?”

 

“Plan what?” Sehun asked innocently.

 

“To use me,” Lu Han continued.

 

“Use you? What do you mean?”

 

“Did you ask to meet outside school so that I could witness the break-up between you and that man? You even lied that I’m your boyfriend. Did you just use me as an excuse to get a way out from your relationship?” Lu Han huffed. “Did you plan this on purpose? I feel so used and wrong. You took things really too far this time round. You even kissed me without my permission. How do you think I feel? Why did you do that Sehun-ah?”

 

There was a look of horror in Sehun’s eyes and his jaw dropped from the shock. Sehun tried to find the words to say as he stuttered, “It’s…it’s…just…pure…pure coincidence….I didn’t expect him to show up in front of my school today. I had already made it clear two days earlier that our relationship had ended. He had been calling me but I have been rejecting his calls. I really had no inkling that he would just show up today just like that.”

 

“Everything just seems to be so well thought out to be a coincidence,” Lu Han remarked.

 

“Please believe me. It’s all really a coincidence,” Sehun pleaded.

 

“Sehun-ah, I really want to believe you and I wish I could believe you, but I can’t. How can I trust someone who lied?”

 

“I…”

 

“You lied to all the guys you dated. I know you’re not interested in them at all. You’re just making use of them. You toy with their feelings….And then you lied earlier to that guy that I was your boyfriend. Sehun-ah, that’s not true. I’m just your friend. Why did you lie? You’ve gotten me into trouble,” Lu Han griped.

 

“Yes, I may have lied, but one thing is true. I do have feelings for you. And I realised that not too long ago,” Sehun said earnestly.

 

Lu Han scoffed. “Are you planning on lying to me too?”

 

Sehun shook his head. “I know what I had told a lot of lies before. But this time I’m being honest with you. I’ve been nothing but honest with you. I don’t know why I did that but I told you about my past. I really do like you more than just a friend.”

 

“You’re kidding me. Sehun-ah, I can’t support or provide for you. I can’t afford you all the luxuries you want. Why would you even like me?”

 

“Don’t you like me then?” Sehun asked. 

 

“Why are you trying to change the topic? Answer my question.”

 

“If you don’t like me, why did you stand up for me earlier? Why did you want to protect me?”

 

“Because I don’t want to see you get hurt even though you’re in the wrong!” Lu Han exclaimed. “I knew that something like this would happen to you. It might have even happened a few times before…”

 

“So you do care for me,” Sehun interrupted.    

 

“Yes! Yes, I do,” Lu Han freely admitted. “I care and worry about you much more…”

 

“Can I date you?” Sehun cut in.

 

“Than I should…What? What did you just say?” Lu Han was stunned.

 

Sehun leaned forward and kissed Lu Han on his lips causing Lu Han’s eyes to widen in surprise. It took him a few moments to collect himself and he quickly withdrew from Sehun.

 

“Sehun-ah. Is this some sort of a sick joke?” Lu Han raised his voice indignantly. He was somewhat irritated. “Are you trying to take advantage of me? This is the second time…”

 

“I’m really sincere,” Sehun replied in a dry tone and his usual poker-faced self. 

 

“This is not possible,” Lu Han shook his head. “I’m not going to be your sugar daddy.”

 

“Believe me. I’m really sincere. I want to date you.”

 

“You probably say that to every older guy,” Lu Han scoffed. “Sehun-ah, I won’t fall for it.”

 

“Why can’t you give me one chance?” Sehun asked, looking somewhat hurt. “Don’t you like me?”

 

“I do like you!” Lu Han paused. “As much as I like you, I don’t trust you. I can’t trust a guy who toys with the feelings of others to get what he wants.”

 

“Am I…that…untrustworthy?”

 

“Sehun-ah…it’s not that. Because I’m not what you’re looking for. You’re looking for someone to provide for you. So now you’re turning to me to be your sugar daddy? Have you run out of targets?” Lu Han asked harshly.

 

“Do you see me as a materialistic person? Do you see me as a person who makes use of others?” Sehun countered bitterly.

 

Lu Han did not respond to Sehun’s question because he was unsure on how to reply. Yes, Sehun did portray himself as someone out to make use of others, but that could just be the surface of things.

 

“Then you don’t really know me…” Sehun lamented and lowered his head in defeat.

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

“Please don’t say anything…”

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

“Please don’t…” Sehun paused before he continued softly. “I know that I’m twisted inside. I know I’m not a good guy. I manipulate others to get what I want. But…I really want to be a good person. I was this good once. I really put my heart into loving this person…I gave him everything that I could…but…”

 

“Sehun-ah, I know it hurts. But why are you perpetuating this hurt? Why are you hurting others in the same way you were hurt?” Lu Han gently lifted Sehun’s chin and gazed into the younger boy’s tear-filled eyes.

 

“I don’t know. I just feel good. It just feels so good to be in power,” Sehun mumbled.

 

“Sehun-ah, I really like you. It’s not that I don’t want to try. But…it won’t work out. Not until you can work out your issues.” Lu Han comforted. “Until then let’s just remain friends.”

 

“I want to change. Please help me,” Sehun pleaded.

 

“How do you want me to help you?”

 

“By agreeing to date me,” Sehun replied.

 

“Sehun-ah, I said I can’t,” Lu Han insisted.

 

“I will only accept it if you can look straight at me into the eyes and tell me that you have no feelings for me…and that your heart doesn’t flutter when you see me. Because I have unknowingly developed feelings for you,” Sehun said sincerely.

 

“I…I…I don’t know if you’re going to make use of me. I don’t want me to be made use of. I don’t want to be a fool.”

 

“I’m not asking you to be my boyfriend. I just want the chance of dating you.”

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

“I promise you. You don’t have to buy me expensive gifts or presents. You don’t have to pay for my share of food and drinks when we go on dates. I’ll pay for you,” Sehun promised. “How much do the drinks and cakes cost today? I’ll pay you.”

 

Sehun reached for his wallet, opened it, and took out two 10,000 Won bills. “Are these enough?”

 

Lu Han shook his head.

 

“It’s not enough?” Sehun asked worriedly. “That’s all I have with me. I’ll go the ATM machine. Wait here for me.”

 

Sehun stood up but Lu Han grabbed him and told him to sit down.

 

“I believe you,” Lu Han cried out exasperatedly.

 

“Does this mean that you agree to date me?” Sehun asked hopefully.

 

“I guess…”

 

“Hurrah!” Sehun fist pumped the air. “Lu Han has agreed to date me! Lu Han has agreed to date me!”

 

Lu Han could not help but chuckle at Sehun’s reaction. “Ok. Calm down. You don’t want to make a scene here do you?”

 

Sehun was all smiles as he shook his head.

 

Lu Han grinned. “And for a start to prove your sincerity, I’m taking the 20,000 Won from you.”

 

Sehun’s jaw dropped in shock as Lu Han extended his hand with his palm outstretched to wait for the money.

 

“But that’s my allowance for the rest of this week,” Sehun grumbled.

 

“So someone’s going back on his word right now?” Lu Han teased.

 

“Fine I’ll hand it all over,” Sehun said as he placed the two bills into Lu Han’s palm as the older boy smiled.

 

“Here,” Lu Han said gleefully as he fished a 5000 Won bill from his wallet and handed it over to Sehun. “You can have this back.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly I would like to wish all my readers (Chinese or not) a Happy Lunar Year. We'll be seeing the Year of the Dragon off in just about a few hours time and usher in the Year of the Snake. So here's wishing prosperity, luck, and the ability to excel in whatever you do. 

And so, we bid farewell to the BaekYeol saga a bit to return to HunHan. I hope you enjoyed this scene. Do you really believe what Sehun had said that he didn't plan the scene outside his school? How do you guys feel about Sehun as a character?

Do you think Lu Han made a good decision in agreeing to date Sehun?

Do you think HunHan would live happily ever after?

Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions so far. Remember to comment and subscribe. And if you upvote this, please?

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)